Dental Associates Employee Reviews

Overall the Management sucked!!!!!
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 20, 2016
After the founder died it pretty much went down hill and stopped being about family which is what he stood for. Now it's about the almighty dollar. The staff is very friendly however some Doctors have a God complex which is only Fostered by upper management.
Pros
The people! There are a lot of really great people that work for the company.
Cons
They will never realize there potential because without humanity you are bound to fail.
Busy schedules, wont offer raises unless you are ready to quit this place.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 13, 2016
At first its an Ok job, after that people dont help eachother, people complain to much, management has favorites,verbal warning for lame reasons, staff too childash. Some staff members wont help unless you have told on. In a few words management, staff, and just the place in general is a disaster and stressful environmen!!
Cons
Poor training.. No co
Great People and Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MN 55792September 8, 2016
I absolutely loved working here everyone was great! It is a small dental office in a smaller size town on the Iron Range, there are two dentists, a few assistants and a couple wonderful ladies up front!
My typical days would start at 8:00am and go until around 5:00pm with an hour long lunch at 12:00pm.
Worst job ever
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 16, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. I was told by management that they were "disappointed in me" when I gave my two week resignation notice. Poor pay, unorganized, and poor training. I do not recommend working here.
Worst place I've ever worked
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 3, 2016
The worst culture ever. Not appreciated, and the management makes you feel like you never know if you are going to have a job the next day. The cooperate office is just as bad, all they care about is opulence and deepening their pocket books. Co-workers are catty and childish, the hardest part of the job was never knowing who was getting fired next, and the joke of management. The most enjoyable part of the job was my last day.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Horrible culture, lack of job security and direction
busy fast pased
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 14, 2016
I enjoyed working with the Doctors.Management was awful.Very clicky,and unprofessional.The most difficult part of the job was working double duties due to my coworker missing a lot of work
Na
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIApril 7, 2016
Depending on whether they like you as a person, or not, will impact the amount of training you will receive. Could be a good place to work if you are accepted.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
great place to work
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 3, 2015
DA is a great place to work, learned so many things and got the chance to work with a variety of different Doctors. Its a great place to work once you get out of school. So many diffections you can go there.Never a boring day at work.
Doctors are very talented and respectful
Surgical Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIOctober 25, 2015
Very helpful management. nice and advanced. I liked the locations and the environment. They teach their employees everything and they keep improving their skills.
Pros
some times free lunch
Cons
health care
working with the group of lady's, made it easy to come to work
Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 7, 2015
Calling Insurance company, making sure the client had insurance. I learned having compassion makes the day go better. Our management was a great teacher. Love working with the group, we laugh and share funny stores, at time. The hardest part is when you have to inform the client that he or she don't have dental insurance. The most enjoyable is getting coverage for the clients.
Productive, great place to work
Treatment Coordinator/Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 7, 2015
A typical day would involve answering phones, making appointments, dealing with patients coming for appointments, taking care of their insurance questions, calling insurance companies, confirming appointments, keeping doctor's schedule filled etc

Management was very good and I got along with everyone. I enjoy dealing with the public and I miss all of the patients that I met during my 15 years there. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking, with so much going on at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships made with my co-workers. We became a family.
Pros
Free Dental Work
Insurance
Insurance verification clerk/Collection Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2015
:. Educate patients on insurance plans; update patient’s demographics, explaining denials, handling escalated issues. I articulate, communicate and eliminate patient debt, while adhering to the company’s policies and procedures. Expert in payment negotiate recovery terms and/or arrangements to ensure smooth future transactions with other departments are successful. Perform reconciliation of customer accounts to help reduce past due balances. Provide information to Accounting Supervisor, Finance, Sales or Customer Service regarding status or specific details on accounts, Supervise and Manage collection efforts. Place past due accounts for outside collection agency.
Very catty and unprofessional
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin WIApril 13, 2015
Working at the Franklin office, there was a lot of turn over as well as issues between management and staff. There was excessive gossip and favoritism played between staff and management. Although the pay and dental benefits were nice, the medical benefits and education reimbursement is poor. There is little advancement and it is mostly based on favoritism.
Pros
Dental Benefits
Cons
Favoritism and Catty Staff/Management
Slave drivers
Orthodontic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 12, 2014
Assistants have an enormous amount of pressure put on them to push as many patients through as possible each day. Patient care does not matter to this organization. Everything is about cutting corners to make more money. The pay and benefits are not good for the amount of stress that we deal with every day and now the company is taking away all of the vacation and PTO time that we have been earning this year. That's right, it doesn't matter how long we've been working for this company, we're all starting off this year with no vacation and no sick time!
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
everything else
needs work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Management is intimdating and doesn't know how to talk to staff. Treated like a robot amd not valued. Patients treated terrible by supervisors if they don't have oop. Not willing to work woth you unless you act like a two year old. No guts to stand up to nasty patients because money is number one. Family time, forget about it unless you have pto.
Pros
co workers are great
Cons
management
Experience being thrown into different situations- able to adapt well!
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, Appleton, Grand Chute, WIJanuary 22, 2013
I am a casual hygienist at Dental Associates filling in at three different locations for more than a half a dozen different hygienists. While the computer system is uniform throughout, all the different doctors have their own ways of doing things. It has been a great experience but I am looking to become part of a family/patient oriented practice where I have consistency in my schedule whether it is part time or full time.
A dental clinic that offers all specialties to patients
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 20, 2013
I greeted new patients to the clinic and completed new patient orientation, which contained of going over insurance, office hours, polices and overall information about the clinic. Took in coming calls as well as made outbound calls regarding registering patients and scheduling appointments. The clinic was very patient focused which I enjoyed because I always strive for total patient satisfaction. I enjoyed working diverse individuals including patients and coworkers. My job could be very busy at times, but by multi-tasking I was able to handle any situation.
Pros
great team work enviroment and recognition for great performance
Cons
having to turn away patients due to insurance or financial reasons
Wonderful work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 13, 2013
I love the training I received at Dental Associates. The workers were great, they had no problem training me with the skills I needed to become a good dental assistant. I learned how to properly sterilize the treatment room and instruments. I learned how to assist the dentist during amalgam and composite procedures and how to assist in a crown buildup.
Pros
excellent work place
Cons
hated my trainng had to end
I worked for a Dr and 2 Hygienist
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at Dental Associates, I was planning on retiring at Dental Associates but my Dr decided it was time to move on and so did I.
very fast paced facility,changes to company to improve appearance.Learned alot
Major Work Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 13, 2012
I truly enjoyed my position at this organization and I took pride in my duties. I feel that this company needs much improvement in management. Management on clinic level plays too much favortism and they rarely follow through with obligations.
Pros
great location, job training
Cons
healthcare, management needs improvement

2.7