Department of Justice Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMay 25, 2016
DOJ so far has been a learning opportunity. My coworkers are very pleasant and we get along well. My TL is a great source of knowledge.
Overall great learning environment
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2016
The employees are all helpful and welcoming to new arrivals. the system is easy to learn and attention to detail is held to a high degree of expectancy. loved my time here and would recommend to anyone interested in the civil law field
leaves a lot to be desired
Front Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCMay 18, 2016
Early mornings, lots of responsibility.
Learned to produce meals for a large number of people.
Decent management team.
Lots of different personalities in co-workers.
Earle mornings...4 AM!
Seeing peoples response to great food.
Pros
Experience gained cooking for a large number of people.
Cons
no benefits
first trade i learn
Welder (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMay 16, 2016
i love working with my hands . im certified on stick arc welding ..and is experiance mig,tig,and flux cor welding...i didnt have time to get the cert...but i am going to school to futher my education in welding cause im planning to do this as a career.....
Make ok Money but you will not be looked at for advancement
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2016
Make ok Money but you will not be looked at for advancement. You are reminded on a daily that you are just a contractor and nothing more.
Very exciting and rewarding place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pollock, LAMay 3, 2016
As a Senior Case Manager in the Unit Management Section at a Bureau of Prisons Correctional Facility, I am responsible for the custody and control of designated inmates. I conduct group counseling sessions on a regular focusing on different group techniques to help the inmate understand basic problems and to assist individual in functioning in a more acceptable manner.
Productive place to work
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2016
Informative work place, always busy, providing security for the Department of Corrections, counseling youth and young adults who have been in trouble with the law. Some days were good and some were not, the hardest part of the job, on lock days or short of staff, those were the busiest days, overhaul I enjoyed working with the youth and seeing them progress and overcome their troubles.
Excellent Place to work for.
Management Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
Excellent co-workers, the most important part of my job is learning. I've have learned so much working with this agency.
Interesting and complex cases with various personalities
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2016
You get to work on a stream of interesting cases and enjoy a work-life balance. Everyone on the team is motivated and involved in their work. It is a communicative group.
Secretary, Office Automated (OA) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks and support 16 employees (13 attorneys, 3 paralegals, and 1 program analyst) Eagerly assist the Chief Paralegal with processing incoming resumes received from attorneys, interns, and paralegals.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Unique and Professional Environment in which to build leadership and career development.
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 28, 2016
The Department of Justice instills the values of hard work and determination into every assignment and project. Discretion when handling sensitive material is a must, and the work is always rewarding at the end of the day.
Excellent professional environment
Director, SAR Review Committee & Investigator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 25, 2016
Excellent position from which to acquire expertise in financial institution compliance, especially in the areas of BSA/AML/KYC compliance.
Good job with a fantastic manager
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTMarch 19, 2016
November 2015- Present
•Organize and issue disabled placards
•Data entry
•Work with excel and government software to manage large amounts of data
Pros
Wonderful manager with friendly people
Cons
Job is not challenging or fulfilling
awesome place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 11, 2016
love working with the government personnel great place to work fun & challenging nice people great staff always busy meeting deadlines for attorneys work with different firms.
Protecting national security
Supervisory Surveillance Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2016
Each day was different and exciting. Being able to multitask was the norm. The hardest part of the job was being able to do more with less personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was being productive and having the opportunity to daily assist in protecting national security.
Pros
Protecting national security; training employees
Cons
Manpower shortage
Excellent
Material Handler Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Otisville, NYFebruary 26, 2016
Excellent work environment, An expressed emphasis on teamwork and coordination.

Management is outstanding and coworkers have an excellent outlook.
Overall
Cons
n/a
productive fun
Witness Protection Program (Former Employee) –  philippinesFebruary 17, 2016
productive,fulfillment happy and enjoy challenging operation 24/7 on call securing vip attending hearing meeting escort reporting
Pros
alowance
benefits
Best Place to Work for a Great Career
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2016
I learned so much working for the Department of Justice. I was given opportunities to improve my work skills, meet many diverse situations and deal with them, with the US Courts and Judges. This was a job that was the best. The people were amazing and were willing to mentor everyone in anyway needed.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Working with criminals
It was a privilege and an honor to work for the Federal Government.
Probation Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
My time within the Probation Department advanced my skills in many areas, including furthering my knowledge in court report writing, learning sentencing guidelines, investigations, drug education as well as gang crimes. Being my first job post bachelors degree it was a fantastic learning experience for me. My supervisors were very knowledgeable and helpful whenever assistance was necessary. I loved every aspect pf the job, but if I had to name the hardest part was working in the unit and performing drug testing. Although I learned a lot in my time there, offenders were extremely creative. I enjoyed my job, with the investigation/home visits the most exciting part of the job for me.
Pros
Allowed to leave early, without penalty to pursue my Master Degree
Challenging work environment
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2016
Be prepared to work long hours (until the job is done)

Many opportunities to learn and advance

Cases and projects are challenging

Co-workers are very helpful
Pros
Intelligent colleagues; challenging work assignments
Cons
too much oversight of your cases/filings