DentalOne Partners

DentalOne Partners Employee Reviews

Micromanaged environment
Office Leader (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 6, 2015
I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge in this position but it is a sales driven environment that is micromanaged on a daily basis. There is little room for work/personal life balance. They expect you to put in extra hours if their revenue goals aren't met and exceeded.
Fast paced great enviroment
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), San AntonioJune 3, 2015
Pros: benefits package
Corporate dentistry, general practice. The dentists were all really great to work for and the office managers were very willing to work with me on anything. I consider many of my previous co-workers lifelong friends.
Does not care about employees or people
Office Lead (Former Employee), South CarolinaApril 30, 2015
Focus is totally on numbers and money, not on care and concern of patients and employees. Could be a great company if better training and quality care was provided
Zero Job Security, Money Hungry
Office Leader (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILApril 29, 2015
DentalOne Partners is definitely in it for the money, not patient care. I couldn't keep working there with a clear conscious. Management is up in the air; someone resigns every week.
Great Culture, Industry Leader, Patient and Employee Focused
Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great culture, industry leader, great management, patient focused
I have been with DentalOne Partners for almost 1 year now and have really enjoyed my experience thus far. The people and the patients are what make the company and it's culture so wonderful. While everyone works hard, we also have fun along the way with a work hard play hard culture. There is a lot of internal mobility and promotions in the practices. Many of our leaders started in the practice as a Patient Relations Coordinator or Dental Assistants and have been promoted into Office Leaders and Operations Managers over the years. Many people join the organization because they want to work for a good company where you can grow your career. There is tons of tenure at DentalOne Partners.

The Doctors are some of the best in the industry focused on providing exceptional patient care while taking patients from disease to health. Doctors work hard but also have a good work/life balance as they receive the support they need as part of the model to be successful. Doctors compensation is more lucrative DentalOne than in private practice or with competitors.

The executive leadership team is very visible and makes themselves available to listen to employees ideas, recommendations and challenges. They travel around the country visiting practices and meeting employees. It's evident they care about their employees, which is evident through their actions and company strategy.

I enjoy working at DentalOne Partner and am thankful to have found such a great company to develop and grow my professional career.
Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILMarch 3, 2015
A lot of changes in the office atmosphere. Corporate dentistry is not for everyone but it definitely is a great place to work
Organization and affliates unerstand that they cannot succeed without good people
Assistant (Current Employee), DallasFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: leadership, training and growth, the people
Cons: communication among practices can improve but working on that!
For the last several months, I have seen significant strides in both senior leadership and the staff to strive toward a common goal to be the best DSO in the country. There have been roadblocks and there have been success stories that increase my faith that what everyone is doing has purpose and reflects something more than the bottom line. The dental industry is constantly changing but it is great to know that I have worked for an organization that changes with it for the better.

