Denny's
1,498 reviews

Denny's Employee Reviews

no life while working
server (Former Employee), jackson miJuly 30, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: no team work and rude managment
a typical day would be dealing with managers who sit on their phones and get mad when they have to help you work. Management curses at employees. some people can show up late but not everybody. management also sits around talking about other employees and how they do their job. they never hand out paychecks and get mad at you when you come on payday to pick up your check. stating that you cannot pick them up to after 4pm when banks close at 5.if you don't smoke you don't get a break. no one trains you right. a lot of the staff thinks they should wait for someone else to do their job. not a good place to work.
High school job
Service Assistant (Former Employee), Perrysburg, OHJuly 30, 2015
a day at work was just cleaning floors dishes or cooking, i learned how to cook and prep food, the management was poor, my co-workers were friendly, the hardest part was working till 1 am on a school night
the crew was respectful and fun to work with.
Food Server (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches
Cons: People calling out
Interesting work place that aloud me to engage with customer on multiple levels. Management was going through several changes which caused us to see many of them frequently.
You are expected to do job of at least 3 people
Server (Former Employee), tempe,azJuly 27, 2015
Pros: free food and good tips
Cons: no breaks very high expectations
Typical day of work is being under staffed and being expected to cashout customers get their orders bus your tables and seat guest while also making any soups salads drinks or desserts
I learned how to manage time and stay efficient
Management sucks very unappreciative and dont help what so ever
Co workers are the best part of the job along with meeting lots of new people
Hardest part of job is how much that is expected of each person
Most enjoyable part is meeting new people from all over and the pay is great if you are friendly
fun and easy going
Hostess/Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Ruther Glen, VAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: 30 minute breaks, no job security
set guest, take their orders, make them happy, keep an eye on their drinks to make sure they was full, make sure all food was hot and tasty, and cash out the guest. The employees was great, always got off in a timely manner, cheerful, and stress-free.
Whoa!
Wait Staff/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 27, 2015
Kind of tough environment have to know how to deal with disgruntled customers. If you know or have good customer service skills you wont have any major problems.
Very Productive Workplace
Denny's Restaurant (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great People, Hard Work
A normal day at work would include large groups of people who would come in and enjoy themselves on a regular basis. I learned that when working a job that was based on tips, you really have to come out of your shell and interact with people in order generate enough money to survive on. The management at my store was the best management anyone could ask for. Always helpful, always kind, and always – more... honest. I loved my co-workers because they understood how to work as a team, and how to support everyone; regardless of job or position. The hardest part of the job was getting little to no tips, because it was always accompanied by the feeling that i didn't do well. but the most enjoyable part was when i was recommended by someone, or when people would bring friends in to see me, just based on their previous experience. – less
WORST management EVER
Server (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: gain customer service expierence
Cons: no breaks sometimes & unhappy customers
my job was easy, but the two managers i worked with did not manage the company well. it was terrible business wit schedules things weren't ran properly and functionally.
i loved working here,raised my kids here
Server (Former Employee), Manteca, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: the love from my small town, knowing everyone that walked in
Cons: no insuance, no overtime and or lack of good management, time on paycheck was altered
I loved working for the customers at dennys as well as most of my co workers. Being a small town I pretty much knew everyone including all the young as well as the older patrons in my community . Management I hate to say wasn't as up to par as I ,being in the business for over 35 years wondered "where did they get this guy or girl from" as for a day on the job ...everyday was different, ether it was prom night or a Sunday morning with 35 or more soccer kids crashing through the doors. I loved every minute ...
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRJuly 23, 2015
Customer service assuring the best experience and satisfactory visit. Food and beverage offering and serving. Closing of cash register and currency report.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee), Moorpark, CAJuly 22, 2015
The new owner is a good person to work for.. He is kind and fair with all his employees.. Customers come back just because of the friendly service they recieve
Alot of drama gets started. There is tons of favoritism.
Server (Former Employee), Thomasville, NCJuly 22, 2015
I loved working there when I first started. As an employee I expected to be treated the same as everyone else and that was not the case. I worked 40+ hours most weeks and never got a day off hardly. I was never recognized for my dedication and hard work.
Overall a pleasant environment
Server (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Half price meals
Cons: hourly wages were not sufficient
Cooperative team members
I learned to sacrifice my own time to keep the business running even when I was supposed to be off the clock
Friendly coworkers, but lacking proper management.
Trainer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Daily interaction with people.
Cons: Struggle with management.
Work was fun. Daily interaction with a variety of interesting people giving you the chance to learn about different personality types. Daily interaction with new people helps you understand how to properly conduct yourself under different circumstances. I truly enjoyed working at Denny's although the company lacked proper management.
n/a
Waitress (Former Employee), Hollywood, CAJuly 21, 2015
it was a nice place to work at. i cam in clocked in took my orders and distributed it to customers in timely manner. I also cleaned off tables after guests have finished and applied proper setting to the tables.
Unorganized and understaffed
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Texas City, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Visiting with your regular guest and tips
Cons: Rude customers, understaff, not long enough breaks
As for a waitress you come in see what section you are in and what area you will clean at the end of your shift. Seat and great customers, handle transactions, placed orders and serve the order. Hardest part of being a waitress is food not coming out on time, no help meaning understaff. Such as people quitting because of Denny's being so unorganized.
Great benefits and compensation
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLJuly 20, 2015
It has great benefits and salaries but the hours and life style of the job it is extremely life consuming.
Love the fast pace work environment.
Server (Former Employee), Buttonwillow, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Meeting lots of people, with great tips and keeps you on your toes.
Cons: Sore feet ;)
I love the service industry because of its fast paced, people oriented work environment.Denny's is a great place to work if you can handle many tasks at once and don't break a sweat under high stress... For me.. I thrive under those conditions.
Productive workplace with awesome co-workers
Server (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Good money, good food
Cons: short breaks, managment not helpful
A normal day at Dennys would be busy in the am and slower after lunch. we were given specific jobs and duties to be performed before the end of our shifts. The morning management was not helpful, so we as servers had to perform our duties and some of others. Night management made our job fun. he enjoyed interacting with customers and servers. played great music. Hardest part of the job was dealing with managers that didn't care for the servers. Best part of the job was making a customer smile. no matter what kind of day they had, they could leave with a great experience and a smile.
fast pace
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee), yuma, azJuly 17, 2015
Pros: easy money
Cons: not getting appreciated
greeting, taking orders taking out meals on time keeping customers satisfied staying organized good memory being atentive with your customers

1 2 3 4 5