Denver Post Employee Reviews

Dever Post Exprience
Excellent Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2017
My experience with the Denver Post was enjoyable. I enjoyed delivering papers all across the city. I saw something new every night. I never had any problems with traffic or the people making my job fun and easy. I would do it again.
Pros
Working by yourself and driving around the city
Cons
Driving in the city during the winter months.
Pay
COURIER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 16, 2017
They change contract pay without advising you if you get a complain your unable to fix it you get charge $2 a newspaper per miss when you actually get paid cents to that amount to deliver you pay for bags $20a box minimum 3 or more boxes a month plus you get charge $6 dollars for route list every 2 week plus plus $10vehicle insurance only cvovers$500 from a $800 contract youll bring home roughly $400 after driving 20miles every night not worth it
Changing work enviorment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2017
Over the course of time while the company was a good place to work for the change in the Media environment created changes in the jobs itself resulting in outsourcing.
Work at the denver post was good but didnt pay good and hrs are to early
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2017
It would be an really early moring work environment, i learned that theres jobs where the job gets done early and there's lots of punctuality.Manegment is friendly but stricked. And the hardest part of the job is waking up early.
Decent for the time
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 4, 2017
I would go into work about 11pm at night and roll the newspaper, there was great people that worked there and i had a lot of fun. However, due to a knee injury from slipping on ice while on the route, i was unable to keep throwing the newspaper. The most enjoyable part of the job was that i was able to work nights and be home during the day for my kids. However, that also was challenging given that I am also in school and have a newborn.
Pros
Being home with kids during the day.
Cons
Really tired, a lot of wear and tear on the vehicle
Newspaper Carrier
Denver Post newspaper carrier (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2016
Working for the Denver Post was a solid job when I needed extra income. Each morning started at 3 am as papers had to be delivered no later than 6:30 am.

Upon arriving to my station, I had to roll and bag all the newspapers on my route, take them to my vehicle and then deliver them according to my route directions. I was an independent contractor working for the Post.

My manager was a great guy. He allowed me to bring my dog along on my route as I delivered newspapers in a part of town that was rather sketchy.

The most difficult part of my job was the early morning hours. I was a new mother at that time and the demands of working and taking care of my sons was physically challenging. However, I appreciated working on my own terms.
Pros
Once my route was completed, I was finished for the day.
Cons
Early morning hours
Printed the news paper
"Local Chapel Chairman" (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2016
great co workers I worked a combination of 3 different shifts. Worked with management daily to make sure that working conditions were adhered to.The hardest part of the job was dealing with my peers to ensure a safe and productive work place.Working as a Press operator/Chapel Chairman seemed one in the same.
very stressful place to work
Senior Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2016
processing print orders
learned about print requirement
management was hard to deal with
co-workers were ok
hardest part of job was not knowing how long it would last
enjoyed the flexibility
Pros
the pay was good
Cons
moral
Loved the Denver Post
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 18, 2016
This is a place to develop and grow every day. My typical day is never filled with the same tasks, it is ever changing.

My co-workers were like family and the management strives to make it past all judgements of the newspaper decline.

The ONLY thing that is to be concerned about is the fact that the Post is owned by a hedge fund who's prior MO is to cut down the company while making a profit until there is nothing left. I have seen so many talented and amazing people be laid off and it's heart breaking every time.
Good place for detail-oriented people
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COSeptember 30, 2016
For potential carriers, if you are detail-oriented and love working independently, this is the place for you! It is helpful to know what you can use as tax deductions since carriers are independent contractors. Advancement possible for the right people; management supportive and helpful.
Pros
Great for those who wish to work largely on their own.
Cons
Seven days a week, be sure to find a substitute!
Carriers are nice, responsible people.
Distribution Agent (Former Employee) –  Ft Collins/LovelandApril 1, 2016
Too many hours. Agents would work nights to ensure distribution, work during the day to ensure customers were taken care of. Zone managers are great people, easy to work with. Carriers are amazing. The industry is not very modern and therefore; has been consolidating for years. This actually works well for everyone, but the budget has also been cut until it is hard to retain carriers which makes if hard to maintain customer service.
Pros
relaxed environment, great people
Cons
too many hours
Late nights
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COFebruary 10, 2016
This job had me paying them for the right to work for them they quoted me a salary that was very far from the actual salary and it was very difficult to contact my supervisor.
Pros
Low hours
Cons
Paid to work for them
Woring at the Denver post has proven to be a valuable experience.
newspaper carrier (Current Employee) –  Montrose County, CONovember 8, 2015
Working at the Denver Post has been a wonderful experience.
My co-workers are kind, and they are always willing to answer my questions.
The best part of the job for me, is the feeling of self worth that it gives me. I am proud of myself when I don't get any misses, or if I'm done early.
The hardest part of the job is satisfying some of the customers. The paper isn't late until after 9:30a.m. but they still call at 7:30a.m. to report a miss. I make sure to please them none the less.
My manager is a compassionate and kind person, to whom you can rely on to help you. At the same time he shows us that this is work and we need to make sure we are on task.
Good people, good leadership
Account Executive, Real Estate Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2015
really good people but horrible benefits and not much structure. Everything is based on numbers and results as any sales driven org is therefore there isn't a lot of job security and high turn over.
Okay as a part time job
Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 1, 2015
In a typical work day, show up count you Denver Posts put them in there bags. Gather up other newspaper such as New York Time, USA Today, Barron, IBD, Wall Street JOurnal and put them into there designated bags. Leave the warehouse and head to my route, place papers at the correct subscribers house or office.
The people there are very nice adn friendly to work with.
Hardest part of the job is gathering up the newspaper and putting them into there bags.
Most enjoyable part is finishing the route and comig home.

Pay is okay, alot of charges since you an independent carrier.
Pros
Free newspaper
Cons
pay amount
Good place to work for.
Press Roll tender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Denver Post in their commercial print division. Management was straight forward as to what they expected of you and were more than happy to celebrate achievements and mile stones. I will miss working with all the friends I made while at this company.
Pros
health care, 401k, vacation/pl
Cons
An endangered field
Good experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2015
Learned a lot at the job. Had a solid line of products. Good support staff. Lots of perks like trips and contests.Good work life mix Management had a lot of infighting.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
It was a newpaper
Run from this place....horrible place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  DenverJanuary 11, 2015
Managers are not knowable at all about the products, they don't offer any assistant or leadership. All they care about is the bottom line at the end of the day. Run...don't walk from this poorly run operation they call a newspaper.
Pros
Cons
MICRO MICRO MICRO Management....too many to write
ok work place just not much room to advance
Delievery man (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 3, 2015
I just fold papers, do routes, and throw extra apartment routes
Pros
lots of papers to do ok pay sometimes
Cons
not much downtime, lots of long night shifts
where dreams turn to nightmares
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 20, 2014
Low morale. management is misguided, judgmental and very political. High turn over because no one is happy.
Pros
Great company
Cons
too many to list