Denver Health Employee Reviews in United States

Forget rmpdc - horrible experience
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  RMPDCMay 20, 2016
They brought me in as 'Business Development', yet it was not at all what I was told. Most miserable experience - horrible management, they do not respect their employees. Their IT is so horribly out of date I didn't even want to bother. Took a year to get SalesForce approved!!
Pros
Denver Health does great things
Cons
Terrible culture but there are good people in the mix - just not in management
Great place to work for all around.
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2016
Other than the location and construction going on loved this Hospital had many perks and the patients were the best. Always felt a positive vibe when you walk into work and in the cafeteria everyone made eye contact and never seemed distracted. Pay was great esp with the economy. They just opened a subway also and a Starbucks which was really neat.
Productive and organized workplace
Ambulatory Credentialed Trainer- Epic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
very organized
timeline management for training and epic go live support
Great ID's to work with
Great co-workers, very friendly and helpful. team players.
Pros
organized time line for training and go live support. great IT/helpdesk team
Cons
they should of offered longer go live support schedule for the staff, instead of just 3 weeks.
Great Benefits
Clerical Support Specialist (V) / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2016
With Office Politics aside, I enjoy working with my team. Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is like a family enviornment where we try to look out for each other and help when we can.
Pros
Lots of PTO! Great healthcare benefits and 401(a) compensation package.
Cons
Not a lot of room to grow unless you have a degree in Nursing or a PhD in Pharmacy.
Underprivileged are accepted and cared for the best the company can
Healthcare (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 24, 2016
Large room for errors, lack of quality and process structure. Lack of leadership, culture and environment struggling. Poor tracking of possible avoidable errors. Scares the cramp out me the fact no one is ensuring and enforcing quality control
Pros
Pay, lean academy, taking care of the underprivileged
Cons
Leadership, seeing the whole picture, short term vs long term goals
Fun and Interesting
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2016
I loved to work at Denver Health, it was one of the things that brought me to love the medical field. I loved being there and every moment I cherished. The one thing I loved most about my job was the patients they were enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was time consuming in the medical field its all about time and if you can get them in on time especially dealing with other patients. I loved my co workers they were funny and fun to be around. The management was great I didn't have any problems with them.
Very busy but fun atmosphere
Computed Tomography Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
Difficulty with new Residents, they order CTs without ever examining the patient. Equipment was new and worked well. Co-workers were fun and very dedicated.
Pros
great hours
This NICU is a mess
Health Care professional (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2015
The mission of Denver Health is admirable and one that keeps most employees showing up to work. This NICU, however, is a real mess. From the medical leadership to the Nursing leadership. They have been trying to find a NICU medical director for a few years. They finally hired one and he only stayed 3 months before leaving. The existing physicians can be very condescending to NPs and PAs not to mention the nurses. The Nursing manager has slashed and burned her way through the most seasoned and skilled nurses leaving very novice nurses in leadership roles. THis place has a lot of potential but it's going to take a while, some new leadership and a complete overhaul.
Pros
The variety in acuity
Cons
the lack of solid leadership
Great Hospital
Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2016
Wouldn't go anywhere else fro both work or care. Gave birth to my baby there and had an awesome supervisor who cared and gave me the time I needed to get care as needed.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
worked with the doctor who took care of me
Great for learning, difficult to advance
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2015
I worked for this company for 7 years as an RN. I became certified in my specialty, participated in their RN advancement program, took on several extra duties but it all seem to go unnoticed. I was hoping to be able to move up in this company. After applying for several positions unsuccessfully, I had to move on.
Pros
the patients
Cons
difficult to advance
Unorganized and unprofessional
healthcare (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2016
The orthopedic clinic is a wreck. Management does not listen to ideas other coworkers have, manager is rude, upper management (no comment)! Super unorganized. Drama everywhere! I do not recommend this place for anybody!
Benefits
Awesome!!!
med surg RN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2016
Sad to be leaving this company but have to relocate due to family. Very family like units, I worked nights and we were the bomb!
Productive Workplace with Awesome Employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work for Denver Health was refreshing. I learned the definition of endurance. I was always on the go with delivery trays, or helping co-workers lift boxes, or helped them with their carts. The Co-workers were team players like myself, even though the end of night was the hardest because I was always the last to go home because I was the most dedicated. I enjoyed the leadership I was able to show at the job.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Slack from other employees
Great Place To Work
Project Leader, IT (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2015
The job itself combined with the benefits makes Denver Health an ideal workplace. The only negative is that there is no planned career path and minimal advancement.
The medical and DSD staff make my job enjoyable.
Charge Nurse, Denver City and County Jails (Current Employee) –  Denver Sheriff Health ServicesDecember 4, 2015
I enjoy working as a correctional care nurse, it can be challenging and yet rewarding. Our staff work very hard and very well as a team.
Positive place to work.
Staff nurse, preceptor, Charge relief (Current Employee) –  Denver ColoradoAugust 18, 2015
Denver Health provides a huge variety of patients and situations. We deal with many many different cultures. It's a fun and exciting place to work. I have great co-workers who all work well together.

Sometimes the hardest part of the job is who our babies go home with.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks.
Healthcare
I.T. Project Leader/Manager - eHS PMO (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 27, 2015
Denver Health is searching for a new identity to better serve the population. Change is constant and work days can be very intense.
Pros
Excellent retirement and benefits plan
Cons
Constant Change
Pool of gossip
Administrative (Former Employee) –  DenverApril 14, 2015
Allowing employees to run anyone and everyone down is a hostile work environment. If you get somewhere by working hard the hostile employees can and have caused problems. Meetings of the employees to complain as a group only makes the gossip even worse, Slackers are always complaining, most of the slackers keep their jobs and it is impossible to get work completed. If you are a hard worker stay away they don't like people who do their job.
Extremely educational
CNA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2015
Overall, the Denver Health was a fun and educational work experience for me and would work there again anytime. It was a fast paced work environment with team players and great management.
Pros
hour lunches, 12 hr shifts, great benefits
Cons
troublesome patients
Overall a good place to work at.
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2015
Had good experience with Rochester General. I like the people I worked with and management was fair to all the techs there. I given valuable hospital experience from working with narcotics to backing up the operation room tech.
Pros
Experience given to me.
Cons
Pay

Denver Health Reviews by Location