Department of Education
1,100 reviews

Department of Education Employee Reviews

Fun
TEACHER’S ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Caguas, PRJune 27, 2015
· Assisted in conducting a successful learning experience for students in elementary school

· Helped teacher in a variety of non-instructional duties.

· Tutored students independently or in small groups.

· Administered students’ arrival and departure time.

· Maintained discipline of students in the absence of the teacher.

· Maintained a neat and arranged classroom.

· Reinforce and follow-up learning activities
productive and fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee), la grande princessJune 25, 2015
a day working is really great you get to learn different things everyday in my time with working with this company i have learned more on computer skills such as microsoft excell making copies and faxing and filing papers my co workers were easy to work with and very understanding the hardest part of the job is getting everything done at a certain time with people walking in and out the best part of the job is the learning of computer skills
it okay job.
para (Former Employee), brooklyn, nyJune 24, 2015
the job is minimum they don't give that much of days as you need, but total is an average job to take. I didn't mind it honestly.
day at work
Substitute teacher (Former Employee), east 34th street ,brooklyn. n.y., 11234June 16, 2015
I helped the kids with their homework after school hours. It was a fun and nice environment. The school was near my house.
Administrative wage garnishment (Former Employee), Geneseo, NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: The income
Cons: I had to drive 50 min to and from work
I loved my coworkers and the job I had. The income was amazing and provided for my family. I will miss the friends I had there.
A job full of challenges that help me personally grow.
English Teacher Supervisor (Current Employee), PRJune 10, 2015
This job is gratifying because the challenges we face daily, help us acquire many things that provide with professional growth. Having excellent co-workers and management is a definite plus. The hardest part of the job I would say is the personal time-consuming situations that we must attend. Yet,the most enjoyable part of the job, is the satisfaction of knowing that we helped teachers become better at their field and, of course, knowing that you have made a difference in students' educational endeavors.
Same as previous
Data Processing User Support Technician I (Current Employee), Waipahu, HIJune 2, 2015
Only a year after high school I started at Honowai Elementary School where I was given the tools and freedom to try new things. With this freedom I took the initiative to try out the new Chromebooks, the laptop made by Google. Our school was the first public school in the state to purchase these chromebooks because I felt they would be valuable to our students. What started as a simple 30 computer order has expanded to over 200 chromebooks on campus and both teachers and students are requesting more. Working with kids has challenged me in ways I could never imagined. It forced me to develop the necessary patients I need to be able to work with them and the problems they are able to create keep me on my toes when repairing computers. Hardware or software kids will find away to mess with any part of a computer so it has taught me the in’s and out’s on how they work.
TAKING CARE STUDENTS AND TEACHER
Clerk Typist I (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 1, 2015
I was secretary of finance. I was responsible to make payroll, create letters, charts as needed. Taking care of students, teachers and parents every day that they go to visits the office. There were more than 500 employees working in the building, everybody knows eachothers. The most enjoyable part it was helping other that comes from other countries, give them the perfect services in a public organization.
Good workplace with plenty of support and with helpful members.
Peer Tutor at TRIO (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Frequent events, helpfulness of the staff, and plenty of learning resources.
Cons: more feedback on where I should improve, sometimes signing in was a minor hindrance
*Meets with one student for 1 hour per academic week.

*The tutoring session is conducted after the student has completed an introductory physics lecture.

*Typically, I would start the session by asking the student if s/he has any question.

*If yes, we would address the question either by example or by explaining a concept, doing an example, then suggesting readings and example problems.

*For instance, if the student asks about Newton's 2nd law, I would reiterate the definition, give an example to enhance the student's understanding (either working it out for the student or letting the student work it out under my guidance), and suggest problem 12 on page 49 for example.

*If no, I would proceed to new material, briefly explaining key concepts and allowing the student to work out illustrative examples.

