Department of Justice Employee Reviews in United States

Just to go to work everyday
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2016
Go to work every day was great and learn new thing every day. My co-worker were amazing and we always help each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was to help my team and get the same thing from them.
Management and communication Skills are horrible
Evidence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 27, 2016
This company dose not train new employees very well. This company expect you to understand what was told you, they do not explained nor show you how to do the work. This company has very bad communication skills as well as the management team is very un-organized and un-appreciative of a good worker. The management teams is extremely strict and some what bully's their workers in doing other duties that is not within their job description.
Pros
Cons
The pay is very unrealable/ lousy for the type of work required
Department of Justice Review
Trial Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 24, 2016
The Department of Justice is a great place to work. It's the best law firm in the world and I highly enjoyed my time working here. The management is great.
Department of Justice
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2016
Excellent employment and a family oriented environment. I gained a wealth of knowledge in my career because everyone shared their knowledge and was willing to work as a team.
The Department of Justice is a very intense organization, however, it displays integrity, structure and productive.
Justice Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCJune 20, 2016
First, I have a busy morning to start off with but, work in a good environment with employers and employees.

Since, I've been employed whether through my current position law enforcement and health field it has touch me to have good work ethics and more diverse.

Management in both my current position micro manages, but, although it can be overwhelming at times it only makes me into a better employee and complete my job duties correctly.

My co-workers are so so because when dealing with different personally it can be a bit difficult, but, I can work with anyone at the end of the day.

Dealing with the strict environment and some managers

The public and learning different work related material
Pros
getting four days off and able to make my work schedule
Cons
working long hours and being mandated
Nice place to work
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMay 25, 2016
DOJ so far has been a learning opportunity. My coworkers are very pleasant and we get along well. My TL is a great source of knowledge.
Overall great learning environment
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2016
The employees are all helpful and welcoming to new arrivals. the system is easy to learn and attention to detail is held to a high degree of expectancy. loved my time here and would recommend to anyone interested in the civil law field
leaves a lot to be desired
Front Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCMay 18, 2016
Early mornings, lots of responsibility.
Learned to produce meals for a large number of people.
Decent management team.
Lots of different personalities in co-workers.
Earle mornings...4 AM!
Seeing peoples response to great food.
Pros
Experience gained cooking for a large number of people.
Cons
no benefits
first trade i learn
Welder (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMay 16, 2016
i love working with my hands . im certified on stick arc welding ..and is experiance mig,tig,and flux cor welding...i didnt have time to get the cert...but i am going to school to futher my education in welding cause im planning to do this as a career.....
Make ok Money but you will not be looked at for advancement
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2016
Make ok Money but you will not be looked at for advancement. You are reminded on a daily that you are just a contractor and nothing more.

Want to know more about Department of Justice?

Ask a question
Very exciting and rewarding place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pollock, LAMay 3, 2016
As a Senior Case Manager in the Unit Management Section at a Bureau of Prisons Correctional Facility, I am responsible for the custody and control of designated inmates. I conduct group counseling sessions on a regular focusing on different group techniques to help the inmate understand basic problems and to assist individual in functioning in a more acceptable manner.
Productive place to work
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2016
Informative work place, always busy, providing security for the Department of Corrections, counseling youth and young adults who have been in trouble with the law. Some days were good and some were not, the hardest part of the job, on lock days or short of staff, those were the busiest days, overhaul I enjoyed working with the youth and seeing them progress and overcome their troubles.
Excellent Place to work for.
Management Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
Excellent co-workers, the most important part of my job is learning. I've have learned so much working with this agency.
Interesting and complex cases with various personalities
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2016
You get to work on a stream of interesting cases and enjoy a work-life balance. Everyone on the team is motivated and involved in their work. It is a communicative group.
Secretary, Office Automated (OA) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks and support 16 employees (13 attorneys, 3 paralegals, and 1 program analyst) Eagerly assist the Chief Paralegal with processing incoming resumes received from attorneys, interns, and paralegals.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Unique and Professional Environment in which to build leadership and career development.
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 28, 2016
The Department of Justice instills the values of hard work and determination into every assignment and project. Discretion when handling sensitive material is a must, and the work is always rewarding at the end of the day.
Excellent professional environment
Director, SAR Review Committee & Investigator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 25, 2016
Excellent position from which to acquire expertise in financial institution compliance, especially in the areas of BSA/AML/KYC compliance.
Good job with a fantastic manager
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTMarch 19, 2016
November 2015- Present
•Organize and issue disabled placards
•Data entry
•Work with excel and government software to manage large amounts of data
Pros
Wonderful manager with friendly people
Cons
Job is not challenging or fulfilling
awesome place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 11, 2016
love working with the government personnel great place to work fun & challenging nice people great staff always busy meeting deadlines for attorneys work with different firms.
Protecting national security
Supervisory Surveillance Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2016
Each day was different and exciting. Being able to multitask was the norm. The hardest part of the job was being able to do more with less personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was being productive and having the opportunity to daily assist in protecting national security.
Pros
Protecting national security; training employees
Cons
Manpower shortage