Department of Defense

Department of Defense Employer Reviews

Benefits - work at oversea
Educational aid (Former Employee), pyungtaek KoreaJune 27, 2014
Pros: oha(overseas housing allowance)
Working at DoDEA School Oversea service is wonderful. School facility is new and staffs are fully qualified professional teacher. Salary, benefit is better than state side and employee can get paid housing.
An excellent example of Professionalism and Team play
Senior Materials Director and Supply Chain (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYJune 26, 2014
A truly positive and challenging environment. I learned as much as I educated. A positive environment and a pleasure to work with knowledgeable professionals.
Enjoyed making sure war-fighter had their equipment.
Contract Specialist Intern GS (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 26, 2014
Pros: everything
I enjoyed the job and the people. Making sure the war-fighter had their proper equipment was the best about the job.
Greatest First Job
LAN Administrator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2014
This was technically my first big boy job, and i have to say, it broke my heart when the contract was not extended.
Work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAJune 23, 2014
Typically only work 8 hour days but sometimes it's very busy and other times it's dead.
Great opportunity to serve the people of the United States
Public Affairs, Public Affairs Specialist/Editor (Current Employee), Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.June 22, 2014
I have enjoyed working with the civilians and Marines at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va.
US Army Officer serving in a variety of command and staff leadership positions.
Deputy Chief, Plans Branch (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 21, 2014
I sincerely appreciated the leadership development and management experiences provided me by the US Army. It was a tough lifestyle; hard on my family with the numerous moves and deployments, but my family stood by me and is proud of the time that I served.
Great Experience allowed me to development my instincts and skills
CONTRACT AUDITOR (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJune 20, 2014
Pros: great training.
This organization has wonderful training to develop a person in a field that is so specialized that one often can not get this knowledge easily any place else. The diversity of contracts one is exposed to is great, the complexity of reviews is challenging. I enjoyed the work a lot.
Productive and fun workplace
Consultant/Sr. Applications Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 19, 2014
Very informative and relaxed place to work.
Co-workers are very helpful and supportive.
Inconsistance with policies and procedures. Does not support what they advertise.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Crane, INJune 19, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: no employee support of work life/home life balance.
Changes occur daily depending in what employees are told and able to do.
Pleasant atmosphere and excellent customer service.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2014
Please refer to Resume for my job experience. The DOD is a excellent place to retire from. That my goal to retire from the Federal Government.
Lots of Travel
Security Specialist (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJune 18, 2014
DISA gave me the ability to see things I wouldn't have ordinarily been able to see. I also received the training I needed to be successful on the job.
Supply Technician
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Barstow, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: pay
The daily duty is inventory materials. I learned inventory concept for federal government. I enjoyed the busy schedule. The associates are hardworking and management is very supportive.
Enjoyed the one on one customer care and atmosphere provided
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJune 16, 2014
In this position I learned how to become a professional and excel in multiple environments. The management provided great leadership training and on the job training, which allowed me the opportunity to achieve a successful integration into the civilian workforce. There was no hard part about this job, and that sentiment was made possible by the amazing – more... staff. – less
Team Work and Unit Cohesion
Information Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: unit cohesion, flexible schedule, learning on a daily basis
Cons: the commute
My current place of employment is full of challenges and precision. During the course of a workday I am responsible for ensuring that users on the enterprise network are in compliance with USAF rules and regulations. My duties also include System Administration to ensure all servers virtual and physical are up to date and operating smoothly. Lastly – more... at times I assist end users with imperfections in network services. – less
Every day is never the same for me.
Military (Current Employee), Fort Drum, NYJune 15, 2014
Pros: benefits for medical, dental and life insurance
Cons: you cannot choose where to be stationed at for the initial contract.
I do a lot of training everyday. Whether it is running, medical, or how to defend myself, it taught me some things I was interested in. Management always changes and usually they have to be strict majority of the time. There are some co-workers that are great at their jobs. I got to meet a lot of new people who I consider my best friends. Many of these – more... people taught me a lot about what they have done and their background of a different state or culture. – less
Departmnt of Defense is a great place to work. It offers opportunities you want believe.
Chief, Command Security Manager (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAJune 13, 2014
Pros: fte and great benefits, not to forget tsp
Cons: can't think of any
I have had great jobs with DOD. Although, I left to better my chances for promotion. If the salary was right, I would like to return. However, I do like where I currently work.
Sense of accomplishment, very technical work, very teamwork oriented
Radar Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Altus, OKJune 13, 2014
Pros: gym time, autonomy, no micromanagement
Cons: healthcare is expensive.
Maintaining Air Traffic Control and Weather Radar Systems.
Learned fix electronics, how to properly interact with customers and outside agencies.
Skilled Coworkers, great team.
No hard parts.
Fixing and figuring out broken items.
Wonderful Place
Material Expediter (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKJune 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: i have to retire one day.
A typical day is good honest work. I've learned that hard work pays off. We work as a team to get the mission accomplished. I most enjoy the job security.
Working for the Government
Civil Service employee (Former Employee), Washington, DC, Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: my desire was to just be a writer
I enjoyed the years I worked for DOD. It was job security, great benefits and travel.

About Department of Defense

The Department of Defense, for one, has made considerable progress since receiving its barely passing grade. MITRE, a Massachusetts-based – Read more

Department of Defense Photos