Dennys Employee Reviews

wonderful work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 26, 2015
This position was amazing. All of the staff worked as team players and was willing to teach and help other staff members.
It was a great temporary job
Server (Former Employee), New Caney, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: half off food
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare.
Management wasn't as organized as expected, work hours were long, most of time I worked through my breaks, they've gotten new management since though.
energectic place to work
Server (Former Employee), Warrenton, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: too far from my home
loved the coworkers and management,its was a very enjoyable job because you got to meet a lot of different customers. great customer service.
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHApril 21, 2015
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: some mean cashiers
i loved working at Denny . it was a funny environment and i wish it was more then just a part time job. The manger was awesome and the food is great there. i recommenced it for a lot of people to work there.
Productive and fun place to work.
Resturaunt Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good food
First thing I would do when I would get to work is my alley ralley (making sure the servers were all on the same page and set goals for them for the night.) Checked all clock dots etc.
Excellent coworkers, Parttime Managers
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Lake Park, GAApril 15, 2015
A very fulfilling company to work for. Training provided was excellent for someone who had never been in the restaurant business. There was a period of time that the management at the one I worked at lacked good management.
good ploace to work and great people
cook and prep person (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: not enough hours
pretty laid back and the co-workers all helped each other learned to flip an egg and the work was never hard but more fun when busy
fun clean environment
Server (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2015
I like working here. its a great first job for me. Its clean and the people are very nice too. my managers are awesome also. They've taught me so much.
upbeat and fast pace.Wonderful customers
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: unbeat fast pace
Cons: healthcare and cutting hours
It was a great work experience. A fun and fast pace environment ,the management was fair in all aspects. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the customers whether it be a happy one or indifferent one.
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee), everettMarch 25, 2015
This was a great first job. I enjoyed getting to know the "regulars". They also provide a free lunch or dinner when you are on shift so for a sixteen year old this was a nice perk.
fun to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: nice staff
Cons: no room for advancement
a nice place to work and nice people i worked with when i was there the staff was always helpful to one another and helped eachother
Fun place to work at.
Cook (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: not a supporting job
Everyone that works there are pretty cool to get along with. Gets pretty busy on the weekends. There is nothing really hard about the job except getting tickets done in a timely manner when slammed with business. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do prep for the main cook line knowing that they will have what they need even if they don't remember.
not a great place
Waiter and Cashier (Former Employee), Sayre, OKMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no room for management
Dennys had no future for me worked there to get by till i could find an oil field job. the management did not care about u treated you like u were nothing
fun place to work
Server (Current Employee), Sylvania, OHMarch 18, 2015
working at dennys is a great experience for me. ive been here since they have opened. I will be working here a long time.Very nice staff at this store
Food at it's best
service assistant (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed working at denny's. The typical day was busy and we had a lot of fun working amongst each other. Management was always on the level with us. The hardest part of the job was taking out the garbage. The people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Decent place to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHFebruary 18, 2015
Late night shift was from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
I learn customer service skills
management was acceptable
Hardest part of the job was handling all the food.
pros:POSSIBLE good tip days cons:management lack of professionalism
Server and Hostess (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 16, 2015
I have been working here for about 2 years now and it has gotten progressively worse. Managers often mistreat employees, very stressful work load which is unfathomable because it is dennys, and the employee morale is close to none. There is no team aspect here. One pro I do have is being able to interact with countless individuals daily which I do enjoy.
Productive work place
Hostess/Cashier/Busser (Former Employee), New Smyrna Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Absolutely an amazing company to work for! Management is nice they understand problems and help work them out with you. Co-workers are easy to get along with and are enjoyable to work with.
Consistent pay.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Monroe, MIFebruary 5, 2015
My job at dennys would start at 11:00pm till 8:00am I would come in check the cooks line make sure it was stocked and cleaned. Make sure the temperature chart was filled out correctly and then prepare the soups for the morning. On the down time I would prep food for the next day and make sure all the food was dated correctly. Usually we would be pretty busy the whole night and then we would get a few rushes during the night until my shift ends. The hardest part of the job had to be the rushes on a good Friday night around 2 we would fill the house and still have multiple parties waiting. The easiest part of the job was the down time while I had no orders to fill to prep food. The people for the most part were friendly until the rushes a lot of servers succumbed to the pressure and tempers ran high.
like it
cook (Former Employee), oneonta nyJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: short breaks
if I didn't movie I would continue to work the the staff where good and the job was fun