Department Of Consumer Affairs Employee Reviews in United States

good to meet people
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
its all About the consumer must be on time and always welling to go above n beyond always on the move and some times working through lunch
Wonderfull expirience.
ASSISTANT PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 27, 2015
My assignment were:

Press conference
Press release
Social Media

I learned to create new projects for the company and protocols related to public relations.

PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT
Equipped to provide excellence in high- level support
Highly-dependable, bilingual and social abilities with aptitude to help others. Creative, dynamic, agile, organized and punctual. Willing to learn and improve myself. Follow instructions and work as a team. Empathy and working under pressure.
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
• Knowledge in protocol, editing, press conference, crisis management, investigating markets and creating advertising campaigns.
• Knowledge in statistics, press release, and journalistic writing.
• Certified as social and corporate event coordinator.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Solid summer internship, opened my eyes to QA
QA Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
Weekly meetings for projects, with target issues and report guidelines. The day was allotted for research, working on spreadsheet analysis, and technical report writing. QA department was close knit, and a lot of personality types blended well together, both with other interns and main staff. The hardest part is writing a complex idea in simpler terms within reports, but the most enjoyed part was report presentations.
Pros
consistent workflow, clear requirements, fair management
Cons
short breaks, creativity limited at times
Gained great work experience with the State of CA
Seasonal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2014
My daily duties as an office assistant consisted of answering phones and routing calls to appropriate person, drafting and disseminating letters and memos, assisting staff with general clerical tasks. I learned a lot about the services we provided to consumers by holding medical professionals accountable to their actions. I absolutely loved my manager and co-workers. They were a fun and lively group of people. The hardest part of the job was that it was only part time but the most enjoyable part was definitely the great work environment.
Pros
great co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
needed a full time job but only part time available there
Not a fun workplace
COMMUNITY ASSISTANT, PER DIEM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Directors making decisions in a personal manner as opposed to a professional manner.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
inexperienced directors
Delivered mail to different divisions
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2013
A typical day at DCA was clocking in and assisting in getting mail ready for the routes. After preparing the mail I would get the mail for my route ready and put it into the vehicle and drive on my route. After driving my route in the morning I would take a lunch then I would get my afternoon route ready then go out on my second route. After my second route was complete I would go back to the office and assist in putting mail carts away for the night and I would clock out. Management was good. My co-workers worked well with me and they helped me a lot when it came to sorting mail. The hardest part of the job was memorizing all the routes. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing excellent customer service to everybody that I saw on my routes.
Pros
driving
Cons
distance
A lot of potential -- try after election
Employee (Former Employee) –  NYCFebruary 14, 2013
Could be a great agency, and maybe it once was, but under this administration, employee morale is very low, turnover extremely high, and management is poor and unprincipled. Ironically, the agency, which advocates honesty and transparency in businesses, just obstructed a routine audit by the Comptroller and is now being investigated by the Department of Investigation.
Pros
some great staff
Cons
poor management, low morale, high turnover
Nice Career, Furlough are the only downfall.
AGPA - Records Management (Current Employee) –  Sacremento, CAJuly 27, 2012
Projects, upgrades with current systems and products. The process of mail deliveries and functionality on a daily basis in a high productive environment are fun as well as the digital print facility I work with.
Pros
close to home, great team
Cons
furloughs
Good but looking to explore more options
Staff Services Analyst (General) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 24, 2012
I like my job but and the work is interesting but I'm looking into other aspects that could provide me some flexibility to be at home more.
Pros
medical
Cons
no flexibility
Fun position with NYC as the office
Provisional Inspector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2012
This position was primarily field work with very little office time. Inspectors would have approximately an hour at the beginning of the day to compile a route sheet of the locations which they will be inspecting that day, then its off to the field to begin inspections. Inspections were often done alone unless management seen fit that more than one inspector was necessary. As an inspector I learned how to be a very self motivated employee, my communication and interpersonal skills were perfected, and my written and verbal skills were enhanced. My co-workers were extremely understanding and helpful as we all understood the hardships of being a field employee. Immediate management within this position were very helpful as all of them worked their way through the ranks starting off in the Inspector position. Higher management was not as understanding, as much of they request and policies were unfit and unrealistic of that o a field working employee. The most enjoyable part of my job was the freedom and trust that I was given, in which I worked all over the five boroughs with little to no supervision. The hardest part of my job would have to be leaving, as it was no request of my own instead it was a change within city regulations which resulted in the release of all provisional employees.
Pros
position was comprised of field work, which allowed me to travel the five boroughs and encounter a wide range of people.
Cons
consistently changing policies from upper management cause lack of ease within work environment.
The work place was very safe n friendly!
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York,NYFebruary 13, 2012
The environment was safe. The employees were very friendly. The office manager was willing to teach me all i needed to learn as a clerical aide.