DentalOne Partners Employee Reviews in United States

Not my favorite dental job...extremely stressful
Office Leader (Current Employee) –  NCFebruary 25, 2016
DentalOne Partners is a management company based out of Ohio. There's a lot of hoops to jump through and red tape to get anything accomplished.

Also, they continue to downsize the corporate offices, resulting in more work being dumped in the laps of the office leaders and SLO's.

This company is ok if you are a clinical employee...not so much for admin or middle management.
Pros
Salary is competitive
Cons
Constantly making changes to software, company dictates how treatment is to be presented and financially arranged, cost estimates are almost always wrong-resulting in angry patients.
Unethical Organization
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 29, 2016
Efforts by management to paint a false reputation of company by ordering employees to rate company highly on web sites such as Glass-door, et. el. Additionally, management pressures sites such as Glass-door to pull down negative reviews, regardless of authenticity of the reviews.

Double standards for employees: Favored employees are not held to the same process standards as other, less-favored employees.

Disingenuous business practices: Management makes a habit of playing practice owner groups off each other by telling one group another group is supportive of initiatives, even when that is false.

Placing directors and managers in place who have little to know practical experience directing/managing dept.

Lack of respect by directors to field staff, speaking to them in condescending tones, as if field staff are personal servants to directors. I was told on more than one occasion by my director to 'watch my tone when speaking to my superior' for disagreeing with my superiors condescending statements.

Lack of engagement by directors-directors are placed in supervisory roles and spend little time supporting the territories. Additionally, they dismiss and often scorn advice from field support staff.

I can add more cons-the issue is a completely dysfunctional executive committee.

Turnover is over 100% over the last year alone.

In the recruiting division, turnover has been 150% over the last year. In 3+ years, the recruiting division has had 3 different directors, in addition to going for a 6 month period with no director.
Pros
Competitive Comp.
Cons
Weak benefits, Incompetent leadership and directors, same as above
Unstable work enviroment
Office Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2016
Constant turnover at all levels in organization. Management and doctors in company lack professionalism.
Good salary and benefits.
Would not recommend staying more than a yr or two
Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 12, 2016
The benefits were great with bonuses. Management was poor but the main doctor was great. Very stressful and overwhelming. Drama was a big deal in the office. There was no personal experience with patients and they keep pushing for production and when you can't get the patients to agree the managers/ home office makes you look like you don't do your job correctly.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, flexible, training
Cons
No personal experience with patients, poor judgment, management, no one is ever there to help (manager wise)
Fabulous place to work!
Provider Template Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2016
Great work enviroment, even better people and amazing benefits, i would highly recommend anyone working for this company
Poor working environment! No job security . Only interested in numbers.
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 17, 2016
Only interested in production. That means get as much out from patient as possible! And treat staff with no respect.
No job security. Untrained managers and doctors with little experience .
No team work. Poor judgement.
Pros
No pros!!!
Cons
No culture, no team work, inexperienced doctors and managers
productive work invorenment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 27, 2015
Outstanding team with a great family-like atmosphere.
While the overall compensation package is good, overall, the pay is not quite as competitive as it could be compared to other similar positions on the market.
Only care about the almighty dollar.
PCR (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 12, 2015
I did not work at DentalWorks for a very long time, but long enough to know that they are all about who they can schedule for what. If a doctor's schedule changes, they are out there looking to see who needs what done. And as someone mentioned below - they like to push that Care Credit. A lot of those who like there job on these reviews, are not working at the dentist office, but in an office - must be a different work environment. The training I got, was between answering the phones, checking people in and out, making appts and taking payments. Not a great way to learn your job.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
all about the money, not great management
Registered Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHApril 19, 2016
Not enough time with patients.

Not valued as a professional.

Teamwork was not always being done.

Everyone has their own agenda.
Pros
Cons
not enough time with patients
Great balance between personal and work life.
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Management was great. Family environment. After a year of working here I realized there was little growth opportunities. The people I worked with were like family. Personally, the work was not challenging enough.
Great Culture, Industry Leader, Patient and Employee Focused
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
I have been with DentalOne Partners for almost 1 year now and have really enjoyed my experience thus far. The people and the patients are what make the company and it's culture so wonderful. While everyone works hard, we also have fun along the way with a work hard play hard culture. There is a lot of internal mobility and promotions in the practices. Many of our leaders started in the practice as a Patient Relations Coordinator or Dental Assistants and have been promoted into Office Leaders and Operations Managers over the years. Many people join the organization because they want to work for a good company where you can grow your career. There is tons of tenure at DentalOne Partners.

