Dental Dreams Employee Reviews

This place sucks
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PADecember 6, 2016
I worked at this company for many years its the worst they're pay sucks, management sucks they are very unprofessional. The owners tend to put the workers down. And when you make the goals they don't even tell you what a good job you are doing they just keep asking for more. The doctors are under a tremendous amount of pressure having to see 18-25 patients a day which doesn't give them a chance to give quality service. They are very money hungry. After all the years there the only good thing that came out of it was me leaving.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Dental Nightmare
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 5, 2016
If you want a Medicaid office where the patients are waiting almost 1-2 hours for a simple cleaning, a revolving door of employees, paid every two weeks, free uniforms that may not fit, and being a salesperson!

Then Dental Nightmare is the place for you....where opinions are extinct.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Lots of down time, unappreciative dentists and management, late schedules
Worst job ever
Dental assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIDecember 1, 2016
This office was the worst office I've ever worked at they over book which causes patients to wait hours before they are seen and then they usually have to sit for another hour before the doctor even comes in the room and who do you thinks gets the patients attitude the assistant!! This place is a complete circus they hire way to many assistants and promise them "full-time hours" your lucky if your on the schedule 3 days a week!
Worst place for dentist
Dentist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 1, 2016
I want to give them 0 star. They dont pay you last three months and they fire you without giving reason.

If you are international, red flag for this company.
Pros
Overworking
Cons
Unethical
Great entry level company
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD belair rd locationNovember 14, 2016
This company i's great for gaining experience fresh out of schhol. But it's not somewhere you stay for a long time the management is horrible the front desk staff are messy. AND you can never get in contact with anyone from coporate. Once you gain enough experience my advice is for you to leave.
Pros
Free lunches and great flexibility
Cons
Short break horrible office manager very unappreciated
*Great company to be part of*
Current employee (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 12, 2016
Dental Dreams has many opportunities for their staff and to me as being a current employee it is what YOU make it. Dental Dreams gives every employee an opportunity to be part of this growing company. Yes it is a very busy company to be part of, and yes it can be overwhelming at times however, you have much support not only from management, regional management, but the corporate office as well. Dental Dreams strives to ensure each patient receives the best quality dentistry while visiting our offices, and with the great support team that we have as employees we make that happen.
Manager is bad.
Dental Receptionist / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2016
The manager will swear at you and call you stupid. Swears with the patient and gossips all through the office. Some of the doctors were great but they did not like the manger or the way the office was running so a lot of them left. They will pay you as low as they can and work you like a slave.
Horrible place to work.
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 4, 2016
Poor management and all the care about is money, not their over worked employees.

Low starting rate of pay no matter your credentials or experience, and NO room for advancement or raises. Heard it straight from a managers mouth.

POOR management. Went through 3 office managers in the span of 3 months!

Best part about it was the coworkers.

Nothing was enjoyable.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managament, Pay, Overworked.
friendly working environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MANovember 2, 2016
I learned a lot from working at dental dreams. The doctors are all willing to share there knowledge with the staff and the patients.
I cannot thank them enough for the wisdom they have given me and I will take it with me and continue to expand my career as a dental assisitant.
Bad management
Dental Receptionist / Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2016
Not under the best management at All. I worked there for quite some time started off in the back and everything was great.When they switched me to front desk I got a taste of the big bad manager.Cussing yelling just nasty, I could take it.
Productive and fun place to work!
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Machesney Park, ILOctober 4, 2016
My typical day at work is pretty busy. I'm always answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, verifying insurances, and checking patients in/out. Multitasking is a very important skill to have! I like to keep busy so a fast pace environment is good for me. Unfortunately the patients don't like that we're usually very busy and they get angry. My co-workers are awesome, they make my day more enjoyable. The hours can be long and my days are sometimes stressful. We only get 20 minute lunch breaks for a 10 or 12 hour shift. My manager is very understanding when I comes to taking days off, my schedule is very flexible.
Pros
Bonus checks, flexible schedule
Cons
Short lunch breaks
The last place a dentist would want to work
Dentist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 2, 2016
Everything is true: long hrs, no lunch breaks if busy, no respect from the management, lack of dental supplies, many patients heavily based on walk-in, mostly medicaid patients, administrative staff and dental assistants with attitude, management culture based on production vs.quality care. The worst part is that they don't let you get out of this horrible place until you clear the contract...sad.
Pros
could not find any
Cons
rude management, no lunch breaks, long hrs
Horrible
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2016
At the office I worked at they had at least four managers within a year! Everyone I started with either quit or got fired! They replace people in a heart beat, which the patients did not like because it was always someone different either as the manager or employees. I

