DentalOne Partners Employee Reviews

Zero respect, ethics, and management
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2018
15 years an employee and they decide to slash the hygienist's hourly wage. What company doesn't value the person that makes them their profits? This unethical, poor management kind of establishment called Dentalworks. Instead they praise numbers in a book instead of patient's quality of care and health. There is a huge lack of consistency also. Teamwork and products are never top priority. Icing on the cake is the lack of any manager in office or upper management to even contact. This company is completely unorganized and devalues the employees that actually work hard to preform and deliver top quality health care to patients.
January 18, 2018

Granted, the new compensation plan based on production was a change for many, but we've seen our team realize gains in their overall compensation. A lack of organization is certainly not something we want to hear, I appreciate the insight & assure you we take this seriously.

Delightful Experience
Revenue Cycle Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 13, 2017
Dentalone Partners was a great place to work & the staff was great as-well. Mgmt has a high turn over & positions were frequently changing as-well as management. However everyone worked hard & well together.
Pros
Team players
Cons
turnovers
Former employee
Orthodontist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
If you like to be lied to about your pay or hours this is the place for you. Was told that it was a full time job until I received a schedule and you are only scheduled to work two to three days a week and help oyt in general when needed. Was told you would get reimbursed for mileage/ tolls and it takes months to get. ( still haven’t received four of my checks). This is by far the first company that I have worked for that I regret living my last job for. Ask plenty of questions and ask for schedules before accepting a job offer from them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else
poor work-life balance
Operations Leader / Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 24, 2017
poor management/leadership. poor work-life balance. entire executive team was replaced. constant executive transition leading to constant changes in direction for each team.
Fast paced
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 14, 2017
Very fast paced office. Doctors are very relaxed and go with the flow. Not very business savvy. Don’t have much control over staff. The staff pretty much do what they want. People call out all the time and no serious consequences. Staff sits around and nothing gets said to them.
Pros
Doctors are great.
Cons
Bad management
Would not recommend for employment.
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 12, 2017
Found management and administrative staff to be very unorganized, unwilling to help, and untruthful. It's important for Dentists to monitor financial production very closely to be paid properly and avoid unfair compensation or being cheated from money earned. Often felt like procedures and products were aggressively encouraged with primary interests in increasing revenue.
Fast-paced, competitive, caring
Dental Assistant /Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX and Universal City, TXOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed the competitive and fast-paced environment of working with DentalOne Partners. My co-workers and I became close knit like a family. There was always opportunity to learn and grown in experience while working all areas of the office, from the dentist, hygienist, assistants, and front desk staff.
Excellent people to work with
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 26, 2017
I was lucky to work with exceptional people throughout my career at DentalOne. I learned so much from each of my direct reports that my career continued to excel through my tenor.
Pros
Great People, Ability to advance
Cons
Restructuring of Company
It's okay
Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2017
If you like the dental field you like it here. You will learn a lot .The software is out dated but they are getting a new one. They are doing a lot of new things with the company.
Dental hygienist
Dental HygienistDental hygienist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
Dental hygienist- be ready to overproduce! Extremely stressful on a daily basis Run the office managers into the ground. Little respect for both the hygienist and the DDS.
Run -don't consider working here!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 9, 2017
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK FOR A DENTAL ASSISTANT. Understaffed and will work you to the bone. I feel like a slave working here. The pay sucks you will make more money working at McDonald's. They tell you 1 thing when being hired then everything changes. They won't reconize your hard work and you won't get a raise. You will be scheduled to work till 5:30pm and because they don't schedule right and is understaffed you might leave by 7:30 pm because of all the mess you have to clean up at the end. Very unorganized and they don't want to change.
Pros
Cons
Many
Back stabing
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCAugust 5, 2017
Lots of taking advantage of patients. Always pushing unnecessary procedures. Never suggests the easy fix. Always wanted the most expensive even if the less expensive was a sufficient fix.
Worst job ever
Assistant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 2, 2017
You work through your lunch, poor pay with no raises, they constantly hang a bonus over your head every quarter, then when it comes time to get it - it never comes. Although the hygienist and the office manager get theirs. New Dentists with a huge egotistical attitude, no compassion for patients, production, production, production!
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Too many people telling you how to do your job, not enough doing their job.
You make the job what it is
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 10, 2017
This was a great place to work at one point. New management and CEO has came in and are changing things with out good communication skills. Dr Partners are amazing and are really helpful
Good experience
Dental billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 15, 2017
This was a very diverse place to work. Scheduling was very flexible and management was great. Would have liked more training than what was provided. Overall this was a good place to work.
June 1, 2017

Thank you for the objective and constructive feedback! Diversity is a core value for Dental One, to see it mentioned here is truly rewarding.
The training initiatives are being expanded and supplemented in 2017, with a plan to help us scale successfully alongside our rapid growth.

Dental Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2017
Great place to work with an excellent support infrastructure. Was provided plenty of work opportunities and had a strong compensation package. Gave you every opportunity to be successful.
Was provided with wonderful growth opportunities
Director of Market Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2017
The leadership has completely changed since I worked for Dental One Partners. However, during my time there, I was able to grow from a practice manager to a Director of Market Operations in 3 years. Through hard work, collaboration, and talented team members, were were able to provide extraordinary care for patients and increase services through specialties.
Pros
Growth and partnership
Cons
na
June 1, 2017

As you noted, the senior leadership has been completely overhauled in the last couple years; the C-Suite and Executive team we have in place now is different, but tremendously talented.
Love to see you mention your rise through the ranks, that's a success story we would always like to replicate! Thank you for your 3 years! If you have any other comments or feedback, email me directly! john.whitaker@dentalonepartners.com

Billing department sucks
Patient (Former Employee) –  Westgrove dental Carrolton txApril 12, 2017
Billing department is like a big deep dark black hole.
They don't care to get the numbers right.
Don't go there as a patient, unless you want to risk your credit score if they send you a zero balance bill, then next day send off a bill to a credit collection company. They are pathetic.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////://////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Corporate doesn't care.
The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Billing sucks
Pros
Hygienists & dentist are good.
Cons
Billing department can't do the math.
May 29, 2017

It has been challenging to implement new software while keeping our billing error-free, but I do know the individuals in our billing department to be extremely hard-working and committed to a goal of providing great service. Unfortunate that your experience was not a positive one.

Fantastic, Innovative Culture!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 10, 2017
This is a growing company that has been through some management changes, resulting in new, innovative ideas and a fun, cohesive culture. There have definitely been a lot of changes, but all changes for the better! I am happy to have found a home at DentalOne Partners!
Competitive compensation. Great training.
Community Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2017
Management was enthusiastic. The role I held was a pilot position that was phased out. The home office is out of Texas so I worked remotely. Training was very thorough and compensation and bonus structure were fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DentalOne Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6