Denny's Employee Reviews

Found 3,749 reviews matching the search
Just bad managment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, CASeptember 19, 2017
Managment had no control and had never kept their word to the employees and also there was favoritism between them and employees.

Waitresses allowed to curse out us kitchen staff for any reason they thought was a reason to! People took food and management looked the other way with out any consequences! Worse kitchen I ever worked in!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to count
slow day fast days
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lost Hills, CASeptember 19, 2017
The amount of dishes that we had to do would vary with how many costumers would come day to day. I had different hours shifts nothing consonant only if you have another job or if going to school.
It was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZSeptember 18, 2017
If you aren't the waitress type I don't recommend this job for you , it's a fast paced environment that can be stressful, sometimes it can feel like your back in high school with how bratty the people can be with their competition . Customers can be rude and impatient, but if you can get through all of that you will be fine.
Pros
Meal plan and discounts
Cons
Bratty people
Breakfast with a smile
Server/Hostess/Unit Aide (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 18, 2017
Come in, clock in, find your section, get set up for your customers, greet guests, help seat guests, taking their food and drink order, bringing out their correct food order, checking on your guests, proceed to cash them out and inviting them to return.
Pros
heath care, discount
Cons
training needs modified
Stressful & unfair work environment
Server/ Expo/ Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2017
This place is so hectic to work at! The management is poor and unfair. There is a lot of favoritism and gossip. Its like working with a bunch of high schoolers. Its a good start up job but definetly dont recommend staying there long.
worst place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 17, 2017
this was an absolutely terrible place to work. i have worked at two different ones in two different towns and they were both unorganized, unethical, and do not know how to treat their workers.
Dennys
Server/Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Station, INSeptember 17, 2017
I love working at Dennys. The environment is warm, and sufficient. I love the people I work beside. I love that working at Dennys challenges me everyday. Everyday is different and I get the opportunity to interact with varied groups of people
Try it for yourself
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Depending on your mgmt team you'll either have a great time or hate it there. It all depends who you work for. Upper mgmt sucks especially in the franchise units. When you're cooking in a new kitchen you might have all three fryers operation but when they break down you'll end up frying everything in one fryer.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Poor upper management and pay.
good first job
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2017
Good job to start easy money sometimes slow but overall fast mornings you get to learn a lot sometimes slow as a server tips are not always good the company is ok not a lot of benefits or paid vacation on time off not very understanding in call outs due to emergency
Buen trabajo y excelente lugar
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 13, 2017
Me gustaba mucho hacer lo que hago lo único que no me gustaba era que descansaba mucho días
Pros
El lugar era excelente y el trabsjo estupendo y los compañeros muy buenos
Cons
Que descasanbamos muchos dias y eso no se vale
Really cool location really cool marines come and go
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2017
I actually really enjoyed working here it was on a marine base and golf course so I was always super busy and before I knew it it would be time to go home.
Excellent Work Atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Denny's Restaurant is a great place to work
Interacting with customers and employees is enjoyable
On difficult situations, is a satisfaccion to have them fix on the most professional manner.
Pros
Good communication with superiors
Cons
dennys is okay to work for
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  virginiaSeptember 12, 2017
I would recommend most people to dennys. At times it can be stressful but any job can be. the job its self is not hard, it is everything else that comes along with it.
Stressful, poor management
Waitress and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayland, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Not good co workers or management. Can be hostile work environment very stressful. Lots of people call in. Make good tips though. Sometimes people like to gossip about each other rather than do their work.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Short or interrupted breaks
productive
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXSeptember 12, 2017
That was my first job i loved the co workers and having big tables and making sure my customers were good the mangers were okay I like the work enviroment.
working for Denny's
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 12, 2017
i love working for Denny's. the general manager was a little hard to get along with at times but i enjoyed my job my customers. i enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
the interaction with people and good money
Cons
poor management
The customers were really what kept this place rocking and rolling.
FOH Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
A day starting in the evening their until 7:00 AM. Not in a busy location. Very slow at night. The hardest part was washing all dishes from morning shift and ;night shift. The making sure everything is ready for the morning crew.
Not so Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CASeptember 11, 2017
Could be a good place to work with a good leader. Any restaurant can be fun to work at and run smooth with the right leadership. Unfortunately when I was there the manager was not good. And when I asked the area manager to let me change things they transferred me to another location and that manager was just as bad. so not a great place for me. But a good training program and with good people these restaurants could be a good be a great to work.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Bad managment
Productive and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  N Palm Springs, CASeptember 11, 2017
I loved working at Danny's.
It was a fast but fun work environment and the manager was great. She really stayed on top of things. It was my favorite job I had so far!
Pros
Fast paced and fun. Tips where great!
Cons
Not enough hours
Good workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Fellow employees and management at the ones i worked at were great. Always feel welcomed by them and customers. I didn't get much time with the ones i worked at as I was working here in between college semesters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9