Department of Finance Employee Reviews

DOF is one of the best govt institution in Govt of the Philippines
Administrative Officer V (Current Employee), Manila, ARJune 21, 2015
Pros: Security of Tenure
Cons: Lack of Medical Benefits/Health care insurance
My day starts and ends with constant communication with my co-employees relative to their concerns on their benefits, relations with management, requirements for travel authorities. Most of the time, I am preparing communications/memorandums on HR policies, information dissemination.

I have learned that each employee is unique and each has his/her potentials that when recognized fully or when management has given enough training/skills enhancement, that training will also be given back to the organization.

The hardest part of my job is when there's a need to fire or drop a certain employee after thorough evaluation that the same employee is not already fit to work or has violated regulations, legal enough to drop him/her from the rolls.

Most enjoyable part of the job is whenever you have helped someone solved his concerns or at least find a way to better his conditions and whenever I have contributed or drafted some policies that are accepted by the "higher" bosses improving the state of the organization.
It was fun because WE made it fun!
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Hot Springs National Park, ARApril 30, 2015
Pros: insurance, benefits
Cons: Cramped working area
The Revenue office is a difficult place to work, most customers come in angry and you have to know how to deal. I learned different coping skills. My co- workers, I could not have done the job with out them, they taught me all I knew. The hardest part of the job was balancing your drawer at 6pm, especially after you have taken in about $50,000.00 in sales tax etc..... Being with the public.
Secure place to work
City Tax Auditor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Good benefits, salary isn't the greatest. Your job is secure once you pass probation period of one year. Good position if you have small children.
Nice place to work
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Responsible for incorporating Real Property Transfer Tax ( RPTT ) function into current Audit application. RPTT improved quality and productivity of creation of Audit-worthy cases and provided case management tools used to track the entire audit lifecycle for each case.
• Gathered business requirements, initiated and conducted user meetings and coordinated projects
• Created scope documents, business (BRD) and functional (FRD) specifications and business design documents
• Wrote screen mock-ups, user training document, test plan, test scripts for SIT, UAT, and regression testing
• Performed Data mining and mapping, Data governance, used SQL to extract data for analysis to determine data requirements within application functions
• Used Business Intelligence Tools such as Excel, Pivot Tables, Vlookup, Macros, etc.
• Created System presentation for the user committee and lead training sessions
Flowcharting using VISIO, Prepared Documentation
Productive and fun place because I have my own computer
Tourist Information, Sales & Receipts (Former Employee), Koror, PalauJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work is file documents such as checks and check stubs for the government. I gathered quotes from different stores and purchased orders. My co- workers were friendly but they were very serious about their work. They began to trust me so they would go out to eat lunch I would stay at the office and assist any customers that needed help. The hardest part of the job was when I was hired there was an audit so I had to provide specific files to the auditor, but what I enjoyed most was on every Fridays we got off at work at 4:00 P.M.
A real experience in the market of real estate.
Real Estate Appraiser (Former Employee), El SalvadorApril 10, 2014
Worked with experienced coworkers, with more than 30 years of appraising experience.
intern
Intern (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 24, 2013
great opportunity for anyone. I love this job . the people are nice as well.
Division of UNC government regulated
Administrative Assistant for Maternal Health (Former Employee), Chapel Hill NCSeptember 17, 2013
Good Place to work. Hard tp become a full time employee. Use alot of temps and in house hires. located in Chapel Hill NC
City Job
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 22, 2013
Working with some of Jacksonville's best people. Serving the Citizens of Jacksonville, NC was a great experience. I will value the many things I learned there, and will take that knowledge with me and apply it in my future ventures.
it was a fun place to work
Secretary/Administrative Assistant to the Director (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: we got little birthday gifts and free lunches on special occasion or were allow to leave early
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work was always busy, I had to order supply, type letters, email, fax and copy and distribute paychecks. I learned to help the public with the City taxes and how they are applied to their properites. we all enjoy each other company and we all helped each other when needed. The management were a delight to work for. The hardest part of the job was not being promoted to a higher position unless you past a test. The must enjoyable part of the job was when we all got together to celebrate a holiday or someone birthday.
Productive and a fun place to work at.
Clerk (summer) (Former Employee), St.Thomas, V.IJuly 17, 2013
A typical day at work was entering clients files into an excel worksheet and having fun doing it. I learned more about excel. Management and my co-workers were excellent to work with, I was able to go to them whenever I had a question. I did not encounter any hard part about my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was my encounter with my supervisor and my co-workers.
Productive and family oriented
Office Assistant/Data Entry (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: unfair management
Working in finance is amazing. I love that we are like a family and we all teach each other what we know and have learned while working in this department. A typical day at work consists of answering the phone and processing all mail delivered to our department. There really is no hard part in my responsibilities at work but it can get busy and a little overwhelming around a particular season. Over all it’s a learning experience for me.
DOF creates such a diversified and harmonious environment for employees.
Tax Auditor 1 (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New yorkApril 1, 2013
I was a City Tax Auditor with DOF 16 years ago. Luckily, my superviisor patiently trained me. I was happily working there until I had to leave the job to care for my children. I am a team player and love to meet people during the audit.

After 16 years, I still want to go back to my old job - miss my co-workers, supervisor, manager and nature of the work. I had applied two times but to no avail.I guess the competition out there is greater than I know of. Can someone help me how to get back into DOF?

The announcemnt of Tax Auditor 1 job specially indicates that the job is for DOF employees or previous applicants only. Can someone from DOF answer my question? I applied for the EXAM 2042 in May 2012 but received a rejection letter, which did not state the reason of rejection.. I did not try to appeal either. Woudl that rjection letter automatically disqualify me to apply for the recent job announcemnt?
Best company I have worked in, good management team
Network Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Benin west AfricaMarch 23, 2013
Interesting benefits, good management, good working environment
Productive.
Project Supervision Specialist (Former Employee), Samar and Leyte Provinces, Region 8, PhilippinesMarch 9, 2013
My responsibilities as Project Supervision Specialist are appropriate for my previous experience. The experience improved my management skills, relation with co-staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was travel and meeting people.
work place was a nice place for me it feel like the people was family we sahre alot
Clerk Aide (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2013
data entry how to be a team leader an how to push out alot of work as needed
Hard work and stressful
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 10, 2013
State government is now downsizing and employees are expected to do more with less. The divisions are under staffed and the employees are over worked. Which makes a stressful and non-productive environment. I mainly enjoyed working with my co-workers, probate judges and county commissioners.
Pleasant atmoshere and a productive working enviroment.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2012
Pros: good astomphere, steady work, and pleasant co-workers.
Cons: we might have some co-worker's who may delay our work because they were absent, but we get the done done anyway.
A Typical day is moslty clerical work, I learned to analyze information,sort and handle the input of varies data. I learned that you have to be a team player as well a diverse individual. The hardest part of my job is, that sometimes I hate to leave because is there is so much more that can be done, and I am the kind of person that enjoy working.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have done the best that I could do , to get the done done.
Challenging and Rewarding
Business Unit Manager (Current Employee), City of Richmond VirginiaMay 21, 2012
Pros: resource materials are readly available
Cons: politics can make resolving issues difficult
A typical day in the department of finance is always chanllenging. Our 1# goal is to make sure each taxpayers inquiries and issues have been resolved to their satisfaction while maintaining our fiscal resposibility to the Commonwealth Virginia and City of Richmond.
My first state job
Key Entry Operator (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMMay 1, 2012
Pros: learning experience on 10 key pad
Cons: same thing over and over
It was a good job but very boring and repaetative. Key entered purchasing information all day, and was really boring.