Denso Manufacturing

Denso Manufacturing Employer Reviews

fast paced
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJanuary 12, 2013
fast paced work
supervisor on the floor in each cell
most enjoyable part of the job was once the orders where filled got to go home early 2-4 hrs
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Measuring Lab/ Inspection (Former Employee), Athens, TNJanuary 10, 2013
Worked in a team environment to insure the quality of our product in a timely manner. Friendly and helpful coworkers.
Getting Hired in was the BIGGEST mistake of my life thus far!
Production associate (Current Employee), michiganNovember 13, 2012
Pros: overtime if you enjoy it
Cons: horrible managment, miserable working conditions, company is going downhill.
I have worked at Denso for two years. I have been a 'hired in" associate for over a year. Staying at Denso is the biggest mistake I have ever made. I was treated horribly as a temporary. (which they all are) The area I work in is NOTORIOUS for training temps on one or two stations and keeping them at those stations day in and day out.. Until they either – more... quit or get hired. I was at the same station for 3 months straight.I literally BEGGED to be trained somewhere else, then eventually, had my employment agency transfer me to another department. Getting hired into Denso means completely kissing your life GOODBYE. New hires are forced to stay on 2nd shift for up to 7 years. The overtime makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do much of anything else. (Ive dropped out of school twice). You can count on 10-12 hour days during the week and usually at least two weekends a month, (usually more.) You can also count on NEVER being told what you will be working until you actually work it. Denso is very VAGUE on all answers to any questions. In fact, they haven't updated their employee handbook since 2007! But they have changed multiple policies since then. They claim it is available on the company website, but it is not. They recently lowered their new starting wage rate to 13$ an hour. That was really the ONLY good thing Denso had going for them, was the pay. There is NO WAY I would stay at this company for 13$. The working conditions are dirty and completely miserable, especially in the summer. People passing out from heat exhaustion is a Daily thing in July-August. Management is a joke. Promotions are not given equally, and often times, people with no experience are promoted and turn out to be worthless team and sub leaders. Management is also not held accountable for treating their employees with respect and acting professional. They also now require that you use 5 of your 10 vacation days (new hires receive 10, veterans of denso receive more) during their July shutdown periods. BUT, you cant plan ahead with those because as usual, the answers of what and when each line is shutting down is of course VAGUE. 5 vacation days will not go far with all the overtime you are REQUIRED to work. I hope anyone considering a job here thinks about this post and asks more questions. I wish I knew what I was in for at this company. I have been looking for a new job for months (fingers crossed) . If you are willing to have no life at all and love overtime this is the place for you. If you have dreams or goals of doing ANYTHING ELSE with your life then please do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM DENSO!!! – less
I Retired at early age that was fun.
Molding machine Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 11, 2012
I learned team building, quality circles, stocking shelfs, and ordering parts.Math skills, an it also payed for my house and cars . All payed off very great full. The hardest part is to much over time no time at home with family. enjoyable part is the people you meet become good friends.
kiss your life goodbye
production (Current Employee), athens, tnOctober 1, 2012
Pros: it's a job
Cons: liars
I work 7 days a week. I have management who have never been in production before and no concept of our process. I am thankful for a job and 7 days is better than 3 and 4 but it sure gets old. The managers tell people in interviews that there is some overtime and then they get out on the floor and find out to the truth. If you interview be sure to find – more... out if someone works in the area you interview for and know the truth – less
Very fast paced and fun place to work
Entry Level Production associate (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2012
Very fast paced, I have learned all the different defects of the evaporators. My team leader is very knowledgeable of the area. My co-workers were very helpful as I was learning the machines. I like running production however I think with all the management skills and experience I have my talents are being wasted. I really enjoy the people I work with.
Productive/professional
Manufacturing associate/Off-line (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 29, 2012
Pros: the room for advancement
Denso to me is a very professional place to work. 8 like how there is a lot of room and oppurtunity for advancement. I work side by side with my management and I like how even one person has chances to make a differance out there and really secure your place at DENSO if you really want to.
clean,loud,hot in my dept molding
production associate and group leader for 4yrs (Former Employee), Maryville,TnAugust 10, 2012
Pros: hourly pay, paid holidays, overtime
Cons: health plan, repetive
Great place to work before economy fell. Automotive sales good then job good.Automotive sales bad then job bad
Overview
Calibration Technician (Former Employee), Athens, TNJuly 22, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: hazardous
Interesting worked. Loved the job, challenging. pay scale was above average.
Family and Friends and open commuincation
Sub-Leader (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 12, 2012
Pros: oportunitiy to grow.
Cons: n/a
People nice and commuincation and caring of others. Enjoyed the quality of work that was proformed and expected of each empolyee.
Great corporate environment with great organization
Associate Relations (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJuly 8, 2012
The job was terrific, the internship could have lead to a job if I wouldn't have moved back to Georgia after graduation.
Hard work, long days, fast paced, unprofessional
Entry-level Associate (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJune 28, 2012
Pros: pay check
Cons: everything, unsafe
Some of my co-workers were good, others were not. Management was a joke and never followed regulations. Nothing was enjoyable about the job other than the paycheck. A typical day at work, you expected ten hours and something to break down. Management enforced speed over safety and quality.
Ive been working there over a year and its been nothing but a headache.
robot (Current Employee), hopkinsville,kyJune 26, 2012
Pros: easy money and cooler environment than most plants, no top out
Cons: short breaks, no raises
supervisors follow you the restroom. Last year associates suffered because all available fans where put on the machines to keep them cool, and raises are not guaranteed.
I liked my job, wish I could have stayed.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Alcoa, TNJune 25, 2012
Pros: i made good money, the insurance was paid for, the environment was cool for the most part
Cons: it was hard to get along with some of the people there due to power trips, it took atleast a year to move to another line or department
I liked my job. It was fast paced and I got to help other departments after we met our deadline. I learned how to solder parts and repair them. I learned how important an inspectors job is in the manufacturing field.
Great place for new engineers
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Maryville, TNJune 15, 2012
Pros: stable employment, flexible schedule
Cons: salary below average
Great place to work for new engineers, advancement opportunities exist but expect 8-10 yrs before getting into management.

