Denso Manufacturing Employee Reviews

It depends on which plant you are in!!
Production Group Leader (Current Employee), Maryville, TNJuly 8, 2015
Pros: If you don't have a life outside of work, you'll like the money.
Cons: Management are bullies, AR is spineless, they treat their "most valuable asset" like dirt.
Each plant is like it's own company. They are nothing alike. In one you have to beg for overtime, in the other you only get every other Sunday off. A lot has changed during my tenure there. They try to appear to be a "family company" by sponsoring events, etc. but they work their people in the ground, including Holidays (most recently, Fathers Day and 4th of July).
The pay is good...
Team Leader (Former Employee), DMMI MichiganJune 8, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: non existent work life balance
Don't like your family?
Don't care about any type of off time to speak of other than to sleep, eat and shower?
Willing to work every Saturday and most Sundays?

If you answered yes, this company is for you. While they preach "work life balance" to an almost sickening level, they appear that they could care less about it unless you are an engineer, office worker or upper management. They will toot their own horn about getting overtime down, only to bring more lines in and put you right back at the insane level they just had.
Great benifits, job security, and plenty of chances for advancement.
Production Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Athens, TNMay 7, 2015
Pros: voucher for shoes. bonuses. PTO
Cons: 30 min. lunch
There are no hard jobs at this factory. Some positions offer more mental stimulus than others. There is more over-time than some would like but I really enjoy working for this company. We get a raise periodically till you top out in your position with plenty of opportunities to advance, and bonuses twice a year. They match a certain percent of your 401k plan and offer paid holidays and vacation time. They also offer incentives for healthy living. By participating in their healthy horizons activities you receive a discount on your health insurance and incentives for completing each activity. Sometimes it's an extra $50 on your next paycheck or maybe a prize. They also offer scholarships for employees that want to take classes that can be used to further their career.
Productive place to work with opportunities for advancement if desired
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Maryville, TNApril 14, 2015
The experience I had with Denso Manufacturing was wonderful in most aspects. It was challenging, but fun, and I was blessed to have a wonderful chain of command. I learned responsibility for my own work, and that I can work in both team as well as individual environments.
Different
Production Associate (Former Employee), Mayville,TNApril 10, 2015
Interesting place to work for since it comes down to what section your in on how the job is. Overall the company is good but part of your success in the company is all about who you know. I enjoyed working in QA but was miserable working the line under a 25yr old who had connections with management. He made it a bad experience since he let his personal hate for military decide how he treated his veterans. If you were a woman he would offer you bonuses and incentives on his line making it even worse.
very cut and dry work environment, pay and hours
Team Member/Assembler of oil coolers (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: steady paychecks, no surprises at the end of the week.
Cons: pretty much listed in my review.
not my first or recommended choice. long hours of standing in one spot, feet hurt often, boring repetition repetition repetition work, low salary for the work i felt i endured.
Autoparts manufacturing
Production (Former Employee), Maryville, TNApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good pay and beneifts
Cons: Unreliable schedule; Your days off may not be days off.
Non-sitting, repetitive environment. Extensive physical activity. Required overtime on extremely short notice. Running joke is that DENSO stands for 'Don't Expect Next Saturday Off'.
Productive Environment
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 5, 2015
Pros: full gym, medical benefits
Excellent place to work. Lots of good experience. Various shifts available. They offer great medical, dental, and vision benefits.
good pay, fairly clean work environment
Process Expert (Current Employee), Maryville, TNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good teamwork with co-workers
Cons: too much weekend work
I am on a line that is on a 10 hour work schedule due to having only a 1st and 3rd shift. Classes used to be offered to all associates in the past, but only a select few get the opportunity to attend the classes. There is too many people in management positions. Communication suffers because of this. The demand for products is very high so it is very hard to maintain a consistent number to meet these demands. I have the opportunity to work with a great crew, this would be the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great place with oppertunities for advancment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Many options for different jobs and opportunities for advancement are abundantly available. Doesn't Everyone Need Some Overtime. Expect it. They are a growing company.
