Dental Dreams Employee Reviews

poor management
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MAJuly 17, 2015
typical day consisted of helping patient coordinate their care with the doctors and also with insurance companies, arranging appointments authorizations and many others tasks
flexible work place
Receptionist/Dental Assistant/Office Translator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: non safe neighborhood
Learned how to multitask in a stressful fast paced environment. Met many dedicated hard working dental assistants, receptionist, dentist and bill collectors. Needs better management.
Good
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAJuly 2, 2015
I enjoyed working with the staff at dental dreams. Everyone was personable from the assistants to the doctors. however, the turnover of doctors is problematic for the patients and seems as though it is just a stepping stone for the doctors
Worst Mangement
Receptionist (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 28, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: Short Breaks and Low pay For High Stressed enviornment
Worst management while i was there. She showed favoritism. Nothing there was fair at all. Manger also told me when i asked about the handbook outloud to a coworker 'she asked about the f****** handbook" and walked out. When I asked her again on a different occasion she said there wasn't a handbook.
Run......
Special Projects (Current Employee), MichiganJune 16, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: no culture, no training, not professional, no job security
Unfortunately, the worst place I've ever worked...Upper management (owners) are rude, and job security is non-existent. Double standards, for men vs. women is common.... They need a "culture" and to hold their upper leaders to a professional standard as to minimize turnover.... SO glad to be out after several years in management.
This job Is very stressful to work for
Dental Assisting (Current Employee), Eastpointe MIJune 4, 2015
Pros: the doctors are there to help teach you and make sure you learn from you mistakes
Cons: the office manager does not care about anything besides meeting goal at the end of the month
A typical day at Dental Dreams is very busy and very stressful. but you do learn how to work under pressure, my co-workers are very nice and very helpful, the hardest part of my job is learning to deal with the pressures of lots of patients and very bad wait time, the ,most enjoyable part is helping the patients and gaining experience towards my career.
productive place
Receptionistq (Former Employee), harrisburg paJune 2, 2015
its a very busy place to work you have to be on your P's and Q's when working her overall a good place. my co workers were the best there to help you when needed , the hardest part of the job was trying to do insurance break downs but once you so it then it becomes easy.
Questionable place to work
Office manager (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 25, 2015
Pros: Super busy the day goes fast
Cons: Everything from management to culture
Medicaid dental offices , business model is to overbook which leads to extremely long wait times. Stressful environment for front end staff due to leadership demands and patient dissatisfaction. Company owned by very greedy foreigners who have taken advantage of increased Medicaid expansion program. Most dentist who work for the company are here on work visas with the company and not trained in the states.

I worked there for one year and saw some questionable dental work. But since the patients are on Medicaid and not paying for the service they don't realize the work is low in quality.

