DentalOne Partners Employee Reviews

Great balance between personal and work life.
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Management was great. Family environment. After a year of working here I realized there was little growth opportunities. The people I worked with were like family. Personally, the work was not challenging enough.
Good company
Template Specialist- Provider Schedules (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
Good company to work for. Fun working environment. Nice, friendly people. This is a national company with a growing positive reputation. Lots of hardworking individuals getting the job done. Promote from within.
Only care about the almighty dollar.
PCR (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 12, 2015
I did not work at DentalWorks for a very long time, but long enough to know that they are all about who they can schedule for what. If a doctor's schedule changes, they are out there looking to see who needs what done. And as someone mentioned below - they like to push that Care Credit. A lot of those who like there job on these reviews, are not working at the dentist office, but in an office - must be a different work environment. The training I got, was between answering the phones, checking people in and out, making appts and taking payments. Not a great way to learn your job.
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
all about the money, not great management
All about the dollar
Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 5, 2015
Company does not care about employees or patients. Very disturbing. Could be a great company, but all about the numbers.
Micromanaged environment
Office Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 6, 2015
I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge in this position but it is a sales driven environment that is micromanaged on a daily basis. There is little room for work/personal life balance. They expect you to put in extra hours if their revenue goals aren't met and exceeded.
Fast paced great enviroment
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJune 3, 2015
Corporate dentistry, general practice. The dentists were all really great to work for and the office managers were very willing to work with me on anything. I consider many of my previous co-workers lifelong friends.
Pros
benefits package
Does not care about employees or people
Office Lead (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 30, 2015
Focus is totally on numbers and money, not on care and concern of patients and employees. Could be a great company if better training and quality care was provided
Zero Job Security, Money Hungry
Office Leader (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 29, 2015
DentalOne Partners is definitely in it for the money, not patient care. I couldn't keep working there with a clear conscious. Management is up in the air; someone resigns every week.
Great Culture, Industry Leader, Patient and Employee Focused
Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
I have been with DentalOne Partners for almost 1 year now and have really enjoyed my experience thus far. The people and the patients are what make the company and it's culture so wonderful. While everyone works hard, we also have fun along the way with a work hard play hard culture. There is a lot of internal mobility and promotions in the practices. Many of our leaders started in the practice as a Patient Relations Coordinator or Dental Assistants and have been promoted into Office Leaders and Operations Managers over the years. Many people join the organization because they want to work for a good company where you can grow your career. There is tons of tenure at DentalOne Partners.

The Doctors are some of the best in the industry focused on providing exceptional patient care while taking patients from disease to health. Doctors work hard but also have a good work/life balance as they receive the support they need as part of the model to be successful. Doctors compensation is more lucrative DentalOne than in private practice or with competitors.

The executive leadership team is very visible and makes themselves available to listen to employees ideas, recommendations and challenges. They travel around the country visiting practices and meeting employees. It's evident they care about their employees, which is evident through their actions and company strategy.

I enjoy working at DentalOne Partner and am thankful to have found such a great company to develop and grow my professional career.
Pros
great culture, industry leader, great management, patient focused
Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMarch 3, 2015
A lot of changes in the office atmosphere. Corporate dentistry is not for everyone but it definitely is a great place to work

Want to know more about DentalOne Partners?

Ask a question
Organization and affliates unerstand that they cannot succeed without good people
Assistant (Current Employee) –  DallasFebruary 25, 2015
For the last several months, I have seen significant strides in both senior leadership and the staff to strive toward a common goal to be the best DSO in the country. There have been roadblocks and there have been success stories that increase my faith that what everyone is doing has purpose and reflects something more than the bottom line. The dental industry is constantly changing but it is great to know that I have worked for an organization that changes with it for the better.

