Dennys Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  college station, txAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed the customers and being able to bring home cash everyday from waiting table. It was a great experience. The hours were perfect.
productive and interesting life experience
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2015
I started this job at age19. So, I've grown to love the job and everyone at it. Although, I've seen many come and go. The owner and management team has always been very fond of me. They've always tried to push me in the direction of promotion, but i love the money and fast paced excitements that come with my position as a server. I appreciate the skills and life experience I have gained at this job. I am definitely an expert at waiting tables and providing 5 star customer service because of my work family here with Denny's.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
not a career
Enjoyed meeting all the travelers
Server (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZAugust 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. The hours were great. Management on the other hand needed a lot of work, which is one of the reasons why i had left.
fun while it lasted :Dishwasher/ host
dishwasher/ host (Former Employee) –  Sioux FallsAugust 22, 2015
I was hired to b a dishwasher.. the place was a restaurant, re- opening under new management. with mostly truck drivers as customers.. i enjoy the dish washing aspect, until new management decide id do better as as host. I reluctantly accepted the new position.. Mistake! I had difficulty operating the cash register, giving discounts, etc.. One day I checked the schedule and saw i'd been removed.. they simply over hired,and id been eliminated. i enjoyd the dishwasher part.. and would have stayed in that position. My Lady also worked there as a server.. she got sick (bronchitis).. took in a doctors note..and she'd also been removed..
Pros
keepin busy. .
Cons
Manager..
Franchise owner and Management Team are great to work for !
Hostess aSnd Server (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 12, 2015
there was many times I had went to work and set up and restocked items where not completed and servers left already . management for the day crew allowed them to leave without their side work done. I had the late shift or the graveyard shift in which I didnt mend just swing shift hours where to start right smack in the middle of dinner and it was either I missed the dinner ruch or walked into it and missed out on the dinner tables. the management there have the team work ethic , they would do what it took for the customer satisfaction. but many whee burnt out on so many hours and daily assigned work duties to do and be out front to serve our customers needs or staff relations. my coworkers were great and a joy to work besides. they in the most part would give a hand when needed and encouraged modivate, and support not only the servers but anyone in any part of Dennys crew.the hardest part of my day was to make sure all side work was done before breakfast crew came in for their shift. Graveyard was only me and the cook . for a few hours right before breakfast .to cash / host bus stations and server them reset , clean ,stock and silverwere along with sidework finished before anyone comes in is quite challenging at times . the most enjoyable is the customers of course .There were regulars that would come in everyday to our onece a week ones. to new and interesting people that came threw out the year. I have always enjoyed serving and making sure that they are all taken care of to the best of my ability;.
Pros
management and crew team players, the regular patrons
Cons
hours veried, ( not enough ) short handed not enough night crew and to many day crew
fun place when every one does ther part
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kenly, NCAugust 10, 2015
typical day is staying busy,and getting that rush of orders coming,i learn you cant please everybody no matter how hard you try.manger only one he was very good to work for ,
Pros
if they let me get extra time in.
Cons
when you no you need me an i'm willing to work an you won't use me
Polite & Patient
Waiter/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2015
Over the years i have had to learned to be as patient and polite with rude people no matter how much criticism they throw your way. its you not letting it get to you is what is important
I think this job was a great experience
Host/server (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 4, 2015
This job was a great one. Had fun environment and fast paced and always busy. The managers were great and I highly recommend if one likes to meet new people.
great family ran
Server (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2015
I loved this job
I enjoy the close contact everyday.
The doctors took me in and taught me everything I needed to know and was easy to ask questions and learn fast with the on the job training.
best place to work
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Padre Island, TXJuly 28, 2015
this location in south padre is really great, starting with staff all the way to the food. cant complain about working here,
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
SERVER / PIC (Former Employee) –  Stanton, CAJuly 27, 2015
AWESOME MANAGEMENT TEAM, AS WELL AS ALL CREW, BONDING WITH THEM WAS GREAT , RESTAURANT WAS WELL MAINTAINED AS WELL AS ALL EQUIPMENT, VERY BUSY RESTAURANT , NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING BAD AT THIS LOCATIONS, IT WAS ALWAYS VERY PLEASANT TO WORK THERE.
Pros
ALWAYS HAD PRODUCT AVAILABLE
Cons
NONE
small town but great business.
Head cook (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXJuly 27, 2015
Management willing to listen to other staff to help better business and make business better and much more pruductive for other employees.
Productive, fun & safe environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Essington, PaJuly 27, 2015
Typical day I clock in, see which station i'm working, and prepare to greet & seat customers. At Dennys I learned how to use the register more, how to sit guests & how to keep my work station clean & organized. If i was to have any questions i could always ask the manager on call. The Hardest part or the job that i would say is getting the customers food out in a fast & timely manner but the most enjoyable part was getting to know new people.
Pros
Discounts
fun place to work at.
SERVER (Current Employee) –  pico rivera caJuly 21, 2015
a great fast phase job. everyday is different working here. management are great, very helpful . Coworkers are also great, we all work as a team.
Not woth the hassle
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaJuly 16, 2015
I worked for Dennys in Las Vegas for four years. The only reason I stayed so long as a manager was because I didn't want to see my GM suffer. The upper management is so unprofessional. They have no regard for their local store managers or other store employees. They will work you to the bone with no benefits and nothing matters but their numbers, which means severely understaffed everyday.
Cons
no breaks, understaffed, twrrible management
Best job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 15, 2015
Working at Dennys assisting my customers need was satisfying. Food, the people, the work environment was always satisfying. I enjoyed my time there and had a good time working there
enjoyed employment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Lunas, NMJuly 15, 2015
would have stayed with company alot longer if i were able to relocate. learned many important management skills. good amount of team work
Always busy
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Florida locationsJuly 15, 2015
Great people but need to reward great people appropriately. Good job to start in hospitality business, but difficult to expand to other companies
Pros
Non-stop
Cons
Pay
Tough learning expreience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2015
A typical work day includes customer service, along with food prep and sales, as well as general restaurant cleaning .

I learned from working grave yard at Denny's that this is not where I want to be in 5yrs or 10yrs any at anytime.

The management at Denny's is generally careless and not helpful.

Co-workers in the restaurant where not team friendly, did not show positive attitudes and many of them did not perform the job as required.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the intoxicated customers coming in on the graveyard shift.

The only enjoyable part of the job was the money that was made in tips.
Pros
Medical Benifits
Cons
Intoxicated customers, Co-workers that weren't about team work
Great Company to work for.
Hostess/Server/Cashier/Trainier (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJuly 12, 2015
on feet for long periods of time,
clean the restaurant
sociable
must be a cashier, as well as seating and serving drinks to customers.
help servers when needed.
Pros
half off food
Cons
no holidays off, not PTO, no health benefits.