Denton ISD

Denton ISD Employee Reviews

Denton ISD
Substitute Teacher Speech (Former Employee), Denton, TXMarch 17, 2015
I loved working at Denton ISD as a paraprofessional. A typical day is not typical. Anything can happen in the learning arena. I learned all of my SPED training thanks to the SPED teachers who are extremely knowledgeable in this area and were willing to teach me about it. Their teachers are the best. They teach to the child! That is not to say that they didn't teach the importance of tests, but each student knows that they are important and worth the best of education. My management was superb as were the teachers.
Nice co-workers
1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Denton, TxFebruary 5, 2015
Nice co-workers. difficult to advance to leadership roles unless you know or are married to someone inleadership. Decent compensation and benefits.
Good People...
Assistant Principal (Current Employee), Denton, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Denton ISD is going through the small town to big city growing pains. Central Admin is a little out of control. Canpus level admin is great. Big disconnect between the two.
Instructive and rewarding position teaching and volunteering.
Substitute Educator (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: use my degrees & helped educate others.
Cons: short breaks, low budget
Teaching is one of the most rewarding experiences. I learned to create lessons, teach english as a second language and increase the learning curve of my students while working in a team setting with other teachers. The most enjoyable part of working for Denton Independent School District 4-County Co-op English as a Second Language Program was working with my co-workers and students to help my students achieve their goals. The hardest part was sometimes re-directing my teaching methods so that they were tailored to that semesters class so that my students benefited the most.
enjoyable place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: meeting students and parents
Cons: benefits and wages not that great
I helped out when needed at the front desk and checked students in when tardy. I learned how the school functions. I enjoyed my time there and all my co-workers were friendly and very fun to be around.
Great School District to learn and advance educational career.
Counseling,Special Education, Coordinator (Former Employee), Denton, TXSeptember 12, 2013
This position presented me with opportunities to grow in my career through interaction with professional staff, creative students, and an emphasis on strong organizational skills and testing requirements.
Denton ISD is a wonderful place to work and learn.
Teacher (Current Employee), Denton, TexasJune 10, 2013
Pros: denton isd takes care of their students and teachers.
Cons: students are unable to receive some needed interventions due to budget restraints.
This district works hard to educate all students with the best teachers and programs available. This is difficult within the confines of State and Federal Funding, but they are doing a nice job.
I love to work hard
Sign Language Interpreter Substitute (Current Employee), Denton, Texas, USAFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part about working at any of my previous jobs I was able to meet new people. Another thing that I enjoyed was that I learned how to use Microsoft Office and organizing. I also enjoyed learning and working with my co-workers.
Excellent place to work.
Educational Diagnostician (Former Employee), Denton, TXNovember 27, 2012
Pros: strong special education department
Cons: caring more about the individual learning than they do
A typical day at work would consist of working as part of a team to develop IEPs based on individual needs and evaluation results, administering and interpreting intellectual, achievement, and other assessments or instruments as deemed appropriate, and serving the role as an ARD facilitator running all my meetings. I learned all of the above and more, such as being proficient with computer programs. My co-workers and supervisors were very supportive and always welcoming. The hardest part of the job was having to inform the parent, for the first time, that their child meets state and federal eligibility requirements as a student with mental retardation. Working as part of a team to develop the best plan for an individual was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Teach children from pre-k on up to 12th grade.
Substitute teacher (Former Employee), Denton, TXJune 12, 2012
Pros: i get to see the children i love being around.
Cons: short lunch time.
A typical day at work for me when I am working as a substitute for Denton ISD is the smiles and hugs I receive from the children I am teaching and also from the students I have taught in the past.

Needless to say I spend the whole day, each and every day with a smile on my face. I have definitely learned a lot of patience especially with the little ones. Teachers I work with are always so helpful and always asking me to come back because they know their students like me and trust me to teach them.

There are no hard parts to my job. I love to teach. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending the day with these children. I miss them during the summer.
Touching and Changing lives one at a time
Inclusion Aide (Current Employee), Denton, TXApril 5, 2012
Pros: helping children succeed in advance with learning
Cons: long hours, low pay and high expectations
A typical work day includes me floating from one class to another aiding and assisting any modified students and other students as well. To make sure the teacher has efficient help and not over whelmed for a smooth learning environment.