Department Of Housing And Urban Development

Department Of Housing And Urban Development Employer Reviews

able to socialize in a way in which all employees were an assistance to one another.
General Support Clerk/Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: great social environment
Daily tasks consisted of completing and filing a variety of financial statements, assisting housing project managers, and entering data, required or assigned by supervisors, into a database or spreadsheet.
This job consisted of a friendly and sociable environment.
Government
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2014
This government position had great benefits. The position provided a great deal of clerical and communication development
pros and cons
Attorney/Investigator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2014
a mixed bag. quality of life depends on your manager, and to a lesser extent colleagues
Productive and friendly work environment
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2014
Stability, advancement, fun environment for Internship. Good pay, fun work as a IT specialist work office budget, deal with employee staff considers, such as computer desk problems, maintaining files and handling office calls, decision making normal office and outer office staff concerns.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 21, 2013
Answered phones, scheduled deliveries, and interacted with customers and staff
Fun, encouraging and informative area
Summer Intern (Former Employee), District of Columbia, Washington D.CSeptember 29, 2013
Working at HUD was challenging, but very exciting and fun as well. We always worked very hard with consistent work, but my supervisors and coworkers made the job easy, quick, and fun to do. With enough people the assignments we had to complete were less difficult and some tasks were very easy to finish. The overall environment of the job was very informative; – more... from the different office skills I learned to the life lessons I learned from the people; and memorable, a job I will never forget about. – less
Concerned about programs for people.
Administrative Specialist, GS-0301-09/5 (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: transit subsidy program
Cons: very expensive parking
A typical day at work is very busy; monitoring and updating our website, processing and tracking correspondence, scheduling conference calls and meetings, etc.

There is always training to complete; mandatory and selective. As is in all work places, there are good and bad managers; friendly and unfriendly coworkers. I've learned to deal with people – more... where they are; give them the best of me in that moment. everything else seems to fall into place.

I enjoy working with people to make things better for others. – less
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2013
Pros: telework is a norm so you are allowed to work from home at least 3 days a week
Public service is very satisfying. Albeit you do work and you learn alot. It's a great place to grow and utilize as well as learn new skills.
Government Agency
Property Disposition Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: downtown location
Wonderful working environment with this government agency. Interfaced with public and served as first contact for customers so appreciated being a positive first impression.
Contractor oriented support structure
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2013
Typical government contractor expectations experienced. I've learned that the acronym CYA is one to hold close by. Management is professional and follow procedures to the letter ensuring that neither party is being taken advantage of. My co-workers consist of other support contractors from other contract firms which at times creates friction due to – more... the CYA factor and the inherent nature of competition. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a high level of patience when relying upon other support personnel to fulfill requirements. The ability to telecommute when necessary is perhaps the job aspect I enjoy most. – less
Productive Enviornment
Graphics Design Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 28, 2012
Being a Graphics Specialist is very exciting, and I really feel like I trully began to love it when I started working at HUD.I worked in the Office of Business Development and Communications & Marketing. I had some great Mentors, and got to work with alot of great people in the agency. Everyday I learned something new and I applied that it to enhance – more... my skill; insisting on keeping myself ahead of the curve. I attended many meetings with the marketing team and was given the opportunity to provide my expertise from a visual communication perspective.The bring back concepts that bring the vision for the clients office to life, and providing them with their own unique brand. There were always challenges but when you youre doing what you love, as I was, those chanlleges just made me bette – less
Educational Environment
Housing Case Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: started new programs
I loved the fact that I could help people everyday that where going through hardships in life.
Nice place to work
Chief, Program Support Branch (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 8, 2012
Nice people, close to metro, close to museums and restaurants.
Call Center Environment
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), Southwest, Washington DCMarch 7, 2012
Pros: fun environment
Cons: micromanagement
Excellent place to work, there is a lot to learn and its very fast pace. the only downfall is there is really no advancement.