*Weeks prior to exams are purely for review.
Productive and a place for growing personal.
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), PRMay 26, 2015
Pros: Diverse activities.
Cons: Healthcare because the constant pression of the work.
Begin the day with a positive message and start the class. I learn every day of every student of the personal experience. It's a lot administrative and clerical work too. My coworkers was excellents persons and a helper for me. tha hardest part of my job was a lot of work that i have to do in my home. The most things that I enjoy was the progress and the learning of the students.
Public School
English Teacher (Former Employee), Puerto RicoMay 24, 2015
Is a good place. Here is a place where no matter the social position students: share, play and try to do their best.
Honestly what I don't like is that most of the students or parents didn't pay attention to the importance of the education. Is frustrating when you try to reach students to have their life goal and they no matter about school. They just came to pass and no more...
A great place to work, helping children with disabilities.
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee), Guam, USAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Working with an awesome group of professionals who making working fun!
Cons: Small copy machine that made it difficult to meet the demands of a large office.
I received documents for students with disabilities. I interacted with teachers and learned a lot about different disabilities. I loved my co-workers. Hardest part of my job was seeing children with severe disabilities. I loved helping teachers and co-workers process their documents.
Hard working enviornment
Janitorial Work/ Handyman (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free work tools and other working write off equiptment
Where i work currently is a fast paced and invigorating environment. Daily we are placed with the task of ensuring the schools are cleaned and kept safe for the children that attend. Management among my line of work along with the co-workers are usually firm faced and to the point. The hardest part of this job would probably be balancing our work load while kids are on the premises. The best part would probably be the actual relationships you build between the kids and the other workers in the school system.
Enthusiastic
IPDVS Engineer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: learning Enviroment
Magnificent Place to work. Super nice environment to learn and expand IT knowledge. It is absolutely amazing the quality of work you learn in this company. Priceless
Effecient and hard working
TEACHER III (Current Employee), philippinesMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free board and lodging
Cons: health care and benefits
Exciting work experience
Adjust work condition and stress tolerance
Fair and humane
Sincere in dealing with co-workers as well as cooperative
How to instill good values to students
Imparting one's knowledge and knowing that they value what you taught them
Enjoyable environment! Working with kids and helping them learn makes me feel great!
PARAPROFESSIONAL TUTOR/EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), ‘Ewa Beach, HIMay 6, 2015
Your typical day can be filled with so much work, but having to help a student makes my job feel good! Helping kids with their assignment makes me feel I did a good deed and knowing that the child learned something. Just want to see kids excel in their education!
good acency
Sr. Agent (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNApril 29, 2015
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: night and weekend hours
enjoyable co-workers, good management and nice place to work. Collections can be challenging but the company offers many tools to help your success.
Productive, Busy
Family Worker (Current Employee), Queens, NY NYApril 29, 2015
Provided me with experience in working with children that have special needs. I Enjoyed every minute. I commuted to queens, Tolls were expensive. I would like to relocate and still pursue my studies as a school counselor.
Cook and maitenance of the dinning and kitchen area
Preparer of food and food service (Former Employee), PRApril 28, 2015
Pros: Knowledge on how to cook, different meats and vegetables.
Prepare different types of fresh meats and vegetables. Cook for total of 285 students. I learned how to cook on large quantities, and how conduct myself and prepared meals on time. My co-workers were all females and was an experience for me, never had any misunderstanding. The hardest part is the heat. What I enjoy the most is what I learned from work in a kitchen.
Job offers medical insurance sick leave days two months paid vacation. Never a boring day. Its challenging retirement fund
Englishl Teacher (Current Employee), PRApril 27, 2015
Cons: health insurance, two month vacation paid
A typical day at my school is greeting of my students. review material given in class. begin work for the day. Walk around the class to make sure students understand tasks to be done in class.The hardest part of my job is the heat. I work in a classroom where there is no air conditioner and you can imagine 25 students in a class with not even a fan.I love my job. I love teaching. I love my schoo.

1 2 3 4 5

About Department of Education

The US Department of Education's (or ED) mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness – Read more

Department of Education Salaries