Department of Education Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to work
GOVERNMENT ANALYST I (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 21, 2016
Everyone is very friendly, knowledgable of their jobs and makes you feel welcomed from the moment you come in the doors.
Pros
casual business dress code
Cons
Parking can be a problem
World Lenguage Teacher
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCApril 20, 2016
You must have a lot of patience in order to deal with HS students.
I learned how to have thick skin dealing with students.
The most enjoyable was to see how some students really appreciate the teachers help when they need mentoring.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Too much responsability of a little salary
Food service
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Caguas Municipio, PRApril 15, 2016
I would have to prepare the food with other coworkers for when the children get out of class to have lunch. Then I would serve the food to the students and leave work after everything was clean and organized ready for my next shift.
Stressful environment
Subject Facilitator (Current Employee) –  PRApril 10, 2016
We need to plan and instruct each subject area using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
Pros
Interpersonal skills
Cons
Dont pay
Fullfilling and Productive
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2016
I have enjoyed my experience working with children with multiple disabilities. I have had the pleasure I changing lives in ways that both I and their parent didn't think possible.
Pros
The look on a childs face when they accomplish theri goal.
Cons
There are no cons to educating children
Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by the teacher.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 5, 2016
Administers, scores, and records such achievement and diagnostic tests as the teacher recommends for individual students.
Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interest, and abilities
Great place to work.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 3, 2016
Very consistent and constant training available online and in classroom environments. Great place to grow and challenge yourself to keep attaining knowledge in different areas. Encouraged to find a position within the company that fits your goals and lifestyle. No foot on your neck atmosphere,at all. Benefits are awesome and easily explained to find what works for your personal family structure.
Enjoy the kids
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 2, 2016
Have the opportunity to provide nursing to students, staff and families in a community health sort of setting. Dept of ed is a wonderful organization to work for
Pros
BENEFITS, SUMMER OFF
Cons
NO REAL BREAKS
Good place
Substitute Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 24, 2016
Great environment, very friendly people. Always willing to assist and answers any questions, comments or concerns one might have. I recommend working at a place like the DOE
Friendly environment and great help full staff
Web/Application Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2016
i highly recommend to work this company, i really like to work here.
the place to learn new technology and peaceful work location.
Pros
comfortable timing, less tress
Work Day
Administrative Security Specialist, NucoreVision (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
The work day there was great... Peaceful loving atmosphere and loving wonderful coworkers. Also the food options were great as well.
Compensating
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2016
The Department of Education is a great place to work in if you enjoy working with kids. There are also excellent benefits that you recieve when working there.
Behavior modification therapist and teacher. (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 14, 2016
I work as a behavior modification therapist in a healthy environment. I love my job. The hardest part of this, is the situation of my island. I do not receive my pay four months ago.
Im moving to Colorado because my husband works for the Air Force.
A place with great accoutability from the community
Education Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 12, 2016
Student / teacher accountabilty with lessons preparedness for the day's events. I learned to address the needs of students with difficult understandings. managing a group of twenty or more students daily. My co-workers are dependable and resourceful associates. The hardest part of the job is not being able to complete some lessons due to time increments. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my students come to me and say I got it I know what to do now.
Pros
Planning time for next lessons
Cons
Not able to complete some tasks
It is a productive job experience
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 8, 2016
I work with children with special need. I help them throughout the day and enhance their learning. Job culture it's very productive and helpful we all work together to provide students and parents with better service. Excellent, communication with parents, students, and staff. Hardest part of the job it's understanding the children inability to perform the work, and having the patience to work with them. Most enjoyable part of the job it's when you see the children progress throughout the effort and compliance that you have given.
Working in this Department is considered a blessing, but working with a head who doesnt have good qualities in leadership makes me demotivated.
ELEMENTARY TEACHER (Current Employee) –  PHILIPPINESMarch 8, 2016
The Department must give bigger salary and good compensation benefits on those teacher who are assigned in a remote areas. Higher bonuses and bigger benefit in health care services.
Pros
free food and accomodation
Great place to work, I love working with children.
Para Educator Special Education (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great team players, everyone is on the same page. We are all on the same goal. The main focus is to continue educating our chldren for the future.
Pros
I love the support system of my coleagues.
During the health internship , you coordinate health events and provide health servicies to the community
Health Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
plan and coordinate health services to the community, perform blood pressure screenings, BIA's and operate equipment to obtain individuals height and weight.
Pros
gain skills in coordinating events and communcation within the community
Cons
no pay, no benefits
It was a productive endeavor wherein you touch the lives of students
Master Teacher II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, Tacloban City, PhilippinesFebruary 7, 2016
It was a productive endeavor not just for salary, but touching the lives of the students of becoming a better citizen, being the future hope of the country is a different and such an accomplishment when a teacher/ instructor see them become successful in their career.

I learned a lot from people in the same institution with different attitudes and to deal with them is such a wonderful experience by earning another new phase in life having a couple of friends to enjoy with.

The hardest part of the job is when you see students who are not willing to learn. while the enjoyable part of the job is when you see students enjoying he classroom discussions and be able to see them having a successful career meeting them in the public area having a healthy life with a family telling you thank you mam for the opportunity in learning with you and now I am already a successful engineer or of any field having a new car and with his/ her family.
Department of Educacion
Assistant special services to the student (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoFebruary 6, 2016
Was a good job, although it was for short time i acquire a great experience.
I work with children's and i spend a great time.
I learn to be patient.