Denver International Airport Employee Reviews

Very fast paced environment and very effiecent with fun employees and employers.
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2017
Sometimes the job was hard, but not because of anything anyone did just weather was unpredictable. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who works well by themselves and also loves a lot or responsibility. This job makes one feel like they are impacting lives because without fuel the planes don't go anywhere, but too little fuel spells catastrophe for anyone involved.
Pros
great hours, good breaks, unlimited overtime, get to work outside, not behind a desk
Cons
long drives to and from work, some trucks were old and broken.
Very productive work place.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2017
I loved the way we were able to communicate with management. Very perfessional setting. Great pay and always ontime. Never had a bad complaint while at work by any personnel.
Productive and Inspiring due to the amount of passengers come in and out.
Passenger Agent Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work is a mixed roller coaster ride. I have learned how to control situations in a positive way. Also how to work diligently with my respected coworkers and management. My management team is helpful and full of knowledge that they have passed down to me. But in the same since the company is very unorganized and needs improvement in certain areas. The hardest part when it comes to working at D.I.A, is that you have to maintain a great attitude even when you are having the worst day dealing with passengers. Plus they amount you work is rarely appreciated or noticed. Especially when it comes to your health, family, and /or pay. The reasons why I enjoy the Airport despite of the cons they have, is because I meet, listen, and learn a lot from my passengers and coworkers. Which is helping me become a better worker and person.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Flight Benefits, Schedule works w/ child care
Cons
Unorganize Management, Not enough hours, Not enough money
Fun people to work with
Stock Keeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2016
My first summer job I really enjoyed. I got to work with many different people and there was something always to do. I really learned a lot for that job and I would love to do something similar to it.
I asked to help someone by pushing or moving her wheelchair,I I talk to people with disabilities as I would anyone else.I help the person who is unab.
Wheel Chair Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2016
I asked to help someone by pushing or moving her wheelchair,I I talk to people with disabilities as I would anyone else.I help the person who is unable to walk I pushed them as ,a disability. While i talked to them make them feel safe.
I enjoyed the people I was around at Denver International Airport and I longed to progress more and more to find my way to the top.
Supervisor SSE Training Lead, Simplicity USA (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 30, 2015
Denver International Airport was a great experience for me to get out and do some real hard work and get my hands dirty yet have fun at the same time. I started off at the bottom as a ramp agent loading bags on a plane, then i moved up to being a Lead ramp agent, loading bags onto a plane, writing the paperwork, marshaling air-crafts and handling push-back equipment to help depart the flight. Eventually I progressed to becoming the Training Lead, which consisted of Supervising and Training a group of 24+ employees at one time to preform the tasks I know of and started off doing as a new employee. I loved what I did for the company and I moved up quite rapidly as I hope to do in every company and everything I do.
Pros
Fun, Always busy, frequent breaks, good teamwork, great people, respectful and helpful managers and supervisors, great pay.
Cons
Non-proficient workers at times, no benefits, far drive to work, brutal weather conditions, lots of pressure at times.
Excellent, passengers' safety focused
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2015
A customer focused work experiences
Organizational development,
Organizational change
Teamwork
Human Resource,
customer services
Ensuring saftey
Pros
Bonus and raise
Cons
Short breaks
electricial trouble calls on a wide range of electricial systems
Electrician, High Tech Electrical Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 29, 2015
troubleshooting an repairing passenger loading bridges, ground power units (gpu) an hvac units. day to day PM's on electrical systems ranging from 24volt to 4160 volts
Pros
great plcae to work daily challenges new things to learn
Cons
snow removale
Very rough work
Construction Tradesman/Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2015
The enviornment was the hardest part of the job to deal with. There was a lot of new employees on the job so that would spread leadeship thin at times.
Calm atmosphere and relaxing
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2015
I loved the environment at A Massage it was always relaxing and quite even though it was in an airport. I enjoyed making our customers feel at home even if they were far away from it. I wanted to make their experience a great one. I loved the people I worked with learned a lot about massage and spa.
Pros
Got to meet new people from all over the world
Cons
getting to work took a long time having to park, get on shuttle, go through security and walk to job through the airport
Good workplace with excellent staff
Master Scheduler/Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with other professionals in a Project Controls office responsible for project management for the City of Denver. My particular assignments involved working with Project Managers, Contract Administrators and upper level management.
Pros
Good working conditions, friendly co-workers, good supervisor
Cons
Work was mundane and at times boring, not enough work at times.
Shift work required
Aviation Operations Representative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
Day could either be stressful of boring depending on the events of the day.
Contract Prucrement
Contracts & Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2014
DIA is a world-class airport and the employees are dedicated to their work and the passengers that travel.
Not a bad job at all; the hours can ruin your life/balance though
Aviation Security Officer Hospital Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 25, 2014
Overall, this was a good job at the Denver airport there were some times where I had to check vehicles going into the airport after 9/11 in all kinds of weather. This wasn't in the job description when I applied. Motorists were put out by having to stop for security guards to check their cars/trucks. Seniority is tough, though. You have to climb a ladder just to receive better days off and that could take years to achieve. The pay was worth some of the headaches of this job and that's why I returned after being employed from 2002-2004.
Pros
Great atmosphere; a city within itself.
Cons
The working hours and unpredictable moody supervisors.
down sizing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2014
company down sized and that's why I was no longer employed there
Pros
family oreineted
Cons
hours
Transportation Security Officers duties.
Transportation Security Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2014
As Officer in Charge (OIC) of security processing. I must maintain focus in a noisy environment and respond quickly to stressful and emergency situations while remaining courteous

Duties include examining baggage through X-ray machines and screening passengers with a hand-held wand, walk-through detectors or other electronic detectors, according to the Transportation Security Administration.
Great place to work, awesome atmosphere, a new adventure everyday
IT Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do something different everyday. Just being at the airport is great because there's never a dull moment and you get to meet new and interesting people everyday.
Working on an active airfield was challenging and exciting
Senior Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2013
I worked at DIA as a consultant with DMJM Aviation.
I learned a great deal about aifield lighting and paving, FAA Advisory Circulars and Quality Assurance.
Intern engineer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2013
A place I learned and applied what was thought in the academic setting.
Airfield Environment
Deicing Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2013
Intense airfield training - specialized operations that met both individual (per-airline) and Federal Regulations for anti-cing techniques involved with "clean aircraft" restrictions.
Pros
Excellent Training, airfield experience and Federal Regulations Training
Cons
Long hours (sometimes 24-32 hour shifts) in very harsh weather conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denver International Airport. Our community is ready to answer.

Denver International Airport Reviews by Location