Dentsply

Dentsply Employer Reviews

Was a fun place to work for at times.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Elgin, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: monday to thursday schedule.
14 years there, must have been doing something right. Monday through Thursday schedule with any overtime done on Friday and an occasional Saturday. Input valued by various departments.
Job eliminated September 1st, 2014, plant in process of closing.
Fun fast pace work field
Carder (Former Employee), York, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: extra breaks
Cons: short breaks
Learn where what tooth goes where inside your mouth Fun part about the job was learning new things as far as how the teeth were made I had excellent co- workers Fun to work with Hardest part about the job was learning where what tooth goes where and you couldn't make a mistake because those teeth were actually going into peoples mouth
Fast pace indoor labor
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 7, 2014
A typical day at work is easy going,with the addition of fun co-workers. The learning experience its self was interesting as far as the certification process on the forklift and the WAV (work assistant vehicle). Also management was easy going but non the less was a bit unorganized. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management but, the people were very fun to be around.
ok
Production & Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Milford, DEMarch 29, 2014
Dentsply had many great benefits but the pay was not equal to the work and job security was an issue
Fun and professional place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee), York, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: long breaks and have to stay long hours to cover you break
Great company to work at managment treats you with respect and the always have overtime.
Great place to work and intern for.
Internship (Former Employee), York, PAOctober 3, 2013
While at Dentsply they showed me what it was to work in the accounting field. The training was very informational and I walked away knowing all the things that i needed to know to perform my job correctly and without confusion. Sadly I was only an intern and my position ended when my internship ended.
Challenging, rewarding consultative position
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: work/life balance, compensation
Cons: inconsistent quotas, lack of decision freedom
My typical day includes setting appointments, doing demonstrations, and training with general dentists and specialists. I am responsible for selling our new root canal therapy technology and techniques to all general dentists and specialists.

I have learned to be able to adjust my selling technique to accommodate the personality of the doctor I was meeting. I also was able to fine tune my prospecting skills to be more successful gaining appointments from new accounts.

The most challenging part of the job is discovering new ways to sell to different accounts, and personnel. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is seeing the satisfaction the purchasing doctor and his staff express after purchasing our new technology.
Top Notch
Various Positions (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILJuly 10, 2013
This was an excellent company to work for. The management and people were great, the products were great, and the work/life balance was the best. The dental equipment manufactured by Dentsply/Gendex is used by the majority of the dentists I have ever visited. They make good, long lasting dental equipment.
Great Place to Work
AR Specialist - Temporary (Former Employee), York, PAJune 3, 2013
Pros: good management and positive employees. strong company and industry leader.
I spent 4 weeks there on a temp assignment. I worked in there AR Dept. Great atmosphere and positive work environment.
Not a good place to work.They have a poor reputation which is true.
Manufacturing (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 1, 2013
Pros: benefits good!
Cons: excessive work load and hours. stress!!!!!!
You are hired for one position, but are required to perform a number of other jobs. They do not care how many hours it takes to perform the work! Just get it done! They will not hire enough people to get the work done effectively.
As someone else mentioned too many chiefs not enough Indians.
Great Team Work
Flute Monitor (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 17, 2013
Pros: loved the job and working in a team environment
Cons: shift
I worked on four machines. I made sure they ran efficiently. Inspected root canal parts to make sure specifications were correct.
I worked 4pm to 2am Mon-Thrus.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the machines running efficiently.
The most enjoyable was working as a team. I loved my coworkers.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: work with alot of great people
Cons: commute is too long
Handle multiple daily & monthly tasks, which I enjoy being busy.
Have great relationships with clients.
Great people, great work environment. Was MUCH better without coporate.
Matrix Coordinator / Label Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYDecember 26, 2012
Pros: good place to be around the holidays and halloween. graet people to work with.
Cons: corproate coming into the office. massive layoffs.
Being there for 37 years, I have been through alot of changes. I have learned how to work with all types of personalities, to multi-task, work with different departments, learn computer programs and general office work. I have had customer service experience and can follow through with any problems. The people I worked with were great. I have made lifelong friends.For me the hardest part of this job was when things got slow. I would find myself being more productive and take the opportunity to create backups for most of my work. I don't like to be idle. The best part of the job was knowing that I was going to see my "2nd Family" every day.
Enjoyable place to work.
RA Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), York, PANovember 14, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: the stress
I enjoyed my time at DENTSPLY. It was a pleasant atmosphere and the associates were a pleasure to work with. One of my responsibilities involving my last position with the company was to register our products internationally. I found this to be a great challenge. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job was the creation and the maintaining of our division's training database.
Dental Mfg.
Rec/WH Supervisor (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLAugust 29, 2012
Pros: free insurance, good pay
Cons: management team unethical
Receiving misc. items daily, cycle counting, poor management team, preached core values but did not apply them.
Densply is a NOT Hi-Stat replacement
Manufacturing / Production Eng. (Former Employee), Sarasota / manatee County residentJuly 31, 2012
Pros: it's just a job, not a career
Cons: you can be replaced at a drop of a hat...
many folks in the immediate area have applied for work at Dentsply and have gotten little to NO reply. Surprising for all the adds this company has posted there not hiring very fast. There are lots of more than qualified manufacturing experienced folks who have been saying this company either doesn't pay well or has limited ability to move to hire qualified candidates in a timely manor. So the overall word on the street is this is another low paying company looking to take advantage of a weak economy. Some current employee's have already passed along they have worked for a couple years and received a one time .26 cent raise. Not exactly what I would call a great company to work for. But just ask around. there's already enough people passing along this kind of feedback.
Excellent Place to Work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), York PAJuly 26, 2012
This company has wholesome core values, great work ethic, associate appreciation and a welcoming spirit.
installing and pming tools for next run.
Injection mold repair/ cleaner (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLJune 20, 2012
great company, very poor leadership towards new employes.lack of trainning.

About Dentsply

How does it feel knowing that DENTSPLY International; the premier dental company in six continents with over 12,000 employees – Read more