Denso Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Water Spider (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNFebruary 6, 2017
Most of the people you'll work with at denso are friendly and social

Sometimes when problems arise everyone is looking for a fall guy

Team leaders typically look out for their own people when there is a problem between departments

Usually talk about problems with their team to resolve issues
Average place to work
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Job stability, salary, and benefits are all nice. However, advancement within the company is very difficult and the work/life balance, job satisfaction, and company culture are all negative.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Warehouse Team Leader (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work, was time sensitive working environment. Always timeframes and deadlines to meet department demands.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
Job security
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 29, 2017
Work is easy but the repetitiveness is very hard on the body. If you get in with the right management it makes your job that much better. Pay is decent for a single person unless you pick up a lot of overtime hours.
Productive and reliable.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Good place to work, always able to work good hours and overtime. Good for a career or a stepping stone in life. Number of different jobs and positions to apply to so your able to find something that fits what you can do.
Pros
Decent breaks, nice uniforms.
Cons
Horrible parking
Was a face paced work place were running was ok
Parts Picker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJanuary 25, 2017
Denis wasn't a great place for me I worked well so they took advantage of that and had me doing all the partspick by myself on a line and there supposed to be 2 partspickers per line .
Pros
If you like to be on your feet this for you
Cons
Short breaks no smoking on property
No advancement, poor work-life balance, micromanagement
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denso International AmericasJanuary 23, 2017
Terrible place if you are not an a** kisser. No advancement, succession management. Claim to have work from home, but have to report minute by minute activity. Manager and senior manager were total micromanagers
Pros
Good pay, average benefits
Cons
Lack of direction, too many make-work activities
I worked seven days a week
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJanuary 22, 2017
it was great money but it is a very hostile environment everyones after your job and will stab you in the back if they get the chance
they dont care if youve had a flat tire or got caught in a wreck and was a few minutes late
Denso
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJanuary 19, 2017
Denso is a major worldwide corporation. It is a very serious company that builds quality parts for almost every auto manufacturer around the globe. My day started at 3am, leaving the house by 4am and starting on the job from 5am til 3:30pm. It was the cleanest, most modern manufacturing facility ive ever been employed with. Management was kind, but very very distant. Gave off the impression that because they had an office upstairs and a 9-5 schedule, that they were better than the common man and that everyone and everything was a waste of their time.However, Japanese management from overseas were extremely kind and engaging. They made you feel proud. My coworkers were decent people, but only had the goal of living paycheck to paycheck. Not much "go get it" attitude. This was a very fast paced job, to the point of worker exhaustion and quality issues.
Pros
I had my own work station
Cons
Extreame fast paced enviroment.
Good place to work.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work I just never received time off unless I used vacation days. Would suggest this to friends and family. Requires you to spend your life at work.
Benefits
Cons
60+ hour weeks and 7 day weeks
Not for me
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJanuary 13, 2017
If you enjoy getting lied to week after week then Denso is the place for you. 1st shift management have more mood swings than a 14 year old girl. The pay is subpar compared what your responsibilities are...
They treat most employees horribly.....I give it 2 thumbs down
Pros
People you work with are great
Cons
Low pay ..work everyday....family..life...balance..JOKE!
A "starter" company.
Quality Sub Leader (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 11, 2017
Prepare to work long hours at a pay rate lower than most surrounding factories. Health benefits are excellent, however, and the environment was very clean and quiet.
denso is a productive workplace
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 8, 2017
I think denso is a good place to work to get the experience in the manufacturing. I learned how to quality inspect. my job was to make sure there were no bad parts being passed on to the customers.
Pros
good food in the cafeteria
Cons
accidents defintiley needs to be repoted asap.
Very Individualized
Sales Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 3, 2017
No one really looks over your shoulder but at the same time you constantly are working with people who will know id you do not get your work finished.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not a lot of personal interation
temp
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 31, 2016
too many temp workers, getting hired is difficult. typical warehouse work, loading unloading trucks, restocking shelves, picking orders.
the employees are awsome I really enjoied the people i worked with
Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 29, 2016
the sub leaders were good but most of there team leaders are from outside the plant and have no clue what they are doing and there AR department sucks, they all had bad attitudes and were unwilling to help there associates and acted like they didn't like there job and being in the department I was chose for there is no personal life you worked 7 day a week
typical factory-- not for everyone
Line worker in Fan Molding (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 22, 2016
discussing DENSO Manufacturing as far as benefits, insurance, holiday pay etc. it was fabulous however the work environment was not. i worked 6-7 days a week 10-12 hour days, and second shift. it was hard to balance out my regular life (which evolved into work and only work) i had no free time, it was exhausting and complaints against management (also made by the whole team) and nothing happened.
Pros
the benefits, insurance
Cons
no life outside of work, long hours, hard labor.
Forced to work long hours. Work life ratio is extremely poor
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 22, 2016
I am currently employed and wish I had never found this job. pay is fair but hours are ridiculous. I am a team leader required to work 12-14 hours per day. 7 days per week.
Pros
Cons
Long hours at medium pay rate
Great place to work and learn about inside out of lean manufacturing
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 21, 2016
Great people, great environment to work in. There is a lot to learn from Denso, every day is a new opportunity new beginning. They do have a significant amount of R&D geared towards process development and product development. Also the company is based off of its strength in manufacturing, so if you want to learn lean manufacturing Denso is the place to be at.
design of pipe support and foundation for pump.
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 14, 2016
learning lot of industrial problems and made effective solution of building facility. Design of office structural extension

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denso. Our community is ready to answer.