Department of Defense Employee Reviews

Found 1,703 reviews matching the search
Great Job Security
Production Managment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJune 28, 2016
Work can be stressful at times and lax at times. I enjoy the people I work with. Very professional environment. The benefits are great.
Dod
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 28, 2016
I enjoy my job as a contracts Administrator. Management is very professional and very clear in terms of showing the steps you need to take to become successful in your craft.
Pros
very relaxed environment
Cons
No-cons
Varied Experience in Different Locations
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 27, 2016
The Army is mostly what you make of it, or sometimes what you force yourself to make of it. It is a great solution to force some to mature and others to remain a child for an entire career. Because of a very diverse management from one unit to another, some assignments make be great quality of life and work/life balance while many others are not.
Dod
Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 26, 2016
Fast paced clinic environment, seeing an average of 22 patients a day. Management is essentially no existent. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management. I enjoy my patients the most.
benefits
Cons
management
Like family
Support Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  GuamJune 26, 2016
Great place to work! Everyone is down to earth and always caring and willing to help out. Working with a diversity of people on a daily basis is also such a wonderful experience
Assistant Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDJune 26, 2016
I enjoy waking up every single day and coming into this work environment! - Its nice to manage motivated workers who are willing to learn and strive to be better every day.
Military
Satellite Communications Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 25, 2016
Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions. Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities. Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence. Explain company personnel policies and procedures to employee. Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, monthly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for discipline
Commissary
Federal Store Worker (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAJune 25, 2016
This place is a great place to make some good income, however, the management is lacking dearly. Specifically, managers tend to lack the leadership capabilities to run the store efficiently.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
Productive and relaxed work environment
INFOSEC (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2016
Management is awesome, with no micro-managing. My daily task consist of vulnerability management and assisting management with application security.
Fun workplace and teamwork
Store Associate/Bagger (Former Employee) –  HeidelbergJune 22, 2016
I learned How to be a leader and how people react to each other when it's time to work together and be one as a equal . Teamwork is always the key .
Pros
hour lunches
Great Environment
Quality Assuarance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2016
I haven't been here that long, but so far I love the environment. They have great training and a nice café for lunch. It's a small depot so it doesn't take long to get in for work everyday.
Management does not seem to allocate proper work to everyone
Healthcare/Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJune 16, 2016
Management does not seem to have their schedules up to date nor do they have proper contact information for all employees.
Pros
Hours are great.
Cons
They can place you with any dentsit they want.
N/a
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Cumberland, PAJune 14, 2016
Great place to work at. Great people. Great opportunities. Great benefits. Great schedule. Given opportunity to grow within the company.
Great place to work serving our military
Recreation Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALJune 14, 2016
I worked for some great soldiers, retirees and their families. The ITR (Information, Tickets and Recreation) facility sold tickets to various attractions such as Dollywood, Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, and the Von Braun Center at a discount. I was involved with the Army Concerts and Oktoberfest. A typical day would be selling tickets during our day hours, and once the soldiers were dismissed after their formations, then we could be of service to the soldiers and their families. The most enjoyable job was all the MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) facilities always came together to work with one another when it came time to, and had a great time doing it.
Pros
Cons
Active Duty soldiers moving to Fort Lee, VA
A productive and rewarding work environment that encourages growth and development.
Electronic Duplicating System Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 11, 2016
Working for the Department of Defense has always been my dream, and I can thankfully say since the age of 20, I have been able to live that dream. I have always found there to be opportunity for meaningful work that truly has an affect on the security of this nation. There is no greater reward, than knowing you help keep your home and the home of your family protected.
Military
Sales Store Checker/ Merchandise Order (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 10, 2016
Working at the commissary I experienced a lot of different type of people from different countries. The work atmosphere was a hard one. Because of the different people
Pros
meeting people from other countries
Cons
hard to complete your work
Can't beat it
Distribution Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 10, 2016
As a government employee for 32 years I was privileged to have provided a service to current service members in the Continental US and Overseas.
Pros
Secure and Proud
Great
Chief Plans and Programs 11th Wing Joint BASE (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJune 10, 2016
The greatest place to work for USAF. I was active duty for 20 years as a Security Forces member and Currently work for the DoD as a Program Analyst
Stable and Meaningful
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLJune 10, 2016
Job security and benefits are good, pay is not. Processes are cemented with little room innovation. Flat organization with little room to advance.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Pay
Department of Defense
Web Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJune 9, 2016
Organization is lacking in effective leadership, some policies do not permit for maximum flexibility for a good work/life balance. Very few opportunities for advancement in current subordinate organization; not as concerned with morale and welfare of employees.
Pros
job security
Cons
indifferent organization

4.3