Denver Mattress Employee Reviews

Great pay. Benefits with 401k, but no sick time or vacation pay
"Delivery Driver" (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80234January 15, 2018
I worked 4 years and never got any promotions. Excellent pay. It's not hourly but you get paid per delivered weekly $125 bonus, tips as well. Heavy lifting. Every employee will experience muscle and joint pains. You will not get sick or vacation pay.
Pros
Lots of ot, daily tips
Cons
Health insuramce isnt great, no pay sick time or vacatiin pay
Great Place
Warehouse Manger (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 11, 2017
Enjoy everyone that i work for everyone got along team work was great and mangers wasn't breathing down your neck all the time and manger wasn't scare to get there hands dirty
Pros
discounts
Cons
money
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80239November 29, 2017
The overall job is not to bad. The bad part is not being in control of the time you get off. All depends on the factory. Would be better if it was hourly. All comcommision so there is alot of down time.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
To much down time
Mostly a good company, kind of lost ways in their years.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 30, 2017
Working at Denver Mattress was pretty easy. Mostly laid back but always keeping you busy.
Management continued to ask more and more, I think they lost their ways over the ears of ownership.
Pros
average of 45 hours and good pay if you sale
Cons
higher management is out of touch
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. I would love to discuss with you what your specific concerns are, so please feel free to contact me at 303-566-8172.

Good Money Long Hours
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 22, 2017
Expect to work 11- 12 hour days most of the time. Any breaks you take effect your pocket book since it's commissioned based sales. Would recommend if you don't mind traveling.
People-focused company with great culture
SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 19, 2017
Denver Mattress has a rigorous hiring process that ensures that you will be working with great people if you make it through the interviews. The company will bend over backwards to ensure that you can be successful in your role.
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 29, 2017
They really take care of their employees and there are so many opportunities for growth. Great company culture and you are in charge of your paycheck.
Great place if looking for a career.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I have been at Denver Mattress for over 11 years and have worked for them in 4 different stores in 3 different states. I love the company and their honesty. We truly just want to help people sleep better and as someone with a bad back I know how important that is. The training is great and you will learn a lot. It is performance based so you get out what you put in. I love the contests. I have been fortunate to win 5 free cruises. 😁😎. There are a lot of hours but it isn't hard labor so it is not bad. The one drawback is the health insurance. If you do not have multiple dependants it is extremely costly and unhelpful. A single person pays the same as a family of 4.
Pros
Pay is great. Fun place to work. Friendly bosses.
Cons
Insurance.
Awesome company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2017
Denver mattress is a great place to work. Weekly pay, great staff, flexible and good benefits after 3months. Very stable business. The only thing that bothered me was the hours are less then 40.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Les then 40 hours
Loved the work, not the hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHJuly 5, 2017
Working with customers and employees was great. I only worked around 43-45 hours a week which didn't bother me, it was when the hours were. 10 to 12 hour days get old when you don't get to spend any time with your family those days of the week.

Want to know more about Denver Mattress?

Ask a question
Denver Mattress Review:
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHJune 29, 2017
Working at Denver Mattress is overall a good job. There is a very strong opportunity for advancement. The hours are very long and having to work holidays can be difficult. The culture of the company is very good and most of the people that I have worked with had been around my age or a few years older. The pay is commission based so if you have a lot of drive and time to put in the work you can make a lot good amount of money.However you do not get paid for what you sell, you get paid for what is loaded out or taken from the store.This can be difficult and rewarding depending on the week.Overall i would recommend this job to anyone who doesn't have a family and wants to have an opportunity for relocation.
Amazing Place to Call home, and start an amazing career!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 20, 2017
I have worked with Denver Mattress for about a year, and have wanted to post something about this amazing company I do work for, for a long time now! Before I started working at Denver Mattress I was working a job that I wasn't able to advance in, I was making min wage and I was struggling to support my wife and my daughter. I came across an old friend of mine that was working at Denver Mattress and decided to apply after talking with him a little bit about this company. I was scared to work on commission again, and was hesitant at first, but what an amazing opportunity I fell upon. This is the most amazing company I have ever worked for and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. Not only did this company turn my family's life around, it opened my eyes to endless opportunities. In 7months I went from being a Sales Manager Trainee, to an Assistant Manager. I love the people I work with, the people I work for, and the owner of this company. If you are looking for a place to start a career I would look no further, I couldn't imagine working for another company. You get paid time off after a year of being here. You get amazing health insurance, 401k, and opportunity to grow and promote within the company. You are working on commission but don't let that affect your decision, we will give you the tools to be successful! I owe so much to this company, and don't know how I will ever repay them for the opportunities they have given my family and I.
Pros
Promotion opportunities! Payed weekly, A great working environment, Great training, The Pay, Benifits
Fun from time to time
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 9, 2017
Cool management for the most part. I spent countless days during inventory of warehouse. Sales clerks are lazy. During my two days off. Merchandise was never loaded out from the computer. So, when it came to inventory i received a bunch of variances all because things were not loaded out of the computer.
Pros
bonunes
Great environment
Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 31, 2017
Job is amazing, been in sales for years and it's the best pay scale I have had. Great company to work for with paid training and great benafits. Wonderful people too
Great Company with great opportunity to advance
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
A fantastic company to begin a sales career. I learned how to manage a team of 7-8 people. It was almost like operating my own small business and a great opportunity to help develop other employees into leaders.
June 26, 2017

