Denton ISD

Denton ISD Employer Reviews

Denton ISD is a wonderful place to work and learn.
Teacher (Current Employee), Denton, TexasJune 10, 2013
Pros: denton isd takes care of their students and teachers.
Cons: students are unable to receive some needed interventions due to budget restraints.
This district works hard to educate all students with the best teachers and programs available. This is difficult within the confines of State and Federal Funding, but they are doing a nice job.
I love to work hard
Sign Language Interpreter Substitute (Current Employee), Denton, Texas, USAFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: learning
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part about working at any of my previous jobs I was able to meet new people. Another thing that I enjoyed was that I learned how to use Microsoft Office and organizing. I also enjoyed learning and working with my co-workers.
Excellent place to work.
Educational Diagnostician (Former Employee), Denton, TXNovember 27, 2012
Pros: strong special education department
Cons: caring more about the individual learning than they do
A typical day at work would consist of working as part of a team to develop IEPs based on individual needs and evaluation results, administering and interpreting intellectual, achievement, and other assessments or instruments as deemed appropriate, and serving the role as an ARD facilitator running all my meetings. I learned all of the above and more, – more... such as being proficient with computer programs. My co-workers and supervisors were very supportive and always welcoming. The hardest part of the job was having to inform the parent, for the first time, that their child meets state and federal eligibility requirements as a student with mental retardation. Working as part of a team to develop the best plan for an individual was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Teach children from pre-k on up to 12th grade.
Substitute teacher (Former Employee), Denton, TXJune 12, 2012
Pros: i get to see the children i love being around.
Cons: short lunch time.
A typical day at work for me when I am working as a substitute for Denton ISD is the smiles and hugs I receive from the children I am teaching and also from the students I have taught in the past.

Needless to say I spend the whole day, each and every day with a smile on my face. I have definitely learned a lot of patience especially with the little – more... ones. Teachers I work with are always so helpful and always asking me to come back because they know their students like me and trust me to teach them.

There are no hard parts to my job. I love to teach. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending the day with these children. I miss them during the summer. – less
Touching and Changing lives one at a time
Inclusion Aide (Current Employee), Denton, TXApril 5, 2012
Pros: helping children succeed in advance with learning
Cons: long hours, low pay and high expectations
A typical work day includes me floating from one class to another aiding and assisting any modified students and other students as well. To make sure the teacher has efficient help and not over whelmed for a smooth learning environment.