Department of Defense
1,357 reviews

Department of Defense Employee Reviews

Professional Work Enviroment
All Source Intelligence Analyst (DIA) (Current Employee), Washington, DC (DIA)June 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
• Analyze and produce finished all-source intelligence assessments on a broad range of substantive issues in all production formats
• Provide critical assistance to ensure the analytical products area provided to the customer and are properly posted to on time applications
• Responsible for monitoring existing events and developing and assessing Middle East political and military leadership, security and military forces issues
• Organize and conduct intelligence assessments by researching , evaluating and integrating all source data in production including information papers, articles and briefings for DIA, DoD seniors and national level customers
Working with a team
WG-4 Store Worker (Former Employee), McChord ABJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We all worked very well together to complete tasks and projects given to us by management. I enjoyed organizing and cleaning the warehouse.
Meaningful work with opportunity to hone skills
Small Arms/Artillery Repairer (Former Employee), Red House, WVJune 29, 2015
Provides many opportunities to use customer service skills as well as build teamworking abilities. Job specific skills are fine-tuned in a fast paced, goal oriented atmosphere.
productive and efficient
SENIOR ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN IV (Current Employee), China Lake Naval Weapons Center, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: all pros
Cons: no cons
Very easy to work for. constant on the job training. good personal reviews every year. excellent benefits, compressed work schedule, every holiday off. comp time.
Great place
Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 28, 2015
Working here offers job stability, good pay and benefits, and lots of opportunities to try new jobs in new locations while serving a worthy mission.
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: long hiring times
I believe the Department of Defense is a great place to work i would not want to work any where else and i wish i could go back to working there.
Productive Place
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: Difficult management style
Great work environment, able to work hours that best fit my schedule. Learned how to support different programs and projects.
I love this job
In and Out Processing- Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Bliss, TXJune 24, 2015
Though it could be very tedious, the job was really awesome in my eyes. You never knew what you were going to get on any given day. The staff was awesome and everyone seemed to get along and was very helpful and friendly.
Pong
Police officer (Former Employee), Concord, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits . Vacation. Retirements
Cons: Work days longs. No team work . No promotions
Nice place to work . Benefits. Team work. Good promotion opportunity good retirement. Package. Lots of training. Good opportunity for overtime . Travel.. Incentive package police officer, I have worked as a police officer for over 13yrs and enjoyed every moment of it.productivity is always at an all time high
Productive place to work, very meaningful.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJune 23, 2015
Learned how to locate, identify, and securely move a load of material via fork lift to and from its destination safely. Being a part of the workforce that supplies the US Military, is very rewarding and meaningful. Enjoyed those that I worked around and those that I worked for.
Many opportunities, great benefits
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: all good
Cons: non
Very disciplined, work outlined, No micromanaging, many opportunities for advancement with yearly raises, step increases and bonuses. Able to transfer easily.
great for someone with a family
Architect (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 22, 2015
The hardest part is knowing that your career is over after agreeing to work for the Government. The best part is being at home every night while raising kids.
I guess professionals constantly evolve. I designed for almost 20 years & branched out by representing the Navy Medical Center during design & construction. It's been rewarding.
Productive and rewarding
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 19, 2015
Pros: Rewarding, challenging, benefits.
Cons: Occasional long hours and the actual closure of my base.
Served all 5 branches of the military. Efficiently requisitioned, packed and shipped essential supplies to our military worldwide.
Fun place to work
Technology Lab Program Associate (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MarylandJune 19, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
If you like work environments where no day is the same and you are giving back to the next generation than CYS is the place to be.
Security more than law enforcement
Police Cadet (Former Employee), Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, VAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Available Backup
Cons: Slow pace
This is more a security job than a law enforcement position. As a member of the Department of Defense Police you will be assigned to gate guard duty and for a previous municipality officer I was completely dismayed and unsatisfied. Highly motivated and energetic were my downfall.
Department of Defense
Budget /Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJune 17, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, flexibility
Cons: hiring process and promotion system.
I have enjoyed my 8 years being a budget analyst. I support soldiers and civilians and it makes the job more rewarding. I have a great work environment.
difficult
Painter (Former Employee), Watervliet, NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: mismanagement
mismanaged; miscommunications between staff and management
bad time management for schedules; generous benefits and pay; lots of training available
Great place
Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee), Leavenworth, KSJune 16, 2015
This is a great organization to work with. Working with the soldiers allows me to provide a service to others. I have great co-workers who work as a team. Checking patients in for appointments. The hardest part of the job is pronouncing everyone names correctly. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the doctors and nurses.
Great Job and Work Environment
COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJune 15, 2015
I worked in the Management of Information System section of the Fort Gordon Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation.
As a team we provide computer support for over 1100 employees. The support is from ordering and imagining the computers to the end-users.
We provide training for computer access, customer service training, and Microsoft Office Suite training, troubleshooting, networking, software and hardware support.
My team is made up of 5 individuals including my supervisor. We all have different degrees and certifications that enables us to meet our end-user needs.
Good work, large bureaucracy
Team Chief - ISIL (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 12, 2015
Great way to begin a career. Excellent training and deployment opportunities for savings. Fulfilling work, but endemic bureaucracy that detracts from work-life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Department of Defense

The Department of Defense, for one, has made considerable progress since receiving its barely passing grade. MITRE, a Massachusetts-based – Read more

Department of Defense Salaries

$63,764 per year
Engineer
$84,120 per year

Department of Defense Photos

One of the hangars that we maintenance.
Bio- Risk Management Workshop