Department of Defense Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,586 reviews matching the search
Great work environment, awesome people and excellent benefits
Safety and Occupational Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2016
The DLA is a great organization to work for. Supporting America's Warfighters is an awesome opportunity to give back to my former branch of service and to the many who still serve.
Envirnonment of Constant Change
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSApril 8, 2016
This is an environment of constant change and requires adaptability. Lots of opportunity for continuing education. Job security a plus.
benefits
Cons
high volume work load
Fun place to work love my co workers
Store Checker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 7, 2016
Its always a fun day, typical day changes everyday, I learned about alot of different military people, my mangaers were great always willing to help, my co workers were more like family we help each other, the hardest part of my job was getting there because I had to drive 2 hours every day there and back to get there and it was hard, the most enjoyable part was being apart of the team and being able tohelp someone.
Pros
SHOP ON BASE
Cons
2 HOUR DRIVE TO GET THERE
Hectic Workplace
Unit Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAApril 6, 2016
*keeping track of the Financial Liability Reports and current open reports.
* briefing the Colonel and Major over the 3400 man front of the reports which are over 200 million dollars that are currently open and require attention
* working with people who do things how they want instead of by regulation
" most enjoyable part of my job is being the go to person for information
Pros
timely lunch, paid leave and holidays.
Cons
away from family, call in for duty at anytime, proper planning, organization
Good JoB
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  United States Air Force Academy, COApril 5, 2016
Excellent benefits and great work environment. The only reason I moved on is because I out grew the position. I highlly recommend working for the Department of Defense.
Production Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2016
An overall great job with security, and benefits. Although it can become very Bureaucratic at times. The satisfaction makes up for any shortcomings there may be. I would recommend working for the Federal Government if you are afforded the opportunity.
Pros
Benefits, vacation/sick leave, pay.
Cons
Bureaucratic, inefficient, political
Challenging and eye-opening environment; mission-focused
Special Agent/Counterintelligence Investigator (Current Employee) –  Fort George G Meade, MDApril 2, 2016
Each day brings new challenges from senior leadership to CONUS and OCONUS customers. There are no two days that are equal and communication between other Security representatives requires critical thinking, problem solving, and policy-aligned guidance. Learning and comprehending DOD policies and regulations reinforces requirements and statements provided to customers. Management is excited to provide guidance with questions and concerns, while providing mentorship for career progression. My co-workers are also supportive for team collaboration and on-the-job training. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is never knowing who is on the other end of the phone, or email request. Some of the responses are quick and routine information. Often, the information requested requires research, discussions, and confirmation to ensure the appropriate response is given.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, enjoy coworkers collaborative environment, Ability to make own decisions with little to no supervision; when possible.
Cons
Leadership often provides mixed information requiring follow on consultation.
Enjoyed serving my country.
Armed Service Member (Former Employee) –  Stuttgart, GEMarch 30, 2016
Serving my country was a great experience for me. I learned the meaning of purpose behind my work and how to provide superb service.
Pros
Community, brotherhood, benefits, purpose
Cons
Long hours, difficult on family
Productive and fun place to work
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 30, 2016
I love working for the Department of Defense it has a real family atmosphere. The flexibility factor is what makes it ideal for me and my home life.
D.O.D
Small arms Technician Department of Defense (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2016
Work day is pretty much to the point you are given a assignment, an you are given a due date, Management usually consist of high ranking NCO's or Officers so there is really no room for a debate, Co workers are pretty nice.
Dept of Defense
Administrative Assistant/Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 24, 2016
I love serving. I enjoy performing attendance and accountability tasks to help the unit and the NOSC as a whole. Unit cohesion is also an added bonus.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Uniforms
Great
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 23, 2016
Is a Awesome place to work! I really enjoyed the work. I enjoy helping people. I wish I could find another to work like that.
Pros
all around great
Great Service
Special Weapons Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDMarch 22, 2016
Recommended for anyone who wants to serve their country. You will love the travel; however, locations are hit and miss...
Great government job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be ringing up customer's items and merchandise, processing their payments, and bagging up their items.

I learned how to efficiently use the cash register.

Management was good, orderly.

Co-workers were fun and also worked hard.

The hardest part of the job was pleasing everyone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers have a smooth and flowing experience. Get them in and out of the store fast!
na
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 21, 2016
job security. I have been at same place for 12 years.

I learn what the marine needs are very important.
my co workers are very helpful
my job is not hard
Secure job with amazing benefits
Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAMarch 18, 2016
Very easy going, fun place to work. This job is a great place to work for a seasoned paramedic as it is a slow paced environment for 911 calls.
Great Mission, Great People
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2016
As in any service component, the mission comes first. The only negative I could voice, would be the lack of time home, with my family.
Great atmosphere to work in
Dental Sterilization Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 15, 2016
Very fast pace working , and we all have to come together as a team to get the mission done . The management was great and I enjoyed working with all my co-workers . The hardest part of this job was saying goodbye , and having to do a military move . The most enjoyable part of this job was going in to work everyday , my co-workers were like family to me .
very productive
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMarch 14, 2016
very productive
we stayed bust so time went fast
managers were some timey
important to be on time
have to have patience for customers as well
The Commissary
Store Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLMarch 14, 2016
Not a great place to work. They have a variety of people but the whole staff and management need to be replaced and they will not work with your schedule
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management needs replaced

4.3