Department of Agriculture

Department of Agriculture Employee Reviews

Create routes for trapping, collection of hives, Lab Identification
Trainer and coach for Bee Keepers and public (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Excellent Salary
Cons: n/a
Able to work independent, train apicultures, beekeepers, agricultural employees, medical staff for profilaxis and treatments, Genetics for F1 and next generations, Broadcasting, Speeches, Classes, for all those related with the killer bee and the behavior and honey bee production.
Productive, informative
RD, IT Contractor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Government project
It was a great experience working with US Department of Agriculture. I had an amazing experience of working with various nationalities in a short span of time. This helped me to increase my communication skills and my technical capabilities as well. This was the project that was an eye opening to me which made me understand the various ways of interaction with the different customers according to their needs and requirements.
Military job.
Administrative Services Clerk (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 21, 2015
This job teaches you accountability to your superiors, peers and subordinates. Being a military member provides an experience like no other career can provide. It's a life style that is not for everyone, just a select few.
Eh...It's okay
Policy Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2015
Great starter job, but don't look to advance. May not be the best for the ambitious. I have been here for two years but am aggressively looking for a place that will allow me to further develop my skills.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), beltsville,mdJuly 14, 2015
great place to work friendly people great atmosphere. Easily adaptable workplace. typical day at work was routine cleaning of bathrooms, offices & other personnel designated areas
Productive workplace
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon,DCJuly 10, 2015
Nice place to work at. Good management. Work culture is good. There is a lot of scope for learning which is very important.
Maintenance Worker - WG-08 (Former Employee), San Acacia, NMJuly 3, 2015
Excellent work environment, Flex schedule and a great staff to work for at Sevilleta Wildlife Refuge. All co workers were very knowledgeable and very caring. Would work there again if given a chance.
Perfect part time job to have in college
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), State College, PAJuly 1, 2015
I did water and soil processing in the agricultural research lab. This included weighing out samples, running them on machines to process them, then sending them to a different lab to get analyzed. In the lab I had to be very accurate and organized in order to get good results.
The management was fantastic! They were very understanding with my varying work schedule due to my coursework. My co-workers were wonderful! They were very nice and always very supportive with whatever I was going through in school or life.
The most difficult part of the job was that it was very monotonous work. But I loved the people I worked with and the atmosphere of the lab.
Important Work, Innovative, Forward Thinking
Plant Variety Examiner (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules, retirement planning, health care, sick leave, vacation leave
Cons: Some facilities are old and need refurbishing.
The department is working to support local food production, access to nutritious food for school children and low income people. Innovation is key to growing food and the department is focused on supporting a diverse portfolio of forward thinking farming practices.
Personnel (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 28, 2015
Enjoy supporting the mission of the scientist and how they support our agricultural environment, food and services. I enjoy my job.
clearview
Wellness Supervisory Nurse Manager (Current Employee), clear viewJune 26, 2015
Responsible for the acute care of young adult population
Coordinated wellness programs for employees/students
Coordinated with Weber-Davis Health in wellness programs
Coordinated with the Center of Disease Detection and Treatment
Providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities (504/IEP)
Food inspecting
Consumer Safety Inspector GS (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 24, 2015
Enjoyed ensuring the regulatory requirements are being met. Inspecting product for wholesomeness and misbranding. Ensuring a quality product unadulterated enters commerce.
Flexible workplace
Visitor Services Representative (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJune 21, 2015
A typical work day included answering phone calls which was a part i enjoyed alot because i enjoyed interacting with customers even if it was just over the phone. Also i learned alot about our forest and how much it has to offer to the public.
Great
Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Vernal UtahJune 15, 2015
Working with the Forest Service is great. Opportunities for advancement and chances to fight forest fires as well as do lots of traveling.
Great People Great Research
Biological Science Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FloridaJune 15, 2015
We worked hard, we had great work friendships and I personally learned a lot. My supervisor was very promoting of learning new skills and we were given the freedom to work independently and were able to get so much done. Going to miss working here it was an honor and a wonderful experience.
Productive and fun enviroment
Education Specialist/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix,AzJune 9, 2015
Pros: Being able to make a difference
Cons: No direct deposit
Each day is a new challenge. Being able to make a difference in young people lives is a blessing. I get to meet new families everyday who are new to bringing their little ones to a childcare facility. Each day my communication skills get stronger and my experience gets better!
Strange but rewarding place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2015
Pros: Excellent teamwork, open and friendly workplace
Cons: Far too much bureaucratic red tape, politicking, and silo'd structure
This was my first experience working for a Federal agency, and I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was for the level of bureaucratic red tape. The IT division of the USDA is extremely silo'd - in my opinion this leads to a great deal of the issues I confronted with efficient and effective troubleshooting, system administration and project management.

On the other hand, within my team on the Service Desk Organization, we were a highly supportive and enjoyable team to work with. Within the limitations of our purvue, we were efficient, effective, with a great deal of mutual support - no one on our team was afraid to ask for help, and everyone willingly dove in.

Were I offered the opportunity to return to the SDO as a direct Federal employee, or via a more reputable contracting agency, I would do so without hesitation.
Best Places I worked ever
QA Tester (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2015
A good work environment, disciplined co-workers have always been motivated me to work with. Though sometimes requirement will not be very clear and takes more time to verify.
Good place to start working at
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 27, 2015
They are very friendly and welcoming new employees.
Free breakfast on Mondays. Social gathering. Cool people.
Nice working area.Good for start a job.
a very productive workplace an fun to work
Greenhouse Worker (Former Employee), Alderson, WVMay 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches, health insurance
Cons: not alot of work in the winter
planted grass, trees, flowers, shrubs for companies all over the country. planted grasses along rivers banks from keeping them from washing away.

1 2 3 4 5

About Department of Agriculture

We provide leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and related issues based on sound – Read more

Department of Agriculture Salaries

Loan Assistant
$42,759 per year

Department of Agriculture Photos

Montana
I was with my co-worker attending founding anniversary in Pagadian City, Philippines