DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN

DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN Employer Reviews

FUn work enviroment
Intern (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off lunch, selective off days
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare
Greet customer, place orders, make monetary transactions, and other duties assigned by supervisor. I learned how to use a cash register, cook food that the restaurant served. Management was a hard thing to deal with because there was no real supervision, basically everyone did what they wanted. My co workers were fun and we all worked together well. There was no hard part at this job. Everything was enjoyable.
great work place
Case Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 8, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
love working with people . This job gives me the opportunity to serve others.
Exciting
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), Taylor, MIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: being able to someone genuinely in need
Cons: unable to help someone that may really need it
Handle client complaints for Wayne County Taylor District. Investigate welfare fraud.
Co-workers are supportive and work as a team
Social Service Specialist I (Current Employee), McMinnville, ORSeptember 21, 2014
A day at child welfare is diverse and very busy. Each day is different and goes by quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is challenging and every changing.
The hardest part of the job is seeing parents not having the ability to parent their children safely.
busy and rewarding
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: professional but fun enviroment
Cons: work load was sometimes large but manageable
A typical day in the Human Resource department is a busy one, along with the day to day office duties, we engaged in new hire processing from start to finish, including new hire orientation, the hiring process, setting up background checks and drug testing. Management of employees files and updates is a daily duty and answering questions concerning employee time off (FMLA) and general employee questions. It was a pleasure to work with the HR team, they are dedicated and professional. The work load was strong but we worked together to accomplish tasks in hand. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people on a day to day basis.
Comfortable working environment where the guests needs and comforts were a priority.
Head Start Teacher (Former Employee), United States Virgin IslandsSeptember 8, 2014
Meeting and greeting new guests and seeing to their immediate needs. Also, ensuring that the current guests were comfortable and happy. As a night auditor and accounting some of my duties included imputing data into the computer, creating reports, answering phones and reporting to management. I worked well with all the employees and that included management. Working at the Buccaneer has helped me to accept and appreciate diversity. Each guest was different with different needs and likes.
more like slave labor
Clerical (Former Employee), oregon, ilAugust 4, 2014
Cons: discriminative
had to report them to the gov and thats sad as they are a gov agency
Entry level
Legal (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: hard workers
Cons: no proper management
Receiving constant email having nothing to do with your current position. It remind me of high school. Change management every year since I've been there. Co-workers are very helpful and mindful of each other. The hardest part is trying to meet deadlines and your system is down on a daily basis. I enjoy leaving the office to do other duties pertaining to my job. Everyone is under paid!
I love working with families.
Social Worker (Former Employee), EllisvilleMay 15, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: lot of travel
I love working with my clients and helping them reunite with their children.
Nice and Productive place to work.
Case Manager/Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee), Flint, MIMay 5, 2014
Pros: employment with benefits
Cons: limited advancement due to job cuts.
I'm a Case Manager for DHS. I establish eligibility for Cash, Food, Medical, Child Care and Emergency assistance. Also, I mointor employment activities along with work agency to ensure Cash clients are participating with job search related activities. My co-workers are a great team players.
A day at dhs
Eligibility clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TnApril 23, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: very short breaks
Working at department of human services i learned allot of helpful information .
Highly efficient workplace with great team members
Human Service Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ORApril 13, 2014
High pace environment with lots of duties, multitasking is a must. Interact with costumers 100% percent of the time. Knowledge of existing programs and daily changes.
Productive place to work . Opportunity to change lives.
Social Worker, Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to positively impact people's lives
Cons: extremely stressful and sometimes unsafe working environment.
I enjoyed working to bring positive change to people's lives.
A typical day included handling a caseload of up to 60 children,networking, answering dozens of phone calls, escorting children to appointments (doctors, therapists, teachers), placing them in foster homes, and visitation both within my county and surrounding counties.

Management was knowledgeable, but overwhelmed and usually unavailable both emotionally and physically.

Coworkers were very supportive, although very busy. However, I found a great resource in a coworker who became my mentor who took the time to take me out on home visitations and show me what to do as well as taking time to help me understand the massive amount of paperwork.

The hardest part of the job was being expected to do other's jobs. For example, I was sometimes told by a supervisor to go pick up a child, which was an investigator's job. I was never sure whether or not my supervisor was aware of this, but assumed she was and did as instructed. Being untrained left me unprepared and frightened of not knowing what to expect.

Also extremely difficult to take was being overridden by supervisors and/or attorneys who had not spent any time with my children other than a few moments on their court day when I had spent months getting to know the children and families and felt I had a good understanding and sense of their needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to try each day to make a difference in a child's life.
Web and Client/Server Application development using Java and Java EE which includes JSP, Servlets, JSF, Spring, Hibernates, Spring Framework, JAAS, A
J2EE,JAVA developer (Current Employee), Lansing,MIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: excellent
Cons: excellent
Developed a number of JSPs, EJBs (enterprise java beans), DAOs (Data Access Objects) and standalone java programs for batch. Helped with the enhancements and maintenance of both online and batch programs. Involved in development of Supplemental Social Security Payment (SSP) module. This module interfaced with the MAIN (Michigan Accounting Information Network) system. Relationship screens for Data Collections: participated in creating the front-
End screens for the clients.
Used Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest for version control. Involved in creating oracle stored procedures and SQL scripts for Production support data fixes. Implemented J2EE Design Patterns like MVC, Business Delegate,
DAO and DTO.
Understanding the business needed for solving the tickets from the
State Workers and to run the eligibility of the clients.
Understanding the client requirements from status meetings and
maintaining the screens as per the client needs.
Used VB Convertor to convert Excel sheets to an xml file, excel
Sheet consists of eligibility rules. The generated xml file is used Further by the java program and executes the rules.
loved this job
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), New Lisbon, NJFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: had to leave this job to home care my parents
loved working with the patients here it is a wonderful job doing medical assistant
productive and calm work enviroment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILOctober 22, 2013
cooking, cleaning, transporting and random house hold. i was managing my self.
Very good company
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good training
Have good co-worker and supervisor. People work as a team. Can get help for anyone
Great Place to work for
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORSeptember 8, 2013
If your looking for work fast this is a good place to apply. They are in need of more caregivers.
I was able to be with my Grandparents everyday.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Molalla, OregonSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: i was the one to take care of them there last days.
Cons: when they passed away.
I would arrive in the morning and make them breakfast, make sure they took all their medicine, then getting their showers and dressed. I would make sure the house was clean and the laundry was picked up and done. If they had any appointments I would take them or if they wanted to go shopping or just for a drive we would do those kinds of things until they could not go out any longer. I would prepare there lunches and dinners. Sometimes I would just stay for several days with them at a time. As there health worsened they required even more help from me in fact it came to be I did everything for them.
Comfortable place to work
Program Administrator (Current Employee), Jackson, MSAugust 26, 2013
This is a very comforatble place to work. Mangement cares about family.

1 2 3