Department of Justice Employee Reviews in United States

Very exciting and rewarding place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pollock, LAMay 3, 2016
As a Senior Case Manager in the Unit Management Section at a Bureau of Prisons Correctional Facility, I am responsible for the custody and control of designated inmates. I conduct group counseling sessions on a regular focusing on different group techniques to help the inmate understand basic problems and to assist individual in functioning in a more acceptable manner.
Productive place to work
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2016
Informative work place, always busy, providing security for the Department of Corrections, counseling youth and young adults who have been in trouble with the law. Some days were good and some were not, the hardest part of the job, on lock days or short of staff, those were the busiest days, overhaul I enjoyed working with the youth and seeing them progress and overcome their troubles.
Protecting national security
Supervisory Surveillance Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2016
Each day was different and exciting. Being able to multitask was the norm. The hardest part of the job was being able to do more with less personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was being productive and having the opportunity to daily assist in protecting national security.
Pros
Protecting national security; training employees
Cons
Manpower shortage
Best Place to Work for a Great Career
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2016
I learned so much working for the Department of Justice. I was given opportunities to improve my work skills, meet many diverse situations and deal with them, with the US Courts and Judges. This was a job that was the best. The people were amazing and were willing to mentor everyone in anyway needed.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Working with criminals
Great place to work if you have prior military experince
business administrator (Current Employee) –  Edgefield, SCJanuary 2, 2016
Great place to work if you have prior military experience and would like a career in law enforcement, however, it is a very political agency and you must be able to constantly adjust to continued changes in policies, procedures and leadership.
Pros
Job Gorwth
Cons
work around federal inmates. Need to relocate most times if interested in promotions
It was a privilege and an honor to work for the Federal Government.
Probation Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2016
My time within the Probation Department advanced my skills in many areas, including furthering my knowledge in court report writing, learning sentencing guidelines, investigations, drug education as well as gang crimes. Being my first job post bachelors degree it was a fantastic learning experience for me. My supervisors were very knowledgeable and helpful whenever assistance was necessary. I loved every aspect pf the job, but if I had to name the hardest part was working in the unit and performing drug testing. Although I learned a lot in my time there, offenders were extremely creative. I enjoyed my job, with the investigation/home visits the most exciting part of the job for me.
Pros
Allowed to leave early, without penalty to pursue my Master Degree
Cons
Unique and Professional Environment in which to build leadership and career development.
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 28, 2016
The Department of Justice instills the values of hard work and determination into every assignment and project. Discretion when handling sensitive material is a must, and the work is always rewarding at the end of the day.
Secretary, Office Automated (OA) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks and support 16 employees (13 attorneys, 3 paralegals, and 1 program analyst) Eagerly assist the Chief Paralegal with processing incoming resumes received from attorneys, interns, and paralegals.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Has been an excellent career for the past 28 years
Human Resource Manager - GS (Current Employee) –  FCI Otisville, New YorkNovember 24, 2015
I have had a terrific career with the Federal Bureau of Prisons. I was able to move up and advance my career and have been in the Human Resources field for 28 years. I have been eligible to retire for the last few years and feel I am young enough to begin a new career in the private sector and retire from her. I have no regrets.
Good job with a fantastic manager
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTMarch 19, 2016
November 2015- Present
•Organize and issue disabled placards
•Data entry
•Work with excel and government software to manage large amounts of data
Pros
Wonderful manager with friendly people
Cons
Job is not challenging or fulfilling
Awesome place to work.
Senior Officer Specialist/Material Handler Super. (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2016
As a Corrections officers supervising the inmates, making sure that facility rules are obeyed and that both staff and inmates have a safe environment is 24/7 relevant work experience.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Hazardous work enviroment 24/7
Challenging work environment
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 14, 2016
Be prepared to work long hours (until the job is done)

Many opportunities to learn and advance

Cases and projects are challenging

Co-workers are very helpful
Pros
Intelligent colleagues; challenging work assignments
Cons
too much oversight of your cases/filings
Contract Linguist
Romanian Contract Linguist (Current Employee) –  FBI, New Haven, CTOctober 30, 2015
Excellent place to work:
Top Secret clearance necessary.
I provided translation and interpretation services as well as cultural expertise for various cases to the FBI. Also, I prepared translated material for trials, helped interview suspects and reviewed official documents for the Romanian government.
Pros
Highly perofessionalism environment
Cons
Work week might go over 5 days.
Professional and Organized
Vocational Training Instructor / General Foreman (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2015
Challenging diversified work environment with educated co-workers with problem solving skills. Learning different teaching methods to educate apprentices for a more skilled workforce.
Pros
Employment stability
Cons
Not being able to utilize my education and experience to my full potetial
Your position very important as you support the Agent in the field
Project Manager/IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 6, 2015
Excellent place to have a career in assisting with IT projects to fight illegal drugs and explosives. You see your work being utilized throughout the United States and in foreign countries. Awesome work experience.
Interesting and complex cases with various personalities
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2016
You get to work on a stream of interesting cases and enjoy a work-life balance. Everyone on the team is motivated and involved in their work. It is a communicative group.
awesome place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 11, 2016
love working with the government personnel great place to work fun & challenging nice people great staff always busy meeting deadlines for attorneys work with different firms.
Excellent professional environment
Director, SAR Review Committee & Investigator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 25, 2016
Excellent position from which to acquire expertise in financial institution compliance, especially in the areas of BSA/AML/KYC compliance.
Wonderful people to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Thomson, ILOctober 10, 2015
While I believe the benefits could use some tweaking, CBH is an outstanding place to work. By far the best place I have ever worked. The nurses were treated with such respect from management staff and they were truly appreciative and rewarding for hard work! Would highly recommend!
Pros
Outstanding management, room for advancement
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Decent pay. Terrible schedule
Justice Service Protective Officer/Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2016
Leadership problems. Customer and Contracting company treat employees horribly. 12 hours shifts. Disrespected by management on a daily basis. No possibility of advancement.