Dental Care Alliance Employee Reviews

They need help
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 3, 2016
Biggest problem with this company is they hire young office managers with little clinical experience to "manage" providers with collectively more experience than the managers have in years on earth lol. The turnover in these offices in unacceptable for a company that offers benefits that most private practice dentists can't offer, so why are clinical people not staying? Oh, that's right, those "benefits" are too expensive for most every staff member but the doctors to afford- no one in our office had health insurance due to those outrageous premiums! And no assistance with dental problems- no employee dental days, everyone in our office had at least one tooth bothering them with no time set aside to fix those issues! They slammed us with patients, if you want to make bonus you better work through your (not paid for) lunch hour. The doctors are not your bosses in this environment so beware they have no say over who gets favored & who gets shunned. A couple of excellent workers were treated unfairly by our office manager & I personally watched more than one outstanding provider who our patients loved be gossiped about & thrown under the bus to the corporate team by our "manager" then subsequently forced them to quit. Just because they won't go for drinks after work doesn't make them "not a good fit". So don't be too good because you'll become a target of jealousy & other people's insecurities. I personally feel this corporation needs to pay its employees more, they're losing great people to other companies willing to offer more money & paid health & dental benefits.
Pros
6 paid holidays, if you work full days before & after, usually due to our office hours, we only got paid for 3
Cons
No employee dental care-why are there no employee care days again?
i learned a lot from Dental Care Alliance
Supervisor/Lead Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 25, 2016
this company helps with the improvement of the employees.
i had the opportunity to grow in progress by giving a 100% work ethics.
and now, i am ready for a better opportunity to succeed and develop in a higher position.
Excellent company with great benefits
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Great company to work for. Positive environment surrounded by team players. Unlimited earning potential. The environment was also a learning environment due to a Periodontist, Oral Surgeon, and an Orthodontist all in the same bldg, and every one constantly chipping in to lend a hand whenever there was a need. Upper management was very much involved and very hands on regarding any concerns that any employee might have.
Pros
No limit on earning potential
Cons
No paid vacations or sick time
Great Employees horrible management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 17, 2015
I worked for DCA for a short period of time but long enough to get a good feel for the company. Their offer and HR recruiter made the company and the position very appealing - free snacks and beverages, company events every month, and she, herself was super nice. Once started the "little guys" were awesome to work with every one was nice and friendly and overall very hard workers. As far as the management... WARNING! The operations dept has one of the worst supervisors I have worked for - gossiping with her employees about her employees, no appreciation for her staff, micro-manager, no regards to the basic HR standards and the list goes on. Later I found that former employees that previously worked in that dept made complaints to HR but nothing was ever done about it - Open Door policy does not exist with this company. Before I left the CEO released a video that all employees had to watch that [to summarize] stated since the company is growing they will provide more training and education but can not consider better pay for its employees bc of the growth - "its common sense" he stated. Pay increases are nickels and dimes (literally) ranging from 10 cent to 30 cent yearly.
The benefits are not that great - No Paid time off for 6 months, no paid bereavement, only get paid half a day for jury duty, 401K is "okay", no dental insurance only a dental discount at their locations but you pay for that. Those free snacks and beverages in the break room I mentioned earlier were a great idea but they also dont have snack machines so once the "free" goodies run out there are no other
  more... options available - not a big deal but just FYI. I enjoyed the people I worked with but not the people and company I worked FOR.  less
Pros
the "little guys", company holiday functions
Cons
no PTO for 6 months, No paid bereavement, half paid jury duty, bad pay & management
Hectic
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Darby, PaSeptember 28, 2015
Very few staff members to meet demands. Everything governed by the corporate office and not based on office daily needs
Good place
Associate Dentist (Current Employee) –  Capitol Hgts, MDSeptember 21, 2015
A good place to work at since you do not have to deal with the managerial aspects and can focus only on patient care. Not enough growing potential.
Dental Care Alliance is an excellent orgainzation to work for.
PSR II / Office Superviser in training (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 3, 2015
This is a company I always looked forward to starting the day off with. All staff, both higher and co-workers were always willing to work as a team in order to do the best for the patients. The company is serious about training and promoting from within. Management is supportive and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was getting the patients in for the times they wanted as the office was so busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients and making them feel at home and happy to be there.
Pros
Opporunity for advancement
Cons
Employee benefits - althought that is being addressed
Productive & fun place to work
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2015
I liked working here. The benefits were great, the people were great, the atmosphere was great. Everything about here was great. I am a veteran & I don't think they cared about that because I had a VA appt. & I got fired the same day.