Most of the offices are well designed and new.....If only the work environment was as good as the place looks
Busy and Fast Pace
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILMarch 19, 2015
Dental Dreams is a company that teaches its employees how to work quickly. The normal day is very busy and always challenging you in different ways.
Excellent company to work for!
Management (Current Employee), MassachusettsMarch 9, 2015
Pros: coworkers, management, business model, clear understanding of the companies objectives which allows me to know exactly how to succeed.
Cons: the environment leans itself to some levels of stress.
I have been working for Dental Dreams for nearly 6 years. I can honestly say I go to work everyday and love my job. My coworkers and management make working for Dental Dreams a fun and rewarding experience. I have learned and grown so much both professionally and personally over the years. The most difficult part of the job can sometimes be the extensive travel related to my position however with a flexible schedule and open communication with management, it eases the difficulty. The company business model and structure rewards all your efforts and hard work and allows you to feel you are paid more than fairly! I can honestly say one of the best decisions I have made was to come and work for Dental Dreams and I feel very accomplished each and every day!
Learned alot from them daily.
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2015
Busy, Busy office there were days the staff members would butt heads but at the end of the day we got the job done. The doctors and the patients were are number one priority. The staff made sure the job got done and the patients were happy with the services provided.
Horrible!
Dental Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMarch 6, 2015
Pros: the dentists
Cons: everything about the job.
This comapny is by far the worst company to work for. They tell you 40 hrs you might get 20. They tell you you get a bonus and then get to decide if u get the bonus. You hate coming to work everyday. The management is a joke. They tell U the hours are 9-6..: yeah right they close at 6 but sometimes everyone is there til 9. Job security here is so low. You never know when you will get fired.. Or when u do for what they won't tell you. The turn over right is out of control. If you want a real job this is the last place you would want to work. Your not guaranteed a lunch. Your not guaranteed a break. Your lucky if u get one.
Excellent employer - great comp for high achievers
Corporate Development (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: attractive compensation, multiple locations, strong patient flow
Dental Dreams is an excellent place to work if you are seeking an opportunity where hard work will be rewarded. The company has been successful by providing much need dental services to under served communities. As a result, the company has grown quickly and is always looking for talented individuals to join the team.
Chicago (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: co-workers, bonuses, benefits, leadership
Cons: there is no 401k offered
Dental Dreams is a great place to work as hard work is rewarded at all levels of the company. Dental Dreams also offers a nice compensation and benefits package. The team is great and everyone gets along and works well together. There are many opportunities for growth and the company does promote from within often. Overall it has been a great experience.
Very busy dental office
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: working with patients
Cons: lack for hours at certain times of the year
A typical day at Dental Dreams was a busy one. We saw 80 to 100 patients a day. Performed digtal X-rays, created alginate impressions, front desk skills, created treatment plans for patients. I learned a lot about dentistry to help enhanced my skills to make me a better dental assistant. Management could have been better. My co-workers were pretty good to work with. The hardest part of my job was to work with 80 to 100 patients a day. The most enjoyable part job was being able to help patients and being able to answer all of their questions and concerns
Stable Company
Office Manager (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Dental Dreams is a very stable company. They have a strong patient base as well as many offices across the county. They do the community a service by accepting Medicaid.
NO JOB SECURITY
Receptionist (Current Employee), VirginiaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: hired with no experience
Cons: low pay, management
If you're a dental assistant fresh out of school or receptionist with no dental experience this would be the job for you. They hire anyone! Most of the front desk receptionists have no experience in the dental field. Appointments are always double booked. The wait time is extremely long for patients. If it sounds like a dental mill then that's exactly what it is. They offer same day treatment because management knows most patients will not return after their first visit. Management only cares about themselves and will feed you to the wolves when upper management visits the office. There is no teamwork! Breaks are rarely given (not a requirement). Upper management expects production and if production goals are not met someone's job is threatened. Production goals are sometimes unrealistic. You could work anywhere from 10 to 12 hour days. If patients walk in the door at 5:30 the doctors are expected to work on the patient (doesn't matter if it's a root canal, extraction, or crown) The owners talk to employees like trash. (yes they even curse at you). Little kids are sometimes tortured because upper management want the doctors to attempt treatment instead of referring the children out to pediatric dentist. Patient's are often lied to about their insurance coverage.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2015
I remember walking into work on a early and having to clean. I vacuumed, wiped down windows/doors, and restocked. Quickly following an 11 hour shift. I sat at my computer answering phone calls and logging the customer/patient information onto the computer. While I answered phone calls, I had to make sure that I made outgoing calls to other customers/patients and make sure that they were 100% positive that they were to attend an upcoming appointment/interview. One thing I enjoyed was making customer/patient happy and satisfied about the visit with us.
Very Productive
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Waukegan,ILJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day for a Dental Dream assistant who delivers patients will:
- Bring patients in the room and make them comfortable, prepare them for treatment, and obtain dental records.
-hand instruments and material to dentist, and keep the patients, mouth dry and clear by using the suction and other devices.
-sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and prepare trays.
-sometimes prepare material for making impressions and process dental X-ray.
-perform coronal polishing and sealants.
unorganized
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee), Brockton MAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: paid lunches and monthly earned bonuses
Cons: late nights and chaos
Management is careless and co-workers are not consistent. This company goes through a lot of employees and dentists, waits are long and cancellations are very high.