Dental Care Alliance Employee Reviews

Lacks decisive communication in management
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Very lax on negative behavioral on long-term employees due to management refusal to face and resolve conflicts, allows mistreatment to newer staff, no advancement as promised, re-organizes without any notice with job duties greatly shifting, no training, low pay, co-workers crammed in small spaces, uses old software and management supports usage of too many multiple spreadsheets rather than use of the software package.
Pros
Some friendly staff
Cons
Too many staff insult and demean newer employees
Poor Managment
Hygiene Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2017
I experienced poor managment at one of their Konikoff Virginia Beach locations. It proved to be a very catty, unprofessional, and an unfair work environment.
Stressful
Registerd Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Advanced Dental Care in Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2017
Dirty office, Limited to No supplies, Zero support by the Doctor, Perio. nightmare! Horrible dentistry! Years of Negligence evident! A lot of discussions behind your back!
decent place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 4, 2017
Fast paced work place. Helpful to have some insurance experience. Unless you are assigned to permanent office expect to travel and possibly work for multiple doctors.
I would not recommend working with DCA-Miller Square Ofc
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 26, 2017
Management is horrible
Pay is terrible
Dentist are all about money
There is no room for growth in this company. I would not recommend this company to anyone. No "realistic" bonus! Employees including manager smoke(weed) on their lunch break.
Pros
None!
Cons
Working hours are horrible!
Worst place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 20, 2017
Management is horrible
Pay is terrible
Dentist are all about money
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Strong culture and learning experience
Dental Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 21, 2017
The leadership team and staff were absolutely amazing in the way that they approached their day-to-day responsibilities with the office and patients. Continued learning and communication with patients were highly encouraged.
Horrible place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 20, 2017
The company is all about the money and Does not care about the employees. Many days are so busy that you are forced to work through lunch without any appreciation! The doctors are all about the money and not about patient care, or even treating their assistants with respect and support if making sure he or she eats lunch. I've been employed over two years and have never received a raise. I see my degree is not going to lead anywhere with me being able to move up to advancement. It's time for a change!
Pros
Not one
Cons
Everything don't work here
Fun and productive work envionment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIJune 8, 2017
Doctors take pride in their work and staff. management motivates staff! Everyone works as a team!! Always perks with contest to make it more competitive and fun about retaining patients!!
Terrible and rude doctor
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 23, 2017
Dr.Josephs is one of the worst doctors I've ever worked for in the dental field , not willing to help you grow and or learn , constantly making employees feel powerless .
Amazing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLApril 5, 2017
I love Dental Care Alliance. I have learned so much and advanced several times. If you work hard and dedicate yourself, nothing but good things can come of it at DCA. They have amazing leadership and excellent office moral. I would highly recommend DCA to anyone interested in applying.
I've had better work experiences.
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 20, 2017
Management was awful, especially the manager of the mail room and data entry in the CBO. The actual position itself is a no brainer but the choices in hiring the manager makes almost puts more burden on a person actually qualified for the position since you end up having to do the work for the other people in the same position. Not to mention she made me feel completely ostracized from the rest of the work group. She would have an attitude if certain people came to talk to her but the ones she favored got to do pretty much whatever they wanted.
Job Description
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 7, 2017
For the Most part the company treated there employees well. The department I was in was bouncing me back and forth between to different jobs. Not enough time to learn one.. outdated system. Not user friendly.
Pros
Employee Actvities
Cons
To much to learn at a time. Outdated systems
Practice Administrator
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Amazing staff and Doctors!! Very rough day today due to power outage which caused our server damage.. amazing IT got us up and running minimally to get though the day.. staff came together and did an amazing job.. the patients had no clue we had issues all day.. thank you dream team
Pros
Regional and corporate support!!
Cons
Great dental director, regional manager and office manager
Dentist (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIJanuary 8, 2017
I am very glad to work with a group of loving, dedicated people who love dentistry and truly care for the patients. We have an amazing office manager and two superstar hygienists in this office.
Pros
Amazing manager and hygienists
Cons
We took several insurance plans have lower reimbursements. That has impact on provider's income.
Enjoyed working with patients and making sure that they are happy
Coach and mentor all staff members (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was training and mentoring my colleagues. I want to always assure that we are on the same page and to always build our team.
Pros
great team
Cons
was very hard to take vacation
No regards to employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  CollingdaleNovember 25, 2016
Dental care alliance does not care about their employees. Under paid for the most part. Employees there who have been with the company 10+ years are paid ridiculously low compared to new employees coming into the field.
It's always about the numbers.
No appreciation for valued employees
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Pay, benefits
They need help
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 3, 2016
Biggest problem with this company is they hire young office managers with little clinical experience to "manage" providers with collectively more experience than the managers have in years on earth lol. The turnover in these offices in unacceptable for a company that offers benefits that most private practice dentists can't offer, so why are clinical people not staying? Oh, that's right, those "benefits" are too expensive for most every staff member but the doctors to afford- no one in our office had health insurance due to those outrageous premiums! And no assistance with dental problems- no employee dental days, everyone in our office had at least one tooth bothering them with no time set aside to fix those issues! They slammed us with patients, if you want to make bonus you better work through your (not paid for) lunch hour. The doctors are not your bosses in this environment so beware they have no say over who gets favored & who gets shunned. A couple of excellent workers were treated unfairly by our office manager & I personally watched more than one outstanding provider who our patients loved be gossiped about & thrown under the bus to the corporate team by our "manager" then subsequently forced them to quit. Just because they won't go for drinks after work doesn't make them "not a good fit". So don't be too good because you'll become a target of jealousy & other people's insecurities. I personally feel this corporation needs to pay its employees more, they're losing great people to other companies willing to offer more money & paid health & dental benefits.
Pros
6 paid holidays, if you work full days before & after, usually due to our office hours, we only got paid for 3
Cons
No employee dental care-why are there no employee care days again?
Poor Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 2, 2016
Would not recommend working for this company. The company has growing pains with its VC investor group. The internal turmoil is not a healthy work environment.
i learned a lot from Dental Care Alliance
Supervisor/Lead Dental assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 25, 2016
this company helps with the improvement of the employees.
i had the opportunity to grow in progress by giving a 100% work ethics.
and now, i am ready for a better opportunity to succeed and develop in a higher position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Care Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9