Denny's Employee Reviews

Found 2,724 reviews matching the search
Its An Amazing Working Place Love Working With Custormers and Keeping Them Happy
Server (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 25, 2016
Usually I Come In And Start On My Job Right Away ....I Love Having To Come In And Making Hungry Customers Happy And Satisfied...I've Learned That Things Can Be Tough...Might Not Always Go Right But You Have To Learn How To Maintain,Make It Through Any Obstacles, And Always Keep A Smile On Your Face...We Have Very Understanding And Hardworking Managers ....And The Best Coworkers ...Especially When It Come Down To Team Work...We Make Sure The Job Gets Done ...And The Most Enjoyable Part Of My Job...Is Watching My happy/Satisfied Customers Have A Warming Smile On There Faces..
Pros
Free Beverages And unique Uniform
Cons
Employe Pays For Meals
Fun and fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2016
Working as a server was never dull and the people that came through the doors were always varied. The hours were long and my feet hurt but the pay, tips, were outstanding. I would typically make 15 to 30 dollars an hour. Occasionally I would double those numbers. I would meet and greet, seat, take the order, input the order into the kiosk, pickup the order, and serve the order. Now, multiply that by 6, depending on my section, and that's a normal shift. Then I would break down my section, roll silverware, and hand off to the next waitstaff unless I was training. Then I would work another 3 to 4 hours. I would also travel to different locations to train wait staff, or just pitch in if they were short handed.
Positive and Busy work place.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZOctober 23, 2016
A typical day at work was very fast paced. I learned restaurant experience, and how to stay calm during a busy day. The management at Denny's was good, it could have been more professional. My coworkers were all very friendly. The hardest part was trying to please all the customers at once. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people, and working in a positive atmosphere.
Great company
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 11, 2015
At Denny's you would greet guests enthusiastically and give them fast and friendly service. I learned many skills at Denny's including customer service, leadership, and time management. My managers always treated me fairly and respectfully. My co-workers were good people to work with and great friends. The hardest part about worling at Denny's is getting used to not always having a set schedule. The best part of the job was meeting so many new people and getting to share some of the company in a friendly and fast paced environment.
Pros
Many skills developed, chance to move up, and friendly environment
Cons
Not the best benefits
Over-All Great Enviornment
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Denny's EYM Is A Great Job . Management Is Very Helpful , Caring , Understanding , and Reasonable . The Workers Here Are Very Upbeat , and Great At What They Do . I Love Seeing All The Regular Customers and How Satisfied They Are When They Cash Out . I Learned New Ways To Break Common Ground With The Customers To Make Their Stay More Comfortable and Make Them Feel Welcomed .
Fun and loving environment with wonderful people
Waitress, Hostess, and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 4, 2016
There really is no "typical' day at work. Some days we get good business and others we get next to none. Nonetheless it is a very comfortable environment and I have enjoyed the presence of many of my coworkers. I have learned from great employees about how to serve and cook. Management is pretty unorganized in my opinion. Only one manager of the four we have is willing to talk and listen to us when it comes to schedules or any work issues. The others revolve everything around what they want and that only. My coworkers are helpful when needed and very friendly, wonderful people. I have only ever had an issue with two or three of them. The hardest part of the job I would say is adjusting yourself to your surroundings and memorizing the menu on the tablets as you enter the orders. And that isnt super hard so basically the job is pretty decently easy. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is having satisfied customers throughout the day and seeing the faces of our regulars as they come in happy to see us again.
Pros
free food for break, making new friends, happy regular customers
Cons
unorganized management, low payment for servers by the hour
love the customers
Certified Trainer/Server (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 31, 2015
none stop you need to stay on stop of everything, management is great, we (the power of we), the rushes and getting the food out in good time, the customers leaving with a full belly and a smile and when the kids come up and give you a hug and says thank you.
Pros
making customers happy
Cons
no benefits or a chance to move
nc dept. of revenue
host/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2016
i sorted taxes all day long the hardest part was learning what goes where. my co workers where older but funny and fun to be around. the most enjoyable part was sitting down the whole day.
benefits
Cons
no free food
Great starting place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDOctober 18, 2016
It has a great environment. Their was room for advancement. The hard part is to balance the work and home life because it is open 24/7. However that is also good because it maybe flexible for those with families or second jobs.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
open all holidays
Family oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Must have knowledge of menu and their products. Must be on top of your game and have fast and friendly customer service. Will work with schedules. And help you with any problem or issue you have.
Pros
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
Cons
GRAVE YARD SHIFT CAN BE HECTIC IF IN HIGHT LIFE AREA
Family atmosphere, wonderful helpful co-workers
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 13, 2015
Short breaks
At times difficult customers
New management changed store around
Many side work tasks normally couldn't be accomplished in your shifts period. Resulting in staying at least an hour after your shift 99% of the time.
Was able to get overtime and other benefits
Pros
Part time employees had paid vacation, retirement options, health benefits etc.
Cons
Short breaks, new managment made work difficult and cut hours unannounced.
Fast Paced and Great Customer Service
Hostess/ Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  5825 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819September 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. I was able to learn a lot from the person I trained with and gradually became a better dishwasher.very good organization. the team at Denny's is very welcoming, understanding and team work is good. Working as a server was never dull and the people that came through the doors were always varied. I've Learned That Things Can Be Tough...Might Not Always Go Right But You Have To Learn How To Maintain,Make It Through Any Obstacles, And Always Keep A Smile On Your Face...
Pros
I always got a chance to meet new people
Cons
N/A
fun, fast paced environment, excellent service, feels like home
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTMay 15, 2016
A typical day at work is checking customers out when they're ready to leave and you seat the new people that come in.

