Department Of Human Resources Employee Reviews

HRD was enjoyable, because we had time to do things together, like go to lunch, department meetings where we had time to express ourselves.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2017
In addition to the above, a day at work was enjoyable. I did some work for out HR Director, and when my term appointment (four years), she extended my appointment each time my expiration date was due. I was awarded a bonus so that I would agree to remain after my third term appointment expired. I mentioned before that I had the best division supervisor in my entire federal government career, well she and our HR Director worked very close also, which made our job much easier. In fact, our HR Director had enough in our Division, that she would let our Division Manager have complete control over staffing and classification matters. I can truly say the hardest part of my job was convincing management on the best way to complete their mission.\, especially when it came reorganizations.
Pros
Excellent working evironment, especially being able to work at home.
Cons
Getting management to accept our recommendations to make their organizations better, getting management to accept our recommendations as it pertains to position management, getting management to accept reorganizations and eliminating too many position descriptions.
A place I began my career as civil servant.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2017
Overwhelming due to the volume of assigned workloads. Management skills relating federal and state regulations. Friendly work environment. Considering reasons to deny a case. Participated in serving such large clientele.
Dhr
ASA II (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 29, 2017
Great Place! Great People! Wonderful atmosphere. Paid holidays and weekends off! Clean and organized facility. I would recommend to anyone that is looking for employment!
clean
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2017
It's a very clean place to work.I love the environment. They're plenty of friendly people there. there are a lot of great place nearby for lunch. the security is very strict. I feel safe there
Friendly Environment
Accounting Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
Worked with a great team in OFS...worked with internal and external staff throughout the day. Steady work flow all day. Miss my OFS family and working downtown Atlanta.
Pros
Team Players
Cons
Fur-lowed
Very serious workplace. You will never be bored or idled.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 1, 2017
Quick pace and busy work. The ability to communicate well with others. Make court appearance and dictation is a must. This is a serious job and fast work place.
Pros
acumulate annual time and paid vacations
Cons
alot of work
Not a good place to work!
Adult Home Health Provider (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 21, 2017
Not a good place to work!! They switch clients on you without your permission, they take a long time to get your paperwork done so you end up working for free for multiple clients for about two weeks. You also only get paid once a month and clients can accidentally cancel your services but you won't be notified so you will end up working for free again.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many cons
Loved working with families.
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALAugust 20, 2017
I loved to work with children and their families to help them learn to live together and give them a second chance of being a family again and for them to be able to live together with no fear of leaving again.
Pros
Enjoyed working with children.
Cons
Family troubles
Great Social work experience
Social Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 16, 2017
This is Social work boot camp. I recommend all social workers to work her because they get a feel from micro and macro social work practice, great experience.
games
Licensed Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, COAugust 11, 2017
we did a lot of outings ongoing Nursing training home like environment. The nurses were very supportive. Had lots of over all development of employees.
Pros
activities
Cons
very stressful at times
Productive and friendly workspace
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2017
I've learned to be more confident when speaking on the phone to executives. Being around my coworkers varying in ages allows myself to learn better hands on without judgement.
Pros
pay and workspace
Cons
temporary and no room for advancement
Dynamic constantly changing work day.
SOCIAL SERVICES CASEWORKER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2017
Professional and great workplace. I learned to be very humble and compassionate. The hardest part of the job to see children suffering. The best part of the job to see children thriving and smiling knowing someone cares and that they are loved.
The best technical IT department, with great respect of people and providing training for personal growth.
Application Lead - Financials (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GAJuly 30, 2017
Excellent place to utilize existing and learn new skills, develop new financial progresses including outside venders, create multiplatform applications. Review federal requirements for state government and create functional requirements for existing system.
judgemental
Family Investment Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJuly 26, 2017
I believe that family medical leave should be for immediate family as well.they need to be more understanding and empathetic.There is nothing else that I would like to say about The department of Human Resources.
Highly political environment.
Cuyahoga County Executive (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2017
Administers comprehensive personnel program for various departments, with responsibility for a variety of personnel services including employment, benefits, classification and compensation, and personnel policy administration (e.g. – directs and maintains overall operation of personnel services).
Pros
I was able to network with a varieity of individuals.
Cons
Highly political environment.
Great job and coworkers
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2017
I was the subject matter specialist for the employee travel reimbursement section of accounts payable. I verified accuracy of employee travel vouchers and prepared vouchers for data entry and payment to employee.
I also was the Custodian of a travel advance cash account, which included balancing the statements, writing checks for cash advance for the employee's travel and collected money to reimburse the travel advance account.
Pros
Great job with lots of contact with auditors, investigators and accountants around the state and offices outside the state.
Cons
Had to work too far from home.
Great entry level
Case Management/Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2017
At the Department of Human Resources there is great experience and Decent pay. There is excellent opportunity for advancement.
However, it is a stressful Job with no work life balance
Pros
Great experience and opportunity for advancement
Cons
No work life balance
Supportive workplace, great colleagues
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Centerville, ALJune 29, 2017
The work is difficult, but the coworkers and supervisors are supportive and great to work with. You never know what to expect during any single work day.
Pros
great workplace support
Cons
Stressful situations
This was an internship, I was unable to advance my career there.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2017
Started day by filing and sorting documents pertaining to police and fire department. I also collected, sorted, filed stamped and sent out mailings to other places within the city and outside.
Love social activites
Signs and Marketing Leader (Former Employee) –  City of New Haven, CTJune 21, 2017
Great job working with the community also with the department of the traffic&parking department. I've also had a great relationship with the other departments such as publics works parks department and the Mayors' department.
Pros
allowed to take breaks
Cons
always calling