DEPARTMENT OF BUILDINGS Employee Reviews

College Aide (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2015
Enhanced my skills in communication and professionalism. Management and co-workers were there if I needed any guidance or support in any part of job that may have been difficult to understand. Their assistance taught me to be understanding and comfortable in my workplace.
friendly and productive environment
Office Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 12, 2015
working this job taught me how to use the program Microsoft excel. A typical day would be to come in and get to work right filling in information on the the computer. Sometimes i would go onto the field to look at future building projects in progress. that gave me sense of how the DOB is trying to improve the city.
Productive, challenging and a lot of skill building.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), New York, New YorkApril 10, 2015
Pros: Travel time, food places and stores.
Cons: None
At the Dept. of Buildings I worked in the General Services Dept. where we serviced all aspects of running the building and serving personnel.

I enhanced my skills to a very high degree utilizing Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Outlook. Along with the utilization of these skills I was challenged of keeping important records. I developed filing systems and created organization sheets in order to accommodate easy look-ups for co-workers and clients.

It was indeed a pleasure helping the public get on the right track of what had to be done and turning a positive into a negative.
productive environment that require good customer service.
Clerk II (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2013
enter data into the data base, filing, and customer service.
Department of Buildings is Great.
Work-Study Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2013
I like the Department of Buildings. It is a great place to work.