Department of Justice Employee Reviews

If you are an attorney, the DOJ is a wonderful experience
EXECUTIVE OFFICE FOR IMMIGRATION REVIEW (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 26, 2017
Serving your government and representing the government is a privilege. If you are an attorney, I recommend taking the opportunity to learn from some of the best attorneys in the country.
Good place
Correspondence Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2017
Fast-paced and work with good people. Expect to work long hours, though. Good benefits and the days do go by fast. Overall, I'd recommend to anyone looking to apply.
Not A Good Place for Advancement of Growth
Executive Office for Immigration Review (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10278September 25, 2017
This was a very unhealthy environment to work in, management and supervisors were cut throat, deviated from work agendas to personal agendas, caused the environment to be super stressful. Not recommended.
Great For Students in College
Student Trainee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2017
If you manage to obtain a student position at the DOJ, they will work with your school schedule. Students file paperwork, manage office security, order supplies and anything else that the office needs.
Pros
Works with school schedule
Cons
Poor pay
No family life
Resident Legal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2017
The DOJ is a great place to work if you are single, but if you intend to be a family person, it sucks. Long hours, lots of travel, and you do not get paid enough.

I loved being a prosecutor but when your friends are making 250-300k a year and you are only making 120k and working twice as hard, it gets a little long.

When the entire country tells you you are not worth the little you get paid, it also is defeating. No appreciation and upper management is way too political.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no life
Interesting work, Typical 9-5
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2017
Great benefits package and salary
Interesting and challenging work
Low number of staff for recurring workload
Coworkers make the work environment enjoyable
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Forrest City, ARSeptember 9, 2017
I loved this place. The hours were somewhat unreasonable but overall it was a great experience. I wish i could have stayed but the hours were somewhat to unmanageable.
Fast paced job, wore many hats
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2017
My job was great. Only problem was working with many different supervisors. Trying to please everyone. Other than that I would recommend this job to others.

Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, location, diverse workplace
Cons
Management hard to please.
Wonderful place to work!
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2017
Wonderful experience, small environment so I was able to learn a lot about quality assurance from my supervisor; whom was retiring and was eager to pass on his love and knowledge of mail.
Pros
One on one environment
Cons
Tempory
Rewarding place to work - you make a difference
United States Marshal (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 2, 2017
I love working for the USMS, DOJ. Great staff, and work. Never a dull moment and you truly make a difference in the community. I would strongly recommend DOJ to anyone.
Decent
Procurement Liaison Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2017
No complaints with the organization itself. The workplace and culture were very accommodating and well appointed. Great benefits package and promotion potential.
Face paced work culture
Records Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2017
Work independently and with a team accomplish the organization's mission. Implements best practices and collaboration with a diverse group of IT professionals.
Easygoing.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95820August 31, 2017
There was always a heavy load of work but very manageable. The people I worked with were very nice and caring. Days were busy but easy, the work was also very interesting. You tend to learn a lot of things working for the department.
Keeps you busy
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2017
It's never a boring job. Attorneys have various assignments for you each day, and each day is not like the last one. I can be extremely busy or have some lag time in my day, it wall depends what the demands on the office are.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not enough money
productive workplace
CLERK (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
the department of justice is a great environment to work in. great staff and great place to start if you are looking for a entry level position. It takes time to move up in job titles but its well worth it.
a good place to work
Special investigative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  RetiredAugust 28, 2017
the job was excellent for career advancement, and the ability to travel you had institutions throughout the united states, I was able to work in Georgia, New York, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Florida over my 28yrs employeed with the agency.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
Challenging work, low possibility to advance.
Executive Office for Immigration Review (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85007August 24, 2017
DOJ is a good place to work, but there is limited ability to promote and it can be difficult to change agencies. The work is somewhat technical and can be challenging, but in a good way.
exciting and rewarding
Senior Investigator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 22, 2017
My past experience as a Special Agent with the FBI and IRS Criminal was an experience that I relish....helping society was my aim...that was accomplished
Pros
professional exposure
Fun
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2017
Fun place to work, great benefits. Treat employees very well. Very good at training employees to the standards that they would like. Very flexible with work and life balances.
This is a good and fun environment.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed coming to work and trying to make a difference in our society. The people that I worked with is awesome. I've learned a lot from both staff and inmates. It was just a good overall experience all together.