Dental Office Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and learning job
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXMarch 9, 2016
• Performed various duties in dental office, schedule appointments, receive payments.
• Handled record keeping, order supplies and place the medical records of patients for the dentist's use.
• Prepared and maintain the supplies, equipment and instruments, management of patient.
• Prepared patient for the dentist's examination and assist in passing materials, amalgam, cements. Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
• Assist health departments and dental schools by managing the back office area and being a lead trainer.
Pros
Goals for advancement
Cons
working weekends and some holidays
Fun and organize workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  108- 55 Queens bvld , NYApril 11, 2016
First, I turn on everything in the unit, put the set up in the chair, call the patient to get in and get him ready. I was by the doctor side if he needs anything I provided it. Them, dismiss the patient, clean and organize the chair again for the next patient.
Sterilize instruments, and make appointments.
Fun productive office, great staff, wonderful patients
C.D.A. /Lead Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAMay 12, 2016
Wonderful, family treated office. Staff is like family and will treat you like it as well. Office is run smooth and with ease as the staff pulls togethr to work as a great team.
Pros
Inspired hygiene
Cons
At times short staffed
Fast Pace in a Doctor Patient environment
business liaison (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 5, 2016
Working directly with the owner/manager is an opportunity that few people get to experience. I'm very lucky to have learned how to build a 200k/month practice from scratch.
Pros
Learn valuable skills from dental and doctors
Cons
At will employment with No benefits
Dental assistent is very helpfull job and confidental job.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 18, 2016
I love to work with dental assistant job because u help people and makes confidential.....it is very successful job I am interesting this position as my career.... Love to work with people as team together help each other work hard as possible.
Productive and mindful workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 6, 2016
I always come out with a better gain of knowledge than when i go in. Learned effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
Acquired a better understanding of safety policies and practices.
Full knowledge of best medical administration. Excellent experience.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 17, 2016
Knowledge of medical administration, complete organizational since the patients visited the office for first time. Knowledge of HIPAA Law.
Pros
Excellent experience in medical management area.
Cons
NONE.
Great Office
Dental Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2015
During the time I worked in this office it was a great experience, I learned a lot. I started by doing my internship there, shadowing the Assistant and she trained me on mostly everything she knew. Then after 100 hours of interning they temporarily hired me, as the assistant went on maternity leave for a month. The doctor is patient and helped me learn as much as he could.
Love it
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 13, 2016
Very good environment to work with. A lot of paperwork. Don't have to deal with a rude boss or clients. This job will keep you busy all day. Hours aren't crazy either.
Enjoyable Work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Milford, MIJanuary 24, 2015
I love my job, I love speaking with the patients that come in - calming their fears, helping them with insurance issues, catching up on their families (part of calming fears) and I like the challenge of running an efficient office. My boss is really great and that helps make the job even better. My co-workers are easy to get a long with. It is a good job. I spend the day scheduling appointments, inputting insurance claims in the computer, balancing the day's intake and taking checks to the bank for deposit, I file, organize, contact dental insurance companies and helping our patients. I think the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with our patients. I am not a big fan of filing!
Pros
low cost dental work
Cons
would like to earn more money
productive
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJuly 15, 2015
As a receptionist I was able to learn a lot from my boss and my coworkers. Working here and dealing with my medical cases I was able to decide for nursing .
Work remotely from home
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAJune 2, 2015
I enjoy working from home and handling all aspects of dental billing and claims. Follow up on past due claims and posting of EFT payments. I prefer Eaglesoft Software and am well trained in its use.
Productive and helpful to the patients we serve.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MarylandOctober 5, 2014
Open office, ensure patient records are accurate, including fees, next office visit. Creating payment plans for patients. Planning work schedule for dental assistants. Accounts payable/receivable. Meeting with vendors.

How to handle patients that are unpleasant or afraid of the dentist.

Maintain a routine in the office that is conducive with the daily schedule.

Seeing people in pain before they see the dentist.

When patients are satisfied with the outcome of their procedures.
Busy, Productive , fun and easy place to work .
Dental Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Learn new things everyday..
Love talking and meeting with patients and taking care of their needs
Have excellent rapport with the dentist.
Run the office smoothly , eliminating all the hurdles .
Pros
stress free environment
Cons
no healthcare
Dental Office Receptionst
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2013
Start the day getting all phone messages,E-mails and checking all electronic payments.Go over the schedule for next two days.Greet patients when they arrive.The dental field taught me a lot, it gave me the opportunity to be myself and to make others feel comfortable.I have learned that when you manage your own responsibilities you are able to help others with theirs.I have always enjoyed working with my co-workers we always worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was collecting from patients that didn't have dental insurance,The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients after 10 years of working with the same patients you become their friends
Pros
hours
Cons
no healthcare
I was happy to see smile on patients' face after procedures
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Monsey, NYNovember 6, 2013
We had about 10.000 patients, so we had to work very hard. I learned that costumers are always right, how to communicate with angry, pleasant, demanding, etc. patients. I learned how to be mulch-task, fast, team-player. Management was perfect.
Hardest part was to convince mothers to bring their kids for check-ups. Also, not to wear trousers because patients were orthodox hasidic Jews and they complained about everything.
Pros
great experience and managment
Cons
attire
Excellent administrative work experience
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hillside, NYSeptember 22, 2013
I was working as Dental Assistant and Receptionist.
I managed telephones and other correspondence to outside parties
I also administrated functions such as filing records, and data entry for patients. I also had the opportuinty to performe staff orientation, training for assistants and hygienists. In addition, I assisted with scheduling daily appointments for patients
I also assisted Dentist and Hygienist with cleansings and fillings
Front desk receptionist
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills ILFebruary 18, 2013
At this job i would schedule patients, call patients to make appointments, assist the doctor with procedures, sterilize equipment and maintain a clean work environment.I learned how to call ins company's for benefits.This practice was a self run practice.There was really nothing hard at this job was trained properly to do all duties as asked. Got along with all coworkers.The best part of this job was make patients feel welcome and see them leave happy.
Productive,busy,great team
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 17, 2012
The most enjoyable and important part of my job is my patients.I am constantly learning from them and feel blessed to work for them.My day is busy from the moment I enter.Collecting messages,morning huddle,greeting patients and checking that all information is current.
Collecting payments,Posting treatment ,checking insurance claims,
Get along well with co-workers we are a great team.The most difficult part of my job is to try and finish everything by days end.
Pros
getting to know patients
Cons
no medical insurance
great employees
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Albion, NYJanuary 28, 2013
configured patient responsibility after insurance coverage
dentist credentialing
too many people would go to management, instead of coming to me
with their problems.
a few did not pull their weight in their mandatory job descriptions
Management would not have monthly/weekly meetings with me,
they would take at face value the words of unsatisfied employees, instead of discussing the problems and complaints with me.
Being able to lower a/r by submitting clean claims, and the satisfaction of having insurance companies pay their proper payments.

4.2