DENT WIZARD Employee Reviews

Not a good environment
Automotive painter (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 20, 2017
Poor kept environment bad management to high of standards for a facility that should be closed by OSHA
No bathroom in the shop no good ventilation system for where you paint at
Cons
Miami Gardens paint and body tech.
Paint Tech (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 16, 2017
Extremely high turn over, blame games, unclear commissions and lack of support. Management bias.

Parent company seems ok but local franchise not.

Many experienced hardvworking techs snubbed or belittled till they leave.

Work orders are vague and no amounts are shown. It's all not transparent enough. RO' s are not completed and extra work is always needed. Repairs and quality is poor. Mostly because of low morale.
Pros
Big facility, good co workers.
Cons
Vage commissions, poor management.
Fast working Environment
Auto Body Technician/Painter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
The hours are flexible and it is commissioned based. it has lots of incoming cars to work on everyday. It is full of great coworkers and a fun environment.
Pros
commission
Excellent Company and Growth
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 4, 2017
Dent Wizard is an excellent company to work for. They provide excellent training into whatever position you applied for. They also have awesome benefits.
Pros
Healthcare, Growth
Poor management
Wheel tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 22, 2017
Poor management. Not much work for a wheel technician. You will be working below mininium wage. Make sure you review your contract before electronically signing it online. This company has had many employees leave the company because of no work. I left my family for 3 weeks to make a better living and I was told promises that were not kept. Good luck to the next wheel tech.
Pros
Nothing really.
management is awesome
Auction Manager / Houston Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Management is awesome. Working for the Houston area is a must! If presented with the opportunity be sure to weigh your pros vs cons and you will look forward to a great opportunity and exciting new career.
Pros
great work life management
sales manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 17, 2017
upper management too far removed from real world, day to day expectations of those actually working. Day to day operations include those who actually call on dealerships, understand intricacies of the crucial relationships that allow the work to get approved and then repaired.
Pros
good benefits, good team of repair technicians and local management
Cons
upper management
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  West coastJanuary 4, 2017
Dent Wizard is a great company with which to work. If you are an independent achiever, self motivated, and hard worker you will succeed with Dent Wizard.
Pros
Freedom, good work environment, benefits
long time since worked there
Ding shield specialist (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 27, 2016
i did enjoy the company when i first started working there. i enjoyed the challanenge all the people i worked with and all the supervisors. they all spoke to you like you were human as they say. the company had a lot of cut backs and you never knew what was going to happen next
Pros
the co workers, clean work place
Cons
time cards.
Productive and fun going place and is like a second family to me.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 3, 2016
I grew up with this company with my Dad having worked 17 years for them. My coworkers are just like a 2nd family to me. My supervisors have always been friendly but have always taken charge when needed. When I first started working with Dent Wizard I had a lot to do but as time has passed I've started having less to do. The hardest part of the job is basically the fact that I've been losing job responsibilities. although I've had a hard time lately find work with
Dent Wizard I've learned that hard work can pay off. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting along with my coworkers.
Pros
Friendly people and health care and benifits
Cons
Less job responsibilities, and few hours.
Great place to work for the beginner painter
Automotive Paint Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2016
Dent Wizard is a great company for that individual that is just getting started in the automotive painting industry. A typical day involves first, locating vehicles that require work and then forwarding those cars for detailing prior to hitting the auction block.
Pros
Small work team; limited distractions
Cons
Working conditions are less than desireable; the outdoor elements hinder productivity
Good CO. to work with, fast Pace
Auto Appraiser/Estimator/Desk Review (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2016
Working at catastrophe sites helping others get their lives back in order is rewarding. Be prepared for long days. They take care of their Independent adjusters while on the road. Compensation very good while working.
Pros
Excellent pay, rewarding helping others to get their Lives back in order
Cons
Long days, short term at some sites, moving from state to state during hail season.
The company sucks
PDR Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
I worked for this company. I recommend that no one apply for this job. The company does not stand behind you you are on your own in the field at all times management sucks and if you don't hit your mark they will fire you. The two months you go to school in St.Louis Missouri you learn how to take out a dime-sized dent when you get home they throw you to the wolves and you have to learn on your own management doesn't do anything for you.
Bad Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2016
I would never work there again. They don't pay well the hours are bad and the managers are poor. If they offer you a job run for the hills.
The company took great care of the employees and family.
Lead Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOAugust 18, 2016
I typical day was great. My hours were perfect for my family. There was room to grow with the company and training provided. The hardest part of the job was the overtime but it was compensated, which allow our family to do well financially. The most enjoyable part of the the job was the training.
Pros
The benefits was awesome for our family and earned vacation time
Cons
The company had to to close the Paint Dept down which we lost our jobs.
Over all worst managers
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAJuly 26, 2016
Hanover mass was the location I worked. I was hired to do paint then they switched me to body work. Your payed on commission type salary. Witch would be nice if they had work. But we had four dealership to work with but we meaning the techs had to go out pick the cars up then fix them and deliver them to the back to the dealership. The pay sucks it's all based on percentage so as a body tech you got 63 percent of the job but out of that the painter gets 15 percent. Then you have to give 10 percent to the shop it self. Worst part is they never listened to me I've been in the auto body field for 20 plus years. It was run by to salesman. Obviously if you get body work do fast it ment possible more money but I'd have to wait for a painter to show up. There painter came from Hartford Connecticut he should up around 930 and left at 3 it just ruined any chance to make money and we where not allowed to paint even though the painter had a fixed pay.

Worst worst worst place to work

O ya did I mention the limited supplies you where given to do your job.

I can keep going but hopefully that shop gets shut down.

Hacks hacks hacks. Take a little pride in your work dent wizard
Cons
Fast paced and enjoyable place to work and learn about cars and the auction process.
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  Centerville, ILJuly 5, 2016
Day starts off clocking in and cleaning cars. I learned the proper way to detail cars and trucks. The management was easy to work with as well as the co-workers. The days were long and hot, but for the most part enjoyable.
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Hot and long hours
A great company to work for
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CT 06002May 16, 2016
I'm learning many things as I progress in the company, not only about cars but about wheels as well. The management is great even with new changes.
Good work environment
Master Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 14, 2016
The best part is to have completed all task with satisfaction . continued education was provided.Relied on by staff members and management to do a respectable jobs.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No cafeteria
Not a great place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Not a fan of Dent Wizard poor managers.Training is really poor they have no training program at all. When I was there if was like no one cared about the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DENT WIZARD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9