Department of Justice

Department of Justice Employee Reviews

Unix Engineer
Department of Justice (Former Employee), District of ColumbiaMay 19, 2015
Supported Enterprise grade Solaris Servers....
Installed and Build Solaris Servers and supported
Linux DBA systems
A great start to a career
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 5, 2015
Pros: great benefits packages
Cons: poor middle management
A great government agency with a stellar reputation; however, I wish I had done my due diligence into my job title and overall duties and responsibilities because there is not a lot of leverage and career growth for non-attorney staff (unless you are an analyst or project manager). That said, I worked to gain a new position on my own with little guidance or mentorship and to date, has improved my standing considerably.

Overall, management could be much better especially to assist employees interested in building a career at the DOJ on a non-attorney track. The work-life balance could not be better and the benefits packages are also quite excellent. There are trade-offs to any job, but the DOJ does provide its employees with an alternative to private sector work that most find attractive.
Surprisingly Well-Run, Great Office Atmosphere
EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF IMMIGRATION REVIEW (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 28, 2015
The Newark EOIR office is well-run, and there is a strong camaraderie and general sense of helpfulness. The atmosphere was relaxed, and everyone was committed to maintaining a sense of fairness and transparency with everyone who dealt with the office.
Great Company
Staff Services Analyst (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: good training programs
Cons: none
I worked there for 9 years, they were very good with providing training, supportive management and a good safe work environment.
Not a place to work
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 10, 2015
very fast pace, not enough training or information provided to get the job done they leave you on your own to fail. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Security Badge clerk
Security/Badge Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MDMarch 16, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: no advancement with the company
Greet and Communicate with high level officals, Work with GREAT co-workers. Experience working in
the Federal Government.
Great for new attorneys
Law Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2015
Department of Justice is a great place for attorneys, especially attorneys who are just starting their career. There is a variety of assignments and great work/life balance.
great office to work for
Support Services Manager (Former Employee), Washinton DCFebruary 12, 2015
I truly loved working for the Dept of Justice. They allowed to design the office service department and offer suggestions for equipment.

My staff was awesome and the enjoyable part was working along with my staff and creating a place which was fun and happy to come to work.
A very Happy environment
Office Assistant (General), (Typing) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
My typical day at work, arriving early as usual I am always punctual ,
and I prioritize my work. I am comfortable with my job it is just the management was really poor, I am an Office Assistant for 10 years, I was not promoted as an Office Technician, I have passed the exam, but they say I was not reachable, I know the work of an Office Technician, but, I was still not promoted.
My co-workers, I get along with greatly, I am able to help others when they need my help, I was even able to train incoming applicants for the Office Technician position. I felt that was not fair, form management.
The hardest part of the job, is trying to convince the management that I am a very hard worker, and I am a fast learner. The most enjoyable part of the job, Is when I am able to finish my job duties and more, That I am ready for the next day to begin a good day .
This highly political / confidential position was as much rewarding as it was eye opening.... I learned so very much in a very short amount of time...
Legal Secretary/Word Processor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at the bureau was not typical according to my standards.... running vin numbers on license plates for agents in the field, over the radio, taking live calls from paid informants, typing checks made payable to these "confidential" informants, was all very non-typical for me.... perhaps exciting, not dull, and I learned the combination to the vault where the drugs and money and guns were kept in a huge vault for future raids? That is what I was told.....
The co-workers, they were threatened by my eagerness to learn and be cross-trained and to work in more than one capacity at a time. However the most enjoyable part of the job was probably resigning after being promoted to a much higher level of professional calling.The hardest part of the job I have saved until last, on purpose, it was seeing what the tax payers agree to spend their tax dollars on......withoiut being properly informed as to how they were truly being spent and not being able to do anything at all about it except save myself by accepting an awesome promotion and leave it far behind me and try not looking back.
Great job was very education
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, Ohio traveled all over USDecember 24, 2014
Days were very busy making sure all programs ran smoothly. Co-workers and management very helpful and great to work with. Making sure at the end of the day all programs were successful.
A Great Place to Work
Special Assistant United States Attorney (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2014
As a Special Assistant US Attorney, I am not paid by the DOJ. However, I have become very familiar with the culture of the office and enjoy it. Attorneys are given wide latitude to pursue cases of interest, but given assistance where needed.
Great Place to work
Law Enforcement Communication Assistant (LECA) (Former Employee), Dublin, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work
I relearned skills that I learned from San Francisco Police Department. Such as communicating on the radio with Patrol officer in the field. I have a wonderful boss and co-workers. I met a staff at the Boarder Patrol that I really enjoyed working with.
Its a great place
Developer Booz Allen Hamilton (Current Employee), Washington DCNovember 21, 2014
I like it. People are very nice and the work is challenging. I encourage everyone to work here for some job. This site requires me to enter forty words in order to pass some validation test. My office space is pretty bad and I don't have any privacy even to make a phone call. The client is very nice and has come to understand how a software project is run.
Enjoy being out in the field
Realty Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
I really enjoy being out in the field acquiring commercial space for ATF. I am not a fan of being in the Office forced to do busy work. I am looking for something more challenging and more financially rewarding.
No Advancement
Data Entry Clerk-Legal (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: no benefits
Working for the Department of Justice was a wonderful experience that had no possibility of advancement.
Very productive and visionary. Always looking for enhancement.
Recreation Specialist (Current Employee), PRNovember 4, 2014
Pros: very organized and responsible.
I supervise the Recreation Programs for inmates in the Bureau of Prisons.
Organization of all type of Recreation Activities.
Coordinate passive and active Recreation.
Structured Exercise Programs.
Personal Trainer - Certified by Cooper Institute.
Learned a lot and then left
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learned new things
Cons: no job security
I did not understand that as a contract employee, my employer would change it type they went to bid for a new contract. The company that won the contract was your new employer and could decide to keep you or let you go. Your 401K, sick/vacation time changed each time also.

I wore a pager and worked 2nd shift. I might be required to come in early or go assist a different office.

I learned a lot and when I felt I had learned all I could, I left. There was no room for advancement.
Great Workplace
Records Management Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2014
• Valued by supervisors for having a strong commitment to the department’s/companies missions, goals and objectives
Productive and fun workplace. Very family orientated.
Intensive in Home Counselor (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 1, 2014
I worked for this company for 9 years and was able to learn a lot. This company gave me an opportunity to grow as person and profession. I would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to work for The City of Richmond Department of Justice Service give it a chance, you will not be disappointed. If the department that I worked in had not closed, I would have most likely retired from this job.

1 2 3 4 5