The Doctors are some of the best in the industry focused on providing exceptional patient care while taking patients from disease to health. Doctors work hard but also have a good work/life balance as they receive the support they need as part of the model to be successful. Doctors compensation is more lucrative DentalOne than in private practice or with competitors.

The executive leadership team is very visible and makes themselves available to listen to employees ideas, recommendations and challenges. They travel around the country visiting practices and meeting employees. It's evident they care about their employees, which is evident through their actions and company strategy.

I enjoy working at DentalOne Partner and am thankful to have found such a great company to develop and grow my professional career.
Pros
great culture, industry leader, great management, patient focused
Fast paced great enviroment
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 3, 2015
Corporate dentistry, general practice. The dentists were all really great to work for and the office managers were very willing to work with me on anything. I consider many of my previous co-workers lifelong friends.
Pros
benefits package
Good company
Template Specialist- Provider Schedules (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
Good company to work for. Fun working environment. Nice, friendly people. This is a national company with a growing positive reputation. Lots of hardworking individuals getting the job done. Promote from within.
Team Oriented and Great Place to Work
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioFebruary 23, 2015
There is never a dull day. I have been with the company for 2 years and I really enjoy the people I work with. The hardest part of my job is the busyness but everyone joins in to help each other. I also like that they promote from within.
Pros
great people to work with and management.
Cons
they are really strict with the customer service standards
All smiles!!!!
Insurance Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 19, 2014
DentalOne Partners is one of the nation’s largest dental service management organizations, supporting more than 160 affiliated dental practices with 312 affiliated doctors in 14 states. We support both branded (DentalWorks) and non-branded practice models through our expertise in facilities planning and development, marketing, practice management, home office services and expert training. We are committed to expanding our market footprint through start-up practices as well as organic practice growth, while also focusing on clinical and leadership development. With our administrative capabilities and operational efficiencies keeping the practice running smoothly, dentists have more time to focus on their patients' care and other important things in life.
Pros
having flexibility to work from home.
Cons
micromanagement at its worse.
Dental assembly line
Dental assistant / treatment coordinator (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 10, 2013
I worked for the company when it was Sears Dental, as an assistant and treatment coordinator. All i have to say is stay away. This place only cares about the bottom line and meeting theirs goals. The managers encourage this because they get a bonus. Doctors & staff are like a revolving door because the work enviornment & pay are horrible. Long hours with 15-20 min lunches (if at all) and no breaks. Manager would alter time clocks to prevent over time. ( illegal, by the way.) Work and scheduled overloaded, with walk in patients at any time. Doctors are paid by how much they produce in a day, so often treatment is exaggerated, or downright unethical. Then you have 3-4 people at a time, they do sub par treatment and move on to the next. There were a few docs there that did excellent work, but they dont stay because its an horrible place to work, and they are easily overwhelmed. Two words, stay away! Keep your sanity.
Pros
good training program
Cons
everything
Zero Job Security, Money Hungry
Office Leader (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 29, 2015
DentalOne Partners is definitely in it for the money, not patient care. I couldn't keep working there with a clear conscious. Management is up in the air; someone resigns every week.
Comfortable family enviroment
Office Leader (Former Employee) –  West Dundee, ILFebruary 23, 2015
I have been with this company for 17 years. I enjoy coming to work everyday with my team. I feel like they are an extention of my own family.
Pros
secure position, corpoate level support
Cons
comensation, benefits
fun work envirnment
Orthodontic/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  crystal lake ilFebruary 16, 2015
Fun ever changing work environment, benefits, flexible hours, continuing education. good working environment, manager
Organization and affliates unerstand that they cannot succeed without good people
Assistant (Current Employee) –  DallasFebruary 25, 2015
For the last several months, I have seen significant strides in both senior leadership and the staff to strive toward a common goal to be the best DSO in the country. There have been roadblocks and there have been success stories that increase my faith that what everyone is doing has purpose and reflects something more than the bottom line. The dental industry is constantly changing but it is great to know that I have worked for an organization that changes with it for the better.

I have been treated with respect from the moment they reached out to hire me. The staffing team made this an enjoyable experience in a normally stressfull process of being in the job market. You learn a lot about a company how they treat everyone from the beginning.
Pros
leadership, training and growth, the people
Cons
communication among practices can improve but working on that!

2.9