Department of Justice Employee Reviews in United States

Good job with a fantastic manager
Data entry (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTMarch 19, 2016
November 2015- Present
•Organize and issue disabled placards
•Data entry
•Work with excel and government software to manage large amounts of data
Pros
Wonderful manager with friendly people
Cons
Job is not challenging or fulfilling
Security life Centerra not DOJ
Justice Protective Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2015
The work load isnt much but the hours and rules can be a bit much, great place to be if you have other things such as school going on, definitely not a career field
awesome place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 11, 2016
love working with the government personnel great place to work fun & challenging nice people great staff always busy meeting deadlines for attorneys work with different firms.
Excellent professional environment
Director, SAR Review Committee & Investigator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 25, 2016
Excellent position from which to acquire expertise in financial institution compliance, especially in the areas of BSA/AML/KYC compliance.
Awesome place to work.
Senior Officer Specialist/Material Handler Super. (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2016
As a Corrections officers supervising the inmates, making sure that facility rules are obeyed and that both staff and inmates have a safe environment is 24/7 relevant work experience.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Hazardous work enviroment 24/7
Lousy shift work
JPSO (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2015
Program Mangers don't care about their employees. Your work outside in the elements in below freezing temperatures sometimes for 12 hours straight with no break. Inspectors a sneaky and underhanded. will try to get you fired.
Pros
flexible, decent pay, overtime
Cons
sometimes no breaks, poor leadership
Excellent Place to work for.
Management Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2016
Excellent co-workers, the most important part of my job is learning. I've have learned so much working with this agency.
Contract Linguist
Romanian Contract Linguist (Current Employee) –  FBI, New Haven, CTOctober 30, 2015
Excellent place to work:
Top Secret clearance necessary.
I provided translation and interpretation services as well as cultural expertise for various cases to the FBI. Also, I prepared translated material for trials, helped interview suspects and reviewed official documents for the Romanian government.
Pros
Highly perofessionalism environment
Cons
Work week might go over 5 days.
Learned a lot and then left
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 26, 2014
I did not understand that as a contract employee, my employer would change it type they went to bid for a new contract. The company that won the contract was your new employer and could decide to keep you or let you go. Your 401K, sick/vacation time changed each time also.

I wore a pager and worked 2nd shift. I might be required to come in early or go assist a different office.

I learned a lot and when I felt I had learned all I could, I left. There was no room for advancement.
Pros
learned new things
Cons
no job security
Professional and Organized
Vocational Training Instructor / General Foreman (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2015
Challenging diversified work environment with educated co-workers with problem solving skills. Learning different teaching methods to educate apprentices for a more skilled workforce.
Pros
Employment stability
Cons
Not being able to utilize my education and experience to my full potetial
this was an internship
Legal Extern (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 20, 2015
I really enjoyed the internship, even though unpaid. I learned a great deal and since this was within my career path, I was able to experience many things that will always help me in my career.
Great workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2015
My typical day at work is working with a numerous amount of patients. I scheduled and cancel appointments. I work on different projects after work and during work as needed.
Pros
Free lunch, group pot lucks, free education
Cons
short lunches
Great job i felt like i was making a difference
Diversion Agent and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 6, 2015
I learned a lot while working for the department of Justice, as a Diversion investigator.It's a very important job for our country.
Pros
working for the government
Cons
lots of paperwork
A great place to serve your country
Speechwriter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 28, 2015
There's a lot of variety to the work at DOJ. Never a dull moment, and lots of very smart people. A great place to make an impact.
Good Mission. Hard and dangerous work
Special Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2015
The mission is just and worthy. Idenfying major drug traffickers domestic and foriegn. Enforcing Federal Drug Laws in the US and 82 coutries abroad. Very challenging work. Keeping the American public safe is priority one.
It was a very stressful place, but we worked as a team.
US Marshal Service - Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2015
I enjoyed working in Law Enforcement. We worked about ten hours a day or more. It was nice working at the Federal Court / DC Superior Court in Washington DC. We had a great team and was very caring for each person.
Great Office Environment
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 27, 2015
I have been a contractor for DOJ for 9 years and I have enjoyed my time here. The work is interesting and keeps me up to date with computer software.
The work is very rewarding.
Information Systems Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2013
Work day can be very interesting at times, you just never know what can be in stored. Learned so much about working with people from all different walks of life. Management is the achilles tendon in the Criminal Division. The hardest part of the job was not being acknowledge or receiving the credit due for ones hard work. I think the part of loved the most was getting to know all my co-workers.
Pros
great health insurance, life insurance and 401k program.
Cons
the commute became very tedious after moving to our new home.
Great place to work and hope to come back
LEVEL 2 HELPDESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2015
I provided end user support to hundreds of attorneys and staff.
There was a great feeling of family.
I loved the location because it was close to home.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Support Staff is a bit stretched
The Department of Justice takes care of a multiplicity of matters or issues.
Criminal Prosecutor-Assistant State Attorney III (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 3, 2012
It's a great professional challenge for me to work in the Puerto Rico Department of Justice, since it deals with many matters, such as:
Criminal matters in order to seek justice and assist the court to find the truth.
The public prosecutor represents and protects the “public interest” on behalf of the state against criminal offenders.
The best interest of the minor children and mentally disable persons is represented by the Special Proseuctor of Family Affairs.
The Juvenile Prosecutor represent the state against juvenile offenders.
Also has the Victims Compensation Office, INTERPOL, Antitrust Office and the Special Bureau of Investigations.
Certainty to real estate business is given thru the Public Register of the Department of Justice.
Gives legal representation in civil cases to the State, the Government Agencies and Government Employees.
It is also an honor for me to be part of the Puerto Rico Department of Justice.