Flexible schedule is a plus

Automotive company so frequent shifts in business conditions but overall stable employment
Typical day at Denso
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creeek, MIJune 12, 2012
Pros: really good health benefits
Cons: to much overtime
A typical for me at work is producing high quality parts with efficiency, I've learned how to operate machinery such as injection molding machines and overhead cranes as well as robotics. My co-workers were outstanding, they would listen instead of argue with me and that made the day go by easier, I would have to say the hardest part of the day would – more... be at the end of the shift because there was alot of cleaning that had to be done and machines to get shut down and to do tpm's on the machines. My most enjoyable part of the day is troubleshooting machines because I like to fix problems. – less
Too much overtime. Unfriendly faces.
Maintenance Electrician. (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MI.June 7, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits.
Cons: micro-managed and stagnant.
To be fair, I didn't complete the initial 90 probationary period. From very early on I knew it wasn't a good fit for me and kept my job search going.

The department I was in (Maintenance) was under- staffed and overwhelmed - as were many production lines. While there I worked 10 hour shifts and every other weekend. This is the norm. Most of the repairs – more... are "meatball surgery"- patch 'em up and run 'em. My co-workers, for the most part, were jaded and not overly helpful. Most people wouldn't even acknowledge a "good morning" or return my wave. It's a cold, harsh environment. Many employees have been there too many years and are burned out- and it shows. Management talks a good game, but I didn't see it translated at the floor level.

Overall, if you're looking for home / life balance- not for you. If you're anti-social and want to stack some fast cash and don't mind grinding it out 320 days a year or more, welcome to Nirvana. – less
Quality Technician (Former Employee), Athens, TNMay 21, 2012
Pros: close to home, ok working environment, benefits
Denso was a good place to work. The only reason I departed when I did was due to the economic situation 3 years ago. Things didn't look well there and they offered a lot of us a buyout and offered to pay for our schooling. I have received a degree thanks to them.
Great people and fun work as well as good benefits
Sr. Electrical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Maryville, TNMay 15, 2012
Great people and fun work as well as good benefits.
Loved the 3 12's work schedule too.
My thoughts of Denso Manufacturing Canada
Production (Current Employee), Guelph, OntarioMarch 14, 2012
Pros: free lunches, good people to work for, wage are comparible, clean, uniforms provided & benefits.
Cons: production not stable. (ups and downs)
I have worked at Denso for many years. Throughout that time I have seen alot of highs and lows. Denso has given me alot of learning opportunities early on in my years. With the economy that way it has been it's been very difficult this last 2-3 years. Automotive is unpredictable. In all they try their best for the associates

About Denso Manufacturing

DMMI strives to provide optimum purchased value, quality and performance in our product lines. To meet our objectives, we select – Read more