Denny's Employee Reviews

Found 3,029 reviews matching the search
Fun
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 8, 2017
It is a great first job if you are starting out. I am not sure of the benefits but job advancement does not exist. They have managers that are caring and then they have managers that do not care at all.
Running a 24/7 restaurant.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 27, 2016
Doing the books from prior days work. Check the schedule, make deposits, open the bar for the day. Preparing the P&L's for the week and/or months end. Ordering product we need for the customers, so when they order their food they can get what they expect in product. Interview potential employees. Make sure that all employees working that day, are in proper uniform and they are giving great customer service to each and every customer. My day is fulfilled if I can just show one employee some thing new each and every day. The hardest part of this job is keeping my employees on track and learning new ways suggestive sell our product. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers, and giving great customer service.
Pros
Being able to take charge of any situation, and to be able to fix any problems may they arise.
Cons
No insurance for employees, no raises for management.
Busy place and tips are good
Server (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MINovember 2, 2016
I like working here but would like a career in the dental field. Many guests are regulars and I enjoy seeing them each day. I like to get to know their names and personal preferences so they feel welcome.
Pros
good money, nice coworkers, perfect schedule for my lifestyle
Cons
no benefits offered, strenuous work
Can make a decent living working less hours
Manager, Waiter, Cook (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 19, 2016
It is a good place to work if you don't have any children, and not a great need for money. If you are a people person work will be a bit easier. However there are no benefits and low food prices leads to under staffing and overwhelming, often impatient crowds.
Pros
work hours
Cons
security, advancement, benefits
Meh
Salaried Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MINovember 27, 2016
A lot is expected of you for very little compensation. I worked 55+ hr /week did not get overtime, there wasn't any kind of benefits or bonus package that was attainable and I spent time cleaning and cooking than I did actually managing. It might be different in other franchises but at the locations that I worked it was not worth it.
Server Review at Dennys
Server (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at Denny's as a server. I got along with all the fellow employees. They were very understanding of the schedule I needed and worked with me. The tips were a bonus.
Pros
Free meals during your shift. Making tips.
Cons
No benefits
family style atosphere
Opening/Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 9, 2016
Great place to work at. friendly people to work with everybody work together as team the shifts went fast successfully resolving any customer complaints.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
worked long hours
7.25 pre hr at the moment
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRSeptember 4, 2016
i have learn to do my job well , i have met people and i love to please with the customer with all i got .
my co-workers are always a team in Denny's were all like a family.
the hardest part of my job was to keep all in balance in the kitchen and the front door. but i this my best to manage the work and i love it.
and finally the most enjoyable part of my job its to serve and please the customer always.
Pros
in dennys well the cooks only have 100% and the cashier 50%
Cons
i always had 30 min brake and benefits not so much.
Great Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHNovember 22, 2016
Started as a server and moved to management quickly. Great benefits and reasonable pay. Great bosses and team work is very important. Really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great team enviroment
Cons
corporate
Great job...pay need to be better and management
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Dennys is a good job but need help. The managers need to make a better choices with team members and treat everyone the same. Dennys need better pay and benefits
Yes DENNY'S is a productived company to work for.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 23, 2016
Denny's is a good company to be a team of, and for. It is a stable company with benefits. Also a stay busy company at all times. All denny's everywhere,because of the food chain and it's many discounts, for all ages, including free nites on tuesday's. And Saturdays.
Pros
Some discounts for free, for lunch, dinner, and breakfast.
Cons
Yes in each shift you get a 30 min. break. Also they have reasonable health plan.
Nice place to work to grow close to coworkers and support your family.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYSeptember 20, 2016
Being the manager I go into work everyday with alot to get done. Depending on the business that we have, I may be required to serve or cook. After we get through rush hours is when I normally tend to the paperwork such as doing Temp charts, or doing produce orders.
Pros
Consistant work, Always something to do
Cons
Doing multiple jobs in a day, no overtime for salary employees
Exciting and fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 14, 2016
Greeting customers, seating and taking orders, suggesting the special for that day, don't rush the customer, let them call you when ready, just be attentive to them, Management worked with you to satisfy the customer, in this business its about your tips and we were all there to make money.... the hardest part is when a customer was not satisfied and you could not make them happy at all, no tips, the most enjoyable part is when they leave with a full stomach and leave you a really nice tip.
Pros
We have spiffs and incentives daily to win free meal, days off, etc
Cons
No benefits
Started off as a nice place to work but over time things just fell apart
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 17, 2016
When i first worked theres it was a nice place to work .starting pay was good . i knew a couole people so it layed out smooth. Of course i had a couple problems at the job but i dealt with it. But iver this past month things just went down hill.
Pros
Free lunch. Overtime.
Cons
No benefits. No raises.
Work place
Waiter, cook (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHDecember 4, 2016
Co-workers are nice, u got be flexible and open minded . A lot nice customers. Learned how to deal with Diferent cultures e to face customer service
Pros
Good tips
Cons
No benefits
Productive and Fun workplace
Server/Food Runner/Cook (Former Employee) –  Kunia, HIDecember 17, 2016
Worked in the Kitchen mostly. Worked in all stations such as egg station, pantry, grill, and Saute. Worked for 3 years in the kitchen.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Management sucks.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 12, 2016
I would not reccommend working for dennys. Management sucks. They over staff. Or under staff. Require you to stay 3+ hours longer than your scheduled shift without asking.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
Short breaks, sucky management, no benefits.
Productive and great place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILAugust 8, 2016
Love the teamwork in this place. Very organized and fast paced type of business. All employees did their best to please our guest. My coworkers were like family. My management was on top of us about doing a great job so you were proud of yourself when you were praised for doing a great job.
Pros
Great customer's
Cons
Was a long commute but still worth it
Great Job, Great People
Server (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FL 32763June 13, 2016
I truly enjoyed working at Denny's. I found that I loved all of the other employees i was working with, the pay was decent, the management was great, and i never had problems with the position at all.
The reason I left this job was because of moving. This was my first job since moving to Florida and found that Orange City was not the right place for me to be living. So I eventually made it over here to Port Orange and and much happier.
Pros
management was amazing, work life was fun, people were great.
Cons
no benefits, pay could have been higher.
large workload with out any benefits or advancement
Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado springs 80916August 10, 2016
Dead end. The company has extreme expectations without advancement or even slightly decent benefits. Never felt that I could completely finish my job due to unlogical scheduling. Not all employees are held up to the same expectations or standards.
Pros
learnt a lot of skills to carry on
Cons
terrible environment and no advancement or benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9