Denton ISD Employee Reviews

Great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 22, 2016
Very flexible, and very loving people. Everything is smooth running and amazing staff! The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the children!
Great place to work.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Teachers always were great at leaving lesson plans. The students were great working with. The teachers always made you feel comfortabel and always very helpful.
Do it your self spirit
SUBSITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 31, 2016
the denton isd has a great attitude and is very accepting of a substitute's life and responsibilities outside of work. Camilla is a very great go between. she is very fair.
Special Education, behavior class
Special Ed. Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 2, 2015
worked with children who were emotionally disturbed and with autism.

professional work environment

competitive pay

room for advancement

children could be violent
Pros
professional
Cons
dangerous at times
Worst school ever
Speech-Language Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Denton ISD speech lead is led by a person who has gotten there by pure seniority. She doesn't know how to lead horses to a trough. Worst leader I've ever run across. Couldn't make a decision to save her life. The principles at my school were equally awful. I would classify, as most my co-workers did, as bullies. Crying when you were called in for a meeting before you even got there, having anxiety attacks when you were in the room with them was the norm. They put me on a 'growth plan' when I was a CF - my first job out of college. I quit very soon after that.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
having to deal with the principal and AP
great learning enviroment
Extended School Day Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 22, 2016
Denton taught me a lot about how to be a role model for the younger generation. I learned how to create a fun and inviting environment for the children
Prefer serving in public school settings.
SLP/CCC (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 21, 2015
Raised our family here in Denton; great public school settings. Loved the students I served; arrived early each day while it was quiet in order to organize my day; opened new elementary school with Adela Nunez as our Principal : Tomas Rivera Elementary ; wonderful working and personal experience for me personally.
Pros
IB Schools
Cons
Healthcare
Denton ISD
Substitute Teacher Speech (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 17, 2015
I loved working at Denton ISD as a paraprofessional. A typical day is not typical. Anything can happen in the learning arena. I learned all of my SPED training thanks to the SPED teachers who are extremely knowledgeable in this area and were willing to teach me about it. Their teachers are the best. They teach to the child! That is not to say that they didn't teach the importance of tests, but each student knows that they are important and worth the best of education. My management was superb as were the teachers.
Positive attitude and loving atmosphere for children. Great parent involvement on my campus!
art teacher (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 10, 2015
Best part was teaching the children and working with their parents. Had to do a lot of paperwork, but that enhances your organizational skills.
Touching and Changing lives one at a time
Inclusion Aide (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 5, 2012
A typical work day includes me floating from one class to another aiding and assisting any modified students and other students as well. To make sure the teacher has efficient help and not over whelmed for a smooth learning environment.
Pros
helping children succeed in advance with learning
Cons
long hours, low pay and high expectations
Excellent place to work.
Educational Diagnostician (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 27, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of working as part of a team to develop IEPs based on individual needs and evaluation results, administering and interpreting intellectual, achievement, and other assessments or instruments as deemed appropriate, and serving the role as an ARD facilitator running all my meetings. I learned all of the above and more, such as being proficient with computer programs. My co-workers and supervisors were very supportive and always welcoming. The hardest part of the job was having to inform the parent, for the first time, that their child meets state and federal eligibility requirements as a student with mental retardation. Working as part of a team to develop the best plan for an individual was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
strong special education department
Cons
caring more about the individual learning than they do
Instructive and rewarding position teaching and volunteering.
Substitute Educator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 12, 2014
Teaching is one of the most rewarding experiences. I learned to create lessons, teach english as a second language and increase the learning curve of my students while working in a team setting with other teachers. The most enjoyable part of working for Denton Independent School District 4-County Co-op English as a Second Language Program was working with my co-workers and students to help my students achieve their goals. The hardest part was sometimes re-directing my teaching methods so that they were tailored to that semesters class so that my students benefited the most.
Pros
use my degrees & helped educate others.
Cons
short breaks, low budget
Great School District to learn and advance educational career.
Counseling,Special Education, Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 12, 2013
This position presented me with opportunities to grow in my career through interaction with professional staff, creative students, and an emphasis on strong organizational skills and testing requirements.
enjoyable place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 30, 2014
I helped out when needed at the front desk and checked students in when tardy. I learned how the school functions. I enjoyed my time there and all my co-workers were friendly and very fun to be around.
Pros
meeting students and parents
Cons
benefits and wages not that great
Teach children from pre-k on up to 12th grade.
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 12, 2012
A typical day at work for me when I am working as a substitute for Denton ISD is the smiles and hugs I receive from the children I am teaching and also from the students I have taught in the past.

Needless to say I spend the whole day, each and every day with a smile on my face. I have definitely learned a lot of patience especially with the little ones. Teachers I work with are always so helpful and always asking me to come back because they know their students like me and trust me to teach them.

There are no hard parts to my job. I love to teach. The most enjoyable part of my job is spending the day with these children. I miss them during the summer.
Pros
i get to see the children i love being around.
Cons
short lunch time.
Nice co-workers
1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denton, TxFebruary 5, 2015
Nice co-workers. difficult to advance to leadership roles unless you know or are married to someone inleadership. Decent compensation and benefits.
Love being with kids
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 26, 2015
Sub in when the regular teacher is absent. I would manage the classroom just like the regular teacher would. Teach them, take them to lunch, specials and whatever else the teacher has planned for the day.
Pros
hours
Cons
no insurance
Denton ISD is a wonderful place to work and learn.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denton, TexasJune 10, 2013
This district works hard to educate all students with the best teachers and programs available. This is difficult within the confines of State and Federal Funding, but they are doing a nice job.
Pros
Denton ISD takes care of their students and teachers.
Cons
Students are unable to receive some needed interventions due to budget restraints.
Good People...
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Denton ISD is going through the small town to big city growing pains. Central Admin is a little out of control. Canpus level admin is great. Big disconnect between the two.
I love to work hard
Sign Language Interpreter Substitute (Current Employee) –  Denton, Texas, USAFebruary 6, 2013
The most enjoyable part about working at any of my previous jobs I was able to meet new people. Another thing that I enjoyed was that I learned how to use Microsoft Office and organizing. I also enjoyed learning and working with my co-workers.
Pros
learning
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denton ISD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5