Denny's Employee Reviews

Great management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed working there but overall didn't get enough hours. Also they did not provide benefits. A typical day at work was very busy an always quick paced. The management was great they always knew what to do. I learned how to work as a team and communication.
N/a
Server/Cashier/Host (Current Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJanuary 31, 2018
I did not like this job. They had way to many employees at the time I started working there. I was there when it first opened and it was not a good place.
Too many snitches
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJanuary 31, 2018
It should haveasted longer but didn't too many cry babies and snitches , over any little thing they got tell on u there are some benefits but overall it busy with nothing to get from it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
People there surround with
Could be better
Server / Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2018
Horrible management. No life outside of the job, scheduling did not allow you to handle your personal life. Only time I had to do anything was on my day off.
Great place to work, needs help with management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
My overall experience with the work environment was awesome but the Houston market needs help with hiring a few more encouraging managers. I would love to go back to Denny's, but only after their management issues are addressed.
Pros
Great benefits and excellent pay
Cons
management issues
Overworked Underpaid
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIJanuary 30, 2018
Worked over 55(+) Hours on a small salary. Expectations are high. Treat employees with respect when doing good, but when comes to the bad, you get belittled!
Productive and fun workplace with trusting team members
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day working at Denny's depends on the day you are working. On weekdays, slow and easy to maintain your own duties. On weekends, busy, and a bit of a struggle to multitask multiple things at once. I have learned so much at Denny's, like how to put together certain foods and how to re stock items. My manager constantly changed my potion without telling me and cut my hours majorly. The hardest part of my job was trying to find things to do on slow days, sometimes i would use a butter knife and a cleaning rag and clean between the seats. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co workers, they were so fun and made things so much better at work. It is hard to find a family in a job.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
No benefits
Life lessons
Server (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJanuary 30, 2018
I put myself through college waitressing for 12 plus years and dealt with many struggles including scheduling conflicts with my school schedule and doctor apps while I was pregnant. I eventually came to a point where I walked out after I was approved for a doctors appointment and then it was recalled because somebody called in and I said that isn't my problem.
Decent job if you’re a student
Busser (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 29, 2018
The management was decent, coworkers are very friendly. But the hours will not be flexible to your likings. There was also no room for advancement. I had been there for 3 years with the same pay (minimum wage) and same position.
fun and friendly
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2018
My typical day would consist of taking and relaying orders correctly. Delivering them and up-holding customer satisfaction. It was a good learning experience, I just wasn't satisfied with managment
Pros
discounted food
Cons
managment
A Great Experience
Raeford Road, Fayetteville, NC, Head Cook (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 29, 2018
I loved being a cook at Denny's; learning a new skill or menu item was easy to do. The crew working was very tight and helpful.The pace was fast. I looked forward in coming to work knowing I could learn something different if I would just look for it.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
The pace at night was rather overwhelming at times due to lack of help.
Wouldn't recommend to anyone
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2018
I had a really tough time at the Denny's I worked out. There were 6 different managers from the time I started until the time I left. The first 4 either had drug problems or didn't care about anyone or were willing to help.
friendly environment but poor management
dishwasher/ hostess (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 29, 2018
The morning staff is great but the lack of planning and management is poor. I enjoyed being in the back as a dishwasher but when i cam up front to be a hostess I didn't get as many hours as I was promised and there is way more drama up front
Good company.
Server (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOJanuary 28, 2018
I loved serving for Denny's. I live getting to see the smile on people's faces when I bring them their food. I just like to work with people. The managers are good and halo where it's needed and so do the servers.
The Staff was very confrontational
HOST (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 28, 2018
A typical work day would be working with out a break then having my manager put in my break into the system and cost me 30 minutes of pay each day. Also the staff there didn't work well as a team everything was about making money rather then satisfying costumers.
Great fast-paced environment
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 28, 2018
Love to meet new people and here, you met all kinds. The co-employee relationship was an awesome one. Everyone did their part to make sure all jobs were done and done exceptionally
great job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  HopehullJanuary 28, 2018
Denny's was an overall great workplace. Delicious food nice people great managers and owners. On the job training and allowed employees to move up the chains if desired
Fast pace job
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Very productive job. Your on your feet all day but it is worth the tips at the end of the day. Management works with the schedule and helps out a lot.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
on your feet all day
Average
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2018
It's an average restaurant to work for. Tips and hours are normal. mostly run a lot of servers all at once but sometimes get rushed and you'll make some money
The customers made the place fun.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJanuary 27, 2018
Going to work for a place with little or no management was very hectic the thing that kept me going was the care and love that the regulars and the customers would show to me. This made my day very enjoyable and fun.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
no management during the time i worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K