Department of Justice Employee Reviews

productive and peaceful place to work
Java/J2ee Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 25, 2017
productive and peaceful place to work !the commute was a little rough because of dc traffic other then that i loved working their learned a lot from my co worker manager was the best !
Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCMay 18, 2017
Correctional environment; very security oriented. Management versus staff culture. Too much tax payer dollars wasted in salaries for managers who have no use for their position. Five Wardens at 1 complex is unnecessary; 1 Warden can run the complex with several Associate Wardens. Some employees are worse than the inmates housed at the facility. Most enjoyable part of job was when I accrued time off and was away from the place. 30% of the positions can be eliminated without affecting the operation, which will save tax payers the waste of unnecessary positions/salaries.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Management versus staff culture
Great place to intern in DC
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2017
I had a great summer interning here! I had so much responsibilities for just being an intern and got a chance to exercise my leadership and communication skills.
Great job
Secretary Contractor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 9, 2017
I love the job it made me a better person and planning on stay here for a long time. I would recommend everyone to jump into this business it pays good And give great hours.
Fun place to work
Advisor to the Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2017
I learned so much about building partnerships with other governmental agencies. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team at the department. Our office was a really wonderful working environment.
Normal office workplace
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 6, 2017
Very average, not much else to say. Much of the work is classified, so if you like to talk about work at home, then this is not the place for you. There are a lot of attorneys.
A place to learn and to develop your skills.
Attorney at Law (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 2, 2017
The Department of Justice is a workplace full of challenges, I learned a lot about a lot of things. Is a good place to work and learn, if you are a trail attorney. The salary is modest and there are very small opportunities to get a better salary. You have to learn a lot about how the government works. I had a very good experience with the co-workers.
Internship with great People
United States Marshal Service (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 26, 2017
Although i was only an intern, the experience that i had with the Marshal Service was outstanding. The people helped me every step of the way and taught me the ropes of the federal system.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
No pay
Fun
Case Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2017
Do not apply if you are not ambitious or hard working, This is a great place to work and you are treated fairly. The pay matches the work load and you do work hard. i loved this job
Performed administrative and clerical duties for the Criminal Justice Legacy System
Office Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2017
Prepared correspondence and reports that require manager's signature. Processed conference room requests, out of state travel requests and travel advances. Received incoming and out going mail. Tracked probationary and annual performance appraisals for personnel.
Great temp job
Applications Processor (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 4, 2017
Perfect for what I needed while I was in school. They aloud me to come and go when I needed as long as the work got done. I really appreciated the upper management for letting me adjust my work to my school life.
Human Resources
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2017
This job was great. For the short time I worked here it was great. The staff was amazing and made coming to work fun and enjoyable. I loved working here.
Work
Legal Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2017
The Dept. of Justice is a decent place to work as with most jobs it all depends on where and whom you work alongside. All things are relative. I had a pleasant experience during the 7 years I was employed there and would recommend it.
Pros
401K, Roth IRA, Aws
Cons
Controlling Supervisor
Great career path.
Associate Warden, Executive Staff (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 21, 2017
Great career, great culture and great life experience. You get out of it what you put in it. Trust and loyalty in this career is a must if you want to make to the end of the road.
Pros
All about RETIREMENT!
Cons
Stress is a part of the job.
Very informational and very productive. One of the most hard working individuals in all of Civil Rights.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day at work, editing letters, responding to incoming correspondence, filing, copying, closing cases, light lifting.
I've learned a lot about the different statues for cases we work on. (Police brutality ect.) Workplace culture, very diverse group of Attorneys, Paralegals, Investigators, and Secretaries. The work is pretty simple, nothing too hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get read different cases.
Pros
Dress down almost everyday if one feels like it.
Cons
The moral with the support staff is low.
Professional Place to Work
Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2017
The DOJ is a great place to work. Ih has a great work place culture and the employees are professional and hard working. In addition, the job is very rewarding.
I wish there was a full time gov't job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2017
In my time in the government, I did my job the best I could and it was cool having my own office and doing mailing stuff. It was a stay in school position and I didn't really know what to do for college, but I tired it and when it came to focusing on the work, I mostly enjoyed it.
Pros
good pay, work and commute was cool
Cons
wish it was not stay in school program and wish it was full time
job was challenging and fun
Head Librarian (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARFebruary 22, 2017
This was a job in a federal prison and really cannot be rated with other jobs I did enjoy the work but the pay was not good I did enjoy working there it was treated as a ministry
Cook (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Great benefits
Peopl there treat you with respect,and every one knows your name.
The management team helps train you to assure that every individual learns and knows their job.
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 15, 2017
Working for this company is challenging.I have been working here since 1988. A typical day at work begins with reviewing important emails which I usually do along with coffee.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Justice. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval