DENVER ZOO Employee Reviews in United States

Only the animals and other co workers are worth working here
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2016
Dont get me wrong i love working here but the pay isnt really much when you work you butt off everyday. you litteraly have to pay for everything. Uniforms such as t shirt($21.00) Wind breaker $20.00
Fleace jacket $15.00 your own slacks that must be black and non slip shoes which also have to be black. Management is getting worse and worse. We can no longer wear shorts during the summer time...... Co workers are amazing but i wouldn't recommend working here if you're looking for a career.... this is a job for teenagers during the summer time...also there is NO benefits what so ever....
Pros
co workers and animals
Cons
no free lunches or help with uniforms cant wear shorts in summer...
Quality magazine and wonderful staff
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2016
I interned at Bakersfield Life magazine out of college and it was a great experience. I was given plenty of responsibility and even allowed to write a cover story for one of the issues.
Great for personal advancement
Nutritional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2015
Working for the Denver Zoo is a great position because I am able to use my nutrition background to produce high quality products. The main responsibility that I have is to produce nutrition and allergen information for the companies restaurants. I can work at my own pace and when I have allotted time. The management is extremely receptive to my feedback.
Pros
Work at my own pace
Cons
The position was not consistent with work
This job was very fun and I got to meet a lot of people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at the register would consist of sales and greeting people into the Zoo. I learned how to cater for weddings and special events. The management was great, and we were never short on staff. My coworkers turned into great friends, and were always dependable. The hardest part about my job was the catering part. I love doing it, but it was hard when I served the food to people and they didn't like it. The most enjoyable part was getting to experience working by the animals, and also getting to set up for great events at the Zoo.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
when people would get mad at you if they didn't like their food.
Graphics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 23, 2014
Denver Zoo is a great place to work. The people are committed to great cause and are fun to work with. I love what I do and the environment in which I get to work.
productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2013
having a good times. always busy with someyhing to do. coworkers and management was very friendly and always helpful, even on busy days.