DENTALWORKS Employee Reviews

Just another corporate scam since the merge of DentalOne and DentalWorks
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 20, 2017
Reading the past reviews, they are spot on about everything! Poor management, pay cuts, encourage negative ethics for the sake of production numbers, and lack of consistency. The only positive is the specific DDS I work for, optional benefits, and flexibility of scheduling
productive and fun workplace
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
I've learned a lot working with this company especially when it came to infection control. I learned how to work in quick pace environment. I enjoyed the patients because it was a fun experience
Pros
one week paid vacations
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great place to be an associate
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 24, 2017
Very happy to have worked here! excellent experience with employer, staff, patients. Doctors are treated with respect and are allowed to treat patients as they deem most appropriate.
Horrible!
Hygiene Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 22, 2017
Typical Corporate office, you work hard, never enough and no appreciation! Nothing enjoyable, stressful, poor management from Corporate to dentist! favoritism is horrible, working there is like an abusive relationship!
Pros
Cons
drama and no support or changes
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 19, 2017
Working with a staff that is very productive. Production produce hours and money, The most enjoyable part of this job would be Lunch when able to get one. The patients are very kind even the one's that are not able to speak English very Well.
Pros
not having a full work schedule
Cons
short break, short paycheck
love this job
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2017
I love this job, the office manager was awesome the staff was great. I would have stayed there for life, but unfortunately the office closed down.
Pros
awesome work place
Cons
it closed down
Wonderful orginization
Office Leader/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 25, 2016
This organization taught me more about management and growing a business and was very eye opening to the dental field and the challenges of good dental care and working with insurance companies.
A day at DentalWorks
Dental/Hygiene Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 23, 2016
I usually get to work about 40 minutes before we start bringing patients in to open the rooms, review the day, autoclave instruments that were not done yesterday, and make sure all the rooms have a full bottle of water. We do huddle at around 7:40 am but sometimes it is late or we don't have it. We go through the day, most of the time it gets very unorganized and stressful because communication gets lost about mid-morning. Our busiest is about 11 am just before lunch at 1 pm, right before lunch I try to clean and put away clean instruments and autoclave the things that we need for the rest of the day. We start back with seating patients again at 2 pm, usually the rest of the day is smooth sailing unless it is a Thursday. We are closed on Friday's, which I would prefer to work on Friday's but I do not think it is in our budget since we are owned by a company. I have some of the best coworkers since I have been employed by this office, I have been very grateful to work with this staff the past three years and it is my most enjoyable part of my job including helping and caring for patients. The hardest part of the job is what is happening right now, my hours have been cut. For me personally, this past summer has been quite difficult for me. I am trying to get back on my feet and I need a full time job to do so.

I have learned a lot about how a dental office works. In the future I would love to become an office manager because I am a very organized and understanding person; as well as being malleable, strategic, friendly, and also having a lot of working knowledge of all sides
  more... of a dental office.  less
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, friendly staff, close to home, providing uniforms
Cons
PTO time is not enough, temporary staffing is difficult to find, open four days a week
I loved the thrill of helping patients with their dental needs. We had a great clinical and office team.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2016
Compiling patient charts and looking for general dentistry and hygiene work to be completed during daily morning meetings. Treating patients and developing hygiene treatment plans. I used Velsope and Visilite oral cancer screening. I learned how to keep my schedule full. The hardest part of the job was talking about financing with patients that were on a limited budget. The management at the office worked really well with clinical and supported the decisions made by the dentists and hygienists. The most enjoyable part of my job was it did not feel like work. I love what I do. I loved seeing my patients returning after regular prophys and SRPs and seeing a big difference in their home care.
Pros
Pot Lucks, Holiday Parties, teamwork
Cons
sometimes working through lunch to complete care for patients
3 days a week
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 18, 2015
Ar DentalWorks, you only work 3 (sometimes 4, Saturdays) days and ALWAYS have time to still spend with the family. They are open 7am-7pm and concider working 32 hrs as full time. Great benefits.
Great learning experiance working with wonderful people and clients
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHMarch 11, 2015
I would check patients in for appointments. Make sure all paperwork was filled out correctly and was up to date. Verify insurance and submit needed paperwork. Confirm and schedule appointments. Pull and file charts. Working with numerous doctors daily. Answering a multiple line phone. I enjoyed working there.
Fun workplace with positive employees
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIFebruary 19, 2015
A typical work day consisted of verifying dental insurances, coordinating patient scheduling and appointments, medical billing and coding, and delivering treatment plans and financing to patients. I learned the dental side of the medical field and great knowledge of dental treatment plans along with guiding patients in medical emergencies.The hardest part of the job was seeing patients not complete necessary medical treatment due to financial difficulties. The most enjoyable part of the job was the personal face to face everyday communications with the patients and developing great customer relations.
Pros
Free/discounted dental care
don;t work there
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILJanuary 16, 2014
they don't pay you enough money and work you to death. long hours and short pay.
Great Office Leader
Patient Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 2, 2013
I came from an office with a great office leader and some great clinical staff. Unfortunately, half of the administrative staff was straight out of high school. There was a lot of caddiness among the younger staff members that took attention away from the job. Pay was below expectation.
Pros
Great dentists
Cons
hired teenagers to work the administrative office
quite an experience that I soon will forget!
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 25, 2013
I'm glad that I had the opportunity to work at DentalWorks and just see how many unorganized, disagreeable employees work there. I know that I will appreciate any job that I have from now on, just because I won't have to step foot inside another DentalWorks office.
A day at Dentalworks
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton OhioNovember 12, 2013
A typical day at work for me is fun and love seeing my coworkers and established patients. Very fun and silly work enviroment that helps the day go by with a breeze. We get our job done and put smiles on faces of others ..patients and staff. We are a very warm and create a very welcoming atmosphere. When I walk into Dentalworks, I feel as if I'm walking into my second home.
Pros
free dental, guaranteed 36 too 40 hours a week
Cons
healthcare is not that great
A nice place to work, but I am looking for a career that I love and can do for the rest of my life.
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 5, 2013
DentalWorks is a nice job to have, but I want to be able to have growth and opportunity to make something more for myself.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Healthcare, management
Good company depending on position
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Somewhere, OHMay 13, 2013
DentalWorks is a good company overall but the positions in the offices require working late nights and weekends. It gets so busy lots of times that you may not get a lunch and have to take 5 min to suck down some food between patients. Upper management are all focused on sales and production and have lost sight of caring for patients. The pay for the amount of work required is low. This job is best for someone straight out of school with a flexible family schedule.
Pros
Dental benefit, experienced doctors, corporate support
Cons
Health benefits are expensive and awful, hours are late and long, management only cares about production, no structured training for new hires
Productive atmosphere
Patient Relations Coordinator/ Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHFebruary 14, 2013
DentalWorks has a staff that will inform you of every detail you need to keep your smile healthy. With their flexible hours of operation, you are sure to schedule an appointment convenient of your schedule.
I am there for the dental care of our patients
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hts, OHFebruary 5, 2013
We start our day with a morning huddy and then the team work begins. We see on a daily bases 20 patients and sometimes more a day. I am very dependable and very concerned for patients care (dental care) for their health and long term dental care. I have always been a team player and the day may sometime be hard, but I know that I have helped in the oral care for a patient to save and restore their teeth.
Pros
helping people with the care of understanding oral care
Cons
i really don"t have any cons