Sets up and operates horizontal boring, drilling, and milling machine to perform machining operations, such as milling, drilling, boring, and reaming pump casings, analyzing specifications, blueprints, and deciding on tooling according to knowledge of shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures.
- Operate various machine tools to manufacture and repair mechanical assemblies.
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including size and illustrations.
- Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper size.
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes (e.g., horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills).
- Operate Manual lathes and/or milling machines
- Ability to maintain tolerances of .001"
- Ability to accurately use and read precision measuring tools
- Capable of following written and verbal directions
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
- Understand materials and applications as required.
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures and Babbitt bearing work.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinder, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Denmar Pump Service’s located in Stoughton, MA, is a fast growing company that is a leading provider in pump repair, design and...