Denver Health and Hospital Authority Employee Reviews

What I learned
Executive Chef 3 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2017
Denver Health was a promotion for me to the highest level of executive in my organization. It was my first experience with startup. The facility was a self-op location, but due to a massive food services upgrade they decided to contract management. I learned how to manage a very large scale operation by managing over 100 employees, and feeding over 3000 individuals every day.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunity, great culture, very diverse
Cons
Turnover in the facility executive leadership team
Needed organization for the City and County of Denver.
HUMAN RESOURCES OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2017
Denver Health is a progressive organization that continues to improve their processes by using Toyota Lean principles. For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my dedicated staff and knowing that Denver Health was providing a valuable service to the community. The hardest part of the job was providing the best services with limited staff and resources.
Great mission and vision but no advancement opportunities
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2017
Denver Health has a small town feel for a large health care system. The managment is good and much work is going into improving the perception of this highly known system to move away from the old "Denver General Gun and Knife club". It is very hard to advance in this organization, especially in the community health setting.
Pros
Love the mission and what Denver Health does for Denver County
Cons
No advancement
This is a large organization with many internal opportunities.
Sr. Paralegal (Current Employee) –  DenverJune 6, 2017
This is a company with a great reputation and offers great experience. The CEO is new and brings refreshing ideas. The company has covered parking structures and a gym.
Good benefits and job security
JOURNEYMAN PAINTER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 28, 2017
Working at Denver Health and Authority was a challenge. Having to work around a very diversified and large group of people. It was challenging due to the politics and micro managing. I had four supervisors total. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my co-workers in engineering and other co-workers. A typical day at work I would walk over five miles and do my assignments. I would have to be very flexible as my job demands would change daily.
Pros
Benefits, salary and friends
Cons
Too many supervisors/politics
Easy going
Clerical Support Specialist V (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in helping those that truly need help. Doing great things for the community. Some issues with management, depending on the department, overall not a bad place to work.
Love my coworkers but the management is terrible.
Registered Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2017
Management doesn't value employees, they choose to cut back on front lines staff while asking more and more of them. Management completely out of touch with what nurses deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
Fun coworkers, great experience in the nursing field.
Cons
Financial cuts means less than less staff, more expected of you.
Outpatient Pharmacy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 7, 2017
Its a good place to work. The health benefits are good, people work hard. Going through some restructuring right now but that occurs for just about any business.
Good benefits
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2016
I really enjoy working with Denver Health, however, they are laying people off and relocation people within the hospital. Eventually my department will decrease significantly so I want to be proactive and look for another job
Supportive and fair employer.
Jail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2016
Very positive work experience in an organization that thrives to support and encourage their employees in meaningful and helpful ways.
Pharmacy is in total chaos
Pharmacy Tecnician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 20, 2016
In-patient Pharmacy is in total chaos everyday. Managers have no working experience. I actually worried about patient safety. So glad I'm out of there. If your not a sheep with your head down you won't last in that enviorment.
great place to learn
lpn (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2016
very busy I learned about head injuries I got to teach patients as they were learning their life skills. Management was fair across the board rules were followed.
Pros
teaching hospital good place to learn
Cons
rotating shifts
N/a
Clerical Support Services III - Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2014
Was not happy with the management of this position and I would prefer not to elaborate further.
Thank you.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Extremely valuable mission within the community
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2014
Denver Health provides outstanding compassionate care for the greater Denver area, especially for the under-served population. Their business model is very progressive and constantly evolving.
Love the culture and experience
Charge Nurse & Staff RN, Adult Urgent Care Clinic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2014
They say that if you work at Denver Health as a nurse, you can work anywhere.I love the patient population, helping people and making a difference is why I went into nursing. I have gained vaulable knowledge and skills working there, but advancement is very lacking.
Pros
Nursing culture
Cons
Managment
Horrible Pharmacy Management
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  DenverApril 29, 2014
Inexperienced and outsourced pharmacy management team has led to an exodus of quality staff members and Denver Health managers who knew what they were doing. The department is in a sad state of affairs currently. Be very careful if you decide to pursue a career in the pharmacy department at Denver Health.
Pros
Good benefits and fair pay
Cons
Horrible management and poor working conditions. Not a safe environment.
Ton of room for improvement and advancement. Job security
Clerical Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2014
I always had amazing coworkers. Supportive management. I met a lot of people from every walks of life newborns to cancer patients. Very easy computer programs and plenty of training. Room for advancement.
Demoralizing environment with poor management
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN/BUYER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 13, 2014
Working for Denver Health was one of the worst experiences of my life. Throughout my career at Denver health, almost every employee I knew was in constant fear of losing their job over issues such as being a single minute late to work, even management. Not one co-worker had anything positive to say about the company and within a year I was the most senior employee in my department. Please consult other opportunities seriously before considering employment with this company.
Excellent Staff
HIM (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 20, 2013
Great place to grow professionally. The HIM department has a strong management team.
Denver Health is a great environment to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2012
Great place to work. Enjoyed working at Denver Health for 15 years.