Department of Energy

Department of Energy Employer Reviews

Private contractor for WAPA-DOE
Security Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: pays well for a security job
There is no room for advancement, nor is there any culture to speak of. Security officers are treated as second or third rate persons by WAPA staff, to include swearing at them, berating them, and threating them. Managment does not protect their employees when treated this way by the DOE staff.
Limited advancement opportunities
Department of Energy (Current Employee), Golden, COJuly 28, 2014
Pros: work life balance; nice facilities
Cons: poor leadership; risk averse; culture promotes status quo
Limited opportunities for career advancement; poor leadership and work culture; very little incentive for high achievement; leaders are more interested in building empires than building collaborative teams
sr project coord
SR Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJuly 12, 2014
My Duties consist of but not limited to interacting directly with customers, providing service and support. Activities usually include cataloging images and files. Assist with developing programs related to information resources. Analyzes plans, coordinates and serves as project manager for courses of action and methods needed to support, design, and – more... implement projects, in an area of specialization of an interpretive or advisory nature. I support the Photography Laboratory activities within the technical information area by reviewing and analyzing data and images. My leadership skills are advertised though the Energy Technology Visual Collection department; attending meeting, tracking timesheets and overseeing employees. I obtain images from outside sources and various Department of Energy Laboratories. – less
Productive employer
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 27, 2014
I was employed at the Department of Energy as a contractor. I met some wonderful people, some of whom are still friends. I learned quite a bit
Productive and learning day to day
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2014
Typical day was estimating and figuring cost for risk facilitated buildings.
This job opened the door for me.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 9, 2014
I learned a great deal while I worked here. It was an ok place to work.
Great project
Contractor, Jacobs (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMay 8, 2014
I loved contracting through Jacobs at Oak Ridge National Lab. They were amazing and supported you though all the work on each project you complete.
Very Busy with minimal supervision
Contacting Officer (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMay 7, 2014
A federal government agency with political undertones. Much of the acquisition staff is young with little experience and no exposure to other government agencies.
Flex time work schedule.
Senior Security Specialist, I (Current Employee), New MexicoApril 17, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: very slow to advance talented employees.
Good place to work as a federal and/or contractor employee.
Very productive and easy-going environment
PAID INTERN (Former Employee), Freeport, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: frequent beach visits, paid weekly
Cons: long days in the sun
A typical work day normally consisted of the other intern and I contacting companies to help us out with resources needed for our project and then plotting and working on our project site. We were surrounded by co-workers twice our age and I definitely tried to learn all that I could from these co-workers and draw from the knowledge they shared. This – more... was a great first real job to have. I learned how to interact with others professionally and how to prepare and present a big time presentation. Although it was a few years back, I still believe this is the most beneficial job that I've had in terms of experience and gaining knowledge in the work field and continue to pull from them today. – less
CISO
Savannah River, Chief Information Security Officer (Current Employee), Aiken SCMarch 26, 2014
Participated in upper management meetings to share recommendations regarding Network Defense, Computer Network Attack as well as cyber security theories, principles, concepts, standards, and practices to conceptualize/implement new initiatives and approaches to network security. Also responsible for planning, budgeting, and monitoring finance for all – more... cyber security programs at the Savannah River Site. As a result of my recommendations and effective communication, we were able to implement security programs to include full package capture, encryption, and IPhone/IPad pilots. Lead weekly meetings with cross-functional teams to ensure project continuity, assistance requirements, and to address accomplishments/acknowledgements. These actions resulted in an atmosphere of improved interpersonal dynamics between team members, an increase in productivity and meaningful communication throughout the organization (across multiple Accreditation Boundaries (ABs)). – less
Greay Company
Site Director (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 26, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: only for the summer
I ran a job site for over 200 DC youth. I learned a lot about management. I really enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with over 200 personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with over 200 personalities.
Productive Day With Team Members
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch, group activities
Its important that we spend our work day with the ability to help, learn and create a postive work space for team members. Having that ability creates structure within your team and it also creates trust. The most enjoyable part of day is completion of a task. The hardest part of my day is having to stop smiling.
Excellent
IT Management Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2014
Excellent camaraderie among staff and and co workers. The hardest part of the job was implementing change and changing the culture.
Excellent work environment
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 6, 2014
Pros: effective collaboration, diligence in client demand, excellent hr support
Worked diligently with highly qualified colleagues on web development and client portfolios. Valuable training and experience that supersedes the minimal qualifications for this job title.
DOE position active, high level, responsible position
Senior Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: telework
Cons: stress
9 hours of budgeting, number crunching, meeting of the minds and brainstorming. Hardest part is stress - enjoyable is the outcome of no successful budgeting.
Great job while it lasted
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: cut short
I worked only a short time with the Department of Energy before the program that I was working on was shut down. I helped individuals fill out their paperwork that they needed in order to get DOL payment that they were due when they worked for the Government back in the 1940s and 1950s.
Innovative place to work
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Kirtland AFB, NMJanuary 5, 2014
This agency makes a conservative effort to communicate across the board to amplify employee work life balance.
educational
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: exprience
I learned something ne everyday with the systems they used
the co-workers where very knowledgeable and helpful
I loved the calm environment
Interesting and Challanging
Office of the Chief Counsel (Former Employee), Richland, WANovember 8, 2013
Pros: integration of federa, state and tribal laws
Very large federal procurements. Working with native American treaties requires knowledge of treaty law.

1 2 3

About Department of Energy

The Department of Energy is responsible for ensuring exploration, development, processing, utilisation and management of South – Read more