I don't think this employer is military/veteran friendly. If they were, I would still be working for them.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, etc.
Cons
The workload was a bit much
terrible place to work
Front Desk Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 1, 2015
They take advantage of you. Especially if you are a great worker. Its all about money but they pay their employees nothing and you work hard for pennies.
Pros
Cons
everything
Dental Care Alliance
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 3, 2015
My job is fulfilling and a challenge as well. Working with multiple staff and training the Doctors and the assistants in treatment coordinating is rewarding. the knowledge and my extensive training I have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to train under Doctor Don Gallo is amazing. I can provide the offices with that knowledge to increase production and train the staff in treatment acceptance.
Pros
Learning more about the industry
Cons
The drive is to far
awesome place
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 27, 2015
It is an awesome place to work at. The managers are great, the employees as well. They are very understanding and it has been a pleasure.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing bad to say
Terrible work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 22, 2015
This is definitely not the company you want to work for if you are trying to maintain living life. They don't pay their employees what they are worth, and it seems that they are all about $ and $ only. The wellbeing and happiness of their employees is none of their concern. I would never recommend working for this company to my worst enemy..
Cons
everything
corporate dentistry lost the personal feeling of patients
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDJanuary 13, 2015
extremely busy
everyday is more and more needs to done and expected to be completed with little thanks
no wiggle room only by the book
people (the patients) are more than numbers and each is different so the book is not good enough to take care of people
as they get larger the people seem to get smaller
understand that business is business but the patient is the business and each patient needs a different way of care
Pros
very close to home/ alot of vacation time from yrs of service/ the people and patients became family
Cons
very text book lost their luster on the dollar signs
unfriendly to employees
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 6, 2015
Upper management is unfriendly to employees. The clinical staff turnover is very high. The only thing this company cares about is money. You can't get basic supplies when needed and the managers have no power. They promise everything and deliver nothing. I would not recommend this company to any serious professional looking to care for patients.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
good place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 4, 2015
very busy office which makes time go by much faster
great patients
learned how to be more compassionate to patients
Not the best place to work
dental assistant EFDA (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INOctober 4, 2014
During my time of employment they had four doctors leave the practice. The so called fun/ high volume practice is not the kindest place to work.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Unfair company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 1, 2014
Management have favoritism for certain employee and don't help other employee that needs that help to succeed. Some of the Doctors are not professional since they go out to with the employees apart from work.
Found my dream job!
Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people. I have never worked with a more dedicated, caring group! The management team gives clear goals and expectations and are very fair. They listen and value what I contribute to our team.
Pros
there is always an interesting challenge to my day!
Amazing culture and work/life balance
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaMay 12, 2014
DCA has been terrific. I know that my day will be fulfilling and meaningful while allowing me to also give a voice to the amazing culture we have. Employees are treated with respect and rewarded for hard work. Those that wish to advance are encouraged to do so. All employees are part of a team and strive for excellence as we provide the best quality dental care in the industry.

If you want a great place to work while fulfilling your need to provide customer service and quality dental care, this is it.
Pros
great hours, holidays off, excellent reporting structure, team work, health benefits, good pay
Office Manager is unprofessional and unethical
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMay 8, 2014
DEPLORABLE! When I was hired to work for this company they hired me knowing I had no dental experience. I was praised by the old office manager and the general manager about how fast I learned and how well I was doing. Then the company decided to hire a new office manager. Since then she has created a hostile environment to work in, and a place that I no longer enjoy working for. Instead of doing her job she micro manages and then has us do her job. She takes away from the employee/patient interaction when constantly interrupting making you feel like your incompetent in doing your job.
Pros
the relationships you make with patients
Cons
an office who micro manages

2.9