Denver International Airport Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent, passengers' safety focused
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 12, 2015
A customer focused work experiences
Organizational development,
Organizational change
Teamwork
Human Resource,
customer services
Ensuring saftey
Pros
Bonus and raise
Cons
Short breaks
I asked to help someone by pushing or moving her wheelchair,I I talk to people with disabilities as I would anyone else.I help the person who is unab.
Wheel Chair Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2016
I asked to help someone by pushing or moving her wheelchair,I I talk to people with disabilities as I would anyone else.I help the person who is unable to walk I pushed them as ,a disability. While i talked to them make them feel safe.
electricial trouble calls on a wide range of electricial systems
Electrician, High Tech Electrical Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 29, 2015
troubleshooting an repairing passenger loading bridges, ground power units (gpu) an hvac units. day to day PM's on electrical systems ranging from 24volt to 4160 volts
Pros
great plcae to work daily challenges new things to learn
Cons
snow removale
Great flight benefits with SkyWest Airlines
Line Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2013
Working for SkyWest Airlines is rewarding if you are looking to experience traveling the world. Flight benefits with SkyWest are almost unmatched by any other airline in the US.
Good workplace with excellent staff
Master Scheduler/Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with other professionals in a Project Controls office responsible for project management for the City of Denver. My particular assignments involved working with Project Managers, Contract Administrators and upper level management.
Pros
good working conditions, friendly co-workers, good supervisor
Cons
work was mundane and at times boring, not enough work at times.
Calm atmosphere and relaxing
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2015
I loved the environment at A Massage it was always relaxing and quite even though it was in an airport. I enjoyed making our customers feel at home even if they were far away from it. I wanted to make their experience a great one. I loved the people I worked with learned a lot about massage and spa.
Pros
Got to meet new people from all over the world
Cons
getting to work took a long time having to park, get on shuttle, go through security and walk to job through the airport
Not a bad job at all; the hours can ruin your life/balance though
Aviation Security Officer Hospital Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 25, 2014
Overall, this was a good job at the Denver airport there were some times where I had to check vehicles going into the airport after 9/11 in all kinds of weather. This wasn't in the job description when I applied. Motorists were put out by having to stop for security guards to check their cars/trucks. Seniority is tough, though. You have to climb a ladder just to receive better days off and that could take years to achieve. The pay was worth some of the headaches of this job and that's why I returned after being employed from 2002-2004.
Pros
great atmosphere; a city within itself.
Cons
the working hours and unpredictable moody supervisors.
Very rough work
Construction Tradesman/Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2015
The enviornment was the hardest part of the job to deal with. There was a lot of new employees on the job so that would spread leadeship thin at times.
Fun and busy place
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2013
A typical day as a Cabin Cleaner was to clean the entire inside of the plane, in preparation for the next flight. I learned that honesty and integrity are very important in this job. My managers were always available to help in any problem and situation. My co-workers were not always honest and didn't always have integrity, which ultimately cost them their job, but others learned from their mistakes. The hardest part of this job, is the short amount of time we were given to clean out a plane, before passengers started to board. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing all the passengers leave the plane with a smile on their face.
Pros
you always have something to do
Cons
knowing that people steal stuff all the time
Airfield Environment
Deicing Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2013
Intense airfield training - specialized operations that met both individual (per-airline) and Federal Regulations for anti-cing techniques involved with "clean aircraft" restrictions.
Pros
excellent training, airfield experience and federal regulations training
Cons
long hours (sometimes 24-32 hour shifts) in very harsh weather conditions
Transportation Security Officers duties.
Transportation Security Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2014
As Officer in Charge (OIC) of security processing. I must maintain focus in a noisy environment and respond quickly to stressful and emergency situations while remaining courteous

Duties include examining baggage through X-ray machines and screening passengers with a hand-held wand, walk-through detectors or other electronic detectors, according to the Transportation Security Administration.
Fun, chaotic
Area Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2012
Meetings , meetings, meetings.
Airport operations
superb management staff
Contractors employees great, City and County, not so great.
Conntractor/Design interfaces
a much needed project
Pros
being a part of such a large project
Cons
city and county bureaucracy
Shift work required
Aviation Operations Representative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
Day could either be stressful of boring depending on the events of the day.
Contract Prucrement
Contracts & Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2014
DIA is a world-class airport and the employees are dedicated to their work and the passengers that travel.
Great place to work, awesome atmosphere, a new adventure everyday
IT Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do something different everyday. Just being at the airport is great because there's never a dull moment and you get to meet new and interesting people everyday.
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2012
Overall working at the airport was a great learning experience. Working at an International you meet various types of people and come across multiple situations that test your abilities, so if your not on your p's and q's you wont be able to do an efficient job.
Pros
40+ hrs
Cons
low wages
Working on an active airfield was challenging and exciting
Senior Electrical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2013
I worked at DIA as a consultant with DMJM Aviation.
I learned a great deal about aifield lighting and paving, FAA Advisory Circulars and Quality Assurance.
Slow with no advancment
Customer Service Representative, Budget Rent-A-Car (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2013
check cars for cleanliness, due contracts for customers, handling problems as they come up
Pros
health care
Cons
no upward movement, breaks and lunch at the same time
Great place to work at
Ramp Agent (Servisair) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2013
ive learned alot working at DIA. its fun, you get to be around airplanes alot, meet new people that has been working for the airport for 20+ years..
down sizing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2014
company down sized and that's why I was no longer employed there
Pros
family oreineted
Cons
hours

2.9