Department of Homeland Security Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,328 reviews matching the search
great money and governent benefits
Customs and Border Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Had a great time at customs learned a lot but difficult to transfer to a location that you want. The academy can be tough but if you study and prepare yourself you will pass with flying colors.
Pros
money
Cons
location that you dont want
More experience
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2016
I have gain a lot off experience among the co workers and also have a good relationship with them everyday. I like the way the schedule been set up and make me be more flexible
Secret Security Clearance
Construction Manager - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Secret ClearanceFebruary 13, 2016
Due to security clearance information regarding this project is confidential. Any information needed is not available. Project was completed in all areas.
Fun place to work
CSRA - Sr. Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 12, 2016
Day to day activities with clients and business customers. CSRA is a good place to support and management is there to help and work with to secessed.
Dhs
TRANSPORATION SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2016
Great place to work, Fast paced environment. Learn how to work with many groups of people and most importantly I was able to really fine tune my customer service skills dealing with the flying public.
Allow me to get exposed to things related to my field.
Secretary's Honors Program Cyber Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001February 8, 2016
Form a relationship with the employees, which can possibly help me now and throughout the future. Utilized the employee by asking them questions on a daily basis which allowed me to have a stronger knowledge within my field.
Pros
Builds your resume
Cons
Lack of training for interns
Great Work in Public Service
Logistics / Facilities Manager Reservist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2016
I worked for FEMA as a Logistics Disaster Reservist in all parts of the country. This work was extremely rewarding and satisfying. Great job satisfaction, high morale, and a real test of your skills and abilities on every level.

I had little opportunity to become a permanent full time FEMA worker. However, I worked so much so often on disasters, I averaged around 70 to 90 hours a week. This was hard on my wife and family, as I was gone on the road a lot, and had no retirement or health insurance.

Our on site management was great and generally supportive. The extremely high morale of the FEMA staff made work a joy.
Pros
Helping people in th real world, good training, excellent pay, great morale
Cons
On the road all the time, no health insurance, no retirement. Extremely hard work.
Excellent Tool
Customs and Border Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria Bay, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Excellent Tool. Makes easy to looks for jobs and match the interests for people with particular preferences. Very Good
Exciting and adventureous
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Daily status of incidents that occurs throughout the day and night. How all personnel support each other and how management supports their members. Hardest part is when seeing family members visiting detainees. When knowing that the officers has in custody an aggravated felon that was doing harm through society.
Pros
Outstanding staff and personnel
Cons
Long working hours
Things Change
Armed Federal Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKJanuary 21, 2016
Some days your running the show and others you feel like a mall cop. Is a job where respect must be earned and it helps to know someone.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
contract work
Great working environment with many different aspects within the field to work.
Deportation Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Please see my resume for job description.

Great working environment with many different aspects within the field to work. I worked nearly every job duty including juvenile docket, victim witness coordinator, firearms/range officer, detained and non- detained docket, fugitive operations and prosecutions.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, supportive co-workers and limited supervision
Great place
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 20, 2016
This is a very peaceful place to work. The people are caring and patient with you. Every question you have there is someone willing to answer.
N/a
Supervisory Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2016
Good benefits, Semi flexible schedule. Stability in job. Screening for front line work force is minimal. Sometimes extremely vindictive environment from management.
Securing Travel, Protecting People
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 13, 2016
Securing Travel, Protecting People. This job serves the traveling public in a high-stakes environment and helps safeguard the American way of life. It involves making security-based decisions using intelligence, critical thinking, experience, observation, and passenger engagement.
I worked daily as a senior CBRNE advisor and instructor
Senior CBRNE Program Coordinator (GS-13) (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2016
A challenging and exciting work environment. I was able to interact with and support members of USCG and develop lasting friendships. My supervisor fostered a very good work environment and kept an open dialogue with me. The most challenging part of my job was staying ahead of new and emerging capabilities.
Pros
great salary and benifits
Protecting the homeland
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Operated screening equipment to identify dangerous objects in baggage and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
productive
screener (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 11, 2016
I work well with others so the job itself no problem.However management needs training on how to deal with employees.there is no job security.
Fun Place to work and help people who need helping
Logistics Cadre (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2016
If you have an open schedule and can travel, then this position is for you! There is quite a diversification of people that you work and come into contact with and the feeling of pride when you get a thank you from the applicants you are helping, this is what makes this job!
Pros
Working with individuals in need
Cons
there are no cons
All VP of Administration Duties
Human Resource Specialist- I Band (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2016
Excellent customer service focused organization. The employees were dedicated to the premise of saving money for their members. Since a Credit Union is non profit, it is dedicated to the best interest of members versus a bottom line performance for shareholders.
Fun place to work, high energy
TSA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Customer service, security, ensure no explosives or contraband is admitted into the xray machines.Work closely with law enforcement
Pros
CUSTOMERS, FAST PACED
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, CAN BE FIRED EASILY