DENVER ZOO Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great for personal advancement
Nutritional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2015
Working for the Denver Zoo is a great position because I am able to use my nutrition background to produce high quality products. The main responsibility that I have is to produce nutrition and allergen information for the companies restaurants. I can work at my own pace and when I have allotted time. The management is extremely receptive to my feedback.
Pros
Work at my own pace
Cons
The position was not consistent with work
This job was very fun and I got to meet a lot of people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at the register would consist of sales and greeting people into the Zoo. I learned how to cater for weddings and special events. The management was great, and we were never short on staff. My coworkers turned into great friends, and were always dependable. The hardest part about my job was the catering part. I love doing it, but it was hard when I served the food to people and they didn't like it. The most enjoyable part was getting to experience working by the animals, and also getting to set up for great events at the Zoo.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
when people would get mad at you if they didn't like their food.
Graphics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 23, 2014
Denver Zoo is a great place to work. The people are committed to great cause and are fun to work with. I love what I do and the environment in which I get to work.
Gift shop was a fun place to work, especially working Barista
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2013
Everday I came in and had to have a mini meeting, and went and did my part to clean up the store, making everything presentable. I learned a few things about the zoo animals while working their. The hardest part of the job was on really slow days, having absolutely nothing to do.I loved being Barista for the gift shop, it ensured you would stay busy and you wouldn't be watched over like a hawk by management.
Pros
free lunches and coffee
Cons
everyday we had a staff meeting.
productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2013
having a good times. always busy with someyhing to do. coworkers and management was very friendly and always helpful, even on busy days.

4.7