Dental Associates Employee Reviews

So So
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 14, 2017
If you work there with not knowing anyone you'll be good. a lot of competition between doctor teams. Make you work reports that are confusing and if they aren't done you get warnings.
Not worth the pay
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 11, 2017
Pay based on general assistant, even though some do way more then others. Not very family oriented. Used to be until the forced the director out. Stressful and long days. Have to travel which doesn't make sense when we travel to two other location which is only 5 miles away. Doesn't make sense. Very outdated buliding.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, pay
Over worked, bad pay, bad management
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2017
The communication is horrible. The turn over is crazy! They dont look out for their employees. Let other employees treat each other badly, and nothing is said about it. They pay you less than any other clinic. They say you have benefits, but you pay way more out of pocket than your "insurance" covers. The doctors wont help with exams. Managers will write you up for ordering lunch or talking to a friend in free time.
Pros
Free dental care
Cons
Managers, hours, communication, bullying and harassment
Friendly environment, never a dull moment
Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 6, 2017
I am a hygienist, and my day is never boring. Many people think I just "clean teeth" all day long. It is much more than that. I meet many different people and am able to change their lives by answering many questions and helping them to better their oral health. I see a variety a patients from ages five to ninety-five. It is very fast paced and makes the day go by quickly. Great benefits are another perk of working here. As a temp or full time hygienist you still get a 401K. The supervisors are very supportive of family and have many activities for our children and spouses to join in during the year. Overall this is a great place to work!
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
low staffing on dentists
Fast working environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIJune 1, 2017
needed more employees in order to keep all teams functioning better. Fast working environment that becomes a little less orientated. patients and staff are fun to work with and try there best to help you out when they can
Pros
strong team building, decent hours
Cons
stressful
fast paced
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 26, 2017
work for the doctors and follow by their guidelines and take their calls and collect the patients payments when done or before. sometimes stressful when understaffed on drs and even other co workers and trying to find a place to fill patients in otherwise everyone works well with each other in helping one another out
Stressful
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2017
Call clients about their dental health insurance. And to make sure all clients bill where up to date. Made follow up call to reminder payments are do. Hardest part letting patients know their dental insurance is over
high turnover
Orthodontic Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 17, 2017
This employer has such a high turnover of employees. Management does not treat all employees fairly or the same. Promotions are gauged on who you know and who you are friends with. Other applicants are not even interviewed.
Doctors will throw the staff under the bus for their own mistakes and management will not protect you.
This is not a teamwork environment. I always heard the excuse of its not my job and no one will help you if its not in their specific job duty.
Pros
free dental care
Cons
high stress with limited resources
Okay, good experience
Patient Care/Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 17, 2017
Co-workers and management were friendly. Easy advancement. Laid back. $ okay. Good training. Need to upgrade computer software. Meet and greet new/returned patients. Face pace. Lots of doctors/managers in and out. Accepting NEW patients when really, that can't even take care of their own patients. Poor decisions by management. They don't have translators. When hired, I was to do my job but ended up translating a quarter of the time which will leave me and my work behind for the day. I'm not a certified translator.
Pros
good advancement, work other departments
Cons
they don't have translators, poor decisions making, small raises...
Working at Dental Associates
Scanning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work for me varies. It can include either sitting at my desk all day, running back and forth from my desk to the printer, or standing at the printer scanning things. Everyone in my department is always really busy, and while I work hard myself, I prefer to be in a more "friendly" environment where I can take a quick five minute break to have a conversation with a co-worker. Being here I have learned what I'm actually capable of because I am often given tasks that are not a part of my job description. The best part of my job is that I rarely have down time. I like this because it makes my day go a little faster. The hardest part of my job is not feeling like I fit in. As I tried to add in above, everyone else is very hard at work, but it seems like that is all they want to do. No one takes a second to say hi or ask how anyone's day was!
Pros
Paid holidays, occasional free lunch/snacks
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2017
This place is not good. The management was horrible! They have no idea what's going on and didn't care to know. Morale is non-exsistent. I think the higher ups are very racist! There aren't any minorities working in the corporate building and honestly there are only not many minorities in the leadership roles. I've seen people promoted because how they looked and sexually harassed. Then they switched to promotions based on Education unless they like you then it was an exception. My management was horrible. Had no clue what she was doing and no appreciation for hard workers.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Everything else
Professional, patient oriented practice.
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 4, 2017
This is a professional office, with caring practitioners. It is a large practice with a tenured staff, one that works efficiently together.

The employees are knowledgeable and willing to help.

Schedules are set, but flexible.

The hardest part of the job is the hour-to-hour stress of staying on schedule and getting the Dr's in for exams on time.

The most enjoyable is feeling fulfilled by helping patients maintain oral health and making lasting connections with both those patients and coworkers.
Pros
Set hours, full-time is 32 hours. 401k, vacations
Cons
Being compared to others re: production.
never go back
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 16, 2016
I enjoyed working with my team and being one on one with patients. Best part was seeing the patient gain a new smile. Worst part is management. They only have their favorite and don't seem to care about staff very much. They promise you one thing and then go behind your back. I was told after I left I could come back at any time I wanted. When I applied, had two different supervisors tell me I had my job back, only to quit my current job and be told that I did not have my old job back (found out through current employee since supervisor ignored my calls after they decided to not give me my job back) . I trusted them because they did take great care of me when I was there. Now I would never go back. why work somewhere if you can't trust your own supervisor.
Pros
patient care, team work
Cons
management
Bad experience
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WINovember 12, 2016
Management does not get a long (which has an effect on their teams). Merits are given to the people who do not do their work. There is no team work. Upper management lets doctors harass and put their teams down. Upper management does nothing to address this type of negativity. There is a ton of DRAMA. No appreciation for the staff members who take most of the overtime when asked and steps up to do other people's work. There is no communication between management and staff (working with corporate is just as bad). When it is time for the clinic staff survey to go out, staff members are honest with opinions but management does nothing to try to address issues. The best part of the whole job is the patients!
Cons
There is no life balance. Favoritism. No communication.
Work hygienists like a hamster on a hamster wheel
RDH (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 17, 2016
The doctors are great for the most part. In an average day, the hygienist will see 14 patients. There is minimal time for quality care and the company is all about the almighty dollar.
Pros
Great doctors
Cons
Long hours, work overload, no management follow-thru, union that does nothing...
stressful plac to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 13, 2016
you never know what to expect with your work shift. Ive learned a lot about dental concerns and how to treat them. Management not very hands on. Work with a lot of people can be very catty when there's all women. The hardest part was always having to work 3-5 areas a day with different providers or work alone when there should be 3 or more people. The hardest part was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part were the patients
Pros
free lunches/ long breaks
Cons
long hours / short staff
Great People and Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MN 55792September 8, 2016
I absolutely loved working here everyone was great! It is a small dental office in a smaller size town on the Iron Range, there are two dentists, a few assistants and a couple wonderful ladies up front!
My typical days would start at 8:00am and go until around 5:00pm with an hour long lunch at 12:00pm.
Fast pace work place.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WISeptember 6, 2016
Dental and medical benefits are now good. You work 10 plus hour days, four days a week. Pay is not bad, but work load is heavy. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful.
Overall the Management sucked!!!!!
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 20, 2016
After the founder died it pretty much went down hill and stopped being about family which is what he stood for. Now it's about the almighty dollar. The staff is very friendly however some Doctors have a God complex which is only Fostered by upper management.
Pros
The people! There are a lot of really great people that work for the company.
Cons
They will never realize there potential because without humanity you are bound to fail.
Worst job ever
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 16, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. I was told by management that they were "disappointed in me" when I gave my two week resignation notice. Poor pay, unorganized, and poor training. I do not recommend working here.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8