Department of Justice Employee Reviews

Interesting work, very low salary
Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
Great co-workers and team environment. Lack of upward advancement and career opportunities as a contractor. Management is inexperienced. Salary and benefits of contractor company are incredibly low for the quality and quantity of work provided to the government.
Exciting job and training
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2016
My time with the Justice Department was enjoyable and exciting, as I have gain many years of experience as Paralegal Specialist. I was able to work with inter agencies and many agencies within the Justice Department, DEA, FBI, U.S. Marshals, Courts and Prison facilities. My daily work schedule was pretty busy setting up interview of witnesses in cases and organize documents and filing pleading and arrange conference calls closing case files. I didn't find the job to hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the attorney win there cases because everything was done in a timely manner.
Pros
Reward for outstanding work.
Cons
Some times have work past lunch.
Great place to work!
Operational Support Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2016
Great benefits, plenty of room to advance and move within the company. Management could use some more training but overall great work/family balance. Yearly raises
Challenging yet rewarding
Spanish Language Analyst (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 15, 2016
As a language professional you perform a wide variety of translations and interpretations which makes the job challenging but fun and rewarding at the same time. Co-workers are very well educated and come from different backgrounds. Management sees you as family. The sky is the limit if you are willing to put in hard work. :)
Hospital and ambulatory clinic in correctional environment
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2016
High stress correctional environment with increasingly acute and chronic medical and psychiatric patients. Law enforcement benefits are exceptional. Pay compensation lacking in comparison to hospitals.
technical and mechanical
HVAC Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, WIOctober 29, 2016
busy
how to work with others in limited space
the ability to lead and direct as well teach
determine and dedicated to their job
having to leave to go elsewhere
working being able to fix and repair appliance
Pros
ability to learn
Cons
not enough pay
Organized and a Knowledgeable agency
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2016
It was fast paced at times, but gave employees the opportunity to learn and progress. The agency was family oriented and there was a great deal of camaraderie.
Depends on Unit
Staff Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2016
Workload is sufficent for pay. Some Managers are amazing and others not so much. I have learned many of skills that will assist me in my career. The hardest part of the job is when Managers do not provide training. I am not saying this is every Manager. I have experienced the lack of training from more than one Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is the majority of coworkers are extremely friendly. DOJ fosters a positive work environment for the most part.
Pros
Training available through office of development.
Cons
High turn over rate.
Productive and loving to grow with the company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 28, 2016
Day normally starts with my initial paperwork then begin driving routes. Friendly environment and we all help each other, along with management. The best part is being on the road meeting people while completing the task at hand.
Pros
Meeting meeting and challenges
Cons
Growth and promotion
Great experience
Federal Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSSeptember 28, 2016
Great job...nice co-workers...great experience...learned a lot...everyone was helpful in training me for the job..there was no negative aspects of the job.
paid internship
STEP - Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2016
As an intern there was a limit on what I could help with, but I helped with data entry and such. It was a paid internship which was great, but the intern program should be more organized.
It was decent.
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill, PASeptember 16, 2016
The employer was decent. I really do not have any complaints. It's a place where I can be productive. I have obtained new skills and learned how to work with all types of people.
Department of Justice
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2016
An extraordinary group of people working together for a tremendous cause. Any issue that I ran into I was able to communicate to my supervisor and the issue was resolved immediately.
Pros
Work towards a great cause
Cons
Fast Paced
It was not a fun place to work.
General Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 4, 2016
I obtained a lot of skills that can help me become a great employee in the future. This job was easy to me because I enjoyed the work that I was performing.
Productive and challenging job but also a balanced life
Senior Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2016
DOJ's Asset Forfeiture Management Staff (AFMS) comprises of several departments including it's information security team. Forfeiture Systems's (FS) security team deals with continuous monitoring, incident response, vulnerability assessment, vulnerability remediation, working with various security tools, and analysis of vulnerable findings within AFMS networks. The essential part and the most challenging part of the job was to maintain a good security posture so management would be satisfied with overall security structure. The most enjoyable part of the team was the flexibility in work schedules and balance between professional and personal life.
Moral is very low supervisors don't support employees
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOAugust 17, 2016
Have not received a raise in almost 8 years, not satisfied with working conditions. Very unsafe. Director is very stand off does not engage with staff uses he super-intents to talk to staff.
good
Manager (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 5, 2016
Excellent experience working for AEHR Test Systems. I enjoyed the environment as well as my team. It was an experience of learning about the new innovations.
Typical government agency
Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 2, 2016
This is a typical government agency. The people I worked with were great. Sometimes the work became mundane, which is why I was always looking for a challenge. Being in the administrative field tends to get a little boring at times. However, you get out of a job what you put into it. I really enjoyed working for the federal government with the exception of the commute. The only reason that I left there was due to some extenuating medical issues that have now been taken care of to the best of my ability.
Excellent
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2016
Great team, co-worker. Friendly and great environment, managers. Enjoyed going to work everyday. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.
Working at DOJ
Supervisory Administrative Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 13, 2016
A typical day for me is operating as a supervisor for a very small team and managing contracts and carrying our requisitions, paying invoices, returning call, providing customer service, etc.
Pros
You are not micro managed.
Cons
You have to have a skill set to multi-task or things can fall throug the cracks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Justice. Our community is ready to answer.