Department Of Human Resources

Department Of Human Resources United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Testing QA/QC Application Specialist (Former Employee), Essex, MDMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great environment
Excellient place to work the management is great to work with and for. They also have the latest technology tools to make your job easier and less stressed.
Great patients
Receptionist/Office Specialist II (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free dental services, understanding boss, short work weeks, holidays off
Cons: long days, expensive benefits, wage employee-you only get paid for what you work, no leave benefits
I enjoyed going to work every day. We had a great team mentality, everyone was willing to pitch in to accomplish a days work.
The hardest part of the job was working with patients over the years and eventually the older patients had started to pass away.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making life long friends.
My current job experience
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 12, 2015
I enjoy what I do, I'm a hard worker and pretty much keep to myself. I worked in the TANF Division for 7 years and enjoyed my job duties, supervisor and coworkers. It wasn't until I was transferred to Child Welfare main file room under a mean and manipulative supervisor that I felt it was time for a change. I worked under this female for a year and a half and experienced some rude and unfairly treatment, not only to me but to my coworkers in this unit. My work speaks for itself and is well documented on paper, but this supervisor allow her personal feels to interfere with her judgments and work ethics. So if you are looking for a dependable, smart hard worker then I'm the person for your company. Given the opportunity I will have no problem proving my worth. Thank you
First job
Auditor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great first job
This job will always have a special place in my heart. This was my first job after college. I learned how to be an Auditor and how to work in the government.
Geat work experence
Human Resources (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: experence for life
Cons: being away from home
I retired from the Service and it was the best job I ever had. Having a career for 20 years is great life experience. The co-workers were helpful. Giving me a strong work ethic.
Emotionally difficult and stressful but satisfying
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, IlDecember 11, 2014
Pros: making a difference
Cons: not being able to do more to help her
My typical day involved going to my patients house and assisting her while she got showered, dressed and walked around the house. I fixed her meals and drinks as she had a stroke and required thick liquids, I also administered her medications and cleaned her feeding tube. Some days I would drive her to her therapy appointments, others I assisted with therapy when the therapists came to the house. There was also light housework involved in which I helped her re-learn how to do things. She had many memory problems even remembering her very young children so I did the best I could with photographs and names and stories to help her remember. The hardest part of my job was the last day when I noticed that her ankles were 3x the normal size and I wanted to take her to the hospital but her mother had me take her to her doctor who said my patient was fine and sent us home and about 2 hours later she started to turn blue so I rushed her to the emergency room where she stabilized and laughing and joking with me and then the next morning I was told that she passed away. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting her and knowing that in a very short time I made a difference in her life and her family's.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2014
Pros: opportunity for learning
Cons: salary
A typical day consisted of my assisting residents of Georgia.
I learneda great deaal over the span of my employment with the state and the management was a key element in my learning.
My co-workers were older and treated me like family. The hardest part of the job was trying to justify the basis of pay increase but the most enjoyable part of my job was the work and what it stood for.
Great Palce to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2014
I learned alot interning in the Caonstituent Services offices.
nice place to work
Office Services Clerk (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 4, 2014
greet customers and assist coworkers and case managers help customers apply for benefits through the state of Maryland
Very good company to work for
Social and Human Service Assistant (Former Employee), Pell City, ALOctober 27, 2014
Pros: i did what i enjoyed doing, i loved working with the group.
Cons: job assignment ended due to state cutbacks
I worked under a more experienced social worker, with supervised visitations for parents and children. Interviewed children that was going to court that consisted of some type of abuse. I enjoyed what I did. Love communication with people.
Intense Training
Economic Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Colquitt, GAOctober 6, 2014
The job was pretty much okay. It was online training and testing for Food Stamps. The new hire employees had to score a 80% or above to progress to the next training stage. Overall, the co-workers were a joy to work with.
Great Place to work
Administrative Officer/ Contracts Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2014
Pros: free monthly bus pass
very diverse population and chance for growth. very flexible with working hours. great benefits
Project Manager - PMO
MD, USA (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2014
Project Manager - PMO
Excellent team and great working conditions, very flexible yet very focused.
I enjoyed working as a Program Assdistant.
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GASeptember 20, 2014
Working as a Program Assistant was very rewarding. My coworkers and I worked as a team. We respected one another decision about new ideas and how to make our job less stressful. As a team or individual we presented great customers services to consumers internal and external. The hardest part of my job was making sure employees ,who was out sick or on leave of absent, received their check in a timely manner.
Interesting to talk to social workers
Data Entry (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: talking to many people
Called social workers and Family Administration workers in the state of Maryland to see what they were working on and entered results into a database.
It was a job with a good salary at that time.
Family Service Worker or Counselor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: boring working in the observatory towers (wall boxes)
Loved working with families with various needs. Worked food stamp cases and finding various agencies for people who were in dire need.
Great place to work....
Management Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2014
I work for the best human service agency..... The dynamics is so wonderful...Everyone greets each other going and coming!
Government
Jobs Case Manager (Current Employee), Talladega, ALAugust 19, 2014
It is a government agency. They provide pretty good benefits.
Military Processing Management
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Jackson, SCJuly 13, 2014
Good working environment with professional co-workers. Good teamwork ethics and employee growth potential.
Unit members were very good about helping each other.
Financial Support Worker (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: hard to advance
The hardest part of the job was trying to motivate some folk to get a job.

1 2 3 4