Denver Water Employee Reviews

Antiquated job culture
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2017
Not easy to adapt as a new employee, current employees do not value your input if you do not have 10 or more years with the company. Management is driven by numbers that they do not fully understand
Best Utility in the Nation
Lean Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
Looking back at my time at Denver Water, I learned the culture and the people are the best assets. The people make the organization strong. They strive to do their best and provide a great product...water. It is truly great tasting and the people there make it happen.

Currently, DW is in the process of making it better. They are doing that, by looking at the ways they do business and provide a service.

Customer Service is the organizations main focus.
Pros
Great people, new build in the process.
Cons
Sometimes leadership doesn't always understand the organization of their people.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Engineering Systems Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2017
Very relaxed management but still has set goals to achieve.
Employees are knowledgeable and hard workers. Co workers were very entertaining and kept work lively.
Cons
Work can be tedious
Fantastic Management with a fun Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204January 6, 2017
Extremely fun place to work based solely on the people who worked there.

I wish I could've stayed on longer, but seasonal jobs are what they are: seasonal.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
An excellent company to work for; is a governmental type job under the City and County of Denver.
Legal Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2016
I worked as a paralegal/secretary from 1998 to 2010 ( the first two years were as a contract paralegal). During that time I learned several software programs, most of which were required in order to analyze, categorize and review for trials. My co-workers also had worked for Denver Water over 10 years. The attorneys were knowledgeable, and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was leaving. Actually, the hardest part was when we were in preparation mode for an upcoming trial. However, the work was interesting and fun, especially learning a great deal about Water Law.
Pros
All the major holidays off, excellent benefits, education reimbursement program, continuing education programs
Cons
If one is not interested in Water Law and regulations, then working there would probably be too tedious a job.
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2016
Answer calls in cue, provide support to customers regarding their accounts and Denver Water related product and services, providing excellent customer service.
terrible place for IT workers
tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2015
It was a terrible place to work, and I knew it was a mistake my second day there. For 2+ years I was there we did mandatory over-time two weekends a month.

The management was incredibly poor in leadership and vision. They view employees like furniture that can just be replaced at will. Never dealt with problems
Pros
that I left
Cons
work balance, management
Great people, interesting and valuable work
Property Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2015
Current effort is to become the #1 Water Utility in the Nation.
Excellent financial reserves, conservatively managed, It is a Governmental Enterprise Fund
Overall a good place to work
Water Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 27, 2015
DW feels kind of like working for the city. Upper management appears to have been trying to make DW less government like and more private where employees are held more accountable and raises are now a merit based system vs. the automatic step system that used to be in place which seems like good thing.

DW could benefit by removing the overpaid longtermers that are currently eligible to receive their full pensions but are hanging in because they are afraid to retire and trying to rack up there pension. Overall the people are good to work with and mostly laid back.

Biggest downside is managements overemphasis on striving to be the "Best Utility in the Country", this is actually there real stated goal. The idea is nice, I guess, but they do not seem to know what being the best is and how to go about getting there without running out many of there good employees.
Pros
Nice People, steady and mostly predictable, good cause
Cons
Bad employees are too protected
Great co-workers, lots of change
Environmental Compliance (Current Employee) –  DenverOctober 20, 2015
I don't have much negative to say. Denver Water served me very well while I was employed there. My co-workers were great, management was in shambles due to reorganization.
One of the best job I ever had
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2015
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Unreliable supervisors in call center
Customer Service Representative in call center (Current Employee) –  QuivasJuly 9, 2015
Co workers were great to work with, but the supervisors in the call center are lacking in knowledge and never available when you need assistance.
Pros
Great benefits and nice people
Cons
Call center needs reliable and knowledgable supervisors
Did not really "work" for them
Water Treatment Technician II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 4, 2015
This was a contracting service. Worked at one of the sites that they contracted out to. Did not really spend much time working at that job.
Pros
Good pay for skills
Cons
None really
good job bad managers
Equipment Operator 2 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2015
the job was hard back breaking work but the pay and benefits where great its the old school management that was inflexible to new ways of doing things. or new approaches that worked some where else
Pros
good pay, great benefits and time off
Cons
poor managers
Great Experience
Engineering Systems Tech I (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2014
Learned a lot and had great opportunities to visit project sights and learn about project management.
Best place to work
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 26, 2014
Denver Water is truly the best place to work. I really enjoy the company, its people, and its culture. It is an honor to be part of the Denver Water mission.
Pros
Stability, Security, Benefits
Cons
management
Good people, good culture
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 4, 2014
Denver Water has a policy of working for environmentally and socially responsible long-term strategies for ensuring clean, safe water for residents of the greater metropolitan area. The culture is customer- and employee-friendly with a sense that use of a limited resource vital to everyone must be conservative, but needn't be adversarial. Innovation, conservation, cooperation, and a little fun make it a pleasant place to work.
Pros
The people and culture
Cons
Water is scarce and sometimes the public is grouchy about it
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  QuivasJune 12, 2013
I learned that Denver Water has double standards in their call center. The training was inadequate at best and you are just expected to know things. No objectives were writtend down or given.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denver Water. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7