Denso Manufacturing

Denso Manufacturing Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Laborer (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIDecember 9, 2013
Pros: full cafetiere
Cons: rude people
people were easy to get along with, did whatever need to be done. management was okay, hardest part was working with flux. the rotations
Safety and Quality first.
Quality control inspector (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 26, 2013
Pros: gym, benefits, management, pay, training.
I work at Denso on a faced paced assembly line. I check parts using steps to make sure there are no defects on the products. Everyone treats everyone as an equal.
Methodical.
PROCESS ENGINEER (Former Employee), Athens, TNNovember 20, 2013
Design and evaluate process flow diagrams, floor plan layouts, pre-launch control plans, measurement system analysis plans, and preliminary process capability studies to ensure customer expectations and requirements are carefully incorporated into the manufacturing process.
Best company to work for
Press Operator (Former Employee), Maryville, TNOctober 20, 2013
Pros: great japanese company
The best company to work for, never should of left, this company is the kind of company that everyone should retire from, they have what is going on!
A Japanese power house factory
Assembly/Production Associate (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 5, 2013
Very modern manufacturing plant with an emphasis on quality first. Based out of Japan, the way of working and accomplishing goals is very different than any other factory I've ever worked at.
Good Money and Benefits but Hard on Home Life
Production Associate (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free health and dental benefits
Cons: unable to make plans for the weekend because you may have mandatory overtime
Built car parts. Overtime is required and can often mean that you will work 7 days per week/10 hours per day for months on end. Great job for a single person, but much harder on someone who has a family. Christmas bonuses are nice.
productive
Part Assembler/Forklift Driver/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, ARJuly 24, 2013
overall a great place to work. The people were great and i learned about hvac
Fast paced, quality driven and environmental friendly.
Production Team Leader (Current Employee), Athens, TNMay 29, 2013
Responsible for the training, evaluation, safety and mentoring of 16
associates in a production team environment. Conduct the daily operations of ensuring quality products are produced in a highly efficient manner and that meet the company and departmental targets and goals. I work with other members of the team management to crosswalk ideas and share – more... resources to enhance our capabilities to produce the best product for our customer at the most cost efficient method without compromising quality. The hardest and the best part of the job is interacting with all levels of the team to produce our product. – less
Horrible place to work. Barely better than being unemployed. Good ole boy promotion/raises. Management always spins everything. been this way 20 years
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Maryville, TNMay 15, 2013
Pros: its a job.
Cons: everything
Supervisor starts out by asking why all the daily projects are not complete in the first hour of the day. Forget about checking for hot issues on email from previous shifts. That just get condescending remarks. Most the time that you should know that the emails state before reading them. So, go to the production line and communicate with the production – more... management, trouble shooters, team leaders. This only irritates your management more, with more condescending remarks. Seems the American management feels the need to impress the japanese by being very difficult to work with. My time there I documented millions of dollars of waste just so some managers didn't look bad for not taking care of issues years before.
Only very few co workers were trustworthy to follow procedures. Most considered quality the least of the worry. Getting as many productions numbers as possible, any way possible was the status quo. If anyone went against the status quo, they were quickly redirectd to other projects.
Hardest part of the job was watching bad product get shipped with no management caring. Constant sort/reworks which were only partially effective. Some had to be done several times and still shipped bad parts. Management always finding ways to decrease benefits.
Money was ok. Leaving was the best part. – less
productive, strict, long bording days
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 14, 2013
show up to work at 5 am get our daily assements go to our mechince that we had to work at for that day. Management was not that great, I thought that they were lazy at manging the team. my co-workers were great to be around helpful, postive. the hardest part of the job was the 10 hours aday on yuour feet in a hot factory. the most enjoyable part of – more... trhe day was leaving that place. – less
Secure job with chances for advancement
Machine Repairman (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIApril 23, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons: high overtime expectations
Typical 3 shift arrangement with opportunities for daily and weekend overtime. Shift meetings at the beginning and end of shifts to transfer necessary information to the oncoming crew. Typical day spent answering machine down calls, or in absence of down machines, perform any available preventative maintenance.
It was a different and fun kind of atmoshere
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: the people were great
Cons: long hours
The hours were long,but it was good.The people were nice to me. I really learned alot
