DENVER PUBLIC LIBRARY Employee Reviews in United States

Worst place I have ever worked
Circulation / Security Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2016
I worked in a hostile work environment almost the whole time I worked there. The people at the branch are worst then high school students when it comes to talking and gasping about staff. The lead even makes up stuff about people so she has something to gasp about. You don't get breaks because the lead said you can't because you get an Hour lunch, no I take an hour lunch because I have to or I would be in overtime. I was told I had to clock out on time at the end of the day but had to continue closing because I couldn't have over time. The senior let's the lead have way to much control, probably explains the turn over rate.
If you go to HR about anything you will be told it's your fault and then treated even worse. I would never recommend Denver public library to anyone.
You don't get paid close to what you should, Raises are horrible, the list goes on.
Pros
PTO
Cons
No breaks, horrible health benefits, hostile workplace, horrible management
Great experience
Senior Library Clerk / Bookmobile Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2015
I was only at this position for a short time, due to a serious injury. This library treated me like gold. It is hard to rate certain things, based on the short amount of time I was there. However, people stick around. The benefits are excellent. I am still receiving benefits after only working here a short time, due to disability, and I hope to be able to return to work soon. I would love to restart my career at this library. Every manager I have met is intelligent, listens, and really values people and the library. It was obvious things are well run.
Fun place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2014
Answering phones. Stocking shelves. Working with computers and small children.
Culturally diverse staff, public is their middle name, excellent resources.
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2012
Great place to work, some of the best employee benefits around. The variety of materials whether reference or entertainment is superb.
Pros
tuition re-imbursement, great healthcare package.
Cons
inflexibility of work schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DENVER PUBLIC LIBRARY. Our community is ready to answer.