I have been treated with respect from the moment they reached out to hire me. The staffing team made this an enjoyable experience in a normally stressfull process of being in the job market. You learn a lot about a company how they treat everyone from the beginning.
Pros
leadership, training and growth, the people
Cons
communication among practices can improve but working on that!
Team Oriented and Great Place to Work
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioFebruary 23, 2015
There is never a dull day. I have been with the company for 2 years and I really enjoy the people I work with. The hardest part of my job is the busyness but everyone joins in to help each other. I also like that they promote from within.
Pros
great people to work with and management.
Cons
they are really strict with the customer service standards
Comfortable family enviroment
Office Leader (Former Employee) –  West Dundee, ILFebruary 23, 2015
I have been with this company for 17 years. I enjoy coming to work everyday with my team. I feel like they are an extention of my own family.
Pros
secure position, corpoate level support
Cons
comensation, benefits
fun work envirnment
Orthodontic/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  crystal lake ilFebruary 16, 2015
Fun ever changing work environment, benefits, flexible hours, continuing education. good working environment, manager
Fast pace, wear your skates!
RDH (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXDecember 17, 2014
It takes a great team to make it work. Very fast pace and once we lost our second hygienist, we just couldn't keep up the same pace anymore. It's all about the numbers and what the corporations bottom line. Management tends to always be going to training leaving the office short handed. Lots of free CE courses.
Pros
free ce
Cons
turn over, short appts
Good place to work with balance
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 2, 2014
Greatest part of the company is the people. Plenty of room for growth and expanding your area of influence.
Pros
environment
WORST work experience EVER!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 7, 2014
This company does not care about the patients or their employees. All they care about is money. Truly sad when you find out that Doctors are lying about work that needs to be done and then forcing the people into paying with Care Credit. Very poorly managed company. THe doctors lie then they eant you to go in and lie all over again to get the patient to sign a contract. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! One of the dentists at the place I used to work actualy told one of the patients "well thats fine if you don't want to get the work done, you can just look like a chipmunk your whole life". Never had time to eat lunch never had time to go to the bathroom. Never once did I LEave at the time I was supposed to when I was the closer, the manager would leave and go home and leave me there while the dentist was racing around trying to work on 3 people at the same time. Many times the office closed at 6 and I sat there until 9 PM. No lunch and no dinner. Not quite the right way to loose weight. Oh and lets not forget being accused of job abdonment when I left due to a family emergency.
Pros
i got a paycheck
Cons
these people are crooks and could care less
professional
Lead Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJuly 15, 2014
Professional environment fast pace at times. Staying late some evenings is the hardest part of the job.
Great office staff and great clinical staff at my office.
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston,TXJune 18, 2014
OK SO FAR!! The hardest part of the job is trying to get people to come in when the schedule is not full but other than that once you are paired with the right people the atmosphere and the job is great.
Have witnessed a company's morals fade.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  DFWJune 14, 2014
After 10+ years working as a dental hygienist with this company, I left with a heavy heart because many patients had become friends and I couldn't give them the quality of care they were accustomed to anymore. When I started with the company we were asked to pass around a book calked "the Servant". I embraced this and was able to treat my patients with excellent care and respect as I was accustomed. We had a good office manager (team leader) who had an open door policy and co-workers with a good attitude. Unfortunately, as the company merged and grew they developed an
"assembly line" manner with templates for our schedules constantly changing making patients and staff more and more exasperated. I was put on an accelerated hygiene schedule with an assistant only to have her taken away and my schedule still in accelerated mode.
Hygienists were all put on a new pay scale based on our net production ( the amount of two weeks gross production minus all insurance adjustments and Bad Debts of patients we saw as the producer at Any time that showed up electronically during this time).
The base changed to $20/hr. if you didn't make the 1st tier of production. Of course, the adjustments made this near impossible. You can witness this as the multiple jobs posted now for Dental One due to hygienists fleeing this ridiculous scenario. If you can tolerate a "sweat shop" atmosphere, this is the place for you!
Pros
weight loss due to no time for lunch, helping economically challenged patients by absorbing their bad debts out of your pay check.
Cons
having to buy depends because there's no time for bathroom breaks.