Job Functions
Operator Toyota Potting (Former Employee), Athens,TNJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: life robbing, & no proper management!
I was required to keep daily records of progress before, during and after shift and if any maintenance was required that potting operators could not fix themselves. I changed, built, and disassembled large and small measuring pumps, heated hoses, short hose, ball valves, nozzle’s, & clear line. I did tank changes every 2 1/2hrs for a de-foaming process if the resin or hardener needed to be changed that supplied those tanks I had to manually change them, I inspected parts as they come through any time I started up from a shutdown, If any problems arised that my wiper noticed I had to troubleshoot and fix the problem or bad parts would be made. I have trained several wipers and was responsible for relieving for breaks/lunch etc. while still running the line. Anytime the line had a problem from the front stock thru the preheater in the line that epoxy was put into the parts, to the depiler where they were loaded in stacks of 4 pallets and put into the curing oven thru the rear stock into another depiler to be sent out to final inspection I was in charge of dealing with. When no parts were present I had to load dummy pallets and run for 45 mins at a time to keep material moving. If coil assembly was down and I had parts on pallets I had to manually load into the rear stock in stacks of 2. I had to do manual level checks if material was running low and had to troubleshoot to find the problem. I have had to flush the entire machine out during the holidays. I also had to be certified for confined space entry.
Good overall
Advanced Specialist (Current Employee), Athens, TNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: nice bonuses if you get a good review, good pay and benefits
Cons: work/life balance
Good, stable place to work. Expect long hours and frequent deadlines. There is always something exciting happening. Lots of growth is taking place, which should mean more opportunities if you are one of the lucky ones. It is often more about who you are buddies with than the value you actually bring to the company.
productive fast pace enviorment
Manual Machinist (Current Employee), maryvile ,TennesseeNovember 10, 2014
Pros: i have a grate boss, and i get alot of over time hours
Cons: hard to get a normal shift
My work day starts everyday at 5:00 and ends at 3:30. I operate manual mills, lathes CNC grinders and cylinder grinders
Great experience
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Athens, TNOctober 27, 2014
Denso is a strong and exciting place to work. The people really understand and value the true definition of team work. I have enjoyed every minute of working for this company. The only downfall of this place is you are expected to work long and late hours, weekdays and weekends and can be sent off to another city, state or even country on whim. If you can get past that, this will be one of the best companies you'll have ever worked for.
good place
On staff (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIOctober 15, 2014
very good place to work here in kalamazoo very frenily staff
great job
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2014
Assembly Line Operator/Quality Inspector/Offline Leader/Parts Picker
Involved in the launching of a new HVAC assembly line to warrant efficiency and smooth production
Assisted in training new employees on various complex processes
Aided as an off line relief for other team members at all times during scheduled shift
horrible management and environment
former production worker (Former Employee), Maryville TNAugust 29, 2014
Cons: everything
Worked there for 2 years. If you have half a brain and try to do your job right you get in trouble. Boss had his favorites and they could do no wrong. Others had to pick up the slack for the lazy/slow workers for same lousy pay. Too much overtime. Forget a home life. It's all about work. Most horrible place to work.
Great Experience
Journeyman Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 13, 2014
Pros: the work environment.
I got a lot of training in the injection molding and stamping industry.
Great place to work with excellent benefits.
production associate (Former Employee), Athens, TNJuly 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits package
I learned the importance of listening to people. That is how you gain knowledge.

I loved the both the job and the people there.

Training new hires was the most enjoyable part of the job for me.
Secure Place to work
Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Athens, TNJune 29, 2014
There is a special culture at Denso that values consensus and continuous improvement. This translates into a company that values employees loyalty. I like that it's a stable job, I have confidence DMAT will give me every chance to succeed even if a bad decision is made. Even during hard economic times the company will make every other alternative cut they can before considering laying their employees off.