Department of Justice

Department of Justice Employer Reviews

A Great Place to Work
Special Assistant United States Attorney (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2014
As a Special Assistant US Attorney, I am not paid by the DOJ. However, I have become very familiar with the culture of the office and enjoy it. Attorneys are given wide latitude to pursue cases of interest, but given assistance where needed.
Great Place to work
Law Enforcement Communication Assistant (LECA) (Former Employee), Dublin, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work
I relearned skills that I learned from San Francisco Police Department. Such as communicating on the radio with Patrol officer in the field. I have a wonderful boss and co-workers. I met a staff at the Boarder Patrol that I really enjoyed working with.
Its a great place
Developer Booz Allen Hamilton (Current Employee), Washington DCNovember 21, 2014
I like it. People are very nice and the work is challenging. I encourage everyone to work here for some job. This site requires me to enter forty words in order to pass some validation test. My office space is pretty bad and I don't have any privacy even to make a phone call. The client is very nice and has come to understand how a software project – more... is run. – less
Enjoy being out in the field
Realty Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 12, 2014
I really enjoy being out in the field acquiring commercial space for ATF. I am not a fan of being in the Office forced to do busy work. I am looking for something more challenging and more financially rewarding.
No Advancement
Data Entry Clerk-Legal (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: no benefits
Working for the Department of Justice was a wonderful experience that had no possibility of advancement.
Very productive and visionary. Always looking for enhancement.
Recreation Specialist (Current Employee), PRNovember 4, 2014
Pros: very organized and responsible.
I supervise the Recreation Programs for inmates in the Bureau of Prisons.
Organization of all type of Recreation Activities.
Coordinate passive and active Recreation.
Structured Exercise Programs.
Personal Trainer - Certified by Cooper Institute.
Learned a lot and then left
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learned new things
Cons: no job security
I did not understand that as a contract employee, my employer would change it type they went to bid for a new contract. The company that won the contract was your new employer and could decide to keep you or let you go. Your 401K, sick/vacation time changed each time also.

I wore a pager and worked 2nd shift. I might be required to come in early or – more... go assist a different office.

I learned a lot and when I felt I had learned all I could, I left. There was no room for advancement. – less
Great Workplace
Records Management Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2014
• Valued by supervisors for having a strong commitment to the department’s/companies missions, goals and objectives
Productive and fun workplace. Very family orientated.
Intensive in Home Counselor (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 1, 2014
I worked for this company for 9 years and was able to learn a lot. This company gave me an opportunity to grow as person and profession. I would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to work for The City of Richmond Department of Justice Service give it a chance, you will not be disappointed. If the department that I worked in had not closed, – more... I would have most likely retired from this job. – less
DOJ is a professional rewarding work environment.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 9, 2014
DOJ is a professional rewarding work environment where you will be challenged and given the opportunity to be responsible.
Working inside of a prison environment is a challenge.
Counselor (Current Employee), Fort Dix, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: working with wondering people that are very helpful.
Cons: having to say good bye.
Working inside of a prison environment is a challenge. The job is not for everybody, but I have enjoyed my years there. I have met many people over the years, and they have all made my life easier with the help that was provided to me during my tenure. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help someone achieve to their full potential, rather – more... it was a staff member or an inmate. The most enjoyable part of my job was the overall challenges. – less
Department of Justice is an outstanding place to work.
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 5, 2014
Department of Justice is an outstanding place to grow and to work.
Most exciting law enforcement career.
Federal Agent (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
Most Exciting career in law enforcement. No regrets, only fond memories knowing that our children slept soundly while we were arresting the most violent individuals in this country.
fun place to work
Records Management Supervisor (Current Employee), DCJune 4, 2014
Good place to work I been here for a while just looking for more growth oppurtunties
Great place to start after college
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2014
Pros: work life balance, benefits
Cons: pay
Pay isn't great, but skills learned here will lead to higher-paying jobs in the future. Great work life balance (option for compressed work schedule), lots of great benefits and very motivated and intelligent work environment.
that I have had over six years of experience in Automation Test script Developme I have had experience in both manual and automated testing
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 14, 2014
that I have had over six years of experience in Automation Test script Development. I have had experience in both manual and automated testing of web based applications as well as client server applications. In my QA carrier I have worked on different Operating Systems such as windows XP, Windows, Unix and few others. I have done test developed in C++, – more... Java and Visual Basic. A Few testing tools I believe I have extensive experience that would be QC/ALM(11.00) and QTP(9.52,10.00,11.00)/UFT(11.50). And I have done a lot of different tests using these Testing Tools, some of them are Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing ,UAT (User Acceptance Testing) Testing and so many others. And other than that I have also done a lot of back-end testing using SQL Query. So few of the databases that I have worked on are Oracle, Sql Server and Microsoft Access. – less
Good place to work for learning the legal system.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 22, 2014
I worked as a Paralegal at Justice and loved working there. I enjoyed the staff and learned a lot from the attorneys.
Typical Federal Government Workplace
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 8, 2014
Pros: pretty easygoing work environment
Cons: most developer tools were free tools, like eclipse.
My co-workers made working more interesting. I learned Java SE and Java Swing while I worked there. I dabbled with Java EE, but I was asked to develop desktop Java applications, so my experience is mostly with Swing.
I had learned how to be timekeeper and was responsible for receiving the checks daily and input on the system
Department of Justice (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: lunch only for one hour
Cons: no comments
I was a disabled person as a deaf employee and had been working with hearing co-workers and supervisors for over 30 years. I had the hardest part of the job was to process the time and attendance reports for 50 employees. I had the most enjoyable part of the job is working on the computer system for accounting.
Productive and Efficient
Investigation Agent (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 9, 2014
Pros: 30 minute meal break in a period of 8 hours worked.
Cons: i did not have any kind of betefits.
A typical day at work is to make written reports in the area and investigate complaints and monitor devices in the area on BI or GPC released by the Justice Department.

1 2 3 4 5