fast paced
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJanuary 12, 2013
fast paced work
supervisor on the floor in each cell
most enjoyable part of the job was once the orders where filled got to go home early 2-4 hrs
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Measuring Lab/ Inspection (Former Employee), Athens, TNJanuary 10, 2013
Worked in a team environment to insure the quality of our product in a timely manner. Friendly and helpful coworkers.
Getting Hired in was the BIGGEST mistake of my life thus far!
Production associate (Current Employee), michiganNovember 13, 2012
Pros: overtime if you enjoy it
Cons: horrible managment, miserable working conditions, company is going downhill.
I have worked at Denso for two years. I have been a 'hired in" associate for over a year. Staying at Denso is the biggest mistake I have ever made. I was treated horribly as a temporary. (which they all are) The area I work in is NOTORIOUS for training temps on one or two stations and keeping them at those stations day in and day out.. Until they either – more... quit or get hired. I was at the same station for 3 months straight.I literally BEGGED to be trained somewhere else, then eventually, had my employment agency transfer me to another department. Getting hired into Denso means completely kissing your life GOODBYE. New hires are forced to stay on 2nd shift for up to 7 years. The overtime makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do much of anything else. (Ive dropped out of school twice). You can count on 10-12 hour days during the week and usually at least two weekends a month, (usually more.) You can also count on NEVER being told what you will be working until you actually work it. Denso is very VAGUE on all answers to any questions. In fact, they haven't updated their employee handbook since 2007! But they have changed multiple policies since then. They claim it is available on the company website, but it is not. They recently lowered their new starting wage rate to 13$ an hour. That was really the ONLY good thing Denso had going for them, was the pay. There is NO WAY I would stay at this company for 13$. The working conditions are dirty and completely miserable, especially in the summer. People passing out from heat exhaustion is a Daily thing in July-August. Management is a joke. Promotions are not given equally, and often times, people with no experience are promoted and turn out to be worthless team and sub leaders. Management is also not held accountable for treating their employees with respect and acting professional. They also now require that you use 5 of your 10 vacation days (new hires receive 10, veterans of denso receive more) during their July shutdown periods. BUT, you cant plan ahead with those because as usual, the answers of what and when each line is shutting down is of course VAGUE. 5 vacation days will not go far with all the overtime you are REQUIRED to work. I hope anyone considering a job here thinks about this post and asks more questions. I wish I knew what I was in for at this company. I have been looking for a new job for months (fingers crossed) . If you are willing to have no life at all and love overtime this is the place for you. If you have dreams or goals of doing ANYTHING ELSE with your life then please do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY FROM DENSO!!! – less
I Retired at early age that was fun.
Molding machine Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MINovember 11, 2012
I learned team building, quality circles, stocking shelfs, and ordering parts.Math skills, an it also payed for my house and cars . All payed off very great full. The hardest part is to much over time no time at home with family. enjoyable part is the people you meet become good friends.
kiss your life goodbye
production (Current Employee), athens, tnOctober 1, 2012
Pros: it's a job
Cons: liars
I work 7 days a week. I have management who have never been in production before and no concept of our process. I am thankful for a job and 7 days is better than 3 and 4 but it sure gets old. The managers tell people in interviews that there is some overtime and then they get out on the floor and find out to the truth. If you interview be sure to find – more... out if someone works in the area you interview for and know the truth – less
Very fast paced and fun place to work
Entry Level Production associate (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2012
Very fast paced, I have learned all the different defects of the evaporators. My team leader is very knowledgeable of the area. My co-workers were very helpful as I was learning the machines. I like running production however I think with all the management skills and experience I have my talents are being wasted. I really enjoy the people I work with.
Productive/professional
Manufacturing associate/Off-line (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIAugust 29, 2012
Pros: the room for advancement
Denso to me is a very professional place to work. 8 like how there is a lot of room and oppurtunity for advancement. I work side by side with my management and I like how even one person has chances to make a differance out there and really secure your place at DENSO if you really want to.
clean,loud,hot in my dept molding
production associate and group leader for 4yrs (Former Employee), Maryville,TnAugust 10, 2012
Pros: hourly pay, paid holidays, overtime
Cons: health plan, repetive
Great place to work before economy fell. Automotive sales good then job good.Automotive sales bad then job bad

About Denso Manufacturing

DMMI strives to provide optimum purchased value, quality and performance in our product lines. To meet our objectives, we select – Read more