Denso Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent development environment
Department Manager - Denso Manufacturing Arkansas (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARApril 1, 2016
Denso is a company that lives up to the commitment it makes to its employees, customers and community. There are many opportunities to reach personal and professional goals. It is an excellent work environment to develop next-level leaders. Work life balance can be a challenge at times, but time management skills can help compensate.
Pros
Forward thinking, continuous improvement environment
Cons
In-flexible heirarchical organizational structure can be daunting
Robot Job
Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 21, 2016
I was told when i was hired into the company that we were the experts.

The problem i had with the company is that they did not care what you had to say. I had an issue with the foam Parts they were using.

The products were inconsistent to the point that they would not do what they were designed to. the management ignored my request for the product to be researched.

in the end i found other employment due to the fact that i wanted no part in a company that does not ensure properly built products.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Long hours, Rude management.
laid back place to work
Purchasing Co-op (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 6, 2016
Laid back atmosphere, co-workers are friendly, flexible work schedule,good management, good benefits and competitive pay.
Unrealistic management expectations - Horrible management style
Assistant Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 8, 2015
Japanese management style is one of pushing down goals and objectives without realistic understanding of operating conditions. They do not understand motivation of American worker and try to impose Japanese work conditions. Sets up middle managers to fail unless willing to "spin" results to make upper management look good. Therefore, reports and reality do not match. Again, leaving middle managers caught.
Pros
Good benefits (not as good as they used to be) and job security once hired (lots of temps)
Cons
Run away and never look back
Operator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 1, 2016
Denso Air Systems was an experience I will never forget. Management was mean and unsupportive. No work life balance. People would pass out from the heat inside the factory. Not to mention the pay was extremely degrading. The HR support was terrible.
Pros
Its a job
All work, no play.
Spare Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
DENSO is a way to support your family, and that is about all i can say good about it, They will work you to death i saw periods where i was getting only 1 day a month off, and in nearly two years i achieved around 1 dollar in raises, even though my supervisor really liked my work his hands were constantly tied. I did like the people i worked with, but the hours were terrible,

