Dental Office Employee Reviews

fun and energetic work place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIApril 14, 2017
Management needed improvement. Great place to start if you are interested in going into the dentistry field. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping people achieve a beautiful smile!
Dental Assitant position that would offer to oportunity to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLMarch 30, 2017
prepare patient, sterilize and disinfect instruments, set up instrument tray, and prepare material Take and record medical, Make Dental Radiography, administer topical fluoride
Enjoyable
Dental Receptionist / Front Desk (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 25, 2017
- Dental office is a fun place to work with
- Learn how to communicate with patients
- Schedule the appointments and explain the procedures
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2017
Answer and place phone calls regarding patient appointments

Contact insurance companies regarding coverage and payment plans

Perform clerical duties such as copying faxing filing emailing etc.

Send payment notices to insurance companies and patients

Receive and process payments made by patients or insurance companies

Enter patient information into computer system

Check-in and Checked out patients gathering all personal and insurance information needed
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMarch 23, 2017
Good motivating job loved communicating with patients ! Great environment you could get great experience from working in a dental office learn many new different things
Small company with some disadvantages
All star dental (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 15, 2017
All star Dental is a way to get the foot in the door and start learning.better social skills. Also was not a very fast paced environment since the establishment was brand new. Therefore it was easier to catch up.
Pros
Not fast paced, easy to learn
Cons
The pay was pretty low and the establishment closed
Great company providing valuable services
ORA Dental (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2017
Provide a valuable service. I am extremely hard working, dedicated and task oriented. Over twenty years of working with premiere dental films in Illinois but not limited to, periodontics, assisting in implant surgery and oral surgery. Skilled at training staff.
A pleasure to work here
Office Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Enjoyed working at the office. Every day was a different situation and activity. Was able to help people in pain, inter acted with insurance companies, patients, pharmacies, and other medical personal.
Pros
I owner the office
Cons
Brought work home to do
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLFebruary 14, 2017
While I was working there, I learned the importance of customer service, and how important is to be kind to others. I learn many new techniques and dental procedures .
Good Working Place with Good People
Caring smiles dental (Former Employee) –  hoffmaFebruary 12, 2017
Scheduling Patients, Customer Serivce, Answering Phones, Entering in Patients files, Coping, Faxing, Co-Calling, Billing, Entering EOB's, Filing Records, Calling Insurance Company's to follow-up on current insurance policy's
Pros
Free Lunches some times
Cons
My working hours were not consistent
Shadowing Dentists
Shadowing Student (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 1, 2017
Through the job, I gain lots of helpful experience in dentistry. I understand that dentist not only work with teeth but also work with community and their assistant.
Loved my position and the patients
Dental Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJanuary 24, 2017
I have been in the dental field for 30+years and never had an experience that I was unable to handle The.diversity and challenges that come with the position are always rewarding.
Going over all the treatment plans with the patient, explaining to them why they need the work, what it entails and addressing their fears.
Being the office manager you get to wear many hats. Billing, payment plans , insurance, inventory all were my responsibility. I took them very seriously . I also had to make sure that the staff and front office were all on the same page. My position is a big part of my life as I feel I have perfected just about all aspects.
Pros
healthcare, dental paid vacations staff like family
good job
Dental Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJanuary 21, 2017
in this place I learn to how work in front desk in which I learn how to check the insurance eligibility . and make appoints.
I learn the basic things
Pros
30 break
Cons
not paying good, no insurnace
Productive with a strong sense of quality care.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11432January 18, 2017
A typical day at work involves checking patients' charts, calling dental laboratories, faxes, email and phone call appointment reminders, scheduling patients for their next appointments, checking insurances and handling co-payments. I have learned dental terminology and billing. My co-workers are diligent, meticulous and caring. The hardest part of the job was learning the dental terms. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients get the most out of their insurance.
Pros
getting to know patients
Cons
short breaks and no benefits
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 13, 2017
its a dental office, each office is different from the other so it just depends where you work. Each assistant is different and depending on the dentist, depends on how much you do .
Busy office cutting hours
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJanuary 8, 2017
The begins with a morning huddle to put everyone on the same page when patients arrive for appointments. Review previous day numbers and problems. Identify pts that may need tx and try to convert that day. I start by reviewing claims created from prior day and enter any necessary narratives and submit claims electronically or by mail. Check mail to enter insurance payments for the day. Verify new patients insurance and any changes . Enter information into pt chart. Review treatment plans for benefit accuracy. Answer phones ,make appointments or assist pts with questions. Order supplies if needed. Love helping pts get the most from their benefits. Most co - workers are easy going and easy to get along with. Hardest part of job are the constant changes in office. Management has taken away many of our office benefits and perks.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No lunch, cutting hours
Prodeuctive workplace
Sunshine smile dental (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Everyone n the dental office works well together. There's great communication with one another. The doctor is very understanding and works well with you and explains procedures to you and why she is doing it. WE have morning huddle so we know what the day is goin to look like and she gives us each a task. I enjoy learning new procedures and different ways to do the procedure. The doctor does every procedure the same and if she doesn't she will tell you ahead of time.
Cons
healthcare
productive
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2016
very stressful and I have learned a lot from my manager. I get alone with people and my co-workers. it was extremely hard when I have to call the insurance company.
Healing people and working with patients
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MONovember 19, 2016
Dental office- Explained procedures, costs and oversaw patient care and their concerns.

The practice was sold during my time, so I was able to convert to two different management styles. I also helped coordinate the opening of a small town practice where I managed and assisted for two years.

I enjoyed the possitive atmosphere-which was a challenge at times..since going to the dentist is not on the top of everyone's list.
Pros
hours of operation
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2016
The hours are 9 to 5. The pay isn't all that great but the people around you are good people and the work is fast paced so time doesn't take forever. Sometimes it gets frustrating when it's hectic
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low pay