Department of Justice Employee Reviews in United States

Typical government agency
Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 2, 2016
This is a typical government agency. The people I worked with were great. Sometimes the work became mundane, which is why I was always looking for a challenge. Being in the administrative field tends to get a little boring at times. However, you get out of a job what you put into it. I really enjoyed working for the federal government with the exception of the commute. The only reason that I left there was due to some extenuating medical issues that have now been taken care of to the best of my ability.
Management and communication Skills are horrible
Evidence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 27, 2016
This company dose not train new employees very well. This company expect you to understand what was told you, they do not explained nor show you how to do the work. This company has very bad communication skills as well as the management team is very un-organized and un-appreciative of a good worker. The management teams is extremely strict and some what bully's their workers in doing other duties that is not within their job description.
Pros
Cons
The pay is very unrealable/ lousy for the type of work required
Working at DOJ
Supervisory Administrative Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 13, 2016
A typical day for me is operating as a supervisor for a very small team and managing contracts and carrying our requisitions, paying invoices, returning call, providing customer service, etc.
Pros
You are not micro managed.
Cons
You have to have a skill set to multi-task or things can fall throug the cracks.
Very exciting and rewarding place to work.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pollock, LAMay 3, 2016
As a Senior Case Manager in the Unit Management Section at a Bureau of Prisons Correctional Facility, I am responsible for the custody and control of designated inmates. I conduct group counseling sessions on a regular focusing on different group techniques to help the inmate understand basic problems and to assist individual in functioning in a more acceptable manner.
Productive place to work
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2016
Informative work place, always busy, providing security for the Department of Corrections, counseling youth and young adults who have been in trouble with the law. Some days were good and some were not, the hardest part of the job, on lock days or short of staff, those were the busiest days, overhaul I enjoyed working with the youth and seeing them progress and overcome their troubles.
The Department of Justice is a very intense organization, however, it displays integrity, structure and productive.
Justice Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  District of Columbia, DCJune 20, 2016
First, I have a busy morning to start off with but, work in a good environment with employers and employees.

Since, I've been employed whether through my current position law enforcement and health field it has touch me to have good work ethics and more diverse.

Management in both my current position micro manages, but, although it can be overwhelming at times it only makes me into a better employee and complete my job duties correctly.

My co-workers are so so because when dealing with different personally it can be a bit difficult, but, I can work with anyone at the end of the day.

Dealing with the strict environment and some managers

The public and learning different work related material
Pros
getting four days off and able to make my work schedule
Cons
working long hours and being mandated
leaves a lot to be desired
Front Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCMay 18, 2016
Early mornings, lots of responsibility.
Learned to produce meals for a large number of people.
Decent management team.
Lots of different personalities in co-workers.
Earle mornings...4 AM!
Seeing peoples response to great food.
Pros
Experience gained cooking for a large number of people.
Cons
no benefits
Great place to work, with awesome co- workers
Transit Subsidy (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2016
I enjoy coming in to Washington, DC everyday. I grew up in this area and never appreciated the beauty of it until I started working here. I work with some very amazing people that happen to be very friendly and embraced me from the very start.
Protecting national security
Supervisory Surveillance Specialist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2016
Each day was different and exciting. Being able to multitask was the norm. The hardest part of the job was being able to do more with less personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was being productive and having the opportunity to daily assist in protecting national security.
Pros
Protecting national security; training employees
Cons
Manpower shortage
A great place to work and advance.
GED Teacher (Former Employee) –  Forrest City, ARJuly 9, 2016
i wish that I can go back to working for the D.O.J. I would recommend any young person to start in the government to get a good salary and they can advance
Pros
2 hours for lunch and planning time
Cons
health care plans we great and affordable
Overall great learning environment
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2016
The employees are all helpful and welcoming to new arrivals. the system is easy to learn and attention to detail is held to a high degree of expectancy. loved my time here and would recommend to anyone interested in the civil law field
Moral is very low supervisors don't support employees
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOAugust 17, 2016
Have not received a raise in almost 8 years, not satisfied with working conditions. Very unsafe. Director is very stand off does not engage with staff uses he super-intents to talk to staff.
Unique and Professional Environment in which to build leadership and career development.
Student Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 28, 2016
The Department of Justice instills the values of hard work and determination into every assignment and project. Discretion when handling sensitive material is a must, and the work is always rewarding at the end of the day.
Just to go to work everyday
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 28, 2016
Go to work every day was great and learn new thing every day. My co-worker were amazing and we always help each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was to help my team and get the same thing from them.
Best Place to Work for a Great Career
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2016
I learned so much working for the Department of Justice. I was given opportunities to improve my work skills, meet many diverse situations and deal with them, with the US Courts and Judges. This was a job that was the best. The people were amazing and were willing to mentor everyone in anyway needed.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Working with criminals
first trade i learn
Welder (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMay 16, 2016
i love working with my hands . im certified on stick arc welding ..and is experiance mig,tig,and flux cor welding...i didnt have time to get the cert...but i am going to school to futher my education in welding cause im planning to do this as a career.....
Secretary, Office Automated (OA) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks and support 16 employees (13 attorneys, 3 paralegals, and 1 program analyst) Eagerly assist the Chief Paralegal with processing incoming resumes received from attorneys, interns, and paralegals.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Department of Justice
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2016
Excellent employment and a family oriented environment. I gained a wealth of knowledge in my career because everyone shared their knowledge and was willing to work as a team.
Excellent Long term Career
Senior Federal Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYJuly 6, 2016
Great place to build a career and climb the corporate ladder as high as you want to go!
If you are willing to travel then the DOJ is the best place to go to!
Worst Place to work for Contracted employees!
FLU CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2016
If your not hired directly as a federal employee and go through a contractor company, expect people to treat you like garbage! You get paid way less and the health benefits are so bad there isn't a point to even purchase it. I worked as a Financial Analyst in FLU and the Assistant US Attorney is smug, condescending and doesn't deserve his position. Other AUSA attorneys say he is unteachable and errogant. Keep in mind the U.S Attorney's office hires these people fresh out of law school with little knowledge of what they are doing. Half the time people sit at there desk and twiddle their thumbs all day. I was very disappointed and expected to learn and experience much more when I was working there. The women are very catty and quick to make up lies about you...the only good thing about this job is you can request a 4 or 5 day weekend almost on every federal holiday....again, showing u how much everyone wants to really work there. If you want a good job and a lasting job, look somewhere else!
Pros
Quiet office
Cons
Everything. Drama, bad benefits, lack of training.