Department Of Human Resources Employee Reviews

Good position for helping others.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJanuary 10, 2017
It was a rewarding job overall. Get to help people who often cannot do many day to day tasks on their own. includes things like cooking and cleaning, scheduling doctors appointments and other basic needs.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Clients sometimes need more help than they are getting.
Dhr
FINANCIAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, ALDecember 12, 2016
Great place to work. The staff are great. Supervisor's are really nice. Its like working with a big family. It is however had to get on with the state.
One on one care.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILNovember 30, 2016
Daily routine consisted of feeding, bathing, dressing, toileting, laundry and light house work. Sometimes we would go to the mall and doctors appointments.
Too stressful
Economic Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Park, GANovember 30, 2016
This job was very stressful customers used profanity to describe their problems and there was nothing you could do about it.The state furloughed employees, and there was no room for advancement. The case load was too high averaging 1000 per employee. My position was changed three times due to the lack of employees. The positive part of the job was seeing the satisfaction of happy families, knowing that people benefited by the work I done was very awarding at the end of the day.
Pros
Working with a diverse of people
Cons
long hours low pay
Highly professional workers with a caring heart.
Intern, Generalist Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALNovember 28, 2016
The best place for entry level social work. Dealing with children, elderly, and families. Must be organized and have good time management skills.
It could be better
Financial Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 18, 2016
There are a lot of changes that constantly happen that are not beneficial to the workers but beneficial to the clients. It's hard to separate personal life from professional life.
Pros
Good benefits and 12 paid holidays
Cons
Raises are few and far between, low morale in the workplace.
Good Student Job
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 15, 2016
Picked up and distributed mail, organized and filed paper work, received and transferred phone calls. First interaction with incoming traffic. Ran errands for department.
High Client Interaction Workplace
Financial Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 12, 2016
Fast paced high energy environment that requires keen observation, great organization and efficient time management skills.
Great work ethics
Social Service Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Clayton, ALJuly 21, 2016
This was a outstanding opportunity to gain more insight on the life of foster care children and be able to give back to a system to which I am all to familiar myself through personal experience
Pros
Loved working with children
Cons
Had just had twins
Loved my coworkers
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pago Pago, ASJuly 14, 2016
Coworkers were very helpful and gave trained me on how the hiring process worked and the input of personnel data.

A lot of papers to be filed, but it was managable.
Pros
free lunch, longer breaks
Rewarding if you love to help othere
Family Investment Specialist II-Agency Liaison (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2016
Learning experience, worth the time and effort. Like most jobs it can be rewarding and stressful all at the same time but you make the effort and your drive determines how far you can go.
Benefits
Cons
Large Caseload, Demaning
Best place ever
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJune 18, 2016
I loved volunteering, it was so much fun! The people are great and outgoing. As long as you work you will fit in. I loved to file and do everything there is to do office wise, but the front desk was pretty scary at times
Customer Satisfaction
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 25, 2016
The hardest part of the job was to accept that all things can not be fixed. Working for others (customers) I always want to make sure that they are satisfied. It is evident that what can not be fixed is not always broken.
Hardworking and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day a work was fast paced. I learned to send out inner and outer office mail. Management was proficient. My co workers were team players. The hardest part of my job was nothing, I enjoyed everything. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting clients.
Hectic and lacks management abilities.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dougherty County Health DepartmentJanuary 27, 2016
Very busy, detailed organization. Customer service is critical. Fast paced and friendly environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with disgruntled patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients and having them appreciate the hard work you'vd done.
Benefits
Cons
Atmopshire
Great Job; no complaints
Financial Social Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 14, 2015
Enjoyed my time while I was at DHR; learn a lot and my tenure there will take me to higher advancements. Being that I enjoy helping people, it made me to pursue a Certification in Acquisition and Contract Management. DHR was a great place to work as the management was most outstanding.
lyons ga
RSM Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lyons, GADecember 2, 2015
i really enjoyed working with this group of people. This was the pregnant women and children under 18. Most of my clients were migrant workers who were not legal.
My job in this position was rewarding.
Volunteer/DHR (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 20, 2015
My supervisors were pleased with my work. They requested that I return and work with longer for a longer amount of time. My job consisted of answering the phone, assisting clients and making copies of the necessary documents.
social worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work! I enjoyed my time here, where I have met some of my closest friends.I would recommend that one should take on a position with the university.
Agency workers found time to enjoy one another. Morale committee was good for workers.
Family Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2015
A typical day was not knowing what to expected but team work was engaging. Multiple tasks hardest. Day over Joy. For anyone that like helping people this is a great opportunity and experience. The joy was know that the clients are safe and services are provided. You have to be focus and caring about people in time of crisis.
Pros
Units found time to have lunch together, laugth and talk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department Of Human Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2