The manager would belittle the Dentist in front of their assistants. They made it known that they had all day and our opinion did not matters to them. When we called corporate for multiple reasons such as never getting a lunch or it was grab a bite when you can, managers threating assistants.

I was promised a raise after getting my radiology license they never gave it to me even after I received my radiology license. I asked them three times when was I getting my raise, all the did was give me the run around.

Bottom line they do not care about their employees or patient care! The only thing they care about is making money and screwing people over!
Cons
Mangement, pay, long hours. Keeping staff
Demanding but extremely fair
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 21, 2016
My experience here is that if you produce results, you'll love it. If you blame everything around you except yourself for failure, you will not. Offer the patients a high level of service, care for them properly, work hard - that's what is expected from you.
Dental Dreams
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I'm sorry to say that I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company. Management doesn't value clients nor their employees. My direct manager needed to learn more about management before holding that title. I walked into a weak business so I quit.
the hours are good
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 8, 2016
Communication can be a little better and team work could also be better. A typical day at work is coming in doing what has to be done and finishing up at the end by cleaning and making sure things are shut off and put away correctly.
Pros
good hours
Cons
communication
Is a great place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  stafford street worcesterSeptember 8, 2016
Dental dreams is a great place to work, there is a great team work and staff get along well. The management is well organize and gets along with all the staff. The hardest part of the job is when patient come to their appointments late and try to rush staff so they can get treatment. Most patients are very nice and cooperate with staff.
Pros
Good team work.
Cons
staff benefit need to be better. Not getting 40 hrs a week bothers me
Dental office with a playground area.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I have being working with the company for over 6 years as a dental assistant and front desk receptionist. All six years under a great management. The environment in the office is pretty nice, both front desk and dental assistants work in harmony. There is no problems with co-workers we all work hard to give the best for patients. It is a fast pace office we see a lot of patients, great multitasking skills need to be met. The bonus they give is great, unfortunately the goal can be unattainable sometimes . Regional management changed not too long ago, so it seems not to be working as before. It is an stressing job, but co-workers and management make me want to come in since we all work as a team.
Pros
bonus
Cons
GOAL
Flexible and family first
BILL COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 8, 2016
I have been with Dental Dreams since 2009 and have gained many qualities throughout this time. I started as a receptionist and was promoted to bill collector within three months. I have become a mother during this time as well and with children there are always sick days or other emergencies. Dental Dreams always allows me the time needed to take care of my children while being ill. I can honestly say I am so grateful for it as my daughters are number one on my list. I am able to come in later on in the day or weekends and not loose my working hours or get backed up with extra work and I am very thankful for it.
Pros
flexible hrs, paid vacation, understanding
great expierence
Externship Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 7, 2016
It was my pleasure to work at Dental Dreams as an extern from Porter and Chester. it was a honor working with all the doctors, all the dental assistants and all the ladies in the front desk. everyone is so welcoming, lovely, and willing to teach. I observed and learned so much; from how the different doctors work to how different the dental assistants work. My experience here was amazing, it really took a big step in expanding my knowledge in the dental assistant industry. Working in an environment that you feel appreciated is always important. I love how they treat the patients with respect, and in every caring way they can. a diverse of people working here, so people who only speak one language have a better opportunity of being understood. I recommend everyone to come here, its an amazing dentist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Dreams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8