Denton ISD Employee Reviews

Educating children to be the best that they can be in life
Educator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Working at Denton ISD is a wonderful experience. It allows you to work with children and helps you to cultivate their learning experiences in preparation for life lessons.
Pros
Great atmosphere, enjoy children and to watch them grow intellectually
Cons
Long hours to prepare for the next lesson plan.
Awesome
Trainer for the Look 2 Learning Training Team (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone deeply cares about each other. It's like family. I would recommend to anyone wanting to go into teaching or administration.
Great benefits
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 30, 2017
Denton ISD had wonderful benefits. As a former teacher, I was given a wonderful insurance package. Working at Denton ISD was an enjoyable experience because the administration was wonderful and the children were excited to learn.
Good
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 28, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Denton ISD. The administrators are friendly and willing to help out. I enjoy working with the students and being able to build a rapport with them.
Pros
Well Organized
Cons
Better communication with parents
Working for the Denton District
Child Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Providence Village, TXJune 27, 2017
Working for the Denton District children nutrition is great. It is very easy to work with the employees. The managers are easy to get along with very hard working. The place itself is great getting to see the smiles on the children is awesome. The hardest thing is my children don't go to that school. Getting to know my co-workers.
4th Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cross Roads, TXJune 22, 2017
Denton ISD was a wonderful place to work! I was surrounded by highly qualified individuals who were always ready to lend a helping hand. It was a great teaching experience.
Great customer care, caring staff
ATC Job Shadow Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 28, 2017
I liked that all the staff was there to help me since I was a student at the time doing an internship. I enjoyed that the customers liked coming to the pharmacy and every staff member had genuine conversations with them.
Fun Place to Work
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 10, 2017
This is a great diverse place to work. It has a great, fun and exciting environment where people can work together. Fun activities are always goin gon within the workplace as well as the community.
backwards
teacher (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 7, 2017
Disappointed in teacher support from administration and board.
Curriculum is backwards compared to other districts and is difficult to access. They do not supply teachers with basic necessities, i.e. a pencil sharpener.
It's a job to help student's find their way back from a trouble atmosphere & return to the public school environment.
Secondary Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 2, 2017
I worked with a great group of teachers who care about troubled student's. The work environment is stressful, the teacher moves from classroom to classroom with class supplies. There are meetings & planning to attend, lesson plan writing & forms to fill out on the computer. One satisfying & rewarding aspect of the job is having some students who return as staff members & are an example to student's coming in.
Pros
Helping student's get ahead in life.
Cons
Stressful job.

Want to know more about Denton ISD?

Ask a question
No support
Auxiliary Dispatcher/Driver (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Not a supportive place to work.
Low moral.
High turnover
Low pay compared to other smaller districts.
Split shifts work great for students but not to support a family
Great School District
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Schools are always welcoming. Substitute teaching is not an easy gig. It's always a typical teaching day with the bumps and bruises of any other job. Kids will be kids and you can't let that discourage you. It's an amazing experience that I cherish.
productive student driven
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Strong leadership team atmosphere guidance is readily available open to out of the box thinking when it comes to motivating students to do their best
Great place to work.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Teachers always were great at leaving lesson plans. The students were great working with. The teachers always made you feel comfortabel and always very helpful.
Great
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 22, 2016
Very flexible, and very loving people. Everything is smooth running and amazing staff! The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the children!
Do it your self spirit
SUBSITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 31, 2016
the denton isd has a great attitude and is very accepting of a substitute's life and responsibilities outside of work. Camilla is a very great go between. she is very fair.
great learning enviroment
Extended School Day Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 22, 2016
Denton taught me a lot about how to be a role model for the younger generation. I learned how to create a fun and inviting environment for the children
Worst school ever
Speech-Language Pathology Intern (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Denton ISD speech lead is led by a person who has gotten there by pure seniority. She doesn't know how to lead horses to a trough. Worst leader I've ever run across. Couldn't make a decision to save her life. The principles at my school were equally awful. I would classify, as most my co-workers did, as bullies. Crying when you were called in for a meeting before you even got there, having anxiety attacks when you were in the room with them was the norm. They put me on a 'growth plan' when I was a CF - my first job out of college. I quit very soon after that.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
having to deal with the principal and AP
Special Education, behavior class
Special Ed. Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 2, 2015
worked with children who were emotionally disturbed and with autism.

professional work environment

competitive pay

room for advancement

children could be violent
Pros
professional
Cons
dangerous at times
Positive attitude and loving atmosphere for children. Great parent involvement on my campus!
art teacher (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 10, 2015
Best part was teaching the children and working with their parents. Had to do a lot of paperwork, but that enhances your organizational skills.