Denver Water Employee Reviews in United States

Overall a good place to work
Water Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 27, 2015
DW feels kind of like working for the city. Upper management appears to have been trying to make DW less government like and more private where employees are held more accountable and raises are now a merit based system vs. the automatic step system that used to be in place which seems like good thing.

DW could benefit by removing the overpaid longtermers that are currently eligible to receive their full pensions but are hanging in because they are afraid to retire and trying to rack up there pension. Overall the people are good to work with and mostly laid back.

Biggest downside is managements overemphasis on striving to be the "Best Utility in the Country", this is actually there real stated goal. The idea is nice, I guess, but they do not seem to know what being the best is and how to go about getting there without running out many of there good employees.
Pros
Nice People, steady and mostly predictable, good cause
Cons
Bad employees are too protected
Unreliable supervisors in call center
Customer Service Representative in call center (Current Employee) –  QuivasJuly 9, 2015
Co workers were great to work with, but the supervisors in the call center are lacking in knowledge and never available when you need assistance.
Pros
Great benefits and nice people
Cons
Call center needs reliable and knowledgable supervisors
good job bad managers
Equipment Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2015
the job was hard back breaking work but the pay and benefits where great its the old school management that was inflexible to new ways of doing things. or new approaches that worked some where else
Pros
good pay, great benefits and time off
Cons
poor managers
terrible place for IT workers
tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2015
It was a terrible place to work, and I knew it was a mistake my second day there. For 2+ years I was there we did mandatory over-time two weekends a month.

The management was incredibly poor in leadership and vision. They view employees like furniture that can just be replaced at will. Never dealt with problems
Pros
that I left
Cons
work balance, management
Great co-workers, lots of change
Environmental Compliance (Current Employee) –  DenverOctober 20, 2015
I don't have much negative to say. Denver Water served me very well while I was employed there. My co-workers were great, management was in shambles due to reorganization.
Best place to work
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2014
Denver Water is truly the best place to work. I really enjoy the company, its people, and its culture. It is an honor to be part of the Denver Water mission.
Pros
stability, security, benefits
Cons
management
One of the best job I ever had
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2015
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Did not really "work" for them
Water Treatment Technician II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 4, 2015
This was a contracting service. Worked at one of the sites that they contracted out to. Did not really spend much time working at that job.
Pros
Good pay for skills
Cons
None really
Good people, good culture
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 4, 2014
Denver Water has a policy of working for environmentally and socially responsible long-term strategies for ensuring clean, safe water for residents of the greater metropolitan area. The culture is customer- and employee-friendly with a sense that use of a limited resource vital to everyone must be conservative, but needn't be adversarial. Innovation, conservation, cooperation, and a little fun make it a pleasant place to work.
Pros
the people and culture
Cons
water is scarce and sometimes the public is grouchy about it
Great Experience
Engineering Systems Tech I (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2014
Learned a lot and had great opportunities to visit project sights and learn about project management.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  QuivasJune 12, 2013
I learned that Denver Water has double standards in their call center. The training was inadequate at best and you are just expected to know things. No objectives were writtend down or given.