What i learned from working at Denny's is to multitask.

Management at Denny's was really good. Everyone there was really nice and really accepting.

My co-workers at Denny's were always really nice to me even when they didn't really know me.

The hardest part about my job would be trying to seat people as well as trying to cash someone out. Usually the manager is there to help but when they aren't there to help it makes it 10x harder.

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be when people are super nice to me when they leave as well as come in.
Pros
management is really nice
Cons
you have to work all hours of the night with no breaks
Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PANovember 25, 2016
My days at work were fun, do to other employees I worked with. Management was not all that great at all because they never took care of the big problems in the restaurant, and would handle the small issues not very good. So much change in management, which made it hard on all of us employees
Pros
Other waitresses and customers were fun to be around
Cons
Bad management
Very Fast Paced Restaurant located between 2 Interstates
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 3, 2016
I would have to say I loved the Management Team the most. I worked the hardest at the job than any other, I think. The times were survival and togetherness times as we tried to help rebuild our Restaurant from Hurricane Katrina's wrath.
Pros
Busy, Fast Paced, Team Orientated Management
Cons
Huge Turnover Rate
One of the worst places to work for.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Nephi, UTAugust 29, 2016
Management lacked communication and structure, Management insisted on serving to sexually harassing costumers and employers. Lacked communication in on job training. Lacked professional management skills. Day time hires got paid more then grave.
Cons
working night graves and only made 1.25 an hr., dayhires got paid more, Manament was all sorts of confusing and never on the same page
Fast paced but comfortabe job
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Hopewell, VAOctober 23, 2016
The three months I've been working at Denny's, I've learned a lot. From food safety to custodial duties, I've gained the skills needed to succesfuly complete the job. The management, although strict at times, is very helpful when needed. The day to day atmosphere consist of a welcoming team of coworkers who make the job enjoyable.
Enjoyed working midnights, however poorly run restaurant. Ran out off food regularly, not enough staff.
Server (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Dennys on 3rd shift. However we were understaffed and ended up taking on extra shifts, not having a day off for weeks. Consistently ran out of commonly ordered food items.
Pros
Worked with little to no supervision
Cons
cooks lacked experience, ran out of food, poor management
Good temporary job
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 23, 2016
If you show you are competitive, you can find your self with a good schedule and make decent tips. It can be stressful specially if you are not an experience server.
Pros
decent money as server in morning shift
Cons
lack of benefits
Good place to start off as a first job, that's it.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2016
Depending on the district you are in is depending on well the establishments will be run, jump from a couple of locations has made me see how much of a difference it is. It's a good place to start off your career as a young adult but I wouldn't advice staying in the long run unless you have a morning position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9