Department of Justice

Department of Justice Employer Reviews

Productive and Efficient
Investigation Agent (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 9, 2014
Pros: 30 minute meal break in a period of 8 hours worked.
Cons: i did not have any kind of betefits.
A typical day at work is to make written reports in the area and investigate complaints and monitor devices in the area on BI or GPC released by the Justice Department.
A wonderful place to work
Certified Albanian Language Expert (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
A wonderful place to work, challenging, fast-paced, diverse culture
Productive and energetic work place
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2014
A very dynamic workplace that can change everyday. Conduct firearms training, great coworkers and seasoned management.
Team Lead Mids/Senior Analyst
Department of Justice (Current Employee), Washing, DCJanuary 15, 2014
• Conduct Network Monitoring and Incident Response operations supporting a Cabinet-Level Federal Agency 24x7x365.
•Ability to problem solves, ask questions, and discover why things are happening.
• Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs.
• Develop and produce – more... reports on all activities and incidents to help maintain day to day status, develop and report on trends, and provide focus and situational awareness on all issues.
•Reporting outputs will be reviewed and approved to ensure quality and metrics are maintained.
• Produce daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting as required by management.
• Coordinate with appropriate organizations regarding possible security incidents. Conduct intra-office research to evaluate events as necessary, maintain the current list of coordination points of contact.
• Produce reports identifying significant or suspicious security events to appropriate parties. Include latest security threat information and tie back to specific intrusion sets of nation state actors when possible.
• Maintain knowledge of the current security threat level by monitoring related Internet postings, Intelligence reports, and other related documents as necessary.
• Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks. Report the activity appropriately as determined by the customer.
• Maintain proficiency and skills through relevant training, conventions, conferences, and on-the-job training.
• Monitor and analyze network traffic, IDS alerts, network and system logs, and available open source information to detect and report threats to customer networks.
• Perform CERT/SOC operations to include IDS event monitoring and analysis, security incident handling, incident reporting, and threat analysis
•Participate in tuning and filtering event information – less
Stong culture with great co-workers.
Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great retirement.
Cons: challenging work.
Very professional environment. Agency builds up employees and provides opportunities to advance if you are willing to move to fill agency needs.
A unique and challenging way to serve my country's interest.
Senior Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 18, 2013
A team of technical advisors with subject matter expertise who are unparalleled in their dedication and leadership abilities.
Interesting workplace
Student Aide (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 30, 2013
This was a good job for a college student. You could easily complete homework assignments.
Workplace Responsibilities
Filing Clerk (Student Aide) (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 2, 2013
Pros: learning experience
Cons: no benefits
Archived closed case files and sent them to records, filed current cases for future use by attorneys, scanned court documents to be used during trial, and translated court documents that were in Spanish for attorneys, served as a translator between an attorney and a person of interest.
Prison
Lead Shop Carpenter (Former Employee), Allenwood, PAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free food and clothing, nothing expected except to do your time
Cons: full of them
Its prison. need I say more. wake up, eat, go to work, eat, go back to work, eat, watch tv, read sleep, repeat. Ground hogs day every day.
I get to meet all types of people, and this is enlightening.
Team Leader/Observer (Current Employee), 601 Arch StreetOctober 25, 2013
Pros: the pay is great, my supervisor is great.
Cons: the job is only part time
I have only met one co-worker that was not a team player, other than that, everyone else is great.
My job is rewarding.
Senior Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2013
I work with some great co workers in a safe enviorment. The best part of my job is knowing that I have some of the best supervisors in the Bureau.
Federal Service provides excellent benefits, ample training opportunites and the honor of serving your country.
Secretary to the US Attorney (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits and diverse environments
All throughout my Federal Service, spanning 23 years, I worked with top professionals; in an atmosphere of dignity and respect.

I had the opportunity to work alongside people of all races, levels and economic backgrounds, while experiencing a sense of 'community.'

Upward mobility was based solely on performance and dedication, with many training opportunities.
Over all its the best job I've ever had
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2013
Pros: the pay and benifits
Cons: we don't receive over time.
On a daily basis I supervise federal pre-trial inmates, either in their living quarters or during work details. As a part of this job, management and co-workers have to work together and be on the same page or someone could get hurt. At this job I've learned responsibility and not to take shortcuts.
It's prison
Senior Officer (Current Employee), Ayer, MASeptember 1, 2013
Steady job, good benefits and salary but dark and depressing environment
Productive and Loving Atmosphere
Contractor/ Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great leaders
Cons: not being able to participate in government activities
Handling all front desk operations, inputting data into database and assisting contract speciliast, directors & various departments with management of files etc.

I have learned the process to procurement request.

We are like family

N/A

Interaction and variety of tasks
Exposure to a variety of skills and experiences
Children's Exposure to Violence Fellow (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 20, 2013
Great work environment with the opportunity to work on a variety of issues.
Co-worker are fun and make the job worth wild.
Corrections Officer I (Current Employee), Clayton, MOAugust 12, 2013
I am a out going, self motivated individual that enjoys learning new things.
Productive and a pleasant work place.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: received recognition for a job well done when special projects were completed in a timely manner.
Cons: needed more than a half hour for lunch.
Job very productive in completion of daily task of transmitting results of firearms to the National gun Center on a daily basis.
Responsibilty was my priority without any coaching from my supervisor. Intergrated with my co-worker in a friendly manner. I learned new skills on the computer that was very helpful in completing my task quickly and efficently. – more... The hardest part of the job was trying not to have a backlog on the police reports that continuously arrived at the office in several bixes daily. I enjoyed this job because there was no pressures put upon me in completing my daily task. – less
You have to survive!
Special Agent (Current Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 5, 2013
Pros: i work in the intelligence division and is very operational. you are on the street!
Cons: puerto rico is the only jurisdiction in the united state, law enforcement agents have to work 40 years to retire.
-You don't know what going to happen.
-Be ready for everything.
-be very patient.
-excellent co-workers
-The Agency don't give you the tools to get the job done.
-I work in the Intelligence Division and is very operational. You are on the street!
Steady job
Senior Officer (Current Employee), El Reno, OKJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: lack of motivation for hard work
A secure job. Can get too routine. I really learned how to communicate with people from all walks of life. Sometimes too many mangers hinder progress. The best part of the job is the reliability of co-workers.