Department of Justice

Department of Justice Employer Reviews

DOJ is a professional rewarding work environment.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 9, 2014
DOJ is a professional rewarding work environment where you will be challenged and given the opportunity to be responsible.
Working inside of a prison environment is a challenge.
Counselor (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: working with wondering people that are very helpful.
Cons: having to say good bye.
Working inside of a prison environment is a challenge. The job is not for everybody, but I have enjoyed my years there. I have met many people over the years, and they have all made my life easier with the help that was provided to me during my tenure. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help someone achieve to their full potential, rather – more... it was a staff member or an inmate. The most enjoyable part of my job was the overall challenges. – less
Department of Justice is an outstanding place to work.
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2014
Department of Justice is an outstanding place to grow and to work.
Most exciting law enforcement career.
Federal Agent (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
Most Exciting career in law enforcement. No regrets, only fond memories knowing that our children slept soundly while we were arresting the most violent individuals in this country.
fun place to work
Records Management Supervisor (Current Employee), DCJune 4, 2014
Good place to work I been here for a while just looking for more growth oppurtunties
Great place to start after college
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2014
Pros: work life balance, benefits
Cons: pay
Pay isn't great, but skills learned here will lead to higher-paying jobs in the future. Great work life balance (option for compressed work schedule), lots of great benefits and very motivated and intelligent work environment.
that I have had over six years of experience in Automation Test script Developme I have had experience in both manual and automated testing
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2014
that I have had over six years of experience in Automation Test script Development. I have had experience in both manual and automated testing of web based applications as well as client server applications. In my QA carrier I have worked on different Operating Systems such as windows XP, Windows, Unix and few others. I have done test developed in C++, – more... Java and Visual Basic. A Few testing tools I believe I have extensive experience that would be QC/ALM(11.00) and QTP(9.52,10.00,11.00)/UFT(11.50). And I have done a lot of different tests using these Testing Tools, some of them are Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing ,UAT (User Acceptance Testing) Testing and so many others. And other than that I have also done a lot of back-end testing using SQL Query. So few of the databases that I have worked on are Oracle, Sql Server and Microsoft Access. – less
Good place to work for learning the legal system.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2014
I worked as a Paralegal at Justice and loved working there. I enjoyed the staff and learned a lot from the attorneys.
Typical Federal Government Workplace
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 8, 2014
Pros: pretty easygoing work environment
Cons: most developer tools were free tools, like eclipse.
My co-workers made working more interesting. I learned Java SE and Java Swing while I worked there. I dabbled with Java EE, but I was asked to develop desktop Java applications, so my experience is mostly with Swing.
I had learned how to be timekeeper and was responsible for receiving the checks daily and input on the system
Department of Justice (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: lunch only for one hour
Cons: no comments
I was a disabled person as a deaf employee and had been working with hearing co-workers and supervisors for over 30 years. I had the hardest part of the job was to process the time and attendance reports for 50 employees. I had the most enjoyable part of the job is working on the computer system for accounting.
Productive and Efficient
Investigation Agent (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 9, 2014
Pros: 30 minute meal break in a period of 8 hours worked.
Cons: i did not have any kind of betefits.
A typical day at work is to make written reports in the area and investigate complaints and monitor devices in the area on BI or GPC released by the Justice Department.
A wonderful place to work
Certified Albanian Language Expert (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
A wonderful place to work, challenging, fast-paced, diverse culture
Productive and energetic work place
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2014
A very dynamic workplace that can change everyday. Conduct firearms training, great coworkers and seasoned management.
Team Lead Mids/Senior Analyst
Department of Justice (Current Employee), Washing, DCJanuary 15, 2014
• Conduct Network Monitoring and Incident Response operations supporting a Cabinet-Level Federal Agency 24x7x365.
•Ability to problem solves, ask questions, and discover why things are happening.
• Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs.
• Develop and produce – more... reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues.
•Reporting outputs will be reviewed and approved to ensure quality and metrics are maintained.
• Produce daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting as required by management.
• Coordinate with appropriate organizations regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
• Produce reports identifying significant or suspicious security events to appropriate parties. Include latest security threat information and tie back to specific intrusion sets of nation state actors when possible.
• Maintain knowledge of the current security threat level by monitoring related Internet postings, Intelligence reports, and other related documents as necessary.
• Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks. Report the activity appropriately as determined by the customer.
• Maintain proficiency and skills through relevant training, conventions, conferences, and on-the-job training.
• Monitor and analyze network traffic, IDS alerts, network and system logs, and available open source information to detect and report threats to customer networks.
• Perform CERT/SOC operations to include IDS event monitoring and analysis, security incident handling, incident reporting, and threat analysis
•Participate in tuning and filtering event information – less
Stong culture with great co-workers.
Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great retirement.
Cons: challenging work.
Very professional environment. Agency builds up employees and provides opportunities to advance if you are willing to move to fill agency needs.
A unique and challenging way to serve my country's interest.
Senior Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 18, 2013
A team of technical advisors with subject matter expertise who are unparalleled in their dedication and leadership abilities.
Interesting workplace
Student Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 30, 2013
This was a good job for a college student. You could easily complete homework assignments.
Workplace Responsibilities
Filing Clerk (Student Aide) (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 2, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: no benefits
Archived closed case files and sent them to records, filed current cases for future use by attorneys, scanned court documents to be used during trial, and translated court documents that were in Spanish for attorneys, served as a translator between an attorney and a person of interest.
Prison
Lead Shop Carpenter (Former Employee), Allenwood, PAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free food and clothing, nothing expected except to do your time
Cons: full of them
Its prison. need I say more. wake up, eat, go to work, eat, go back to work, eat, watch tv, read sleep, repeat. Ground hogs day every day.
I get to meet all types of people, and this is enlightening.
Team Leader/Observer (Current Employee), 601 Arch StreetOctober 25, 2013
Pros: the pay is great, my supervisor is great.
Cons: the job is only part time
I have only met one co-worker that was not a team player, other than that, everyone else is great.

1 2 3 4 5