I have been treated with respect from the moment they reached out to hire me. The staffing team made this an enjoyable experience in a normally stressfull process of being in the job market. You learn a lot about a company how they treat everyone from the beginning.
Team Oriented and Great Place to Work
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great people to work with and management.
Cons: they are really strict with the customer service standards
There is never a dull day. I have been with the company for 2 years and I really enjoy the people I work with. The hardest part of my job is the busyness but everyone joins in to help each other. I also like that they promote from within.
Comfortable family enviroment
Office Leader (Former Employee), West Dundee, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: secure position, corpoate level support
Cons: comensation, benefits
I have been with this company for 17 years. I enjoy coming to work everyday with my team. I feel like they are an extention of my own family.
fun work envirnment
Orthodontic/Office Manager (Current Employee), crystal lake ilFebruary 16, 2015
Fun ever changing work environment, benefits, flexible hours, continuing education. good working environment, manager
Fast pace, wear your skates!
RDH (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: free ce
Cons: turn over, short appts
It takes a great team to make it work. Very fast pace and once we lost our second hygienist, we just couldn't keep up the same pace anymore. It's all about the numbers and what the corporations bottom line. Management tends to always be going to training leaving the office short handed. Lots of free CE courses.
Good place to work with balance
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee), Independence, OHDecember 2, 2014
Pros: environment
Greatest part of the company is the people. Plenty of room for growth and expanding your area of influence.
WORST work experience EVER!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), IllinoisOctober 7, 2014
Pros: i got a paycheck
Cons: these people are crooks and could care less
This company does not care about the patients or their employees. All they care about is money. Truly sad when you find out that Doctors are lying about work that needs to be done and then forcing the people into paying with Care Credit. Very poorly managed company. THe doctors lie then they eant you to go in and lie all over again to get the patient to sign a contract. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! One of the dentists at the place I used to work actualy told one of the patients "well thats fine if you don't want to get the work done, you can just look like a chipmunk your whole life". Never had time to eat lunch never had time to go to the bathroom. Never once did I LEave at the time I was supposed to when I was the closer, the manager would leave and go home and leave me there while the dentist was racing around trying to work on 3 people at the same time. Many times the office closed at 6 and I sat there until 9 PM. No lunch and no dinner. Not quite the right way to loose weight. Oh and lets not forget being accused of job abdonment when I left due to a family emergency.
professional
Lead Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas TexasJuly 15, 2014
Professional environment fast pace at times. Staying late some evenings is the hardest part of the job.
Great office staff and great clinical staff at my office.
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston,TXJune 18, 2014
OK SO FAR!! The hardest part of the job is trying to get people to come in when the schedule is not full but other than that once you are paired with the right people the atmosphere and the job is great.
Have witnessed a company's morals fade.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), DFWJune 14, 2014
Pros: weight loss due to no time for lunch, helping economically challenged patients by absorbing their bad debts out of your pay check.
Cons: having to buy depends because there's no time for bathroom breaks.
After 10+ years working as a dental hygienist with this company, I left with a heavy heart because many patients had become friends and I couldn't give them the quality of care they were accustomed to anymore. When I started with the company we were asked to pass around a book calked "the Servant". I embraced this and was able to treat my patients with excellent care and respect as I was accustomed. We had a good office manager (team leader) who had an open door policy and co-workers with a good attitude. Unfortunately, as the company merged and grew they developed an
"assembly line" manner with templates for our schedules constantly changing making patients and staff more and more exasperated. I was put on an accelerated hygiene schedule with an assistant only to have her taken away and my schedule still in accelerated mode.
Hygienists were all put on a new pay scale based on our net production ( the amount of two weeks gross production minus all insurance adjustments and Bad Debts of patients we saw as the producer at Any time that showed up electronically during this time).
The base changed to $20/hr. if you didn't make the 1st tier of production. Of course, the adjustments made this near impossible. You can witness this as the multiple jobs posted now for Dental One due to hygienists fleeing this ridiculous scenario. If you can tolerate a "sweat shop" atmosphere, this is the place for you!
Loved my patiens and the people I worked with
dental asst. (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2014
The company really only cares about money not the patients nor employees,
All smiles!!!!
Insurance Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Independence, OHMarch 19, 2014
Pros: having flexibility to work from home.
Cons: micromanagement at its worse.
DentalOne Partners is one of the nation’s largest dental service management organizations, supporting more than 160 affiliated dental practices with 312 affiliated doctors in 14 states. We support both branded (DentalWorks) and non-branded practice models through our expertise in facilities planning and development, marketing, practice management, home office services and expert training. We are committed to expanding our market footprint through start-up practices as well as organic practice growth, while also focusing on clinical and leadership development. With our administrative capabilities and operational efficiencies keeping the practice running smoothly, dentists have more time to focus on their patients' care and other important things in life.
N/A
Lead Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2014
Nice company to work for. Friendly patients and staff...... I'm looking for more of a challenge and advancement.
Too much corporate involvement with under qualified managment
Certified assistant (Former Employee), Medina ohioNovember 14, 2013
This company hires people that have no dental background what so ever that are supposed to run an office. Patient care goes down and meeting goals becomes the priority. This thought process makes the employees frustrated and that interferes with the attitude of the entire practice and quality of care. Not to mention the doctors have to learn to work at an extremely fast pace to keep up with flow. It's like an assembly line and they pop in to each room with barely enough time to establish any doctor patient relationship. Less time with patients you can fit more into your schedule which makes more $$$. As a certified asst. I went home exhausted because I had to work 12 he shifts that involved fast pace work and I never had enough time to catch up with cleaning or other chores. Then I had to stay an extra hour after the patients left to do what wasn't able to get done during the day. It's not fair to employees or the patients. They take all the personability out of job. Better off working for a private practice, that's what I did after 1 1-2 years.

About DentalOne Partners

DentalOne Partners is one of the nation’s largest and most progressive dental service management organizations, supporting – Read more

DentalOne Partners Salaries