Denny's Employee Reviews

Found 2,733 reviews matching the search
Just Horrible
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 18, 2016
When I first started working there i didn't get day off until at the end of my second week. At the time i was still going to school and it really effecting me how performed at school because I was working the midnight shift. Then there were always rumors going around that the GM was going to fire me and stuff. My whole time there i just felt like i was being used.
Consistant regulars, managment is excellent
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 18, 2016
very good organization. the team at Denny's is very welcoming, understanding and team work is good. Although I am used to a higher volume of customers. Though I've only been there for almost a month, I have gained a good circle of regulars. The hardest part about this job is the servers side work and rules are not consistent. Things get changed everyday with out giving notice. I like consistency on a everyday basis, it keeps things running smoother.
Pros
Lovely customers
Cons
Employees argueing, no consistancy, low volume customers
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2016
I like Dennys as a teenager it taught me how to greet and meet people.Before Dennys I was shy didnt really know how to be open to people but about 2 months in I was a more confident person.I learned how to balance food on one hand which was real neat.Management was fair they were fairly young but energetic and was always willing to work.Co-workers was all very well-mannered hard workers.Hardest part is dealing with rude customers.Most enjoyable was knowing that you can make as much tips as you want if you come in and work hard.
Pros
Discounts, Long lunchbreaks
Cons
No real good benefits
Enjoyed working midnights, however poorly run restaurant. Ran out off food regularly, not enough staff.
Server (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Dennys on 3rd shift. However we were understaffed and ended up taking on extra shifts, not having a day off for weeks. Consistently ran out of commonly ordered food items.
Pros
Worked with little to no supervision
Cons
cooks lacked experience, ran out of food, poor management
A very fun and energetic workplace LOVED working there.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Jarrell, TXAugust 16, 2016
Typical day at work- Fun, sometimes tiring but very fun

What I learned- That you cannot just sit around being shy in the workplace because you will not be able to make your money, or you co-workers happy.

Management- Denny's has a great management, best I have seen just being in restaurants eating back when I did not have a job.

My Co-Workers- Loved them. They are all very loving and sweet, it is like you are a family working there, everybody gets along.

The hardest part of my job- I would say is being in a rush hour.

