Denver Health Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Admin/Billing (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 16, 2017
The management at DH are not only missing people skills but also lack the common knowledge to do their job. DH has allowed their management to create the culture of favoritism, unethical business, and a hostile work environment. The resources that DH provides for the community is amazing however due to poor management they have gone into debt with their high turn over rate in staff
Pros
Benefits, resources for community
Cons
Management, hostile work environment
I say it greatthe people are /good and cowork good
EVS Tech/floortech/batroom/house.keeping (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2017
And he didn't know too much about EVS Will Explain in Interviewed great people to work with
I like it but the s.v.p just was to much did not know how to run machinery and and always wanted me to show him how to strip and wax and I have my own duties to do and I was always behind and I had to stay a little extra over to get my duties done my own duties besides trying to help him
Position was ok
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2017
I would have liked the management staff to be more involved with their employees. when changes were made, Employees were not given accurate time to learn new requirements before being written up or given consequences.
Not an enjoyable workplace
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2017
I did not enjoy working at Denver Health. I was hired to be an epic trainer but was tasked with a role that is typical of an analyst. I would not recommend this organization.
Pros
beautiful city.
Cons
everything
The rules were always changing.
Clerical Support Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2017
I was a shift-lead which was okay at first, but every day the rules were changing. This made it difficult because it caused to much confusion in the office.
Pros
The benefits are great as well as the pay.
Cons
Learning new rules everyday, explaining why everything was changing all the time, dress code always changing, medical staff was always complaining about the clerical staff, computers always shutting down.
Generally pleasant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
With the limited resources that DH has it still remains a good hospital. The staff are pleasant and the patient population leaves a lot of great learning opportunities.
Amazing
CLERICAL & ED ASSISTANT (VOLUNTEER) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2017
Typical day at work would consist of me working at one of the clinics feeling in for call in's, checking patients into their appointments, and helping them through paperwork. Then after about 2 hours would go down to the ER and assist patient and staff down there as needed.

I learned a lot, especially working in the trauma center. I learned how crazy things can get but also how easily the craziness could be handled if you worked together as a team.

The staff and management here, were amazing people. They really seemed like they loved what they do.

The culture was very diverse and open to helping anyone that needed help.

The hardest part about the job was feeling like you weren't helping enough. You always wanted to do more.

The best part of the job was that, rather you thought so or not, you got to help people.
Pros
50% off lunches even as volunteers, healthcare, great people
Cons
Was only volunteer work, ended too soon, short breaks for the work you did
fair workplace.
Radiology Intern (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 3, 2017
DH is a good palace to practice and get experiences. It is the place that everyone is willing to help and provide the changes for students get better skill.
This is a company on the rise serving Denver and other communities.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2017
DH is a large and growing company. I liked working for this company. I learned and grew along with the my department. DH has evolved in the last 5 years.
Always going to certain floors.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2017
I was a transporter for Denver Health taking things to certain floors in the hospital it would differ from the morgue to the operator room. Where ever i was needed I was there.
Pros
Seeing different situations. Everyday was different.
Cons
Long days.
Great opportunties
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
Great opportunity, many things to learn and many departments to transfer from. Great benefits. the main downside is the lack of training in management.
Was good
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2017
This was a place where you could challenge yourself and gain a lot of knowledge. Questions are welcome and answers will be found.
The health insurance was great.

From what I've heard, the management style is different in every unit/floor/department.
good people to work with
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2017
Culture is good, pay is competitive, hours can be hard to keep up with if on 3rd on shift. Management is ok to work for. Never expected to take time off .
everything wrong with health care
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2017
Good people getting abused by patients who don't want to be helped, if you don't give narcotics to patients, you get an unsatisfactory patient experience.....They are broke, 36 million in hole, we had no urinals for a while, not kidding.

High patient ratios, clickish rn units, overworked, pay for parking, dangerous environment, nurses getting hurt, nothing done about it, patients transported to unit who are supposed to be in recovery room, oh well, you can do it, right?

There has to be a better, way, patient hotel for drug addicts and homeless people who hospital hop for a place to stay.
Pros
Committed Staff
Cons
Dangerous work environment
Just OK
Database Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2017
In my case I was hired by the Thoracic Surgery Department to do work that their IT department had refused to do. They neglected to tell me about that, which led to problems, as might be expected.
Going downhill fast
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2017
Make bad financial decisions and the employees are the ones who pay, Like only giving 1% raises to "all non management employees.. etc" to meet the budget because of all the debt. Training is poor, management is uninvoled or overbearing no happy mediums. No sick time have to use pto if you're sick otherwise work sick. Definitely do not recommend friends and family to receive care here, the cheapest benefit option is a plan where you're only covered to be seen at Denver health had such horrible care and experiences as a patient I upgraded to a rediculously expensive heath plan option just to be able to get care outside of DH.
Pros
Co-workers, helping people with no other options for healthcare
Cons
Pay, management, sick time
Denver Health Review
Supervisor - Patient Information (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2017
I started as a secretary in Volunteer Services and my manager there was awesome. I advanced to Volunteer Coordinator then supervisor for Patient Information. My supervisor was excellent until they hired a new person who was controlling and not kind. It changed so much. It wasn't about the people anymore. I was always willing to help patients and their families and guide them to the right department. Everyday was a challenge and you new knew what you were going to endure each day but I loved my job.
Pros
helping people
Cons
not being treated fairly
Poor training
Bilingual clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2017
The hardest part of the job is to perform your duties without proper training. In my case it was clerical duties. I have learned a lot while working there. The management was very biased and unfair this is why I left. I do not recommend this employer unless you are fully trained top manager
Inclusive
Internship (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2017
Denver Health does a wonderful job with assisting patients and families. DH staff members does an excellent job with caring for the patients and families and providing excellent care.
Pros
Patient-Centered, Solution-focused, Inclusive
Cons
support, budget
Great benefits
HIM Dept. (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
Communication needs a lot of improvement, it's hard to work with management, there's a lot of favoritism, if your schedule to work and call in it's an occurrence or up to management discretion. PTO and Sick time are together. If your sick you need to show up and have them send you home to not have an occurrence. Co-workers are good to work with. There's no advancement you would need to transfer out of the dept.
Benefits
Cons
Management, occurrence, favoritism