DCS protects children who are victims of abuse or neglect and strengthens families through services that focus on family support and preservation. The Department also administers child support, child protection, adoption and foster care throughout the state of Indiana.
Mission: The Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS) protects children from abuse and neglect, and works to ensure their financial support.
Vision: Children thrive in safe, caring, supportive families and communities.
• Every child has the right to be free from abuse and neglect
• Every child has the right to appropriate care and a permanent home
• The best place for children to grow up is with their own families
• Children and older youth have the right to permanent and lifelong connections
• Parents have the primary responsibility for the care and safety of their children
• In personal accountability for outcomes, including one’s own growth and development
• Every person has value, worth and dignity – less