The most enjoyable part of my job- Making money, and having fun.
Pros
Half off on Lunches
Cons
Not very long breaks
Working with others and making customers happy.
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Daleville, INAugust 15, 2016
I would start my day off by jumping right into work and taking care of my customers. Keep my area stocked for me and other employees. Management could of done better. I loved working with the other employees. I got along with everyone. There wasn't nothing that wasn't to hard to accomplish. The main thing I enjoyed the most is watching my customers walk out happy and wanting to come back to our enviorment.
Pros
Dicount on food.
Cons
30 minute break everyday when needed.
One of the worst places to work for.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Nephi, UTAugust 29, 2016
Management lacked communication and structure, Management insisted on serving to sexually harassing costumers and employers. Lacked communication in on job training. Lacked professional management skills. Day time hires got paid more then grave.
Cons
working night graves and only made 1.25 an hr., dayhires got paid more, Manament was all sorts of confusing and never on the same page
Fast paced but comfortabe job
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, VAOctober 23, 2016
The three months I've been working at Denny's, I've learned a lot. From food safety to custodial duties, I've gained the skills needed to succesfuly complete the job. The management, although strict at times, is very helpful when needed. The day to day atmosphere consist of a welcoming team of coworkers who make the job enjoyable.
Dennys review
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53719August 16, 2016
Working at Denny's was an ok experience because there was a lot of rude customers and Managers. I learned the big experience of working at Dennys is don't work at a restaurant that your family worked at cause they view you off one aspect instead of you as your own person. I had a good time making friends and being able to listening to music during work.
Pros
listening to music during work and free food
Cons
inaproperite regular customers
Friendly workers
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHOctober 16, 2016
An average day cooking at Denny's would consist of cooking meals, prepping, portioning and restocking the line. An average day washing dishes would consist of washing, sweeping and mopping the floors, wiping down the walls and carrying over dishes from the dish line to the cook line.
Pros
Free drinks, half off food
Cons
Hours varied, inconsistent
workplace
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2016
Typical day at work, theres times when it will be busy and overwhelming and there would be times that it will be slow. I learned to understand customer's needs more, and how to put guests first. Hardest part of the job will probably be trying to make customers happy because you could get customers that are hard to satisfy. Most enjoyable part of the job are my employees.
Welcome to America's Diner
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 31, 2016
My Family, even after employment with this company, everyone's family. Even the new hires. Most enjoyable part of the job instead of most answers' like the end of the shift, mine would be the beginning. Getting ready. The hype and being excited to see where my shift will lead. Guests become regulars. Regulars become social media friendly to friendship. Friends become family. Love
wonderful and fast paced
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOSeptember 30, 2016
There wasn't anything that I didn't enjoy about working for Denny's. That is where I gained all my server skills. I had a great Trainer and the management team was the absolute best crew of people I have ever worked for. It got a little overwhelming at times But the Manager on duty would always do the best they could to help all employees.
great environment (sometimes)
SERVER/HOST (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 9, 2016
i loved being a waitress due to communicating with costumers and gaining new experiences , but the downfall was the pay was very low due to lack of business sometimes considering i was a day shift so not many people would go, and it would consume so much of my time that the money i would get wasn't worth it.
Pros
great staff, experiences, gained skills
Cons
pay, hours
basic summary
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  League City, TX 77573September 19, 2016
Denny's is on a fast learning past level! you have to be quick on your feet, do your best when entering the order into the computer, the cook will get mad if he has to remake the same order twice. managers pretty laid back as long as he gets the same respect he give you back to him. Pretty clean place. oh, and really great food the cooks does a good job on the food
Decent place to work
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
Overall Dennys are pretty much the same all around serving the same menu items so there isn't much change in terms of work. Staff like all other job varies but I've had generally great experiences with the staff at multiple Dennys. Work can be very fast paced depending on the store sometimes that isn't the case due to location.
Can make a decent living working less hours
Manager, Waiter, Cook (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAOctober 19, 2016
It is a good place to work if you don't have any children, and not a great need for money. If you are a people person work will be a bit easier. However there are no benefits and low food prices leads to under staffing and overwhelming, often impatient crowds.
Pros
work hours
Cons
security, advancement, benefits
Really laid back most of the time great place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, ILNovember 15, 2016
I love working for Dennys, It's a very close family oriented working environment. The Dennys work life is stressful sometimes but well worth the amazing people you meet along the way, the customers alone make my job worth it.
Pros
half off meals and family discounts
Cons
on your feet alot and never close
Energetic fun atmosphere
Shift Supervisor / Server / Cook (Current Employee) –  Breezewood, PAAugust 22, 2016
Enjoy my position and coworkers in a high volume, diverse, fast paced workplace. As a server I learned to be fast but precise, as well as how to provide great customer service. The hardest part of the job is keeping our guest(s) satisfied when food orders are backed up in the kitchen. The most enjoyable part of the job is to hear my customers say "job well done!"
Demanding job with poor pay and recognition
Host (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 15, 2016
Hungry people can be very demanding and impatient, asking me, often times rudely, questions about their food of which I have no control or knowledge over. Working with many rude people made the job unrewarding. Co-workers and managers were very friendly and fun. Helping the servers never went unappreciated and made the day bearable. Although I admired the owner's enthusiasm for service, he was a poor businessman and employer that ultimately led to the restaurant's closure. Restaurant needed many repairs and paychecks often bounced. The restaurant has since been remodeled and is now under new ownership. Working here, I learned to do any job, whether it is ideal or not, to the best of one's abilities.
Pros
Cashier experience, interpersonal experience, good staff
Cons
Poor management, rude customers, bouncing paychecks, sometimes no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9