DENNYS

DENNYS Employer Reviews

Got to meet lots of nice people from Kaufman, customer that is.
Waitress (Former Employee), Terrell, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: no free meal, 50 precent off on low cost meals only
Cons: no breaks when we were busy.
Maintained knowledge of current menu itms, garnishes , ingredients preparation methods
fun and fast paced work place
Server (Former Employee), Jasper, INDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free food, people, unlimited drinks, tips
Cons: benefits
Never a dull moment working in this place, EVER! There were always people hustling and bustling, and we never closed, I worked night and it was usually hopping from the time i got there til about the time i was leaving. Night shift, it was just you and a manager, so nothing really to complain about there and didn't really work with coworkers except – more... on the weekends, and when i did have a coworker, usually the complaint was side work not being done. The hardest part of the job was picking up the slack from the other coworker you had when side work was not done, the most enjoyable, was getting to meet so many different people and connect with old friends when they came in. – less
fast pace
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Burien, WADecember 1, 2014
loved working at dennys very fast pace environment and enjoyed working with my co workers as well.
best place to work ever
Food Server and Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJNovember 27, 2014
great teamwork, fun, friendly, nice people, and mangers are concerned with guest and employee needs!
CAN BE FUN
SERVER/HOST (Current Employee), Salinas, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: 50% of your meal while working
Cons: ruthless managers
I HAVE WORKED AT 2 DIFFERENT DENNYS AND IN BOTH TAKING A BREAK WAS NOT REALLY ENFORCED. I HAVE WORKED THROUGH COUNTLESS UNPAID BREAKS. UNDER STAFFED MOST OF THE TIME. AND I AM ALWAYS SEEING MANAGEMENT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEIR POSITION.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS THAT JUST COME IN TO COMPLAIN AND GET A DISCOUNT.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE – more... PART OF THE JOB IS GOING HOME WITH A WALLTE FULL OF MONEY.
FROM THIS JOB I HAVE LEARNED TO BECOME VERY PATIENT. – less
Easy to work here
Part time in North Richland Hills (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: 50% on duty, 20% for family
Cons: stupid policies, and irritating employees
Dennys is easy to work for but the relationships are a mine field you have to be careful around.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Federal Way, WANovember 14, 2014
Pros: like a family
I LOVED THE WORK CULTURE AT CHILI`S IT WAS VERY FAMILY STYLED EVERY CO WORKER WAS LIKE EXTENDED FAMILY WE GOT SHIFT MEALS HAD A SOFTBALL TEAM IT WAS GREAT
Fun Workplace
Server (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: they had a great employee meal plan.
Cons: only thing i didn't like was the fact that there was no healthcare plan.
I walk in the door with a smile. we worked together as a team. I helped out to the fullest of my capabilities. I never argued with any of my coworkers or any of our guests.
strong and hard working
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 30, 2014
A day on the job is an okay day for me. Wake up early have to be in by 9am, clock into the computer right when I get to work. Ask the manager what I am assigned to do that specific day if he or she wants to put me as cashier, seating or drinking hostess. As soon I am assigned a job I go straight to work no time wasted with me. The co-workers do love – more... me as being the drink hostess some make comments that I'm better then the last. Only because I'm very fast past. The co-workers and everyone who is apart of the Denny's work place works as a team and I do think that's one of the highlights of the diner cause everyone helps one another. I don't believe there is hard parts about Denny's or any other job. I like to look at the hard parts as challenges and over come that obstacle, therefor if it was to ever reappear I would already know what to do and how to handle it better then the first time. – less
my co workers were awesome
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: vacation pay, friendly co workers
Cons: open kitchen, healthcare, overworked
It was good work atmosphere,
The co workers were easy to get along with, an made working there fun..
A lot of miss communication amongst managers an issues with favoritism towards senior employees,
The hardest part of this job was taking on the responsibility of more than one job code; especially on the late night shift when I'd be expected to cook – more... my whole shift usually from 10pm until 6/7 am.
and the dishwasher leaves at 2am
Advancement in this job was very difficult for me because it wasn't just based on how many certifications and job codes you acquire.but was also based on being able to handle all job codes an that was overwhelming to me.
The most enjoyable part of being with Denny's was learning more techniques an furthering my knowledge of culinary skills. – less
Wonderful Company, Friendly Enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee), Durango, COOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, wonderful management
Cons: working with food
This was my first job, and it was a great place to learn about customer service. They trained me well, and helped me become the employee i am today.
Being a server isn't that bad
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free meals, very flexible hours and schedule, making cash every day
Cons: no benefits
It was simple, I clocked in to work around 8pm and left at 5am. The graveyard shift was probably the hardest part of the job but was very beneficial when it came to working the weekends. I enjoyed meeting all the different types of people each day as well as leaving work with a wad of cash every morning. My routine was pretty cool I would make sure – more... things are stocked up and then proceed to assisting my tables and making sure everybody left happier or more enlightened then when they came in, that also put more money in my pocket. The coworkers at the time were lazy and didn't put in too much effort other then what they were required to, but the managers were laid back for the most part as long as people were paying their tabs. – less
high paced
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Cottonwood, AZOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks long hours
high paced work place
friendly staff
good management
diverse cooking
Typical waitress job
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: no benefits
I served food, and handled money, cleaned tables. I enjoyed working with people and I am very easy to get along with and I am a very quick learner. Sometimes I didn't make much money if we weren't very busy, but other than that it was a pretty good job. I like more hands on stuff though such as factory work, and warehouse jobs, I like to stay busy.
fun environment
Line cook (Former Employee), Resaca, GAOctober 12, 2014
my co-workers made this job fun. I left simply for a better opportunity
Dennys wasn't thee best of work places..
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: i got to cook.
Cons: alot, poor hygiene, un proper sanitary practices. etc.
I truly didn't like the job it was infested with roaches, had no training videos and didn't want to pay me for my worked earned hours.
It is a great place to work
Server (Current Employee), Hanford, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: half off
Cons: tip outs
All of the co-workers are great, the managers are good. They work around schedules. The typical work day consists of a lot of work. Very busy
Hard work but pays well
SERVER (Former Employee), fort lauderdale, floridaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good pay free food
Cons: poor managment
I had to serve and be hostess and cashier! Its hard to leave when it's time. some servers have bad attitudes and don't like doing their job. It seems as if I had to make up for their poor behavior. It seems that every time I took my concerns to management they brushed me off.
Friendly family enviorment
Waitress (Former Employee), Levvittown NYOctober 2, 2014
Fast paced environment ,multicultural, evaluate situations, work as a team,work well under pressure,organize co-workers (coordinate)
enjoyable
Waitress (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYOctober 2, 2014
I didn't work there long due to an accident. but it was enjoyable in my time

1 2 3 4 5