Dennys

Dennys Employee Reviews

pros:POSSIBLE good tip days cons:management lack of professionalism
Server and Hostess (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 16, 2015
I have been working here for about 2 years now and it has gotten progressively worse. Managers often mistreat employees, very stressful work load which is unfathomable because it is dennys, and the employee morale is close to none. There is no team aspect here. One pro I do have is being able to interact with countless individuals daily which I do enjoy.
Productive work place
Hostess/Cashier/Busser (Former Employee), New Smyrna Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Absolutely an amazing company to work for! Management is nice they understand problems and help work them out with you. Co-workers are easy to get along with and are enjoyable to work with.
Consistent pay.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Monroe, MIFebruary 5, 2015
My job at dennys would start at 11:00pm till 8:00am I would come in check the cooks line make sure it was stocked and cleaned. Make sure the temperature chart was filled out correctly and then prepare the soups for the morning. On the down time I would prep food for the next day and make sure all the food was dated correctly. Usually we would be pretty busy the whole night and then we would get a few rushes during the night until my shift ends. The hardest part of the job had to be the rushes on a good Friday night around 2 we would fill the house and still have multiple parties waiting. The easiest part of the job was the down time while I had no orders to fill to prep food. The people for the most part were friendly until the rushes a lot of servers succumbed to the pressure and tempers ran high.
like it
cook (Former Employee), oneonta nyJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: short breaks
if I didn't movie I would continue to work the the staff where good and the job was fun
DENNYS
COOK (Former Employee), Clear Lake, IAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: not many hours
Cons: wanted to work outside
THE PEOPLE I WORKED WITH WERE THE ONCES HOW HELPED ME BECOME A TEAM PERSON AND ALSO GOT ME TO LEARN AND OPEN MY MIND TO DIFFERENT THINGS
A typical day at Denny's
Waitresss (Former Employee), Atascocita, TXJanuary 24, 2015
I learned to deal with rude customers and needy managers. Management was horrible and very unprofessional. Most enjoyable part of the job was the money.
dennys
server (Former Employee), Troy, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: health insurance, family, discount on food
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at dennys was writing down checks, putting orders in the computer, handing back the checks , checking on my customers at my tables. What i learned was how to right checks, put orders in. My co-workers was really nice, I got close to a friend there he was the cook .. he ended up passing away recently but he helped me a lot a dennys. The most enjoyable was learning everything i needed to know in a server world and meeting my friends.
Server (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: at the end business slowed down dramatically
I loved working there. Its been my favorite job. Loved the customers that when in on a regular basis. Loved the people that I worked with. I enjoyed going to work everyday. the tips were good until the end.
opening a new store was fun and exciteing
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Bedford, INJanuary 13, 2015
it had its challenges being a 24 hour operation the management team was young and inexperienced the hardest part was getting employees to show up for work and treating all fairly
very bustling and fast pace
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2015
a typical day at work would be me coming in at 8am and getting right to it. Usually it would start off slow and pick up around 9. Each customer would be seated with a menu and silverware and told their server was on his/her way. Once the party was finished eating I would ring up their ticket so they could pay for their meal. When the phone rung I would have to take the carry out order and place it in the computer and the customer would come pay for it. When things would slow back down management would tell me I could go home because pretty much my services were no longer needed.

The hardest part about working at dennys was the constant moving and sometimes with no break. Also, I wouldn't always get my full hours displayed on the sheet for that week. My hours depended on if business was slow or picking up.

