Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Great
medical disability examiner (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLAugust 1, 2017
Great experience and place to work at, I highly recommnend this to anyone seeking a new opportunity, great entry level job to gain experience and knowledge
Intern
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJuly 28, 2017
Received position through SPSCC for Intern work. Manager and supervisor great to work with.
Assisting with program that needed redundancies for certification review.
Pros
Learned from others
Cons
Internship ended
Fun and enjoyed it!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJuly 26, 2017
It wasn't the best in been a professional staffing in the office but overall it was good to work for the company and I recommend them to anyone but I won't work there again with the supervisor I had but most of all I loved the job.
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
great place to work, great place to grow as well i learned alot here and i loved the worked the envoriment the work was very light and i loved it very
Nice people and rewarding work
Human Service Professional IV (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 6, 2017
Very rewarding work that is desperately needed for a population that is underserved. The staff are friendly and very knowledgable of the policy and how to take care of the consumers.
Working hard
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 30, 2017
A typical day at work. No typical day, which keeps you alert. Each client that you help requires a different interaction and paperwork. Management requires you to keep the speed of the clinic up and update all important data concerning the client This is what I was hired to do. The problem starts when you ask for help from another employee. I find that difficult. Not that I want to ask, however changes are made weekly and sometimes I ask for help. This request is not accepted by most people. I find taking notes and listening helps. I also find people asking me questions. Because I like helping people. This is a stressful job in part due to the nature of our clients. You need to be accurate 100% of the time. I am not. I give myself a healthy 95% accuracy. What I am learning is the clients require me to relax and enjoy them at their appointment. Even though some really needed their medications last week.
Pros
I am making a difference
Cons
Pressure cooker by management.
Alachua County Health Department
Senior Community Health Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville,FloridaJune 21, 2017
Staff are over extended and denied time during illness. There is poor management. human resources do not apply federal rules and impede on investigations.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its just a job
Home away from home
Health Services Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 2, 2017
Working for the DOH for so many years made me love it and appreciate the great importance of Public Health. I gathered a lot of experience while providing different services during this time.It gave me the opportunity to meet people from different cultures and backgrounds. The management was always accommodating to my personal needs as an employee and also provided good benefits to my whole family, it made it easy for me to go back to school to advance my career with a flexible work schedule. I enjoyed working for the agency and I recommend it for job seekers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No salary raise in the past 12 years
Csr 3
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 30, 2017
great job not overall complicated. Great job for Rochester area which lacks good paying call center job. Management is amazing does not micro manage, you must perform to standards but they are very patient with you in letting you get better at your job day by day.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, work independently
Cons
shift changes are hard if you have unappealing hours
Horrible
Medical Disability Examiner (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 24, 2017
If you want to be stressed out everyday, go for it! There is no offered job security here and the guidelines are really strict. 9 times out of 10 you'll hate the jo by your 8th month.
Great experience
EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 19, 2017
Great people to work for. My experience is in preparedness and response and the overall professionalism of those here is spectacular. I've loved it here.
Great learning experience
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2017
loved learning about all the different STDs
meeting different clients daily made work very enjoyable
supervisors and co-workers were very helpful and were always happy to teach explain or help
great work place
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 12, 2017
teaches you knowledge about hiv and aids

free condoms

free lunch

long breaks

meet lovely people

traveled to different cities

promote facts on hiv and adds to different colleges
Pros
long breaks
Cons
weekends off only
Great atmosphere
Complaint & Incident Investigator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2017
Work at my own pace; great working environment, management is very supportive, overall the dept is a great place to work. My division is the best division to work for..
Fun people to work with
Pandemic Flu Coordination Specialist/Exec Asst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 27, 2017
I was a Coordinator and this job was very stressful because this was an initiative to get free to the public for free. I sometime took My work home to look over everything in make sure things were ready for the next day. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the people that we intended to help.
Pros
To be able to help the public
Cons
politics
Fast paced office
Administrative Assistant to the case workers (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTApril 13, 2017
Even though I worked for child protective services and it was a stressful job, I enjoyed knowing that I was helping the children of the valley. I've made some great friends that I still see on a regular basis even thought I'm not there any more.
Human Services Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 15, 2017
My position is a rewarding position because we assist and help people who are experiencing mental health issues. Saving someone's life who are considering suicide is something that is beyond the scope of reward. Helping to assure that people and children are receiving the medical care and attention that is needed for continued good health and beneficial for our daily existence.
Pros
Great camaraderie with co-workers
Cons
Being an OPS employee you are not eligible for many of the benefits
fun and active
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pago Pago, ASMarch 10, 2017
being at work is like the only place that i can find happiness and being so happy around the people that i love and i care for. Working hard and focus is my first priory
Pros
lunch time is very strict and break time
Cons
short breaks and tardy and being late it is not except able
Department of Health
OFFICE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIMarch 6, 2017
My typical day administration. I love employees are treated with respect.

My job easy, employees get along very well. Diverse culture, not day goes by learn a lot as I take the initiative to seek more opportunity within Department of Health.
Okay
Office Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2017
It was a job enjoyed because I loved working. I will not tell anything negative due to the fact that my negative could have been because of me not the job.