Department of Education Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Sapis Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York City, NYFebruary 23, 2018
excellent place to work helping kids become all they can become.
the culture is great. hardest part is not enough time in a day. most enjoyable part is seeing the change in the children.
Productive and fun
Professional Teacher (Current Employee) –  LagunaFebruary 23, 2018
The work environment was conducive both for teachers and students. Teaching is enjoyable because you can impart knowledge and you can also learn from them.
Pros
Noble profession
Cons
low salary
It was a great place and a very upbeat and fast environment to work in . Very demanding lots to do at all times.
Admin assistant overseeing the schools. (Former Employee) –  nassauFebruary 19, 2018
Assisting in the daily task functions of running the office. Having everything prepared for the schools and teachers. Working closely with the staff and the principle to achieve great result.
Pros
some benfits were bgood such as paid vacation and sick days and working with great people.
Cons
health care benefits/ slow raises
working in the school is a great place work, if you love Children and are interested in teaching children to better themselves.
Crisis Room Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
working at the Department of Education is a great experience. I enjoy working with children, knowing i could make a difference in their lives and shape their future is a great feeling. the staff members i work with are great and it is a team atmosphere. The best part of the job is graduation time every year and see the impact you have made on each child's life.
Pros
pension, room for growth.
Cons
Calm yet comfortable envirinment and setting.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2018
The people here are great and the overall department is ran well. The security is very tight on a daily basis. You know u are definitley safe wwhen you report to work, even though it can be over bearing at times.
Pros
laid back
Cons
security too serious
Muchos procesos burocráticos.
Visual Impairment Teacher-Special Education (Current Employee) –  Bayamón, PRFebruary 12, 2018
Ambiente de trabajo con pocas oportunidades de desarrollar habilidades ya que hay muchos procesos burocráticos no se respeta la labor del maestro
Pros
Aportación a Retiro, aportación plan medico
Cons
Bajo sueldo
The department of education provides a safe and comfortable environment to teach and work in!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 10, 2018
On a typical day at work, I encounter many children who are willing to learn and many adults who aim to collaborate and maintain a healthy work environment for everyone.
Substitute teaching
Certified Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
The job is competitive. Its a great way to learn how to write lesson plans tailored to the Board of Education Standards. I moved around from school to school. Principals use substitute teachers and do not want to pay them what they worth.
Pros
Excellent way to learn how to manage a class
Cons
Principals like to under pay substitute teachers.
productive work place
Academic Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Haiti Island, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Implementing propose curriculum and training of staff. Rebuilding after devastating earthquake as most of the materials, documents and infrastructure were demolished after the major quake.
education
Upper Grade Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  GuamFebruary 8, 2018
I don't feel comfortable sharing how I feel about the company or companies I worked for. All I can say is that DOE does has its good and bad but unfortunately, it was time for me to go.
Pros
schools offs
Cons
no support from admin

Want to know more about Department of Education?

Ask a question
Stressful and unhelpful environment
Procurement Analyst, (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Very fake place, no one helps you out unless it benefits them, the chiefs are useless since they are related to other directors they help each other and cover for each other. No room to advance opportunities are not given. No training at all
Cons
This office is ridiculous, no room for advancement whatsoever, extremely unfair rules applied at any given time depending on manager.
Part time employee
Instructor/ Continuing Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 6, 2018
Excellent work environment and I recieved alot of skills needed in order to move forward with my education and experience. The employees were helpful and the management was professional.
Pros
People and training
Cons
Part-time
stable
Family Associate (Current Employee) –  125 stuyvesant avenue brooklyn NY 11221February 5, 2018
It is a stable work environment. I enjoy working with the parents and students. I enjoy coming to work. the children make my job worthwhile. If you have a passion for education and for children you will be happy here.
It was very productive and challenging
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gallup City, MTFebruary 5, 2018
Department of education caters the learners in a competitive and quality education for all .
I am echanced and professionally develop. Truly I am fortunate to have the opportunity to become a teacher so that I can impart to the learners all the learning I recieve from the department of education.
It has a fun experience where you can see your colleagues during contests and seminars
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Misamis OccidentalFebruary 4, 2018
Department of Education has a good management and administration. the teachers are paid on time. During holidays, there is no work. No class, no work but sill paid.
Pros
holidays are paid, no work for vacation but still paid
Cons
short breaks, long working hours
it was not that fair
Teacher (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 4, 2018
it was good working in the department of education but the salary is not fair enough with the effort i had done with my students, molding them to be productive citizen.
Pros
free training and seminars
Cons
healthcare
productive workplace
Teacher 1 (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 3, 2018
Students learn in a child-friendly, gender-sensitive, safe, and motivating environment.
Teachers facilitate learning and constantly nurture every learner.
Administrators and staff, as stewards of the institution, ensure an enabling and supportive environment for effective learning to happen.
Family, community, and other stakeholders are actively engaged and share responsibility for developing life-long learners.
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Great staff and management, supportive team, management provides guidance to achieve best results for the clients. There is always assistance available when requested.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Confident in my work skills and knowledge
Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2018
A very busy high paced position. I enjoy working hard and at the same time bringing a little laughter to the workplace. I do take my job very seriously and strive for perfection.
Pros
I have work laptop so I can bring my work home to complete.
Cons
Even though I work many hours over, not compensated for it.
Loved working for the Department of Education
Program Officer/Education Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2018
My colleagues were extraordinary. I enjoyed the variety of my assignments. I learned so much and was able to learn many different functions. I was able to provide value and to learn how to monitor strong and weak grantees.
Pros
Great colleagues and interesting and challenging assignments.