Department Of Housing And Urban Development Employee Reviews

Hud is Creative with activities
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 1, 2016
A typical day at work for me is busy, it consist of work from different locations with short reply time. I've learned how to process Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request as well as Correspondence responses. Management could work on training Temporary employees/ Contractors a lot better, maybe a day of training each month on work related request. The hardest part of the job is receiving training, majority of the things I've learned working here I've trained myself on. The most enjoyable part of my job is when HUD offer's activities for learning for all employees they're really creative when it comes to acknowledging FT Perm. Employees.
Pros
Food Varieties- Free lunch
Cons
NOT all rules applies to all employees
Section 8
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2016
Speaking with managers across the United States regarding tenant data and submission was a typical day. My co-workers were great. We worked together as a team to resolve issues, and we motivated each other in regards to training and customer service. The most enjoyable part was ensuring all parties were satisfied, and all issues were resolved.
Pros
team work and independent progress
Cons
Short breaks
great job
Financial Review & Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2016
Working for the Federal Government was one of my greatest experience. Learned a vast amount about Federal Housing Administration and its day to day operation in the Housing department, especially mortgage note and interest aspect.
Government
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2014
This government position had great benefits. The position provided a great deal of clerical and communication development
My review of HUD is neutral
John P. Benison, Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2016
HUD is a federal agency with a political appointee as head of the agency. My opinion of HUD is neutral. I have no further opinion of HUD as an agency.
Relaxed Job Environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2015
Firstly, to begin my day I check my emails that usually would include my assignments for the day as well as emails that needed to be forwarded to the correct staff members. I would then update my supervisor on any upcoming appointments, meetings or teleconferences. Whenever I would have any down time, I would check the printers for paper and ink. I would also check with management for any additional work that they needed done. Once a week, we would have a office meeting where I would take notes and keep up with important topics that were discussed as well as providing input when asked. The hardest part of the job was learning how to operate the electronic filing system that we used to store and protect the agency's most important files. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship that my supervisor and I built during my tenure. I learned a lot about the company and how to grow within the company.
Pros
Macromanagement, family oriented office, friendly environment
Cons
Quality Assurance Specialist Work (QAS)
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day included planning, following up on completed reviews, updating Share Point sites, and preparing for onsite and remote reviews. As a QAS I managed and scheduled all lead review coordinating with support staff on their availability on reviews. One of the most difficult part of the job is the amount of travel involve but the rewarding part of the job is assisting the Housing Authority in improving their management of the Housing Choice Voucher Program and improving quality control over their program.
Pros
Being able to provide assistance to the Housing Authoritys
Cons
Not being able to assist enough Housing Authority in a Fiscal Year
A great opportunity.
[Project Manager-] (Asset Management) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 26, 2015
No work day is typical. The environment is ever changing. I have learned a plethora of knowledge about the low income housing sector. Management is very approachable and consider each employees ideas and concerns.
Contractor oriented support structure
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2013
Typical government contractor expectations experienced. I've learned that the acronym CYA is one to hold close by. Management is professional and follow procedures to the letter ensuring that neither party is being taken advantage of. My co-workers consist of other support contractors from other contract firms which at times creates friction due to the CYA factor and the inherent nature of competition. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a high level of patience when relying upon other support personnel to fulfill requirements. The ability to telecommute when necessary is perhaps the job aspect I enjoy most.
Productive Enviornment
Graphics Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 28, 2012
Being a Graphics Specialist is very exciting, and I really feel like I trully began to love it when I started working at HUD.I worked in the Office of Business Development and Communications & Marketing. I had some great Mentors, and got to work with alot of great people in the agency. Everyday I learned something new and I applied that it to enhance my skill; insisting on keeping myself ahead of the curve. I attended many meetings with the marketing team and was given the opportunity to provide my expertise from a visual communication perspective.The bring back concepts that bring the vision for the clients office to life, and providing them with their own unique brand. There were always challenges but when you youre doing what you love, as I was, those chanlleges just made me bette

Want to know more about Department Of Housing And Urban Development?

Ask a question
Well run and interesting
Legal Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2015
This Federal office is downtown in a desirable location with attractive workspaces (which is fairly rare for government offices). People there are driven and smart, with a real commitment to HUD's mission. I was only there for a short time, but I got a sense that some roles became very repetitive for full time staff. However, my research tasks were interesting and my work was appreciated.
Pros
Good office and culture
Cons
repetitive tasks
Call Center Environment
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Southwest, Washington DCMarch 7, 2012
Excellent place to work, there is a lot to learn and its very fast pace. the only downfall is there is really no advancement.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
micromanagement
Concerned about programs for people.
Administrative Specialist, GS-0301-09/5 (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy; monitoring and updating our website, processing and tracking correspondence, scheduling conference calls and meetings, etc.

There is always training to complete; mandatory and selective. As is in all work places, there are good and bad managers; friendly and unfriendly coworkers. I've learned to deal with people where they are; give them the best of me in that moment. everything else seems to fall into place.

I enjoy working with people to make things better for others.
Pros
Transit Subsidy Program
Cons
Very expensive parking
This is an Okay working environment.
Database Applications Analyst and Developer (Current Employee) –  DCJuly 18, 2014
•a typical day at work: Enhancement coding and troubleshooting.
•what you learned: The application at HUD.
•Management: Not all on the management team are efficient.
•your co-workers: Not very cooperative.
•the hardest part of the job: not sufficient requirements.
•the most enjoyable part of the job: a bit flexible.
Training avaliable if needed. Great place to work with good benefits & co-workers.
Senior Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2014
Federal Government Agency providing safe and reasonable homes to buyers. Very good in helping buyers purchase a home. Joyful place to work because you are helping someone meet their dreams, of being a homeowner. Happy and fun place to work with many opportunities to advance. Holidays were always a great time for the employees and their families.
Pros
Various time schedules to report to work.
Cons
Heavy workload at times. Numerous reports to monitor. Time deadlines.
Productive and friendly work environment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2014
Stability, advancement, fun environment for Internship. Good pay, fun work as a IT specialist work office budget, deal with employee staff considers, such as computer desk problems, maintaining files and handling office calls, decision making normal office and outer office staff concerns.
Fun, encouraging and informative area
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  District of Columbia, Washington D.CSeptember 29, 2013
Working at HUD was challenging, but very exciting and fun as well. We always worked very hard with consistent work, but my supervisors and coworkers made the job easy, quick, and fun to do. With enough people the assignments we had to complete were less difficult and some tasks were very easy to finish. The overall environment of the job was very informative; from the different office skills I learned to the life lessons I learned from the people; and memorable, a job I will never forget about.
This job help people discriminated by Housing Laws
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 23, 2014
Although I was an administrative assistant - I was able to work with investigators that helped stop discriminated pertaining to housing. The investigators sent a lot of letters most were certified. I created a system to eliminate a backlog in sending the letters and a faster way to certify letters.
Pros
We were like family everyone treated all with respect.
Cons
able to socialize in a way in which all employees were an assistance to one another.
General Support Clerk/Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2014
Daily tasks consisted of completing and filing a variety of financial statements, assisting housing project managers, and entering data, required or assigned by supervisors, into a database or spreadsheet.
This job consisted of a friendly and sociable environment.
Pros
Great social environment
I loved it!
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington D.CJanuary 26, 2015
This job was the best job I have worked for to date. We would have fun with the managers and coworkers, and the work was easy enough. We would work our full time schedule and than go on home. People I have met there I still have contact with and try to network with for future jobs in that field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department Of Housing And Urban Development. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3