The most enjoyable part about the job was the customers who were satisfied and always smiling. It gave me something to look forward to coming into work. The food was also pretty good and the friendships that were developed was also pretty awesome.
busy restaurant and fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: working weekends and hollidays
I waited tables. Generally got along with my coworkers. The hardest part of being a server is being up on your feet all day. I enjoyed working with people and meeting new people.
good place to start but not stay
Host-Server (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: basic skills are good enough
Cons: open 24/7
Dennys is a great start up job to start in a restaurant chain. only the basic customer service skills are required. Hardest art are the hours. the restaurant is open 24/7.
Great place
Server (Former Employee), Colonie, NYJanuary 3, 2015
The people who ran the place were friendly and helpful and the job was fun Enjoyed my time there
work a saltys
Fl Hostess/Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlJanuary 1, 2015
I was nice little place to work for the food was great their and the people who worked their was also great.
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Gallup, NMDecember 29, 2014
Pros: meal plan, breaks, and socializing
Cons: management
Working at Denny's for the short period of time was fun, I enjoyed socializing with new people and my co workers were all so fun and had so much potential. My time there was short due to the managing. The toughest part about being a server was the rush we would get but overall I got work experience I needed.
Not so great
Server (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYDecember 22, 2014
I did not enjoy much of my time at Denny's. This being the reason why I left. Due to an unreasonable general manager I was not able to keep a job there and play soccer in college or even go to college for that matter. The day I quit I was demanded to come into work or I would be fired when I had classes all day long, they had my schedule and knew when I had class.
Dennys
Server (Current Employee), Boiling Springs, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: more tables
Cons: no benifits not alot of guests
some days are really slow they got new managers who changed alot of things, i learned that working as a team is the best way to go, the managers there aint that good but its something i deal with, some of the co workers or lazy and some are team players, the hardest part of the job is sitting there hoping you get people to come in because thats how you make your money, the best time on the job is having tables and being able to talk and listen and share stories everybody is laughing and its a great time.
Denny's was a stressful job, but at least it was never boring.
Server (Former Employee), Mount Jackson, VADecember 18, 2014
Pros: gained a lot of experience, made a lot of great friends, got to meet new people everyday
Cons: unprofessional amount of workers
A typical day at Denny’s was by no means boring. It wasn’t uncommon that we would be frighteningly understaffed for weeks on end; the restaurant only had two managers running the place anyway. Days were challenging as a server trying to keep up with all the tables. Ordinary in restaurants servers are assigned a section of tables that they will be responsible for, however we didn’t do that much. Whenever we saw a table we would always try our best to take it, just to make sure everyone was getting waited on. Sadly, sometimes we just couldn’t keep up and there were people who never got served. It wasn’t uncommon for a server to take care of twelve tables all at once, and this can be very overwhelming. I’ve heard from severs of other restaurants that they usually take care of about four tables at once, meaning this job was a bit more stressful than other others. Servers weren’t the only ones under pressure either; the poor kitchen was full of new, inexperienced cooks and was still understaffed too. Whenever it got like this it became obvious that the food was going to come out slow. The kitchen would frequently push food out after 50 minutes to an hour and a half. There was also this rule that we weren’t allowed to have people wait unless every table was occupied. These days became so intense; however they taught me so much. They made me into a better server and taught me how to manage my time in the most effective way possible. My co-workers at Denny's became a large part of my life when I started this job. I would spend around 50 hours a week working and this gave me a significant – more... amount of my time with them. I had gained strong relationships with everyone and we all loved working with one another. We were always able to maintain professional relationships with one another too; keeping Denny's a positive environment to work in. My managers worked really hard in trying to improve conditions at Denny’s, however there were only two of them. They needed help and knew it. However, the district manager never found anyone for the spot. My favorite part of working at this restaurant was having the opportunity to get to meet new people daily while waiting on tables. I enjoyed getting to know their unique stories, especially ones who were just traveling through the area. My least favorite thing about this job was how understaffed we were. We didn’t even have enough dishwashers and this is a 24 hour restaurant. – less
Productive and excellent work environment
Server and Cashier (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 18, 2014
Pros: kids eat free, honord birthdays
A friendly environment. The management is understanding and patient. I learned about team-work, we were appreciated as employees.
a fun place to work
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: good place to work
it was a fun work place. every body got alone and worked together.to give the people an good place to eat .all the people I worked with we all spend time together after working hours. the manager is a real good guy. he will work just as hard as every body else

Dennys Salaries