Denton Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive, fun, and busy
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 8, 2017
I like to be on my toes. I have been with the facility for a long time and working there keeps me on my toes. I like the department team and those I work with.
Very Productive
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 23, 2017
Very busy Hospital daily. Learned lot of phlebotomy technic's. Management was good. Hardest part was seeing patients passing. The enjoyment was to see the patients to go home
Pros
No charge for lunch
Cons
working nights for the first time
Many opportunities ahead
Interim Diagnostic Imaging Director (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX 76210June 9, 2017
I loved the staff that all are very hard working staff in the radiology department. Unfortunately, a non-radiology familiar leader was put in place and she was very unethical and not willing to understand the safety requirements in radiology.
Pros
Love the staff that work in the Department
Cons
non-familiar radiology staff taking over
Busy
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 7, 2017
Worked OB unit, closed though due to low census
Management on OB unit mediocre at the time.
Great colleagues overall.

Funnest part helping new mothers breast feed, doing routine newborn care.
Pros
Working with newborns
Cons
Short breaks, delayed breaks
Medical City Denton Nursing
RN (Current Employee) –  SurgicalMay 10, 2017
Working in the hospital can be busy and stressful. I love the work though so it is rewarding. I am on 5th floor surgical days and our team is amazing!
Pros
Busy and Stressful
Cons
Great team
Great first RN job
Registered Nurse - Medical/Oncology (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 18, 2017
I went through the new grad program, and felt very secure in my clinical skills by the time it was over. The work load was hard, but pay and shift differential was good.
Hated working here.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 30, 2017
Worked my whole department by myself because managers were unwilling to hire more. The work load and hours were unacceptable. I didn't stay here very long.
Pros
location to my house
Cons
everything else
Co-Workers
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 6, 2016
I have worked for Denton Regional Medical for 2 years. This has been the best work experience I have ever had. My manager is a great leader and inspires her workers to do better.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
don't have my desired work
Denton Regional Medical center
CRITICAL CARE EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 19, 2016
very knowledgeable staff
management dedicated to learning and growth
I love working with the staff as everyone if very team oriented. You never feel like you are on your own
Fast, life threatening job. very humble job to do
Enviromental Services Specialist Lead Role (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 22, 2016
The first thing I always did was call the nursing supervisor to see what rooms were priorities to clean for patients. I had a great work partner to assist me. Always made sure the Emergency Room was clean. Always ready for a STAT clean for the ambulance to arrive. Fast paste with great quality.
Pros
free lunch, great team work, very appreciative people who admire my work ethic
Cons
Lack of communication between management and employees.

Want to know more about Denton Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great Workplace with even better Learning Opportunity
Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 11, 2015
Coworkers truly approach each shift in a team setting, supporting one another as we provide the best care for our patients.
Not What I Used To Like
Lab generalist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 18, 2015
The lab was a wonderful place to work for approximately eight years but new management has sent it downhill. I am willing to talk about it, but I prefer to remain professional and unemotional. I have served for over a decade as a lab generalist, performing all manner of procedures including all basic procedures for chemistry, hematology, microbiology, and blood banking in addition to some serology testing. Specialty testing includes performance of thyroid and kidney biopsies, bone marrow biopsies, and frozen sections with histology.
Pros
good for years
Cons
not so good now
Environment is encouraging and promotes health and emotional well-being.
Concierge/Operator/Adm. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 6, 2015
I love the environment of workplaces which are set up to help people through crisis. At DRMC, everyone helps everyone and the patient is the most important component of the system. The people I work with are like family. The hardest part is the small financial compensation.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Low wages
PACU for all surgical patients
PACU - RN (Former Employee) –  DENTON, TXAugust 25, 2015
Great Place to work. I've enjoyed working at DMRC. I left in 2005 to
try working at a smaller surgery center. I returned to DRMC in 2010.
Pros
Excellent nursing staff and support
Cons
Can be hectic
Great place to start your career
Registered Nurse-Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 6, 2015
The culture is great; small town feel where everyone knows your name. Acceptable amount of bureaucracy which is comparable to the organizations size. C-level executives are accessible if and when needed.
Great team of nurses
RN Newborn Nursery/Special Care Nursery (Current Employee) –  Denton TXJuly 31, 2015
The best thing about Denton Regional is the nurses. Great teamwork and culture of encouragement between coworkers. The support staff is also great.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Upper level management
Great Management Team
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 18, 2015
Working nights could be a callenge but I worked with a wonderful team I met many outstanding Dr's and Nurses working at DRMC aided me in finding a nursing job in LTC that I was at for 5+ years.
I was A great place I would work for this organization again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Night Shift
Employed overnight environment with really nice people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 14, 2015
Call the nursing supervisor to see what patient room is a priority for patients. Then went down to the ER cleaned areas such Triage, Exam Rooms, Nursing Center and break rooms. I learned what each floor consist of and how to clean specific room. Hardest part was patients conditions were heartbreaking but did my best to make them confrontable. I enjoyed my co-worker and met nice people and make them and our patients happy.
I have learned how to manage a group of therapists in and efficient and timely manner.
Charge Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 5, 2015
I review assignments for my shift, and staffing for the next shift. I run reports on charges, medication scan rates, critical values reporting, and surgery and procedure schedules for the next day. I help out the therapists with their first rounds and any procedures that come up. I respond to all Code Blues and Rapid Responses. I consult with nursing and troubleshoot problems. I also cover the nursery, and attend high risk deliveries. I also do patient audits for medications information.

I have learned how to manage and motivate a group of people. I have learned when to step in, and when to let other people take the lead. I have learned how to deal with difficult situations, such as angry patients, family members, and doctors, with solutions that get the patient taken care of and diffuse emotional moments.

I have enjoyed working with the Respiratory and Nursing staff at DRMC. I am looking forward to new experiences and challenges. I am also looking for a job that has me working days.
Pros
My coworkers are the best at what they do.
Cons
The red tape of healthcare.
Positive Culture Enviroment
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 25, 2015
We are supported by leadership and have a positive working culture. Staff house wide are engaged and allowed to have a voice with the Magnet designation. Many people not only utilize this facility, but work here as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denton Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Denton Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location