Dont
Expect
Saturday
Off

DENSO = Dont Expect Next Saturday Off
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terribly long hours
Management Mediocre
Senior Business Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 1, 2016
The current management (US) is attempting to transition from a low 300M company to a 1B dollar company. Although the product can take the company there, the management that exists currently can not. Their lack of self awareness leads to short sighted decisions that ultimately cripple the growth of the company. Mid tier management supply biased data to executive management so that effective decision making is not possible. Many times, mid tier management effectively makes the decision by supplying the data in such a way that only one course of action is the verdict.
Great team atmosphere, bureaucratic management
Education and Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 23, 2016
The Education and Development team were always supportive of each other and welcomed me onto their team. They encourage me to be creative, speak up and be heard. Even though I am "just an intern" they treat me as an equally valuable part of the team. However, the overall management structure is bureaucratic at best and bogs down productivity with goals and objectives that are intentionally out of reach.
Awesome benefits, outstanding job security, be prepared to work hard
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 12, 2015
People are the best thing about DENSO. Most management is good, workloads are very high, lots of nice perks, job security is great, poor office technology.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, great cafeteria, nice co-workers
Cons
You'll never be able to keep up, some mgmt in key positions not trustworthy
great place to work competitive wages as well as benifits
final assembly (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 1, 2015
worker on a assembly line for about 2 years loved the job but the management was terrible not speaking for all but some of the team leads weren't too qualified to be in that position
Pros
health benefits the on site gym and the pay
Cons
not too much care for the workers tons of desacrimination on the character of others
Lots of hours working for a disconnected management with good intentions
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 19, 2015
Many new skills and opportunities available if you apply yourself without training available. Working for management that is disconnected from what is able to be produced in realality yeilds lots of overtime covering production needs. The intentions are good, to sell a quality product to customers.
Pros
Decent benefits, many skills available to learn
Cons
Too much overtime, you will work many weekends
Will Work you to death for little compensation, Barely a Thank you for your hard work
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Battle creekDecember 27, 2015
I was a Team Leader at Denso Air Systems, My experience was not that great. I was given impossible tasks and had unreasonable deadlines. The machines were in horrible shape and would break down everyday for hours at a time causing us to barely make shipment. The associates were all disgruntled because they worked endless overtime, they hire in felons as well. The assistant managers are know it alls and will not listen to anything you have to say. They will bury you with work loads and yell at you if you become behind. The production supervisors do not know anything or understand the processes they just make demands (very aggressively). Some supervisors would have inappropriate relations with operators as well. Constant back stabbing, if you come here trust no one. The pay was very little conpared to everything I had to do. 19.45 an hour is not good enough when you have to be a technician, supervisor, trainer, auditor and qc control, tons of paperwork that literally will consume your day and they expect it to be done within 30 minutes. The only positive about the conpany is the benefits but this place does not respect their employees. There has been four Team Leaders quit within a month including me. The turnover is high and part of that is in the summer. The heat is horrible internally. This place will work you to death for little pay. If you hired in outside the company expect to work 2nd or 3rd. 2nd shift has two maintenance guys for the whole building/both department's so you are stuck trying to fix stuff you barely have experience on because you was never trained on any  more... of it. The president is a stand-up guy thats the only thing I will say is good about the business aspect of the company.  less
Pros
Benefits, Learning Time management
Cons
Pay, Culture, Aggressive Management, Old Machines, Stressful workload, Do not recognize good workers
Horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 16, 2016
DENSO's multi-million dollar industry in Battle Creek is made at the expense of hard-working individuals seeking to put their talents and dedication to work. Unfortunately, DENSO management creates an atmosphere in which these individuals are seen as a number and not an individual, and are treated as such. Although pay is good, it doesn't compensate for the maltreatment and lack of compassion that DENSO shows toward its employees. Work/life balance is nonexistent. In short, if it doesn't benefit DENSO and doesn't affect this corporation's image, it doesn't matter. Policies are put in place to defend their oppressive and, oftentimes, illegal workplace practices. These policies can be applied and misconstrued any way at any time not to protect the company, but to cover the shortcomings of their questionable practice. Complaints fall on deaf ears and are usually followed by reprimand and even loss of employment. DENSO's motto is "Safety and Quality First". Perhaps they should put their employees first because without them, there is no DENSO and no multi-million dollar industry.
Fast-paced work with people who love to help yor achieve your speed goal.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARAugust 4, 2015
A full 8 hour day at work for DENSO seemed more like just a few hours because I was always busy. However, this is something I enjoyed. I learned plenty about heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units for Toyota and Honda vehicles and how to build them. My co-workers were some of the coolest people. I loved them. When I first began working for DENSO, my co-workers worked as a team and helped to carry me when I would struggle to keep up. The hardest part of the job sometimes would be trying to avoid getting cuts and bruises from assembling large parts. I loved the races we would have against one another to see who would finish their process first. We were very competitive after we would have become pros at our individual stations.
Pros
The co-workers, benefits, and paid lunches.
Cons
The possibility of developing carpal-tunnel and/or back problems
They don't follow their own company policy's
Production Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 27, 2016
Things started great here started in molding dept in 4 months was promoted to group leader where my pay went thru the roof but management was found to be corrupt and full of the who you know system, you got by with different things if you were in the management click, this is one of the worse companies out there be very careful not to be hooked in by there wages your quality of life will change most marriages fail because you become married to DENSO beware!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many to mention
Good Place to Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 24, 2016
Denso Manufacturing is a great place to work if factory work is what your are looking for. First shift comes in at 5 in the morning and gets to leave at 1:30 if it's an 8 hour day. The lines typically run smooth but there are those frustrating days that nothing seems to go right. My biggest complaint is that the teamleaders ignore a lot of empoyee behavior and allow things to go on that other work enviorments would not stand for. Of course with it being a factory there is that high school drama factor. Management is fair and when there is a problem that is not being address by a team leader or section leader they are quick to try to comeup with a solution to the problem for you. The pair is extremely fair and the benefits make up for whatever little bit that salary doesnt take care of. The hardest thing to deal with is standing on your feet for such a long time in one place. There have been many days that I wanted to just walk around and stretch my legs out. But working with people that have become like a second family and are a lot of fun to work with.
Pros
free luces, 2 week christmas break, uniforms supplied
Cons
long hours, demanding production, short breaks
Good job with good benefits
Sr. Maintenance associate (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNAugust 28, 2015
Highly automated facility, good mesh of cultures between the far East and here. Poor job advancement opportunities and almost zero days off unless you schedule a vacation day months in advance. Overtime is poorly managed.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
No days off
The pay is good...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  DMMI MichiganJune 8, 2015
Don't like your family?
Don't care about any type of off time to speak of other than to sleep, eat and shower?
Willing to work every Saturday and most Sundays?

If you answered yes, this company is for you. While they preach "work life balance" to an almost sickening level, they appear that they could care less about it unless you are an engineer, office worker or upper management. They will toot their own horn about getting overtime down, only to bring more lines in and put you right back at the insane level they just had.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
non existent work life balance
Hours, hours, and more hours.
Spark Plug Inspector (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNMarch 6, 2016
A typical day at DENSO is long. You work anywhere from 8-12 hours a day. Most of the time, they don't give you a notice on how many hours you're working until the day of. The coworkers are fine. The management could use a little work.
not realy a fun place
factory worker (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 28, 2016
a typical day at work would be 4 different rotations on one line and being switched each rotation. the hardest part of my job was not getting anywhere by letting my sub leader know the cons of the line exp- on line 3 there is a core cutter which is located in aluminum radiators they have a rotation that people would call "the pitching mound" but all you really do is put radiators in a machine that crimps them but it would hurt my back they never switched me stations.
Pros
easy work