Thank you for your review and we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors. glad we could play a part in your development.

Great company culture and tons of advancement opportunities!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 26, 2017
The company has a very thorough training program, tons of advancement opportunities and a great company culture. They care about their people and want to see them grow and be successful. There are incredible people who work here!
Pros
Great pay, laid back environment, team atmosphere
Easygoing and comfortable
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 20, 2017
Denver mattress has a comfortable environment (pardon the pun) and was incredibly enjoyable for me. I worked in the warehouse, so I got to stay active and interact with customers loading up matresses.
Pros
friendly, engaging
Cons
slightly low pay
Depends on location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2017
Denver Mattress as a company seemed like a great company to work for. The corporate team was changing to the needs of it's customers and employees. However, the Western half of the US assistant managers and sales reps loved the company and seemed to want to make a career out of it. While the eastern half (where I was) viewed the company as a resume builder and stepping stone. I discovered this while attending two trainings in Denver. It is a night and day difference in the upper management styles of the East vs the West. If I was in the Western part I could honestly say I would still be working there. I hope this company does well and if you apply, give it a chance and be ready to move on the soonest advancement opportunity that brings you away from the east.
Pros
Culture, consistent memos, compensation
Cons
Inconsistency in upper managment.
Great Company Culture
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2017
Denver Mattress provides a unique opportunity for someone looking for a place where hardwork, dedication and developed skills are rewarded. When reading reviews of this company it is easy to make the assumption that it all sounds too good to be true. Although, no company is perfect this company has personally provided me and many others a more than fair and reasonable opportunity to succeed beyond what I might have thought was originally possible. The best thing about this company is they support and develop you as an individual understanding that we all have strengths and opportunities to improve. Unlike most companies we spend a lot of time talking about the strengths we have and aren't ridiculed for the things we are not so good at. Retail hours can be difficult to adjust to for someone use to the traditional 9-5 Monday to Friday. Adequate time off is provided it is just during the weekdays. All in all DMC deserves more credit for what they provide in the workplace. I'm sure there are other great places out there work, I'm personally thankful I found one of them.
Pros
Great Pay, benefits and upper management direction. Great products to sell.
Cons
Retail hours if you're not used to that
March 21, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad you found and have taken full advantage of our opportunity and excited for the future.

Solid Career with High Earning Potential
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 15, 2017
Completely solvent company that is truly factory direct gives the salesperson unlimited resources to take care of the customer and make the sale. This company is always on the cutting edge of sleep science and technology. The approach to the customer is no-nonsense, not pushy and integrity based. There are no smoke and mirror sales tactics so I rest easy at night and look forward to coming to work everyday because I know I am truly helping people. Excellent training that is on-going and scientifically based. The company only promotes from with in so I'm always confident in the beliefs of my teachers and trainers. A salesperson typically gets thier own store within 3 years from date of hire. The company is constantly growing and is very strong because every facet of the business is paid for in cash. I typically work only 40-45 hours a week.
Pros
Above average pay
Cons
Work major holidays and weekends
March 21, 2017

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it and look forward to more future success with you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denver Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3